« Hangdog Murtha | Main | On the Moonbat Menu »

November 21, 2006

Moonbats Exploit Thanksgiving to Preach Anti-American Revisionist History

San Francisco's Bill Morgan is among the schoolteachers who have replaced traditional celebrations of Thanksgiving with what the America-loathing propagandists at AP are pleased to call a "more realistic look at the complex relationship between Indians and white settlers." On the taxpayer's dime, he walks into his third-grade class wearing a pilgrim hat made out of black construction paper and snatches away the kids' belongings, announcing that they now belong to him because he "discovered" them.

Get it? Our ancestors didn't settle America, they stole it — or at least that's what children are being taught by a generation of warped moonbats who use our educational system to train children to hate their own country.

Even some Indians have reservations (so to speak) about ramming down little kids' throats a revisionist version of Thanksgiving that perverts a peaceful feast shared by settlers and natives into yet another excuse to denounce America. Says Los Angeles substitute teacher Chuck Narcho, a member of the Maricopa and Tohono O'odham tribes:

If you are going to teach, you need to keep it positive.

Others, however, wallow in moonbattery, including Omaha member Laverne Villalobos, who wants Thanksgiving reenactments banned from her local school because she considers the holiday a day of mourning. Presumably anyone with Indian blood should spend the day sulking, and the rest of us should spend it hating ourselves.

Needless to say, no kids will be learning that prior to European settlement, the Americas were populated by stone-age savages who had not even advanced to the level of using wheels or riding animals, and who were known to indulge in ritual torture, cannibalism, and human sacrifice. When civilization arrived, the natives frequently raided settlements, burning them and abducting women and children, whom they enslaved. I'm glad to leave all this out of third-graders' Thanksgivings, if the moonbats could just drop the "we stole this country" crapola.

pilgrims.gif
Evil pilgrims.

On a tip from Brooklyn Red Leg.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 21, 2006 1:47 PM

Comments

I'm sure the world would be a much better place without America.

These moonbats should be dropped off in a remote wilderness location so they can live like the Indians did.

Posted by: Steve at November 21, 2006 4:51 PM

History is full of bad, horrible things that people of all races have done to others. Why pick on one, single race, caucasians, and not just caucasians, but caucasians of Western European ancestry, to blame the world's troubles on?

There is plenty of guilt to go around, if that's what you want to spread around.

I just don't get these "I hate myself" liberals.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at November 21, 2006 4:53 PM

I think it has to do with the fact that the white man has advanced so much and done so much good. That's not fair. It's not like we don't help other people out with what we've learned. The white man isn't culturally sensitive enough.

The Arabs had a time when they actually advanced civilization to some extent, but what have they done recently? What is the only country in the Middle East to actually benefit the world as a whole? Israel.

What about Africa, the cradle of civilization according to some people? Call it a racial slam if you want, but that continent hasn't been advancing as fast as the rest of the world. Look at the slaughters that are still occurring there. Look at the number of people who have AIDS. You have witch doctors over their telling men that they can be cured by having sex with a virgin, so these men go out and RAPE LITTLE BABY GIRLS.

Then there's this story, about two men who cut the genitals off of a 10-year-old boy to use in muti, or traditional medicine. The original news article is not longer online.

Africa, still backwards after all these years

And get this, I saw this story this morning. Someone provide evidence to me that homosexual behavior was cherished among the Africans before the white man came along.

Despite liberal laws, reality for many gays in South Africa is loneliness, fear and violence

Democratic post-apartheid South Africa has the most open gay community on a continent where homosexuality is usually driven underground and portrayed as un-African - an unwanted legacy of colonialism and white culture.

Posted by: Steve at November 21, 2006 5:24 PM

I don't either Nude, but I think they do it because they ALREADY hate Western Civilization. They do it because it's just another way for them to attack our society, discredit it, and attempt to overthrow it and substitute thier own visions. The word is getting around, though, because numerous books and papers are spreading the information about the Indians. Mark Twain's Noble Red Man was a great piece, but needs to be revived as it is over a century old. Another good source to balance the article is the book Scalp Dance: Indian Warfare on the High Plains. The Indians were not the peaceful, loving, welcoming people we have been taught. They were brutal to the extreme, and were often intolerant of others, had slaves, and often attacked white's. Down with PC history I say.

Posted by: Chris at November 21, 2006 5:28 PM

Steve, I agree with your views of Africa, with the exception of the "Black Pride" version of history with Africa as the "crade of civilization." It is not, that has been soundly debunked by numerous sources. That doesn't stop many blacks from believing it, however.

Posted by: Chris at November 21, 2006 5:41 PM

Well, I did say "...according to some people."

Actually, I didn't word that quite right. I should have said the cradle of life, but my fingers got ahead of me. I was referring to the belief that hominid life originated and evolved in Africa, then spread out.

Posted by: Steve at November 21, 2006 5:56 PM

in ALL things - not some - give thanks.

a peaceful thanksgiving to all of you.

thank you.

