« Shrillary's Stand on Illegal Immigration | Main | Postcards from Paris »

March 24, 2006

Christian Peacemaker Teams Display Moonbat Gratitude

Some good news from Iraq is that US-led forces freed three members of Christian Peacemaker Teams before their terrorist captors could do to them what they had already done to their colleague Tom Fox, who was tortured and murdered and dumped like garbage. Now for the bad news: the experience did nothing to mitigate the very moonbattery of this demented organization that caused its globetrotting flower children to get kidnapped in the first place.

According to British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, the rescue operation followed "weeks and weeks of very careful work by military coalition personnel in Iraq." That would be the very military personnel against whom CPT dispatches activists to Iraq to wage its propaganda war — personnel who will have to wait a lot longer for thanks than Fox's friends did to be saved.

CPT celebrated the rescue by releasing a statement that thanks their "Muslim brothers and sisters" for their "gracious outpouring of support." But it does not thank those who rescued the kidnapped moonbats — or even acknowledge that a rescue took place, saying only that they had "been freed safely."

Why would the troops expect thanks, when terrorist activity is actually their fault? CPT's statement explains:

We believe that the illegal occupation of Iraq by Multinational Forces is the root cause of the insecurity which led to this kidnapping and so much pain and suffering in Iraq.

In an appalling display of chutzpah, the useful idiots at CPT proceed to lecture the Coalition for supposedly illegal detentions:

We pray that Christians throughout the world will, in the same spirit [as the gracious Muslims], call for justice and for respect for the human rights of the thousands of Iraqis who are being detained illegally by the U.S. and British forces occupying Iraq.

A statement from captive James Loney's family not only does not acknowledge the rescue, it claims there wasn't one:

We have just learned that James is coming home. He has been released unharmed, with his companions Harmeet and Norman.

Released.

It's a relief that the three who were rescued didn't end up like Fox. But it would be more of a relief if it looked like something had been learned from this whole terrible episode.

With thanks to V the K, Byron, and The Corner.

Christian_Peacemaker_Teams_captives.jpg
Three lucky moonbats — and one not so lucky.

Update
CPT seems to be feeling some pressure. They've added an addendum at the bottom of their statement acknowledging their debt to the troops they've gone to such lengths to undermine.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 24, 2006 6:43 AM

Comments

CPT web-site now shows some thanks to the troops who did rescue their colleagues while giving thanks to there being no violence used in the rescue.

What is interesting is CPT is now protesting logging in Ontario Canada and busy in Arizona. Mission to Bosnia was only 1996. Their mission to Iraq started in 2002 and not back in 1990 which is very strange since they were formed in 1984. Which leads to one conclusion, they are not truly about Christ's mission.

Posted by: Anna at March 24, 2006 7:55 AM

The next time these fcktards are captured by Islamic thugs, let em rot.

Its pretty clear there is nothing Christian about Christian Peacemakers. They are a front for Marxist/Communist organizations that went underground ater the USSR collapsed. Their sole purpose is to destabilize the United States and offer support to its enemies, regardless of who they are or what they do.

The motives of these so-called "peace" groups are revealed when they protest only the United States, Britain or anyone else advocating freedom/democracy and capitalism. They rarely protest Communists, dictators and Radical Islamists. Even when they do, its very low key and just an attempt to appear balanced. 99% of their efforts are aimed at those trying to destroy evil.

The only reason there was no violence in their rescue was that their captors chickened out when they saw US/British troops moving in.

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at March 24, 2006 8:17 AM

Why should the "rescue troops" be fawned over just because they did their jobs and just did what they were supposed to do in the first place?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 9:51 AM

Intresting article that exposes the CPT mindset some more. And has a former hostage slapping them down.

And Moonunit Supreme, under that reasoning firefighters should not receive awards for heroism when running into flaming buildings to save people because it is their job.

Posted by: Anna at March 24, 2006 10:08 AM

Moonie, ya don't get it. We're not asking that they be fawned over. We're not asking that they be considered national heroes or be given a small boatload of medals. We're simply asking that the CPT dipshits have the common decency to thank their rescuers. Believe it or not, soldiers do actually like to be thanked every now and then for "just doing their job."

Posted by: Targetpractice, Worst of Both Worlds at March 24, 2006 10:33 AM

Moonbat is just "showing his support for the troops" just like murtha, pelosi, kerry, dean, et al....

Posted by: nikko at March 24, 2006 10:39 AM

Firefighters should not be respected for doing their jobs. Nor should police. Nor should teachers. Nor should anyone.

I stand for nothing. I believe in nothing. I think nothing. I like nothing. Well, maybe scanitly clad sailors in leather #ssless chaps spanking me with a cat-o-nine-tails...that's pretty hot, huh? Where are my benwah balls?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 10:49 AM

Moonbat,

Try to remember that it's these people who voluntarily put their lives on the line so you can be free to not only hold and speak your idiotic opinions, but also to disdain them and our country if you wish. I just hope you see the irony of that. But you're probably too busy being "enlightened".

