« Moonbat Tech: Go Girl | Main | Blood Money »

September 4, 2009

Ed Schultz: Jesus Favors Healthcare Nazification

At last we have a reason to support government seizure of the healthcare industry. According to noted theologian Ed Schultz of MSNBC, Jesus is for it.

Barks Schultz:

Now, I have been referring to the health care reform deal as the real moral issue of our time. I believe Jesus would vote yes for a public option, but some Bible thumpers don't see me eye to eye on this one.

One reason progressives are so hostile to Christianity is that it is the opposite of socialism. According to Christians, every human life is valuable, and we all have the free will to choose good or evil. According to moonbats, inconvenient lives should be terminated — e.g., unborn babies, babies who survive attempted abortions, the elderly under ObamaCare. There is no free will; there is only the State, which determines how we should live and controls our behavior accordingly. This is why Comrade Obama opposes charity but supports welfare, whereas conservatives oppose welfare while giving much more generously than liberals. Charity and government entitlements are as different as good is from evil, because one represents choice, and the other theft.

ObamaCare is yet another coercive wealth transfer. To say Jesus would favor it is like saying Jesus would rob a liquor store.

Next we will learn from Obamunist propagandists that Jesus wants our taxes raised.

ed-shultz.jpg
Speaks for Jesus.

Hat tip: Michelle Malkin, on a tip from BURNING HOT.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 4, 2009 9:35 AM

Comments

Ain't it funny kind of funny how people who don't care much for "Bible-Thumpers" seem to think they know what Jesus would want better than people who go to church, read the Bible, pray...

And isn't this coming from the same crowd that shrieks "separation of church and state" any time some schoolkid wants to sing a Christmas carol?

Posted by: V the K at September 4, 2009 9:52 AM

In a reminder of what liberal moonbats really think of the one they call "Jebus," a memorial marker to a Wisconsin law enforcement officer is being removed because of its religious content.

Posted by: V the K at September 4, 2009 9:56 AM

v, they think they are "swaying" us back-woods jesus-freaks by invoking religion however ham-fistedly they go about it, you see to them us rubes blindly follow anything that smacks of christianity, kinda like how obama will throw out some verses from matthew to support his collectivist ideology.

Posted by: weewilly at September 4, 2009 10:00 AM

I think when Schultz said "Jesus", he was actually referring to Obambi.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at September 4, 2009 10:00 AM

I know, weewilly, and it's so transparent, it's laughable. Who do they think we are?

That Ed Schultz is one ugly mother, BTW.

Posted by: Karin at September 4, 2009 10:03 AM

I know NOTHHHHHHHHHHING!!!!!!! I know NOOOOOOOOOTHINNNNNNNGGGG!!!! .

Posted by: Sergeant Shultz at September 4, 2009 10:10 AM

Did Cass Sunstein propose taking organs against people’s will?

Posted by: J at September 4, 2009 10:42 AM

But, but, but, Jesus used to heal people for free...

Posted by: Judith M. at September 4, 2009 10:46 AM

Taking organs against peoples will? They did that back in the mid 80s on MAX HEADROOM. And they did it in COMA too and sold them on the black market - but those people were, well, in comas - though they were made that by pumping Carbon Monoxide into them in OR 8. But thats a whole nother story.

Posted by: I love Organ Meat at September 4, 2009 10:46 AM

Apart from the purely legal issues, the question here isn't What Would Jesus Do.

The question is whether the government should jam this down our unwilling throats rather than having the voluntary generosity of individuals, various foundations, churches, and others take care of each other.

BTW, Jesus wanted everyone to work, and to benefit appropriately from their individual labours.

I believe that Jesus would have been against what Obama is promoting, and not just on the healthcare issue.

Posted by: LouieLouie at September 4, 2009 10:50 AM

The use of the "A [insert characteristic here] God would/wouldn't do [insert action here]" is, ironically, a common debate tool of atheists. They pick out some action they find abhorrent or non-sensical, and claim that "A good and loving God would never [whatever]" or "An all powerful God would [this] and wouldn't do [that]."

