« Today's Public School Lesson: Heroism = Villainy | Main | Big Bird Takes on Bride of The One »

October 12, 2009

Steve Wynn Schools Michigan's Obamunist Governor

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at October 12, 2009 4:08 PM

Steve Wynn is a businessman who provides employment to more than 20,000 people. His point was that the focus of government in a recession should be to help the private sector create jobs; ideally by lowering taxes and getting out of the way.

Jennifer Granholm answers him by praising the glories of Big Government; like the minimum wage increases that have led to today's depression-scale 25% youth unemployment rate. Granholm is a prototype Obamunist who has presided over the loss of over 600,000 jobs during her tenure as Michigan's governor. She has promised 40,000 new government-subsidized green jobs in the next ten years. I guess that balances out if you use liberal math (or liberal amounts of meth). Oh, and a few years ago, Jenny requested a "one-time" tax increase to balance the budget. Guess what? She's asking for tax increases again.

As a reminder, here are some of Granholm's voting base banging on the doors for a free handout from the government.

I disagree with Wynn about one thing; government has, in fact, improved people's standards of living. John Murtha and his thieving relatives, Kwame Kilpatrick and his family, Al Gore, Tim Geithner's Bailout Buddies at Goldman-Sachs, and the parasites at ACORN are but a few of those living large because of government spending.

Comments

This was an awesome video. Thanks for posting it!

I'm a long suffering resident of Granholm's socialist "paradise", and I was cheering for Wynn and cursing Granholm the whole interview.

Her "math" comes as no surprise to me. This is the same idiot that used taxpayer money to BRAG on the radio here that she brought a whopping 500 jobs to Michigan, in the same year we LOST 40,000 jobs! She spent a cool million taxpayer dollars to produce a video she forced every state employee to watch, bragging about how great she was when she first took office.

She raised our personal and business taxes, then goes on the air and lectures about how "gubmint" should "take care" of us. Wynn stuffed her with his comments about creating jobs. This is something this blond-haired imbecilic Canadian Obama clone would know NOTHING about.

She has virtually destroyed small business in this state. Her first year in office, she ushered in a whole series of draconian new licensing requirements for everything from make-up ladies in Department stores, to fence and alarm installers. She has killed every attempt to create anything but government and union jobs.

Granholm SUCKS, and the media here just keeps covering for her. I hope there is a special spot reserved in hell for this insufferable twat!

Posted by: Snowdog99 at October 12, 2009 4:37 PM

I hear you, snowdogg. I left Michigan after college because there were simply no opportunities there, but I have plenty of family left in the UAW-run socialist paradise.

Posted by: V the K at October 12, 2009 4:44 PM

Remember the sulfuric love that the left lavished on Sarah Palin (and still does) I think it's our turn to lavish the same onto Granholm. If it feels good to do, DO IT!

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 5:29 PM

Does anybody know about Wynn's possibilities as a political player? Is he dirty? He's a proven leader and builder.

Posted by: Air2air at October 12, 2009 5:41 PM

Wynn made her look like an absolute idiot. Nuff said.

Posted by: obamasux at October 12, 2009 5:59 PM

I saw some of that. I wanted to throw my shoe at that dyke bitch, but I live in FL and don't wear shoes.

Posted by: man of few words at October 12, 2009 6:24 PM

I was just at Rush's site reading the transcripts
from callers about Michigan.

Jennay lost one MILLION jobs for us since she's
been gov.

STOP VOTING LIKE IDOTS, LIBTARDS!!

Posted by: 3bus at October 12, 2009 6:30 PM

Don't criticize Granholm; she is every bit as American as Obama.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 12, 2009 6:37 PM

Grandholm's stupidity is tempered not a wit by her clever, school-marmish look.

You can put lipstick on a dipstick, but it's still a dipstick.

Posted by: pomalom at October 12, 2009 6:47 PM

Don't you Nazi racist RethugliKKKans see?

Posted by: Meh at October 12, 2009 7:43 PM

Liberals are the suck.

