« Enlightened France Still Collaborating With the Nazis | Main | Alex Constantine, The Mad Tinfoil Hatter »

November 27, 2006

Warning: Do Not Date Ecosexuals

There's a new phenomenon that highlights liberals' famous tolerance: the ecosexual.

An ecosexual is a moonbat for whom environmentalist fanaticism takes precedence over other concerns in personal relationships. Since they tend not to believe in families or in serious commitments to other people, moonbats often find themselves still dating in their 30s and later — late enough in life for their politically correct prejudices to have become thoroughly ossified.

Says Rachel Pearson, a 33-year-old vegetarian designer who makes children's clothes out of "organic" cotton:

I won't date a guy who doesn't recycle. He doesn't have to wear nonleather shoes, but he has to get it.

For awhile she had a relationship going with a film producer. But that all ended when they went out for breakfast one morning and her beau not only ordered meat, but put synthetic sweetener in his coffee. Gasped Ms. Pearson:

I was dumbstruck. I think I ate my entire meal in silence. Pork plus NutraSweet? That was definitely our last date.

A 33-year-old Berkeley acupuncturist had a similar experience, when a woman he soon afterwards stopped dating admitted to eating chocolate cake for dinner:

If you're thinking about a long-term relationship, that's a red flag.

Here I was thinking that moonbats don't have any moral standards.

hippie.jpg
A suitable date for an ecosexual.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 27, 2006 9:25 AM

Comments

mmmmmmmmm...gotta get me one of those...NOT!

i'd be willing to bet this guy has more critters in that mess of hair on his face than all my animals have put together.

elitest freakin' snobs.

Posted by: nanc at November 27, 2006 10:02 AM

Ecosexual women don't have many relationships?
They must have a hell of a battery bill.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 27, 2006 10:16 AM

i'm sure they use the rechargeables. you know, being eco-minded - or perhaps the solar charged type.

Posted by: nanc at November 27, 2006 10:40 AM

Hey, Darwin was right. Look on the bright side: these wackos aren't reproducing now, nor are likely to later, at this rate.

My favorite story of this genre: as a grad student at Berkeley (God save me), I was amused that the local primates refused to get their dogs vaccinated against rabies because they "didn't want a chemical dog"!

Meanwhile, they were ingesting every drug they could lay their grubby hands and opposable thumbs on...

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 27, 2006 10:56 AM

“I can tell instantly if he’s my type by the deodorant he uses,” [Claudia] says.

You mean she found someone who uses deodorant?

And then there’s Neil * (true enough), a 31-year-old Oakland landscape construction worker who had been living a green, monastic-influenced life (no meat, no alcohol, no sex) for a year and a half. “But then I met Erica, who corrupted me with her wonderful ways,” he says, and he’s been happily enjoying wine, sex, and even the occasional burger ever since.

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for Erica to corrupt Neil! LOL

Posted by: Pam at November 27, 2006 11:48 AM

You can't really get on that dude for dumping his girl after she admitting eating chocolate cake for dinner. Women should be vegetarians and really don't need to eat more than 600 calories a day.

Posted by: ac1 at November 27, 2006 11:55 AM

He looks like a Dead-Head, a strikingly ironic name for the followers of that band's generation! He may as well have "moonbat" tattooed across his forehead.

Posted by: Chris at November 27, 2006 12:42 PM

heaaaaaaaayyyyyy, chris! i loved the "dead" and have never stooped to those levels nor dated anybody who looked remotely similar.

of course, there were alot of them in line...

Posted by: nanc at November 27, 2006 1:41 PM

And surely no one on this board would refuse to date a liberal because of his/her political ideas?

Posted by: BS Detector at November 27, 2006 3:15 PM

Is anyone else baffled by the chocolate cake example? What the frag does eating chocolate have to do with being a Vegi-Nazi?