I've always found this line of attack from them to be rather funny. They don't believe in God, claiming they only rely on reason and evidence; however, they are nevertheless experts in what this God whom they believe to be non-existent (therefore, an entity about whom they would have no evidence to apply reason to) would and would not do.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at September 4, 2009 10:52 AM

In the history of radio and TV there is not a dumber son-of-a-bitch ever heard or seen.

If we do hear or see someone dumber you can bet your ass he will be on MSNBC.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at September 4, 2009 10:53 AM

This issue will be completely solved by another Beer Summit

Posted by: Air2air at September 4, 2009 10:54 AM

Well he's a fat moron and he has the "hillbilly hairdo" too....televangelist to the lefty morons perhaps?

Posted by: christmasghost at September 4, 2009 10:56 AM

He looks like Ned Beatty to me

Posted by: sig at September 4, 2009 11:06 AM

Bible Thumpers = People that have actually read the book.

Jesus doesn't care for the affairs of Caesar, commerce, politics or the affairs of men... but he did offer great health care services..

Posted by: IOpian at September 4, 2009 11:10 AM

As I wrote a couple of days ago:

Saddling the government of any state or nation with the responsibility to provide the necessities of life to each and every one of its citizens is nowhere to be found in the corpus of Christian moral teaching, outside of the thoroughly discredited liberation theology (quite the fad among the Jesuits in '80s Central America). So please stop accusing those of us who think a massive government expansion of power and authority in American health care is not only unwise, but will lead to many unintended consequences - up to and including a system that provides both less quality and less quantity of health care - of ignoring the tenets of our faith. We simply have different ideas and propose different methods of addressing the issue of broader access to affordable health care, and this line of attack is, at best, a strawman (especially from those who otherwise mock Christians for their faith); at worst, it is a foolish slander.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at September 4, 2009 11:11 AM

"For there is respect of public option persons with God," (Schultz 2: 11).

Posted by: C-Bug at September 4, 2009 11:18 AM

Ed Schultz?

Who?

The guy does look a bit like Sgt. Schultz of "Hogan's Heroes," granted, as the poster Sergeant Schultz, above, infers, but I've never heard of or from him (til this post on Moonbattery).

Oh! No wonder! He's on MSLSD. Good reason . . .

Posted by: jc14 at September 4, 2009 11:26 AM

He does The ED Show. He is another Olbermann wannabe like that lesbian Rachel MadCOW.

All thats required to get a show on that network is screech about how evil conservatives and Republicans are. They dont even bother with conversative guests much any more. They just interview YES Men.

Posted by: ED sucks at September 4, 2009 11:35 AM

cg,
"He looks like Ned Beatty to me"

"Now, squeal like a pig, boy."
Anyone remember "Deliverance.

OK, thats-a-good boyz, Crank up the banjo music and bubble machine.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at September 4, 2009 11:38 AM

Most revolting. When it suits their narrative, Religious people are "backwards" and "superstitious." When the Communist in chief needs our votes, it's a "moral imperative" to follow him and now this? Liberals reek of gross hypocrisy!

Posted by: Jay B at September 4, 2009 11:49 AM

I see (not agree) with his so-called 'logic'

Jesus said 'render unto Caesar....'

So that means render unto the Great Obamses all your earthly possessions for redistribution.

Right?

Posted by: Doug at September 4, 2009 12:15 PM

No, Jesus was referring to the coins bearing the image of Caesar (the man, not the chimpanze from Planet of the Apes, though I could understand the confusion).

Posted by: Anonymous at September 4, 2009 12:32 PM

"Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Render unto God that which is God's."

It logicly follows that whatever is left after said "rendering" belongs to US, to dispose of when and how WE see fit.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 4, 2009 12:49 PM

"Anonymous at September 4, 2009 12:49 PM"

Dang! I had a chance to be "deep" and I forgot to take credit for it!

