« Activists Oppose Controlling New Jersey Bear Population | Main | Your Tax Dollar at Work at CUNY »

December 05, 2005

Jean François Déjà Vu

Reminding us yet again how lucky we are that George W. Bush is President, John Kerry reverted to classic form on Face the Nation yesterday. Here's what he told Bob Schieffer about our troops in Iraq (PDF transcript):

[T]here is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not... Iraqis should be doing that.

No, Jean François, no one should be going into homes in the dead of night, terrorizing "kids and children." Fortunately I really doubt anyone is, at least not on behalf of democratic Iraq — although it has been done on behalf of totalitarian Cuba:

elian_gonzalez.jpg

If Kerry's unsubstantiated allegations of barbaric behavior on the part of American troops currently under fire gave you a sense of déjà vu, maybe it reminded you of when he said this about our troops in Vietnam:

They told the stories of times that they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in the fashion reminiscent of Jen-giss [sic] Khan, not isolated incidents, but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with a full awareness of officers at all levels of command.

After having stated these vicious if cartoonishly overblown lies for the public record before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on April 22, 1971, Kerry eventually went on to run for President. Appallingly, many people actually voted for him.

Posted by Van Helsing at December 5, 2005 08:51 PM

Comments

"...cartoonishly overblown lies..."? C'mon, VH, cut Kerry some slack, wouldja. After all, he's a United States Senator. Show some respect.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at December 5, 2005 09:41 PM

NOT.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at December 5, 2005 09:43 PM

No low is Too low..........Johnny Four Months is a great fundraising tool for.......the GOP

Posted by: Billy Budd at December 5, 2005 10:08 PM

(shakes head) The Democrats actually *nominated* this guy?

/standard response to seeing Kerry, hearing Kerry, any mention of Kerry

Posted by: prince of leaves at December 5, 2005 11:24 PM

Not to take Querrie's side on anything else, you know, but "Jengiss" is actually the preferred pronunciantion in my dictionary. (American Heritage, Third Edition.)

Posted by: Cato the Elder at December 6, 2005 11:20 AM

Whoever transcribed the Kerry quote was making fun of the way he pronounced it with a soft g. The reason it's spelled Genghis instead of Gengis is to make the second g hard. They probably should have written it Jen-jiss to get the point across better.

Posted by: Van Helsing at December 6, 2005 11:53 AM

Show Kerry some respect when he calls our President a liar? When he sabotages US foreign policy?

He should get the respect that he's earned...zip!

Posted by: Freedom Now at December 6, 2005 09:14 PM

Have you heard the Eminem song that has a line such as this:? You make me f-g sick to my stomach, everytime I think of you I PUKE.

I don't think I can say that I have ever really hated anyone but John Kerry (I dislike Ted) but I HATE KERRY. He is such a pompous ass-hat.

Posted by: Pam in Fresno at December 17, 2005 12:54 PM