« Artificial Breasts for Transsexuals on Someone Else's Dime May Be a Human Right | Main | Gas From Shale Would Solve Energy Problems »

October 12, 2009

Democrat Congressman Calls Disabled Marine "White Trash"

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at October 12, 2009 8:59 AM

Welcome to the new age of Democrat civility. We have Democrat Senator Barbara Boxer comparing Republicans to the Taliban. We have Democrat Congressman Alan "Dick" Grayson comparing Republicans to Nazis. We have Democrat Congressman Brian Baird calling Tea-Party Patriots "brownshirts." We have the Democrat House Leadership calling critics of their Health Care Program "Un-American."

Add to this hall of shame Democrat Congressman Dennis Moore, (D-KS), who referred to his Republic challenger --- a Marine Veteran who lost his leg to an IED in Iraq --- as "white trash."

Speaking to a respected Hispanic leader in KCK, Dennis Moore reportedly called decorated and disabled Marine Veteran and Congressional Opponent “White Trash” in a recent (recorded) telephone conversation. The KCK leader, who has formally supported the incumbent congressman, is supporting Daniel Gilyeat’s candidacy for the Kansas 3rd District Congressional seat. Dennis Moore called the KCK man after hearing the Hispanic community leader’s support had changed.

Stay classy, Democrat Party.

Hat Tip: LGF2

Comments

I hope that soundbyte is played over and over during the campaign. Hopefully the voters of Kansas will see Moore for what he is and reject his disgusting blend of moonbattery.

Posted by: Anonymous Countermoonbat at October 12, 2009 9:10 AM

I pray for that sound bite to be heard all over the internet. The Democrats have lowered the bar so much there's no effort in stepping it.

Posted by: Jay B. at October 12, 2009 9:12 AM

Mother bleeping son of a bleep. He can kiss my mother bleeping bleep. Bleep him.

Posted by: Jenn of the Jungle at October 12, 2009 9:21 AM

As a Kansan and a voter in Kansas I feel it is my solemn duty to state that he represents a narrow area of Kansas (geographically). To understand how this schmuck ended up in power you need to get the political makeup of KS, a sizable portion (1/4 - little under 1/2) live in the NE corner, Topeka, Overland Park, KC, Olathe, Johnson County. This section of the state is under 10% of the state geographically and about 70% of the power politically. They are also fairly liberal and highly confused (Westboro Baptist anybody, Sebelius , etc). Moore reps this area, think Berkely with clean air. The other 3/4 of the state think he is a joke.
This statement will probably get him reelected considering the type of people in his district.

Posted by: Frank W at October 12, 2009 9:23 AM

The same site that showed concentration camp mass graves and wrote a SERIOUS "piece" about America having Stalin-era death camps if Obama was elected.

Now moonbattery - friggin moonbattery - has the temerity to write about civility? Come on now!

And before you say "well. we're just a blog!", remember that you're a schill for the party that attacked the patriotism of CAm Cleeland - saying HE was as bad as the Bin Laden. YOu guys have long supported the notion that service is only to be honored once political affiliation is factored in, so spare me the histrionics re: that topic.

Posted by: brs at October 12, 2009 9:34 AM

Ah, the super-sophisticated, leftist "You did it first, poopie-pants" defense.

Posted by: V the K at October 12, 2009 9:40 AM

Much like the Bush=chimpyMcHitlerHalliburton or the "wanted-dead" poster of Bush? You had no problems with those either? Typical...

Posted by: UpNOrth at October 12, 2009 9:40 AM

The self-proclaimed Party of Tolerance is at it again. Remember when a pro-Obamacare protester bit the finger off of an anti-Obamacare townhaller? The DEMONcrats are the most intolerant group of people. On the higherarchy of hategroups they are right ABOVE militant Islam.
I hope they all end up in the Eighth Circle of Hell.
-Dante

Posted by: Dante at October 12, 2009 9:45 AM

I second Frank W's statements. I am also a Kansan (North Central) and think Moore is a joke. I have given contributions to his opposition before this - will do so again. Moore is an idiot and needs to be voted out!