Posted by: KHarn at September 4, 2009 12:50 PM

cg,
"He looks like Ned Beatty to me"

Eneils Bailey,
"'Now, squeal like a pig, boy.'
Anyone remember Deliverance?
OK, thats-a-good boyz, Crank up the banjo music and bubble machine."

Ed Schultz' Ned Beatty to James Carville's banjo boy on the porch. Yup, it all makes sense now.

Posted by: tfhr at September 4, 2009 1:00 PM

So he says Jesus would want a public option, then he goes on to bash people who believe in Jesus in the same sentence. What a class act, full of logic, reason, and tolerance, he is. (rolling eyes)

Posted by: Seamus at September 4, 2009 1:20 PM

How could JC support this bill?

I don't think Jesus would support this bill or the administration for that matter.

Remember folks, Obama is an abortion supporter.

Posted by: Dave at September 4, 2009 1:22 PM

Good grief! These people are shameless. Trust me, Ed Schultz has no clue what Jesus would think or say about ObamaCare.

Hey Ed! What does Jesus think about you using Him as a prop for political deception?

Posted by: Lord Crimson at September 4, 2009 1:34 PM

Ed Schultz = Prince of Darkness

Posted by: Doug at September 4, 2009 1:44 PM

I recall the public option Rome gave Jesus Christ on Good Friday!

Posted by: Mockingbird at September 4, 2009 2:01 PM

Good point Mockingbird.

Don't forget it was Obama, er, Pilate who said to Jesus "what is truth?" in true socialist "all people are equal, it's just a political power struggle" form.

Posted by: Doug at September 4, 2009 2:13 PM

Schultz's device is not new. Shakespeare was onto them.

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness"

Posted by: Jim at September 4, 2009 2:29 PM

Can I clandestinely install a huge intense Tesla machine on the ceiling of the MSNBC studio and have access to it by remote? That would put their ratings through the roof, eh? Every time some douche tries to mention God, zap!

"Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

Posted by: Corona at September 4, 2009 2:39 PM

He look as pleasent as nice as the grinch

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at September 4, 2009 2:41 PM

Yes I am sure this Assbag speaks with the almighty on a daily basis.

Perhaps Schultz should consider upping the voltage on his electric shock treatments.

Posted by: Red Star at September 4, 2009 3:10 PM

That fat greaseball. What does he think would happen to him under obamacare?
Does he really think that if he's for it, he'll be exempt from it's cruel hand? What a dope.

Posted by: man of few words at September 4, 2009 3:14 PM

White House working on its own health-care bill now

Posted by: J at September 4, 2009 3:33 PM

LOL! And no - Jesus wouldn't have driven a Prius either.

Everyone knows Jesus would have driven a VW mini-bus so the Apostles could have gone with him.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 4, 2009 4:52 PM

Jimbo, I don't know why, but I have a hunch Jesus would have driven a Pinto. It would be a clunker and consume large quantities of gas and burn oil profusely. But he would step out in a fine suit and look as clean as a whistle.

Posted by: Doug at September 4, 2009 5:04 PM

Just AMAZING how the left can "GET RELIGION" every time they want to "USE" it for something! One would think they are being disingenuous...

Posted by: TED at September 4, 2009 5:35 PM

At the risk of sounding like a non right-winger, that guy is exactly the type I hate most. A social conservative and fiscal liberal.

I don't think conservatism includes regulation of people's personal lives or bodies. I know many of my friends here disagree but there it is.

Posted by: Air2air at September 4, 2009 5:40 PM

Posted by: TED at September 4, 2009 6:05 PM

Ed, do NOT drag me into this, my son.

Posted by: Jesus of Nazareth at September 4, 2009 6:15 PM

Posted by: Jesus of Nazareth at September 4, 2009 6:15 PM

Would you please smite these sinners!

Posted by: Dave at September 4, 2009 6:29 PM

Posted by: Air2air at September 4, 2009 5:40 PM

I don't think it does. It just says we don't make public policy that validates or support immoral lifestyles.

