« Joy Behar: Republicans Caused Tim Johnson's Stroke | Main | Alberto Gonzales Demands That New York Town Elect Hispanics »

December 17, 2006

Santa Claus Ejected From Disney World

J.D. Worley looks so much like Santa Claus that kids followed him around during a recent trip to Disney World. Admittedly, he didn't deny being St. Nick:

Christmas is supposed to be about kids, and how do you tell a kid that comes up to you and grabs your leg and calls you "Santa," how do I say, "Get away from me kid, I'm not Santa?"

Disney World administrators didn't appreciate it:

They told me I either needed to alter my appearance or I needed to leave the park because I was impersonating Santa Claus. They told us that Santa was considered a Disney character.

But Worley remains defiant:

I'm not going to let it ruin my Christmas. I'm not going to let it stop me from going to Disney, if they let me in. I still look like Santa, and I'm not going to shave my beard off.

It looks like certain amusement park administrators might find their stockings full of coal this Christmas.

J.D.-Worley.jpg
J.D. Worley

On a tip from Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at December 17, 2006 11:04 AM

Comments

Santa is a Disney character? WTF?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at December 17, 2006 11:59 AM

How about a boycott of Disney World? Or at least an e-mail campaign castigating them for STUPIDITY!!!!!
And wher is the ACLU when you need them?

Posted by: codekeyguy at December 17, 2006 1:15 PM

Ah...the Mouse Nazi's at it again. Zeig Mickey anyone?

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at December 17, 2006 8:28 PM

i have an idea - okay, group huddle:

THERE IS NO SANTA! WHY CONTINUE LYING TO YOUR KIDS - TELL THEM! OR BETTER YET - NEVER ALLOW THEM TO EVEN THINK THERE IS SUCH A PERSON.

our 15 1/2 year old son is still pist that we allowed him to believe until the ripe old age of six - he has extreme disdain for liars...how can we expect our kids to be honest with us when we feed them this crappe?

Posted by: nanc at December 17, 2006 8:51 PM

My parents never mentioned father christmas to me when I was a kid. I'm never going to mention him to my kids, except to explain the story of St Nicholas as an example of how we should be good to people.

Posted by: Archonix at December 18, 2006 11:49 AM