Posted by: Bruce L at October 12, 2009 9:46 AM

Dennis Moore said he had $7 million for the campaign and could not believe the naturalized citizen was supporting “White Trash” over Moore.

"Now you listen, y'all--Blacks, Latinos, Jews, everybody. You stay on my plantation forever, and that means forever, you hear? FOR-E-VER, giving the Dem party your vote no matter how many times it screws y'all! And don't even THINK about running away! You're mine by right from the baby's cot to the dead man's tombstone. Is that clear?"

Not fit for our votes, and not worthy to lick slime off any trooper's boots.

Posted by: Conservigilant at October 12, 2009 9:54 AM

I guess you weren't paying atention when Rush said that he has the same goals as the Taliban (Obama's failure)? Is he not the spiritual leader of your ship of fools?

Pot, meet kettle... the GOP is far and away the king of ad hominem smears. Just because we are learning how to do the same, NOW you want civility?

Not gonna happen.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 12, 2009 10:01 AM

"Ah, the super-sophisticated, leftist "You did it first, poopie-pants" defense."

Nahhh. No one should be doing this, and I'm not a dem. Besides, this is the number one objection of all politicio/extremists, (YOU do it too, so now it's OK for us, even though we complained about it at the time)

I just think a site that's little else than a Nazi:Dem comparitor should probably not complain about civility. There's plenty else to write about without being a soul-less hippocrite.

Posted by: brs at October 12, 2009 10:06 AM

"So, BRS, I take your screed to mean that YOU have no problem with the views stated by this person? Reads that way to me. "

IF it's true, it's racist and he should step down immediately, of course.

But my point is that when you're whole schtick is saying that the other side is like Nazis, how do you find the gall to cry about Grayson et al.?

BTW, What Grayson said was out of line (unless he said it to Dems as well, because THEY are the ones holding things up), but when did he mention Nazis? And Pelosi said shouting down people at meeitngs was un-American, not the people.

So now, Gregory of Yardale, not only are you a hippocrite, but you need to lie to make your point.

Why is that? Why not just tell the truth about what these people said?

Posted by: brs at October 12, 2009 10:17 AM

Forget the trolls. May I please make an appeal here, which is only tangentially on-topic?

Are you sick to death of RINO's? We have a special election to fill McHugh's seat on 11/2. The GOP, in a smoke-filled back room somewhere, decided by committee to put one Dede Scozzafava on the Repub ticket. She is Nancy Pelosi with an R behind her name. She's for gay marriage, card check, bailout, porkulus, taxes, and the kicker: She's been endorsed by ACORN.

Doug Hoffman is running on the Conservative line, as a real conservative. He's against higher taxes, the tax-and-kill debacle, Obamascare, and he's a BUSINESSMAN. He thinks like we do.

The race is a three-way statistical tie between him, Dede and the Dem, with a full 45% undecided. Would you consider going to DougHoffmanforCongress.com and tossing a few bucks his way? This is one way we can do SOMETHING before 2010. Thanks for reading through, if you did.

Posted by: Karin at October 12, 2009 10:21 AM

brs (born really stupid?):

Now listen you queer, stop calling me a crypto-nazi. Or I'll sock you in the goddam face and you'll stay plastered.

Posted by: William Fiberal Buckley at October 12, 2009 10:25 AM

I'm no Democrat, but in the interest of accuracy, here's the words of Barbara Boxer:
"Well I was looking at the various reactions, fortunately some republicans said some nice things but, the head of the Republican National Committee was very very harsh as you pointed out, so the Taliban were very very harsh to, and uh,......."I'm just telling you, I was looking at all the reactions: the ones that were negative today, that I was not surprised were negative, were the Taliban and Hamas, and then I was very surprised that Michael Steele, uh from the Republican National Committee would also be harsh. But there were other Republicans who were really nice about it....."

