« How to Get Fat on a Hunger Strike | Main | Gorby Grouses From the Dustbin of History »

July 11, 2006

Kevin Barrett Show Will Go On

Tinfoil hat leftist Kevin Barrett, who has made a lifestyle out of his belief that the World Trade Center was destroyed not by Muslims but by Republicans, is still on to teach Islam this fall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, despite outrage at the depraved and literally psychotic views he imparts to his students.

Wisconsin's Governor Jim Doyle and U.S. Rep. Mark Green, as well as several state legislators, have called for Barrett's dismissal. But after a 10-day review of his teaching, Provost Patrick Farrell determined that Barrett is fit to teach, and that his belief that Dick Cheney blew up the World Trade Center deserves to be espoused in a university classroom under the guise of education.

Farrell piously declared:

We cannot allow political pressure from critics of unpopular ideas to inhibit the free exchange of ideas.

Larry Summers was not asked to comment. No one can credibly deny that Barrett would be removed from his job at once if his bizarre delusions didn't find favor in the hearts of moonbat educrats.

Needless to say, the ACLU applauded Farrell's decision.

Kevin_Barrett.jpg

Posted by Van Helsing at July 11, 2006 9:09 PM

Comments

Here's an unpopular idea:

Let's round up all Leftists, socialists, Marxists, queers, queer-lovers, America-haters and other filth and dregs of society, put them on five boats, to Palestine, Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. And if they refuse to go, shoot them dead on the spot.

Okay. I'm waiting for an offer from a university now.

Posted by: Doug at July 11, 2006 9:39 PM

Can't we export him....in a small trunk would be nice.

Posted by: Wild Thing at July 11, 2006 11:00 PM

heard someplace(?althouse?) the course is voluntary,1 week, and extra credit.
At least we`re aware of it alot sooner than the colorado moonie, oh whats his name?

I kinda like doug' idea.

Posted by: Bensittin at July 11, 2006 11:38 PM

Right on doug I am with you 100% on you idea.

Posted by: gene at July 12, 2006 10:24 AM

I am so proud that I know the U where these
lunatic,s like ward and barrett are working at
because I would not send my dog there let alone
my child , to be brain washed with his B.S. no way on earth would I abused my child or dog with his B.S.

Posted by: gene at July 12, 2006 10:32 AM

Hey, Ya think there's any relation to Syd Barrett(Pink Floyd) who recently passed away? Both are complete whackjobs. Genetic?

Posted by: Bryherb at July 12, 2006 11:46 AM

(Sent today AM)

RE: Professor's Job

Dear Dr. (Mike) Adams:
> I see where Prof. Kevin Barrett will retain his part-time
>instructor's job at the University of Wisconsin - Madison to teach a
>course on Islamic culture (of peace, of course), despite espousing the
>theory that the Bush administration blew up the Twin Towers. I myself
>have a law degree, a B.S. in geology, and an M.S. in environmental
>science, and knowingly ascribe to the controversial theory that the
>earth is flat. This most certainly accounts for global warming, because the
>sun persistently shining down on a flat surface will cause more heating
>than shining on a curved surface (and don't buy that bit about 93
>million miles away and taking 8 minutes to reach us and other such
>gibberish). I also believe that pyromaniacal gremlins account for 99% of
>wildfires, the other 1% being caused by human spontaneous combustion and
>ephemeral spirits that masquerade as rats in hay stacks. Could you put
>in a good word for me there at Wilmington. I would certainly like to
>learn your student body a thing or two, preferably in one of your
>alchemy graduate programs. Many thanks.

Posted by: Monsoon at July 12, 2006 12:46 PM

I thought this nut was joe wilson and valrie clam all wrap up in one. the none none none.

Posted by: gene at July 13, 2006 4:39 PM

What percentage of adult men who wear beards and glasses are liberals? 98%? Every time I see a 1988 Volvo Wagon drive by with a Kerry/Edwards sticker it's driven by a 50-year old used up hippie with a beard and glasses. Kevin Barrett, do you drive a Volvo?

Posted by: ken at July 13, 2006 9:26 PM