Posted by: V the K at September 4, 2009 7:15 PM

To Doug
Jesus said 'render unto Caesar....'
And He finished, "... That which belongs to Caesar, but render unto G_d that which belongs to G_d.".
Our inalienable rights are a gift from G_d, including our life. Unless we have been sentenced for some crime, it is G_d, not the government that should set a limit to our time on Earth.

Posted by: James McEnanly at September 4, 2009 7:34 PM

Posted by: Air2air at September 4, 2009 5:40 PM

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

~Robert A. Heinlein

No, friend, you are in good company here.

Posted by: cowlove at September 4, 2009 8:42 PM

No, friend, you are in good company here.
Posted by: cowlove in response to Posted by: Air2air

I agree.

I would have a question or two to ask Ed, should I ever get the chance; "Ed, just how well do you know Jesus Christ? Does He dwell in your heart? Do you speak to Him regularly, and if so, are you praising Him and thanking Him, or are you asking Him political questions?" And finally, "Show me in Scripture where Christ indicated He would do what you claim."

The only politics Christ was into was church politics - and how it stood between man and God. ObummerCare and 99% of liberal laws are similar. They stand between man and God in an attempt to regulate man's personal relationship with Him. To say "Jesus is for ObummerCare" out of one side of your mouth while denying the right to pray in public out of the other is the same kind of hypocrisy Jesus was teaching against when he called the pharisees hypocrites.

Ed. You need to asking Christ for the forgiveness he offers rather than telling Him what He "would" do.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 4, 2009 9:07 PM

The left only asks WWJD? when that question has a chance to score some political points or when they want to smear Christians as hypocritical. No, the only question they ever ask with real sincerity is: WWED?

It's Europe, not Jesus, that possesses the only real answers for the scholarly, modern American lefty. I've heard the disease called Terminal Europe Envy. No cure yet found apart from relinquishing moral adolescence.

Posted by: lvb-rocks at September 4, 2009 9:12 PM

So how much dose a bunch of secular atheists know about the son of god?

Posted by: Flu-Bird at September 4, 2009 9:25 PM

Busy post!

Ed, if you want to understand Christianity you need to read the manual.

Posted by: Mark at September 5, 2009 3:19 AM

I applaud what you guys are doing here by fighting and exposing leftists. But it's time to recognize the truth. The USA is a failed experiment. It's over. Giving women the right to vote (massive government expansion & massive acceptance of leftist ideology), mixing all the races together, rampant miscegenation, have all resulted in a nation that's more bizarre than a circus. Again, I praise you, but it's over. The USA is now an anti-white third world shit hole. It's time for a each of you to think of a new strategy. The system has failed; the USA has failed.

Posted by: vb at September 5, 2009 4:55 AM

Posted by: vb at September 5, 2009 4:55 AM

Oh look... a leftist pretending to be a conservative making racist statements. Haven't ever seen that before.

Nice try, Moby.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 5:22 AM

Typical of the hypocrisy of the left: Evoking the Christian faith only when it suits them, and even then just a perverted version of it with no similarity to the Bible which they feel backs up their insane political philosophies.

Posted by: Adam at September 5, 2009 5:30 AM

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his left, but the goats on the right. Then the King will say to those on his left, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

“Then he will say to those on his right, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

—Matthew 25:31-46--

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where you treasure is, there your heart will be also…No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."

--Matthew 6:19-24--

--Luke 18:22--

Doesn't matter what I say, or you say, he said it. If you don't believe it or follow it, you are not a Christian.

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

--Revelations 22--

Conservatives USE Christianity to try to make animal selfishness appear noble. The words of Christ himself oppose all that you believe in. He was the original liberal.

George

Posted by: George Busche at September 5, 2009 6:27 AM

George, did you drop your Bible while you were masturbating into your gun?

Posted by: Bill Maher at September 5, 2009 6:32 AM

vb, you sound just like those scam emails from Nigeria.

Move along little moron.

Posted by: Doug at September 5, 2009 6:33 AM

If jesus actually materialized today, you would all hate him. You'd ridicule him. And most importantly jesus would look down on all of you.