And here is the words of Alan Grayson:

"44,789 Americans die every year because they have no health insurance. That's right, 44,789 Americans die every year, according to this Harvard study called Health Insurance Mortality in the U.S....That is more than 10 times the number of Americans who've died in Iraq. Its more than 10 times the number of Americans who die in 9/11. But that was just once. This is every single year.....I call upon the Democratic members of the House. I call upon the Republican members of the House. I call upon all of us to do our job for the sake of America, for the sake of those dying people and their families. I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven't voted sooner to end this holocaust in America...."

I may not agree with their opinions, but Boxer did not compare Republicans to the Taliban. Neither did Grayson compare Republicans to Nazis.

Gregory of Yardale = The Keith Olbermann of Moonbattery.com

Posted by: Rudy at October 12, 2009 10:26 AM

And here is the words of Alan Grayson:

Gregory of Yardale = The Keith Olbermann of Moonbattery.com

Posted by: Rudy at October 12, 2009 10:27 AM

It's all part of implementing a Progressive (i.e., communist) agenda. Look here: http://www.commieblaster.com/misinformation/index.html

Posted by: Commie Blaster at October 12, 2009 10:27 AM

Grayson said the health care system in America was a "Holocaust," and was forced to apologize to the Anti-Defamation League for the remark. He was not called upon by the House leadership to apologize for claiming that Republicans wanted the sick to "die quickly." Other examples of his elevated level discourse include referring to Republicans as "knuckle-dragging Neanderthals".

Posted by: V the K at October 12, 2009 10:28 AM

but that's all us military folks are... isn't it??

I mean, we're all low IQ, white, trailer trash, Johnny Sixpacks who couldn't hold a 'real' job so we joined the military. That way, instead of getting arrested for beating our wives we can instead beat, rape, and torture foreigners.

Yeah. Sure. Wanna put your college degrees up against ours asshats?!

Well, the good part of this is that they feel emboldened to show their true colors now. I think America is going to award disticks like this appropriately at voting time.

Posted by: chuck in st paul at October 12, 2009 10:28 AM

I'm so tired of this bullshit from the Democrats. Why oh why does the MSM not call them out on this crap?

Posted by: Paul H at October 12, 2009 10:33 AM

I seem to have picked up a stalker. Creepy.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at October 12, 2009 10:33 AM

Posted by: brs at October 12, 2009 9:34 AM

I expect hyperbole from a blog site called Moonbattery.com. I don't expect Congressmen to conduct themselves in the same manner as said blog site. Do you see the difference?

Did you really just attempt to mollify the justified umbrage taken over Moore's foolishness by saying, in essence, "Well you guys did it too?" Well done, you intellectual titan.

Posted by: cowlove at October 12, 2009 10:38 AM

That one legged Marine can still kick Moore's physical ass, without the prostetic device.

Bet on it.

Posted by: Oiao at October 12, 2009 10:38 AM

Why oh why does the MSM not call them out on this crap?

Probably for the same reason Paul Schaeffer never calls out David Letterman.

Posted by: V the K at October 12, 2009 10:39 AM

There's that annoying whine again. Anyone else hear it?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 12, 2009 10:54 AM

VTK - how do you know Paul has never spent a little time in the 'secret bedroom' over the Ed Sullivan Theator?

Paul Shaeffer is just as much as a Moonbat as Letterman.

After all, Letterman strikes me as a person who migh bat both ways..........

Posted by: Oiao at October 12, 2009 10:54 AM

Moore needs to start cleaning out his office now, he wasn't going to make it past 2010 anyway. I personally know several votes he WON'T be getting, and of course he's NEVER had mine!

Posted by: TED at October 12, 2009 11:03 AM

This peice of demacrap should get flushed down the toilet with the other bits of crap

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at October 12, 2009 11:24 AM

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said of President Barack Obama’s 2009 Nobel Peace Prize:

"We have seen no change in his strategy for peace. He has done nothing for peace in Afghanistan. He has not taken a single step for peace in Afghanistan or to make this country stable.

