« Open Thread | Main | Grim RINO Tales: GOP Muster for an Epic Failure in New York State's 23rd »

October 9, 2009

More on the Nobel Ridiculousness

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at October 9, 2009 12:56 PM

Even liberal Peter Beinert is flabbergasted that the Yasser Arafat Peace Prize went to a man who has actually accomplished nothing.

I like Barack Obama as much as the next liberal, but this is a farce. He’s done nothing to deserve the prize. Sure, he’s given some lovely speeches and launched some initiatives—on Iran, Israeli-Palestinian peace, climate change and nuclear disarmament—that might, if he’s really lucky and really good, make the world a more safe, more just, more peaceful world. But there’s absolutely no way to know if he’ll succeed, and by giving him the Nobel Prize as a kind of “atta boy,” the Nobel Committee is actually just highlighting the gap that conservatives have long highlighted: between Obamamania as global hype and Obama’s actual accomplishments.

There is a comic side to this, because the award of this prize to Obama is so absurd as to be surreal. There is a tragic side, too, because the new Nobel Laureate has sided with the butchers of Teheran against their own people; has sided with Marxist dictators over the free people of Honduras; has sided with the butchers of Beijing against the Dalai Lama; and is apparently comfortable with letting the butchers of the Taliban govern Afghanistan. On the other hand, dead people tend to be very peaceful, so there is a certain sick logic in giving a peace prize to a man who, when given the choice, invariably sides with murderous tyrants.

Back to the comic side, Mr. Right at Obamanation was kind enough follow up with my earlier Photoshop request.

ObamaVanilli.gif.png

obamatour.jpg
Obama has also been named the winner of the 2010 Tour de France because according to officials, "he could win if he wanted to."

Blogger-who's-way-funnier-than-I-am Jim Treacher, adds, "Obama also won the Nobel Prize in Medicine for his groundbreaking work in preventing unneeded amputations and tonsillectomies."

Comments

Posted by: Rob Banks at October 9, 2009 1:15 PM

"has sided with the butchers of Teheran against their own people; has sided with Marxist dictators over the free people of Honduras; has sided with the butchers of Beijing against the Dalai Lama....."

As my old mate, Tacitus, used to say when he called round for a chat, "Where they make a desert, they call it peace.

Posted by: Jim at October 9, 2009 1:43 PM

Dear Kim Jong Il: there's always next year.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 9, 2009 1:55 PM

Is it too late to give the award to Neville Chamberlain?

Posted by: YANKEE at October 9, 2009 2:00 PM

Nominations for the Nobel Prize had to be submitted from September 2008 and no latter than the 1st of February 2009. This guy was nominated for his work as President before or only just within days of becoming President.

What a complete joke.

Posted by: Kevin R. at October 9, 2009 2:02 PM

The Nobel organization is such a joke of a front for the Masonic elite. Obama is merely the puppet du jour.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 9, 2009 2:13 PM

Priceless pix GoY, priceless video Rob!

Posted by: pomalom at October 9, 2009 2:15 PM

Nobel peace prize going to tweedle dee and tweedle dum

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at October 9, 2009 2:16 PM

I found this comment in a Venezuelan newspaper, I've translated it as best I can:

"Por jesus carrasquero
09.10.2009
2:07 PM

Mr. Obama, what else could we have hoped for? You've demonstrated that you are a peaceful person, by permitting so much world tragedy, its no secret that the existing situation in our hemisphere, where savage communism masacre peoples and communities, with the help of organisms void of all human rights, these exterior forces that pervert the good institutional order and submit children to strange doctrines were they are seeded with an amorphous love for an nonexistent revolution; its the everyday distortion of these defenseless nations against an oppresor that not only devalues their own nation but also kills it; enjoy your good prize, enjoy with happiness, as I have no doubt that you deserve it, but know that this prize has cost many lives....."

Posted by: Pete at October 9, 2009 2:21 PM

I hear that FOX News is a gory mess from all the heads exploding. Oh, wait, that's just my underwear.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 2:38 PM

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 2:38 PM

Another moderated editing. Real class as well as an indication of why you guys have bottomed out in realistic dialog.

It's one thing when any troll can pretend to be anyone. It's another thing when the administration of a blog changes the wording. But we all know, credibility isn't the long suit of the unhinged. As I demonstrate every time I post

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 3:04 PM

Breaking news: Barack Obama has been awarded the Noble Prize for Physics for his lead in the efforts to advance Irans nuclear weapons progam.

Posted by: Tom at October 9, 2009 3:06 PM

Andy's such a drama queen. It's not as if anyone would have mistaken a lame slam on FoxNews for thoughtful commentary, even without the underwear comment.

Posted by: V the K at October 9, 2009 4:10 PM

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 3:04 PM

Fuck off you bumbling idiot.

Who wants to have dialog with a liberal idiot pussy like you?

You have no credibility as well, dip shit.

YO MAMA.............

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
FAG!

Posted by: Dave at October 9, 2009 4:40 PM

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 3:04 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....

MOMMY!!! SOMEONE KEEPS MESSING WITH MY STUPID DIP SHIT LIBERAL POSTS!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Posted by: Dave at October 9, 2009 4:51 PM

This is the truth: I first read the Peace Prize story on this site, thought it was a joke, read it twice more, then checked some news sites. When I realized it was true, I told my husband who said, "Someone's pulling your leg". He was so certain it was a joke that he made me doubt the story all over again.

I can't recall ever having this degree of skepticism about a news story that turned out to be true. Very strange.

Posted by: Brenda at October 9, 2009 5:03 PM

Okay...you have to come over and see what TFMo came up with...fell free to steal!
www.christmasghost.com

Posted by: christmasghost at October 9, 2009 5:16 PM

Obama ought to bomb the shit out of Norway tomorrow. Now that would be funny!

