« Penn and Coulter | Main | France's Collapse »

March 29, 2006

Three-Year-Old Brokeback Fan

I had never been able to grasp the appeal of Sarah Jessica Parker, until receiving this tip from William. It's not her looks people like, it's her vivid imagination. Here she is telling the story of how even her 3-year-old son loves Brokeback Mountain:

He said, "Mama I've been hearing a lot about a movie lately." I said, "What movie?" and he said "Brokeback Mountain. I've heard it's about two cowboys. I would like to watch it tonight." I didn't want to deny him, because I didn't want to set up some idea about what's bad, because of the subject matter. We live in New York City, we live in the West Village. So we found an 18 minute segment he could watch. The next day he hugged his nanny and he wouldn't let go and he said, "That is like the two cowboys in Brokeback Mountain!"

Mama must have picked an interesting 18-minute segment.

brokeback_mountain.jpg
Suitable for horny 3-year-olds.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 29, 2006 7:07 AM

Comments

Odd!!

Posted by: Carrie at March 29, 2006 10:50 AM

My nickname down at the Manhole is "Brokeback Scotty Mac"...clever, huh?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 29, 2006 10:57 AM

She is so full of crap out I can smell it here on Staten Island. Where the blazes does a three year old here about that movie, day care? Rosalita the undocumented nanny? Shennanigans!

Posted by: TC@LeatherPenguin at March 29, 2006 11:29 AM

She doesn't want to give her three year old the impression that the movie is "bad" because of subject matter. Oh, boy. That one just begs for a thorough fisking - I think you let her off way too lightly on this one, Van Helsing. It apparently never entered her mind that even a Barking Moonbat determined to promote anything, everything and the kitchen sink (so long as it isn't supported by Republicans and makes someone feel good momentarily) can, in fact, explain to a three year old that some movies are made for grown ups and some movies are made for kids, and this is a grownup movie that he can see when he gets older.

Posted by: The Random Yak at March 29, 2006 12:00 PM

Youve gotta be kidding... no 3 year old talks like that. If the kid was 13 years old, maybe. But 3??? No way.

Having the kid scream "I wanna see the fudgepacker cowboy now!!!!" would have been more realistic.

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at March 29, 2006 12:34 PM

Why wouldn't you be more concerned about YOUR kids getting wind of the Karl Rove/Gordon Guckert overnights in the White House, which after all are factual, as opposed to fictional?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 29, 2006 7:03 PM

Why wouldn't you be more concerned about YOUR kids getting diddled during overnights in my house?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 29, 2006 9:02 PM

I've often heard 3 year olds speak this way - NOT.

Are we supposed to believe that a 3 year old actually said this? More like SJP inventing it to ram her idiot opinions down our throats.

'See, you homophobic bigots, even my 3 year old knows better!'

Please!