« Schools Still Staging Rent | Main | Town Bans All Police Pursuit »

September 22, 2009

Prince Charles Wants Everybody Else to Give Up Their Cars

charles%20car.jpg
You first, Chuck

Not just to appease the Vengeful Goddess Gaia, mind you, but also because he thinks the peasants will be happier if relieved of the burden of motorcars. The London Telegraph Reports:

The Prince, who has two Jaguars, two Audis, a Range Rover and still drives an Aston Martin given to him by the Queen on his 21st birthday, said developers had a duty to put public transport and the pedestrian at the heart of their housing schemes.

This is why I just cannot take Global Warming seriously. Prince Charles, Al Gore, Robert F. Kennedy, Arianna Huffington, Thomas Friedman and all the other members of the Carbon Cult prodigiously enjoy all the luxuries of hydrocarbon consumption... gas-guzzling cars, private jets, gigantic homes, world travel ... but seek to deny any measure of those benefits to the working classes. It's why I suspect that the point of Global Warming hysteria isn't so much to "save the Earth" as it is to get all the unwashed masses off the freeways, off the airplanes, and off the beaches so the wealthy can have them all to themselves, while getting even richer through the Enron-scheme of selling worthless carbon credits for huge amounts of government-mandated money.

Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at September 22, 2009 7:27 AM

Comments

Do as they say, not as they do.

I'm sure that the private game of said elites is to compare carbon footprints, see whose is bigest: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Posted by: The MaryHunter at September 22, 2009 7:47 AM

Time for prince chucky to be living in a swamp sitting on a lilypad going RIBIT,RIBBIT

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at September 22, 2009 7:51 AM

England jumped the shark quite a while ago. Time to change the channel.

Posted by: Paul H at September 22, 2009 7:55 AM

TYPICAL liberal H Y P O C R I T E.

Posted by: TED at September 22, 2009 7:56 AM

Typical Letterman-Loving Lying Loopy Loony Lobotomized Lemming-Like Leftist Liberal Low-Life Loser nonsense, "Do As I Say, Not As I Do".

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 22, 2009 7:57 AM

Charles is living testament to the stupidity of a real monarchy. I don't begrudge the Brits their touristy, revenue generating castles and traditions but the minute that tribe of inbred Teutonic twits starts telling me what to do because of their so-called 'royalty' I say what was said in 1776;
FUCK OFF!

Unfortunately, we don't seem to be doing much better here lately what with the mutts and thieves our system produces.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at September 22, 2009 9:18 AM

Is President Obama still a British subject? Why or why not.

Posted by: DCBikerJohn at September 22, 2009 9:25 AM

Every time I hear some idiot tell me to do something he is not willing to do regarding cars, I go out to the garage, hop in my Cobra with it's 427 cubic inch motor and gas guzzling four barrel carbs(2), and burn up a tank just driving around. I feel like a prince doing that.

Posted by: man of few words at September 22, 2009 10:18 AM

Toss Diana for,uuh,,uuh Camilla?
WTF!!
Every thing you need to know is right there.
DNA is supposed to twirl, not go straight up.

Posted by: czuch at September 22, 2009 10:28 AM

Prince chowmain is being a liberal dweeb again SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK HYUK,HYUK,HYUK

Posted by: Flu-Bird at September 22, 2009 12:00 PM

MOFWs is the Cobra an original? If it is then YOU SUCK...no I'm just kidding,it sounds like a blast to drive. :)

Posted by: Farmer Ted at September 22, 2009 12:02 PM

You dont rule america prince chucky so go and park in quicksand you royal little brattiness

Posted by: Birdzilla at September 22, 2009 2:21 PM

DCBikerJohn --- My '68 Mustang coupe with a 302 cubic inch V-8 and single 4bbl carb isn't quite as "super carbon-ey" as your Cobra, but still does a pretty good job of making me happy as I stick (or more correctly C-6 auto-trans it) to Prince Chuckie, AlBore, BO, etc.

Posted by: okieinmd at September 22, 2009 2:44 PM

They certainly are trying hard to butter up to Reichschancellor Jugears' agenda of absolute insanity now that their own country and culture lay in shattered fragments. Honestly, I can't feel bad for the UK; they let it happen gladly. Our turn is next. Enjoy.

Posted by: The End at September 22, 2009 2:56 PM

Ted, Not original, but as close as you can come with fiberglass. Zero to sixty....right now.

Posted by: man of few words at September 22, 2009 4:07 PM

Now I live in necessary 4WD SUV land , but a couple of decades ago I felt very eco with my 924 Porsche turbo which got 20 MPG at 100 MPH .

Posted by: Bob Armstrong at September 22, 2009 4:23 PM

Ode to Albert, Charles and the rest of the Carbon Cult.

When all you AGWers die
We will raise a monument into the sky
A monument of SOLID CARBON
To commemorate your BOGUS BARGAIN.

Gore......A bloody mess associated with a HORROR MOVIE !

Posted by: Maurice at September 22, 2009 5:46 PM

As a Brit I can say that I think that Prince Charles has seriously lost the plot. I do not think that Queen Elizabeth takes him seriously so why should the rest of us. Perhaps he should be shipped to a small Pacific island with Gore et al so they could pontificate alone and leave the rest of us to live as we want.

Posted by: John Marshall at September 23, 2009 2:10 AM