Jesus encouraged people to forsake earthly material possessions and give everything to the poor. You all detest this idea. You all believe greed is a positive quality and that mandated charity is evil. Yet Jesus ORDERED you to forsake all forms of wealth in favor of charity. And he is your god.

Like so many so called Christians you pick and choose the elements of biblical law you think you can live with like ordering off of a Chinese menu. The stuff you can't live with you simply ignore.

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 6:45 AM

Yeah, numb-nuts. Jesus taught that caring for the poor was a personal responsibility, not something you demanded the government do with other people's money.

If the stuff in the New Testament about giving to the poor is true, then why not the stuff about homosexuality being an abomination? Or, are you guys just picking and choosing, too?

Nutlicker is just another moonbat hypocrite who attacks Christian beliefs non-stop until it's time to claim Jesus was a big-government communist.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 6:54 AM

So, is this the new meme that the left is trotting out this week? That Jesus was a liberal?

Personally, I'm not a Christian, so you leftist drones can go on an on about Jesus all you like. If you can't argue the facts of a policy, I have no use for you. And since most of you zombies are no more Christian than I am, I doubt the Christians are going to listen to you either.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 6:58 AM

V, you moron, Im not a christian. I don't believe in any of the crap in the new or old testaments. ok? I'm not bound to follow the word of jesus. I reject all of it!

However, YOU claim to be a christian, yet only pick the bits you find manageable to obey.

Certainly if God is REQUIRING all of his followers to forsake earthly possessions in favor of charity, government policy that encourages and supports this would be something you would favor, right? That's the way a true Christian nation would behave, isn't it?

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 7:01 AM

"I doubt the Christians are going to listen to you either."

Well, we aren't dealing with real Christians here, just people masquerading as them. They don't really believe in what Jesus requires.

But no, I dont expect them to listen....if it ain't on FOX, they aint interested.....

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 7:09 AM

Heh, nutlicker, you idiot, do you think that you've stumbled upon a winning argument? Do you think that ANY Christian is going to listen to someone who rejects their faith use that faith as a weapon against them?

Of course you do. Like virtually all of you cookie-cutter leftists, you believe in NOTHING except your own brilliance, and can't recognize a losing argument when you see it.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 7:10 AM

You're not the one who gets to decide whether someone is a "real Christian" or not. You reject their faith, so your viewpoint towards Christianity is skewed. This argument is simply a hammer to you, a weapon to be used against people who believe differently than you. Leftists simply can not stand the idea that anyone believes anything different than them. They are the ultimate fundamentalists.

Oh, and it wouldn't be a leftist drone post without a reference to Fox News. I swear, you lefties are all the same. I wrote this months ago, but I like to repost it from time to time because you fools keep proving it true:

--------------------

1) The leftist troll always believes himself to be smarter than his opponent. Always. No matter how idiotic his arguments, no matter how easily they are torn apart, he never wavers in this belief.

2) Similarly, the troll knows that he is better educated. Even if he is a high school freshman arguing against someone with multiple degrees, his opponent is always an ignorant, illiterate boob with a third-grade education.

3) His opponents are racists. ALL of them. This is not even guilty-until-proven-innocent, since there is no way for the opponent to prove to the leftist that he isn't racist.

4) His opponents are fascists. The leftist troll doesn't even truly understand the meaning of the word, but nonetheless labels everyone who disagrees with him as fascists or Nazis.

5) The troll believes himself to be tolerant, yet shows no respect whatsoever for anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with his. He is perfectly willing to indulge in the vilest accusations and basest insults, all the while believing in his heart that he is a tolerant and open-minded person. Leftists HATE. They hate with a pure, single-minded passion that would impress a member of the KKK.

6) There is NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER in their political views. Quiz them on a subject, and you can always predict the answer they will give you. The trolls are interchangeable.