We condemn the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for Obama. We condemn the institute’s awarding him the peace prize. We condemn this year’s peace prize as unjust."

Well I'll be jiggered! That may be the first statement the Taliban has made with which I agree.

It boils down to this: I wouldn't be proud if I received an award I didn't deserve, and I certainly don't see why our country should be proud that Obama won an award he didn't deserve.

Posted by: Judith M. at October 12, 2009 11:27 AM

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 12, 2009 11:45 AM

there you go Max
MSM is covering up for the dems again
imagine my surprise

Posted by: blue at October 12, 2009 12:04 PM

Excuse me, its been the liberals who every election like clockwork bring out Max Cleland in his wheelchair and put him on display like some kind of #$#@! freak. I respect the man for his service to this country. What has been rumored in some circles on the left, questioned his record, and how he was wounded. Being drunk and playing hot potatoe with a live hand granade isnt combat related, per liberals and his full military record is missing like Kerry's, which Kerry's is true and missing

Posted by: So What at October 12, 2009 12:08 PM

Uh-huh, and right wing blogs quote each other, citing an unnamed "respected Hispanic leader" who "reportedly" heard something in a phone call that was "recently" recorded but not linked.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 12, 2009 12:10 PM

"I may not agree with their opinions, but Boxer did not compare Republicans to the Taliban. Neither did Grayson compare Republicans to Nazis
It was San Fran Nan. Queen and host of the Folsom Street Festival who called repugs Nazi's.

Posted by: So What at October 12, 2009 12:20 PM

brs -

By "CAm Cleeland" do you mean "Max Cleland"?

If so, please learn to spell. Now scurry back to Eric Holder's office, 'kay?

Posted by: Texan at October 12, 2009 12:43 PM

Hey Max
isnt that a bit weak? Tom Foley was forced out on emails and words. Not the act ever took place all it was is that it was "hinted" Clean up aisle 4

Posted by: So What at October 12, 2009 12:48 PM

Here is #3 or #4 asshole of the 1930's Rudolf Hess. There is no english translation to what he said, but what he said in English is "Hitler is germany, Germany is hitler."

Everytime I hear a democrat talk down anyone who criticises obama as a racist or whatever, I can't help but think that they are saying, "Obama is America, America is Obama!" All those little Rodolf Hess' that call themselves democrats, they must be proud of themselves now. Really, they must be.

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 12:53 PM

That would be Mark Foley and when confronted about his sexually explicit messages to teens by the Republic leadership, he resigned.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 12, 2009 12:54 PM

Rudolf Hess at the 1934 Nuremberg Rally

Everytime I hear a democrat talk down anyone who criticizes obama as a racist or whatever, I can't help but think that they are saying, "Obama is America, America is Obama!" All those little Rodolf Hess' that call themselves democrats, they must be proud of themselves now. Really, they must be.

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 12:54 PM

gah!

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 12:55 PM

Maxwell's Silver Hammer,

The kool-aid has yet to wear off if you still consider a Marxstream Media link to be more reliable than those of independent right-wing bloggers. One has recovered when he realizes it's the other way round.

Posted by: Conservigilant at October 12, 2009 1:08 PM

Hilarious. You cite as "reliable" right wing bloggers who offer rumor and nothing else. Is your flavor lime or grape?

If I tried to cite something with similar "evidence" you would laugh, and so you should.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 12, 2009 1:13 PM

Greg, ever take introductory rhetoric or theory of communication? If you had, you would know that humans associate imagery in a cause and effect or action and reaction way. If you mention any Nazi or associated imagery like the holocaust and fail to indicate a negative connotation (e.g. "no", "not", "unlike", etc.), humans will automatically process as a descriptor. In other words, the lack of negative connotation creates positive association. This is also reflected in learning theory and neuroscience in multiple studies. It does not matter if Alan Grayson did not specifically call the GOP Nazis or otherwise--the association stuck and Boxer's Taliban reference did the same. There is no other reasonable argument that could be made outside of a legal context. Most humans do not think in parsing mode--they draw conclusions from the communication using the inference and imagery.