Posted by: bustoff at October 12, 2009 7:44 PM

I don't think I've ever heard Steve Wynn speak at length before. He's bright, articulate, and it comes through in his words that he knows how business works. He knows how the economy works. He knows how insurance works. He's done all of that. He made his fortune building large resorts in Nevada, so I'd bet (ha!) that he sure as hell knows how government works. He's seen the regulations for the sake of it, the make-work bureaucrat jobs for the connected few, and the bottomless pit of public spending. He's had rent-seeking bureaucrats standing in his way, refusing to grant a permit for this, or a license for that, unless the "right" people get a piece of the action. His is the voice of practical experience. Granholm's is the voice of ivory-tower social-engineering theories, which look wonderful on paper but either haven't been tested in the real world, or worse yet, have been and failed.

He also makes the point that few people, especially on the left, seem to understand: all that government money has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is private enterprise. Without that, there is no tax revenue, and without that no lefty feel-good programs. This is a point that those of us that do understand need to hammer home as much as possible, so people that specialize in spending or receiving other people's money understand where that "free" money came from. Not that I'm holding my breath on the entitlement attitude changing anytime soon, but you can always hope.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at October 12, 2009 8:33 PM

The youth unemployment rate is 52%, the numbers quoted being transposed.

Posted by: TimK at October 12, 2009 9:27 PM

Granholm wanted to pass a bill that would raise taxes - punish - companies that had corporate head quarters in Michigan but had put manufacturing elsewhere. Her "complex" mind told her that the incentive would be for companies to move manufacturing to Michigan.

My 2-digit IQ tells me that it would be easier to move my HQ out of Michigan and screw Granholm.

She's put on a clinic on how to increase poverty and misery. Detroit is a dangerous ghost town. The Pistons are the only, part time, residents of Pontiac. All the productive people have left, except those that couldn't sell their homes or are retired. Let's face it, given the remaining populace, she has a job for life.

Posted by: TimK at October 12, 2009 9:37 PM

Michigan is being driven into ruin by a idiot tax and spend liberal demacRAT he certianly deserves to be booted out next year

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at October 12, 2009 11:45 PM

Every major city run by LIBS is left a lifeless, smoking crater. Here in California we've lost our natural momentum from the unnatural intervention of the loonie left. Our "Republican" Governor has the same effect since he's a sheep in sheep's clothing. He wakes up next to his boss every day and carries her purse around for her all day long.

Posted by: Dansak at October 13, 2009 12:58 AM

Posted by: Dansak at October 13, 2009 12:58 AM

I hear ya, fellow Kommifornian. Today Ah-nold signed a bill imposing a draconian set of restrictions on handgun ammunition purchases.

I actually sent him an email through his website this evening. I closed it with, "Whose side are you on, Governor?"

Posted by: Cylar at October 13, 2009 1:52 AM

"Don't you Nazi racist RethugliKKKans see?

The 1 million jobs lost in Michigan were tedious manual labor type jobs. The 40,000 the beautiful and talented Ms. Granholm promises are like being the pilot of a hovercraft powered by the laughter of children that takes you to a special island where pink unicorns pee cherry soda for free and we'll all get paid as much as the CEO of the big evil corporations."

Meh, I laughed so hard at that :D

I so wish it weren't true, but well done.

Posted by: 3bus at October 13, 2009 4:35 AM

As idiotic as Granholm is, there is still a large contingency of viewers that are listening to what she's saying and nodding their cretinous heads mumbling, "That's right Jenny. You stick it to those evil businesses. You CARE about us, they don't."

Posted by: Judith M. at October 13, 2009 4:36 AM

Thank g-d for term limits. Jenny is out of office next year. Then zero will "promote" her to a higher job exposing the nation to her brand of pain.

Posted by: jj at October 13, 2009 10:41 AM

I like how she disagrees with Wynn, then changes topics and sites examples that have nothing to do with his statement. Pure political BS.

Posted by: Bram at October 13, 2009 11:37 AM

Jezebel Granholm has been an unmitigated disaster for Michigan. She's term limited next year, so there WILL be a new Governor. I just hope it's not another moonbat. Jezebel can go back to Canuckistan. where she belongs.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at October 13, 2009 6:58 PM