In the end, nothing we say matters to them. They don't care what we think, don't have any intention of listening to anything that casts doubts on their view that government (at least, when they are in charge of it) is the solution to all of life's problems. They're here to dazzle themselves with their own brilliance. Coming here and stirring up shit is just a form of masturbation to them, and we're the props in their sick fantasies.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 7:16 AM

RE: Posted by: George Busche at September 5, 2009 6:27 AM

The Buschewacker quotes Luke 18:22: "When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

You first, George.

BTW, does this include the sword from Luke 22:36?

Anybody can pull random quotes out of the Bible to promote any view they want. That tactic is right out of the Letterman Loving Lying Lobotomized Lemming-Like Liberal Leftie Loser manual, and I even saw a Leftie website devoted to it once.

Out of my sense of Christian charity I'll give you a little help regarding this quote. Taken literally, it asks US to FREELY MAKE A CHOICE to sell what we have and give to the poor. This is actually a CONSERVATIVE view, because it says that we have the freeedom to do so, and the freedom to share what we have with whoever we want.

The LIBERAL / PROGRESSIVE / SOCIALIST / COMMUNIST / FASCIST view is that the government will give us no choice - through confiscatory taxation (or outright nationalization / theft) THEY know better than us, and will REDISTRIBUTE our wealth INVOLUNTARILY.

*****

I normally don't resort to ALL CAPS, but Liberals are not known for grasping simple concepts like this, and our pet troll George Busche is no exception.

It is also ironic that Conservatives actually do give more to charities than Liberals. Study after study has shown it, and there have been entire books written on the subject, but it's not a difficult thing to understand.

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 5, 2009 7:18 AM

Posted by: George Busche at September 5, 2009 6:27 AM

Shut your cocksucker you idiot. You have no credibility here.

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 7:19 AM

RE: Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 6:45 AM

Nutwanker says, "If (J)esus actually materialized today, you would all hate him. You'd ridicule him. And most importantly (J)esus would look down on all of you."

Wow.....talk about Liberal projection!!!

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 5, 2009 7:23 AM

ummm, and I think I'm a genius Otto? You have it all figured out don't you? Substitute Wingnut for troll everywhere in your text and the shoe fits just as well.

seems to me the right has accused everyone who disagrees with them as fascists and rascists lately.. You do watch FOX don't you?

I am fairly confident that I am smarter than you Otto. If that makes me "all the same" so be it. You, sir, are a dolt. I'm tolerant towards reasonable points of view that are well expressed. I see very very little of that here. Idiocy, willful ignorance and beliefs based on ancient superstitions should be battled and defeated.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:24 AM

Dave above represents the typical self avowed Christian here!

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 7:25 AM

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 7:01 AM

Well then please burn in hell you GODLESS baby killing moron. Why don't you take Boy George with you. It be like killing two vultures with one stone.
Hey Boy Georg! Go back a few previous posts and see just how much of a college boy idiot you really are. You can't even get your facts straight. You two dick heads are pathetic. You belong with the left, both of you idiots.

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 7:26 AM

Mighty Christian of you Dave!

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:27 AM

Because I am a Christian, I know that isn't a requirement for "all of his followers." Read Matthew 19. Christ says to gain eternal life, it's enough to keep God's commandments. It's when the rich young noble asks, "What else can I do to be perfect?" that Christ suggests he give up his possessions and follow Him.

But, no matter. Since nutlicker worships Marx, not Christ, perhaps he should give all of his worldly possessions to the government. Surely, wingnutlicker gives everything he needs beyond his basic necessities to the government in the form of taxes.

Or does he not really believe in the socialistic crap he spews either?

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:28 AM

RE: Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:24 AM

You profess to be smarter than Otto, and then spell the word "racist" wrong?

FAIL!!

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 5, 2009 7:29 AM

There are two things conservatives understand that liberals don’t.

1.) Moral obligations are personal, you can’t proxy them to the government. When people forsake their personal moral responsibilities in favor of an all-powerful state, the result is Soviet Russia, Communist China.

2.) A government can’t do as good a job taking care of the poor and unfortunate as charities do. Government has incentives to keep people dependent, charities don’t. Charities have to take care with how they use their funding and resources, governments don’t because they can always extort more from the taxpayers.