Posted by: DJSMDTx at October 12, 2009 1:16 PM

The chorus from the right these days is "I agree with the terrorists", "Obama is a Nazi, socialist, commie, liberal, homo loving Muslim from Kenya". How pathetic! First you join with Rush in "wanting our President to fail", then you whine about the Olympics, you whine about giving actual thopught to Afghanistan, you whine about health care reform, you whine about the Nobel Peace Prize...what would have him do...turn it down? That would have been the best impression I ever saw of Bush.

You claim to be such patriots, yet also claim it is patriotic to root against your own country. Not sure if you noticed but we had something like an election, where there was no Supreme Court involved, no investigations on voting disenfranchisement, and you lost. Tear page out of Howard Dean's book and organize! You rather attack every little thing from using actual lies from Gregory of Yardale as a point of reference. You guys are making the Truthers and the Birthers look like patriots!

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at October 12, 2009 1:47 PM

"Obama is America, America is Obama!"

Moonbat Skullcracker I see what you mean, that is F'ing scary.

Posted by: son of a preacher man at October 12, 2009 2:05 PM

Posted by: son of a preacher man at October 12, 2009 2:05 PM

Then feast your eyes and ears on this one:

Then re watch Rudolf Hess again from 1934.

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 2:12 PM

There's that annoying whine again. Where the hell does that keep coming from?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 12, 2009 3:06 PM

Jay, did you pick up any words during the whine? I caught chorus, Afghanistan, Nobel, voting, but the rest, like you said was just drowned out by the whine. Almost like someone was trying to talk but their lips were fastened to the backside of 0.

Posted by: UpNorth at October 12, 2009 3:22 PM

THE democRATS ARE COMMUNIST--THEY CAN ALL GO TO HELL--teddy IS LONELY--AND jack & bobby ALONG with their father joe. MY GOD, AMERICA WAKE UP WHILE WE THE PEOPLE STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO SAVE AMERICA AS IT WAS FOUNDED BY REALLY GREAT MEN. SINCERELY, T.A. TATE

Posted by: T.A. Tate at October 12, 2009 3:55 PM

Wellstone, Obama isn't my president, he's your president. Or don't you remember the past 8 years when the left was babbling that way? Dissent was the highest form of patriotism back then during bush, now it's unamerican and Obama should get everything he wants because he's your president. Quit with the our shit, this one is all yours.

Posted by: Moonbat Skullcracker at October 12, 2009 5:06 PM

I wouldn't salute this scumbag piece of Marxist trash even if it meant a court martial. And it probably would.

Posted by: SK at October 12, 2009 7:08 PM

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 12, 2009 11:45 AM- "...Kansas City papers show nothing."

You expected to find it in an issue of "CAMP"?

Posted by: chairman soetoro's oprichniki at October 12, 2009 7:30 PM

I faxed all of his available numbers and 'expressed' my disapproval of his statement. What a piece of shit.

Posted by: SteveCan at October 12, 2009 7:59 PM

These demcrats are a digrace to america they all deserve to be banished clear out of the milkeyway

Posted by: Flu-Bird at October 12, 2009 9:37 PM

Please - Enough already. Don't like the channel, change it. I'm not going to visit huffington or some other lib site. Stay home if you don't like the articles.

Posted by: ET at October 12, 2009 11:01 PM

Posted by: Goatse O'Wellstoned The Gay Blade of Detroit at October 12, 2009 1:47 PM- "Obama is a Nazi, socialist, commie, liberal, homo loving Muslim from Kenya".

I understand, Goatse- Your boner for Bammy's brown buttocks makes perfect sense, in that context.

Posted by: chairman soetoro's oprichniki at October 13, 2009 1:36 AM

I wonder what one of these Democrat politicians would do if shown a video of what REAL Taliban do to their victims.