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 27, 2006 3:27 PM

Yes, nanc, a lot of young people loved the dead. Thats why that generation was so very destructive; they celebrated all the things and people that did not need to be celebrated and abandoned all the things they should have. As I was brought up in a Christian home, I surely had no interest in listnening to a band that celebrated illegal drug use, casual sex, and all sorts of bad behavior.

Posted by: Chris at November 27, 2006 8:27 PM

oops! chris, how right you are - i was brought up in an irish catholic home - my terrible!

Posted by: nanc at November 27, 2006 8:43 PM

umm, chris? i'm over 50. do i still qualify for the "young people" remark? if so, you can be my new friend.

Posted by: nanc at November 27, 2006 8:48 PM

Well if you were brought up in a Catholic home, that explains a lot. And, umm, nanc, I said "loved" the Dead. Past tense. That meant your generation then. You were young then, by that definition. My meaning remains unchanged though; no true Christian I ever met had any desire to get caught up in pop culture which has corrupted so many in our society. I certainly lost the desire to consume it when I started going to church.

Posted by: Chris at November 27, 2006 10:49 PM

Some people are young forever. Others just never grow up.

Lets all define true christians! My definition is: eats steak, smokes a cigar and likes to drink wine. Oh wait, that's my last vicar...

And I never met a man more on fire for god than he.

Then there's the former bouncer and all-round hardnut, named Paul oddly enough. A man who is probably quite capable of breaking your neck just by looking at it, or at least hurting it a lot. Never a man more on fire.

And Nita, who spent most of her life wandering from cult to sect to "cyrstal healing guru" before she found God. Never a woman etc...

My point is, the body of christ is much larger than our arbitrary definitions and limitations. If you have no desire to consume pop culture, then I'm glad God has given you that strength. However, from my perspective, it seems a little risky judging other people from your moral foundation, as it were, and condemning so negatively without handing out hope for better things. Hubris and pride were the downfall of many a prophet and priest.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Posted by: Archonix at November 28, 2006 3:25 AM

Hait Must Be an Eco-Moonbat Version of Paradise.

Once in the city proper, one realizes that the urban sky is so clear because Haiti is too poor to have air pollution. Gasoline and diesel vehicles are out of almost everyone's reach, and garbage is too precious to be burned on the street.

No polluting SUVs and recycled garbage. Exactly how the eco-moonbats want us to live.

But Port-au-Prince is not too poor to have sewage: That humid choking stench is everywhere. Unending makeshift shacks stretch from clogged "canals," through which water the color of petroleum slowly trickles: This is at once the communal latrine and the water supply for washing the evening's cookware.

A communal latrine, presumably unisex. How progressive! But wait, there's more! Haiti has also solved the problem of childhood obesity and freed children from the oppression of capitalistic consumerism.

Children are everywhere, many of them painfully thin--some are clothed, some partially clothed, others not clothed at all...The graying decayed remnants of a few kites entangled on telephone lines provide the only hint that any of these children has ever possessed or enjoyed a toy.

No possessions! John Lennon would be so proud.

And just to complete the picture, the Haitians have outdone even the Berkeley city council, all but completely eliminating the military and placing their country under the dominion of the United Nations.

The Haitian government maintains no standing army--merely a police force of perhaps 7,000.

In short, if you want to see a place where moonbattery has triumphed in imposing all of its ideals, it's just an hour and a half off the Florida coast.

Posted by: V the K at November 28, 2006 8:53 AM

archonix - yup - and not to forget "pride goeth before a fall"...

Posted by: nanc at November 28, 2006 2:01 PM

Yes nanc and Anchronix, you may have a good point, just be sure you apply it to yourself too because you are judging me as well. Everyone judges everyone, we have to to survive. My point remains the same, though, most "Christians" practice Burger King religion-have it your way. That's not Christianity. None of the Christians I ever knew desired to get caught up in fueling the drug counterculture of the sixties, drink alcohol, etc. Those are some of my morals, but not all. No one is perfect, that's for certain, but if we don't return to a solid moral foundation, I'm afraid the West is doomed. I think it's time to wake up.

Posted by: Chris at November 29, 2006 5:00 PM