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 9, 2009 5:49 PM

Aside from my satire VK, considering how I've repeatedly shot down your lunacy, it's disturbing that the editing is the best you can do. But realistically, that is indeed the best you can do.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 6:42 PM

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 6:42 PM

...........WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

MOMMY!!!!!! V the K IS ALTERING MY DIPSHIT RETARDED SOCIALIST BULLSHIT POSTS!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Posted by: Dave at October 9, 2009 6:49 PM

"....the Nobel Committee is actually just highlighting the gap that conservatives have long highlighted: between Obamamania as global hype and Obama’s actual accomplishments."

AMEN.

Posted by: Jenn of the Jungle at October 9, 2009 7:00 PM

Posted by: dandy andy42302 at October 9, 2009 3:04 PM- "...you guys have bottomed out"

Sounds right up your alley. So to speak.

Posted by: chairman soetoro's oprichniki at October 9, 2009 7:24 PM

Candy andy the desperate socialist can dish it out but that sissy can't take it.

Post somewhere else LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!

wwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

LOL!

I kill my self some times.

Posted by: Dave at October 9, 2009 7:46 PM

Andy, it doesn't take a moderator to impersonate you. Anyone can do it. And no, I'm not V the K.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 9, 2009 7:50 PM

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why would you want to impersonate such an idiot?
It is funny how you got him a squirmin', however.

Posted by: Dave at October 9, 2009 7:53 PM

Much as I hate to use a tired cliche, I'm afraid Andy really does suffer from delusions of adequacy.

Posted by: V the K at October 9, 2009 7:57 PM

Believe it or not the Nobel Peace Prize is not the only award Obama has won. Photoshop Fun!

Posted by: Awaken The Sleeping Giant at October 9, 2009 9:02 PM

I would certianly like to see him catch his front wheel in a sewer grating or slip on fresh horsie poo

Posted by: Flu-Bird at October 9, 2009 9:12 PM

MLB just announced that he'll be getting the Cy Young Award this month...for both leagues! And, rumor has it that NASCAR is going to give him the Cup this year. You know, 'cause he's like a good talker, and stuff.

Posted by: SK at October 9, 2009 10:09 PM

Andy just suffers from being a self-righteous pansy.

Posted by: SK at October 9, 2009 10:12 PM

RE: Posted by: SK at October 9, 2009 10:09 PM

I hear he won the Unlimited Breitling Gold Class at the Reno Air Races this yaer, too.....

.....sorry - my mistake - that was Michelle "Strega" Obama on her broom...

Posted by: TonyD95B at October 9, 2009 10:18 PM

this just in - based on his ability to ride a bike, Obama declared winner of the 2010 Tour de France

Posted by: blue at October 10, 2009 12:14 AM

Per another thread, Andy sees nothing wrong with child molestation.

'Nuff said.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 10, 2009 11:20 AM

And he saved or created 4,000,000 new jobs. well mostly saved, well if you count like all the job that were going to be lost anyway has being saved then yes some where around 4,000,000 jobs.

Posted by: Gwillie at October 10, 2009 12:08 PM

Jay, at the risk of my response getting manipulated by the moderators, wtf are you talking about? Per another thread? Most of us haven't gotten completely thru the entire world wide web yet so being a bit more specific might give you some credibility. Not that credibility here is ever part of any equation.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 10, 2009 12:19 PM

Jay, just to point out (and I know you already know) that anyone can post anything under anyone's name. I found your "per another thread" comment and left the below message there.
Andy

Jay, I just caught your comment from another thread and deduced that it must be linked to this one. The comment you're referencing is not from me. In this case, it's not my name nor is it linked to my url. There have been many post here where some stalker has entered my name and url in order to create a post as me. Recently, the moderator(s) have even edited my post in order to create a new meaning. I've even had post deleted. Surely, you understand that I have no control over this.
Historically, I've always posted under 1 name, 1 ISO, and have had the decency to face a challenge head on. It amazes me how cowardly Moonbattery.com has become.

Posted by: V the K at October 10, 2009 2:30 PM

Reposted from other thread:

My apologies, Andy (although I stand by the sentiment I expressed, although I misdirected it). I thought that was you, and was both surprised and disappointed.

Again, my apologies.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 10, 2009 3:17 PM

Andy still doesn't understand that the moderators never CHANGE his posts, certain individuals PARODY his posts. You're dealing with pranksters Andy, not the thought police.

Posted by: Judith M. at October 10, 2009 3:40 PM

Thank you Jay for acknowledging that.

Judith, I understand how any troll can create a post under anyone's name. But if you read this post right after I post it and it reads differently an hour later,(and that has been the case lately) it's not rocket science to determine that a moderator made those changes.
This is no big deal to me as I understand I'll never win an argument here regardless of what facts, links, or rationale I present. I realize that any and all of those will either be dismissed or drown out by trolls creating their own arguments out of thin air. It's just that historically, Moonbattery hasn't had to resort to such blatant and cowardly tactics. If the accusations made by Moonbattery had credibility and you could give constructive rebuttals, such asinine and childish defense on their behalf wouldn't be needed.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 10, 2009 4:21 PM

I like teh cawk.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 10, 2009 4:37 PM

I've never noticed any of your posts changing Andy. In fact, you'd have to take a screen shot of that before and after for me to believe that is happening, because the leftist posts never seem to change from what I've seen.

Furthermore, there are plenty of sound rebuttals to your arguments, Andy. The parodies of your responses are clearly intended to put you off your game, and you know what? They seem to work.

Posted by: Judith M. at October 10, 2009 5:10 PM

I'm just a paranoid twat.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 10, 2009 9:04 PM