Posted by: Cylar at October 13, 2009 2:25 AM

Posted by: ET at October 12, 2009 11:01 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't go dumping crude oil in the waters at DailyKos. Why can't these people stay over where their hubris is welcome?

I ask myself the same damn questions every time I pop by here or any other conservative blog:

"Why do they bother - do they really think they're going to convince us all to become good little socialists, that Christians are evil, that conservatives are cold-hearted hypocrites, that Obama really has America's best interests at heart?"

And every time I ask the question, some self-righteous jagoff retorts, "Oh, you mind-numbed wingnuts just want an echo chamber."

No, dirtbag....we want a forum where we can discuss the issues in peace. We want someplace where the adults can talk without being interrupted by petulant children.

Posted by: Cylar at October 13, 2009 2:33 AM

Posted by: Cylar at October 13, 2009 2:25 AM

Blame it on the West, as usual.

Posted by: SK at October 13, 2009 4:29 AM

"We want a forum where we can discuss the issues in peace."

Sure you do. And when people like me offer contrary notions for the "discussion", what do we see? Earlier on I posted this:

"I have tried to find an actual media link to this story and have come up dry. There's lots of right-wing links. Kansas City papers show nothing.

So this entire story appears to be based on "reportedly" unless someone has a real world link I have not seen."

And:

"...right wing blogs quote each other, citing an unnamed "respected Hispanic leader" who "reportedly" heard something in a phone call that was "recently" recorded but not linked."

Go ahead, and check out how "the adults" responded.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 13, 2009 6:44 AM

Don't know if you'll visit back here, Maxwell, but if you do, can you tell me why all the lefty sites immediately ban anybody for life who is suspected of being center-right/right, while the conservative blogs rarely ban anybody?

Posted by: Karin at October 13, 2009 8:05 AM

I live in Kansas and this POS is my representative. I know all about him--during the August break--the man held zero townhall meetings--only paid events or private events. He refused to go on Shannin and Parks a local talk radio show because he was afraid people would be disrespectful to him. He is a creepy wimp!!!

Posted by: Anonymous at October 13, 2009 9:00 AM

Karin, I have no idea if what you are saying is accurate. I do know that I see lots of right wing comments on left wing blogs. I confess though, I spend so little time there I have no idea if they are "regulars".

As for "banning", the only rationale I can see for doing that is if a particular poster is consistently abusive or personally threatening or if they consistently violate the specific comment rules for a blog.

Being able to express an opposite point of view is the very essence of democratic discourse. That's contrary to what Cylar believes it would seem.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 13, 2009 9:07 AM

"poster is consistently abusive or personally threatening or if they consistently violate the specific comment rules for a blog". That's it, that's why the Kossacks, DU, et al, ban anyone they don't agree with, they violate the rules. By not toeing the line the WH and Soros put out.
Puh-leeze Max, don't trot out the opposite point of view argument, it doesn't exist on the left, it does on the right. If it didn't exist, we wouldn't be reading the tripe you, Goats, anonymouse and the rest post.

Posted by: UpNorth at October 13, 2009 10:27 AM

Well duh, UpNorth. If a blog has comment rules and a poster breaks those rules, what do you expect?

I just went over to Huff Post and looked at their top story "Snowe Melts". Look at the comments and tell me there is no opposite point of view argument. Conclusion? You don't know what you are talking about.

On the old Fox forums if you posted a word like "assume" the filters would chop your post because the word "ass" was noticed.

What I know is here, on this thread, not one of you can respond with intelligence to my points re the veracity of this topic that I raised at 6:44.

Posted by: Maxwell's Silver Hammer at October 13, 2009 11:24 AM

PuffHo? I can't go there, I'd have to wash my eyes out with hydrochloric acid after I did. As to your rather plaintive plea about the lead, so what? The left runs with things that aren't sourced every day. See the alleged Limbaugh "slavery quote". None of the leftists who post here seem to let that get in the way of their posts.

Posted by: UpNorth at October 13, 2009 5:03 PM