April 7, 2011
Illegal Immigrants Make Heavy Use of Welfare Programs
Posted by Dave Blount at April 7, 2011 7:07 AM
The one nice thing about the illegal aliens Big Government deliberately allows to swamp our country is that until pernicious politicians like Obama and McCain manage to ram another amnesty through, they can't collect welfare because they aren't US citizens. Or maybe I'm wrong:
Census Bureau data show that the share of immigrant-headed households (legal and illegal) with children (under age 18) using at least one welfare program continues to be very high both in Texas and the nation as a whole. This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes.
Surprise: when Mexico flushes its dregs across our undefended border, there aren't many engineers to be found among the gangbangers, drug dealers, and unemployed dishwashers.
A report entitled "Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children: A Look at Cash, Medicaid, Housing, and Food Programs" is available at the Center for Immigration Studies. Among its horrific revelations:
• In 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program….
• Immigrant households' use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid.
• A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.
• Immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, even before the current recession.
One clue that what is happening to us is not immigration but colonization is that a large percentage of the unassimilating invaders come from one place: Mexico. Of households with children headed by colonists from Mexico, 75% collect welfare benefits.
Good news for a certain political party — these Undocumented Democrats will stay dependent on the public teat indefinitely:
• Welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents. In 2009, 60 percent of households with children headed by an immigrant who arrived in 2000 or later used at least one welfare program; for households headed by immigrants who arrived before 2000 it was 55 percent.
As for the assumption that illegals aren't collecting welfare:
Although most new legal immigrants are barred from using some welfare for the first five years, this provision has only a modest impact on household use rates because most immigrants have been in the United States for longer than five years; the ban only applies to some programs; some states provide welfare to new immigrants with their own money; by becoming citizens immigrants become eligible for all welfare programs; and perhaps most importantly, the U.S.-born children of immigrants (including those born to illegal immigrants) are automatically awarded American citizenship and are therefore eligible for all welfare programs at birth.
Then of course there is the fraud that conspicuously characterizes all programs involving slow-witted bureaucrats handing out other people's money.
Illegal aliens are actually even more likely to collect welfare than the legal kind:
• We estimate that 52 percent of households with children headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2009, compared to 71 percent for illegal immigrant households with children.
In the most appalling act of institutional treason history has ever witnessed, our rulers are actually paying foreigners to invade our territory and colonize America out of existence, with the goal of replacing it with a Third World hellhole that will gladly submit to socialism. For those responsible, it would be hard to imagine a punishment too harsh to be just.
On a tip from Oiao.