November 23, 2010
Ten Things You Need to Know About DREAM Act Amnesty
Posted by Dave Blount at November 23, 2010 9:55 AM
Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) lists 10 things you probably won't learn from Katie Cupcake and friends regarding the nightmare known as the DREAM Act, which the lame duck Democrat Congress plans to ram through in the interests of creating more voters of the socialist persuasion in time for 2012:
1. The DREAM Act is NOT limited to children, and it will be funded on the backs of hard working, law-abiding Americans.
2. The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, including criminals, from being removed or deported if they simply submit an application.
3. Certain criminal aliens will be eligible for amnesty under the DREAM Act.
4. Estimates suggest that at least 2.1 million illegal aliens will be eligible for the DREAM Act amnesty. In reality, we have no idea how many illegal aliens will apply.
5. Illegal aliens will get in-state tuition benefits.
6. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien finish any type of degree (vocational, two-year, or bachelor's degree) as a condition of amnesty.
7. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and there is already a legal process in place for illegal aliens to obtain U.S. citizenship through military service.
8. Despite their current illegal status, DREAM Act aliens will be given all the rights that legal immigrants receive — including the legal right to sponsor their parents and extended family members for immigration.
9. Current illegal aliens will get federal student loans, federal work study programs, and other forms of federal financial aid.
10. DHS is prohibited from using the information provided by illegal aliens whose DREAM Act amnesty applications are denied to initiate their removal proceedings or investigate or prosecute fraud in the application process.
For details on each point, see the Center for Individual Freedom.
The Dems in Congress didn't give a hoot about our interests before we voted them out of office, why would they suddenly become responsive to their constituents now? This might be a good time to start learning Spanish.
On a tip from Rich.