Posted by: MG3 at March 24, 2006 11:06 AM

MoonBat Supreme: "I think nothing"...Ever so true!

Posted by: Bryherb at March 24, 2006 11:43 AM

Jacque Chirac stormed out of an EU Summit Session "deeply shocked" that a Frenchman would, sit down for this, dare to speak in the English language!

Posted by: Moonbat alert at March 24, 2006 12:14 PM

How would anyone here know that the hostages didn't actually thank the rescuers personally, themselves, once freed?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 2:54 PM

How would anyone here know that I love livestock...especially on cold nights by a warm fireplace, in a remote log cabin by a gurgling stream? Sheep don't snore as loud as goats do.

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 3:02 PM

I forgot to mention that both sheep and goats like benwah balls.

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 3:07 PM

Next time let these flower children earn a darwin award, let them die.

Posted by: Andre at March 24, 2006 7:00 PM

I think Moonbat Supreme is actually a conservative who likes to make leftists look like complete morons. Great gag M-Supreme, keep up the good work!

Posted by: anti-moonbat sumpremo at March 24, 2006 8:59 PM

Ask a wingbat moron a simple question, and.....

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 9:39 PM

...and get mad that he doesn't offer you his benwah balls!

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 24, 2006 9:59 PM

Hell, I pointed this out to assclowns months ago...

At least these CPT folks are willing to put their lives on the line for what they believe... more than any any of the regulars here can say...

And while we're at it, Anna, why don't you just inform us on what you think "Christ's mission" really is...

mojo sends

Posted by: vanmojo at March 25, 2006 10:33 AM

Hell, I was an assclown a month ago...still am.

I am not regular.

And while we're at it, Anna, perhaps you can tell me where my benwah balls are.

moron's end

Posted by: vanmojo at March 25, 2006 3:38 PM

No, I am not a conservative.

Over 82% of the public supports Charlie Sheen's stance on the 9/11 occurrences.

Who would WANT to be a conservative, anyway?

The worm has turned.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 25, 2006 9:25 PM

No, I am not a conservative. I frequent the Manhole, so I can't be.

Over 82% of the public liked Charlie Sheen in Wall Street, so they must believe his 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Who would WANT to be gagged with benwah balls anyway? Oh, wait...I would! Never mind.

My worm has turned.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 25, 2006 10:22 PM

The impeachment seems almost inevitable now.

Don't forget that Bunny Pants will be very happy to debate impeachment, rather than his imperialistic policies and capitalist perversions.

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 25, 2006 11:14 PM

Colon impactment seems almost inevitable now.

Don't forget that Crisco Pants will be very happy to debate KY or bareback, rather than other perversions.

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 25, 2006 11:16 PM

Either I have become chronically drunk, or much of this thread has become hopelessly insane.

Since I don't usually surf the net while intoxicated, the latter seems more likely.

Just goes to show you what happens when raging leftists gather together.

Absolute fuckwits, each and every one.

Posted by: HollywoodNeoCon at March 26, 2006 11:10 AM

Well, Hollywood, I think I've demonstrated what a rational, normal American sounds like, and I would think that you've shown the world how white trash looks, sounds, and talks, when the stagger out of their trailers into the bright light of day, so wouldn't you say we've both done a fair day's work?

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 26, 2006 11:45 PM

Sorry, but I'm too wealthy to understand your bullshit.

Come again?

Posted by: HollywoodNeoCon at March 27, 2006 1:19 AM

Capitalism ROCKS!

Posted by: HollywoodNeoCon at March 27, 2006 1:20 AM

We'll see how much you like capitalism when you are HAULING rocks, Hollywood!

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 27, 2006 8:13 AM

We'll see how much you like capitalism when you are HAULING ass to escape my benwah balls and #ssless chaps, Hollywood! ** CRACK **!

Posted by: moonbat supreme at March 27, 2006 9:09 AM

No thanks, fucktard.

I don't dig bus station hook-ups, so I doubt I'll ever run into you.

Posted by: HollywoodNeoCon at March 27, 2006 1:15 PM

While I can't speak for those frieds of mine who were recently released, I was in Iraq with CPT last September just before their captivity.

A couple of corrections:

1. They were kidnapped (and Tom Fox murdered) by a "previously unknown" group.

2. When found, the same as with Jill Carroll, there were no kidnappers caught.

Kind of strange, don't you think? Iraqis like having humanitarian and news organizations in their country working to get the word about the situation there (and conditions in the prisons) to the outside world. Who benefits (other than the regular thugs holding people for ransom) by kidnapping humanitarian workers and the media?

Charlie Jackson