Posted by: nanc at November 21, 2006 8:40 PM

It would have been closer to the truth if the teacher had dressed as an Indian and given gifts to the children. The Pilgrims would never have survived if it hadn't been for the help of the Indians. The Pilgrims invited the Indians to the first Thanksgiving out of gratitude.
The Pilgrims came seeking religious freedom. They weren't here to steal and kill. Their relations with the tribes were actually pretty good.
We are using 21st Century yardsticks to measure 17th Century people.

Posted by: phil at November 22, 2006 3:12 AM

Not only anti-American but innaccurate as well. Phil is correct that the 1st Thanksgiving had nothing to do with exploitation only with gratitude. King Philip's War started in 1675 and started over the murder of a converted Indian. This evolved into the first Indian attempt to drive the settlers from America and the relative death tolls of the settlers was devestating. All but 2 settlements in Maine were destroyed. With aid from England and the Mohicans and a concerted military effort the was turned and Philip was killed in June of 1676 but the war continued in Maine and NH until 1678. However most of the tribes in MA and Rhode Island were decimated and would never recover. But Thanksgiving had nothing to do with the destruction of the Indian tribes.

Posted by: Bandit at November 22, 2006 6:02 AM

They do this every year - White Man=BAD Indian=GOOD.

Simple fact is half the people in the world are predominantly evil and the other half decent. It doesnt matter what your race is.

I love how Michael Richards aka Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld has unbelievable found a way to inject Hurricane Katrina into his racist rant. He came real close to pulling a "Kanye West".

"Richards: "...You know, I'm really busted up over this and I'm very, very sorry to those people in the audience, the blacks, the Hispanics, whites — everyone that was there that took the brunt of that anger and hate and rage and how it came through, and I'm concerned about more hate and more rage and more anger coming through, not just towards me but towards a black/white conflict. There's a great deal of disturbance in this country and how black feel about what happened in Katrina, and, you know, many of the comics, many of performers are in Las Vegas and New Orleans trying to raise money for what happened there, and for this to happen, for me to be in a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, you know, I'm deeply, deeply sorry. And I'll get to the force field of this hostility, why it's there, why the rage is in any of us, why the trash takes place, whether or not it's between me and a couple of hecklers in the audience or between this country and another nation, the rage—"

Richards was seen at anti Iraq rallies and is a supporter of John Kerry so that combined with his failure as an actor after Seinfeld ended must have caused him to blow as gasket and become a full fledged over the top MOONBAT!

Im sure Hollywood will forgive him after they give him a sufficient TIME-OUT.

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at November 22, 2006 6:30 AM

I used to be an Ironworker and have worked closely with at least fifty Indians over the years. I would always start conversations with them about this kind of PC crap and almost all of them would say they thought it was a joke. In fact most of them had a agood sence of humor about "Native American issues" and none of them walked around with a chip on their shoulder.

Posted by: Chris at November 22, 2006 7:23 AM

Oh, so America is the only country that was "invaded"? Tell that to the descendants of the Saxons...the Normans invaded them during the 9th century. And when I say invaded, they came armed and ready to do battle, killing and pillaging, until William of Normandy was ensconced on the throne of England. There are many other such examples throughout history all over the world.

Pilgrims did not come with the intent of conquest, they came with the intent of starting a new life for themselves. They had plenty of issues, but Thanksgiving is a time to remember the good things this country has accomplished, and the brotherhood that indeed accompanied that first feast. Phil is correct when he says we are measuring 17th century people with a 21st century yardstick. Society has obviously changed significantly since then, and it's makes no sense to try to make centuries-long dead people live up to current standards.

Posted by: Pam at November 22, 2006 8:25 AM

Its sad to say, but maybe gratitude and giving thanks are no longer American values. God help us in the future.

Posted by: phil at November 22, 2006 8:56 AM

This week I interviewed for a job with a company that's growing like gangbusters. Why? because they are 'Native-American' owned and, as such, get preferential treatment in Federal Contracting.

Posted by: V the K at November 22, 2006 8:58 AM

Speaking of preferential treatment:
I didn't know any Indians when I lived in Washington state so I cant say I knew what they're take on it was. But a group of loggers I knew used to like to fish for salmon at the right time of year. I remember they used to complain that the Indians were allowed to net the streams, despite already low numbers of fish, while anybody else had to use a hook and bait.

Posted by: MB at November 22, 2006 9:20 AM

mb - my husband worked the nation in washington state for a number of years for a plumbing contractor involved in h.u.d. homes. i'm of oglala and irish descent. what you say is true, however, if you are a friend to a native they will invite you into their circle and you enjoy the same pleasures as they.

if you'd really like to know who's raping the rivers, streams and lakes in this country you may look to the hmong/laotian influx into this country who are given much the same rights. they leave NOTHING behind and keep EVERY thing they catch.

Posted by: nanc at November 22, 2006 9:32 AM

Nanc, you are one scary, racist, stupid mofo. "Raping the rivers"? You sound like a PETA moonbat.

Posted by: Thomas at November 23, 2006 6:25 AM