Common sense. It is sorely lacking on the left.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:33 AM

I'm not a Marxist V, but at least I understand what Marxism is. You apparently don't. Which hasn't stopped you from commenting before.

So you think you only have to follow the Commandments to be granted eternal life? I'm certain you can't even do that, and have a whole series of justifications as to why you don't have to....God tells you could be perfect if you did give away all earthy possessions, yet for some reason, you're not interested in that. Just the bare minimum is required for V. ANd that's precisely why your claims of Chrisitanity are half assed at best.

I moved from the US the what you would consider to be a socialist country over ten years ago, V.. Which gets a lot closer to living by principles that I believe in, then your belief that you are a Christian.

Posted by: wingnutcracker at September 5, 2009 7:34 AM

V...please....you personally, don't understand anything! You simply don't know what you are talking about. You spout more shit based on nothing than anyone I have ever encountered.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:36 AM

You profess to be smarter than Otto, and then spell the word "racist" wrong?

If I thought Anonymous was smart, I might mistake "rascist" for a portmanteau of "race fascist." But A.) someone who can't even think of a pseudonym to post under isn't bright enough to come up with that and B.) "Race Fascist" sounds more like Van Jones than any of the regulars on this forum.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:36 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:36 AM

I confused the poor widdow weftist with big words again, didn't I?

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:37 AM

shit I could spell every word wrong and STILL be smarter than Otto. Hell, children who can't read or write are smarter than Otto.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:38 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at September 5, 2009 7:27 AM

I'm not a christian.

Guess again chickenshit anonypussy.

Wingnutcracksmoker.....shouldn't you be beating up the elderly or astroturfing a town hall meeting?

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 7:38 AM

RE: Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:33 AM

V the K is absolutely right.

Regarding V's second comment: My spouse has spent her entire career working in the nonprofit sector (United Way, Girls, Inc, et al) and has to raise money through pledges, donations, grants, etc.

Often, the state and federal government are more of a hinderance than a help, and when they do help it's often wasteful and ineffective.

As Ronaldus Maximus once said, "Big government is not the solution to the problem, big government IS the problem".

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 5, 2009 7:41 AM

Thanks Tony.

Also, keeping God's commandments is hardly a "minimal effort." If Christianity were easy, liberals would do it.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:44 AM

Anyone who professes to be smarter than some one else is usually the stupid one.

V the K is right one when pointing out that the left is lacking in the common sense department.

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 7:48 AM

Common sense comes out of life experience. I get the idea that many on the left are removed from reality... either by drugs or privilege.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:54 AM

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 7:54 AM

Or by immaturity.

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 7:58 AM

I'd just like to ask all the Marxist trolls expounding on 'true Christianity' one simple question:

"Did you nearly drop your Bible as you were masturbating into your gun?"

-Bill "the Intellectual Titan" Maher

Posted by: Doug at September 5, 2009 7:59 AM

Part of being a conservative is recognizing that stuff that sounds good after four or five bong hits probably won't work too well in the real world.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 8:02 AM

Heh, looks like I offended Anonymous Larry with my 7:16 AM comment... unless that was Wingnutlicker and he just forgot to put in his name. Who knows? I can't keep up with their name changes.

Anyway, I love posting that... it always ticks the trolls off. The truth usually does.

I've never hid my contempt for the left, but that post was specifically targeted towards TROLLS like nutlicker. Are you a troll, Larry? You apparently think you are. And who am I to argue with that?

ummm, and I think I'm a genius Otto?

I'm sure you do.

You have it all figured out don't you?

When dealing with you drones, yes I have. I've been arguing with leftist trolls for years. You. Are. All. The. Same.

There's not a damned bit of difference between you. Whatever the subject is, I can predict with certainty what your beliefs are, because you are not independent thinkers.

Hardly. After all, aren't I a "wingnut," at least according to trolls like you?

Now, what are my opinions on abortion? Health care? Evolution? Iraq? School vouchers? Sarah Palin? Tell me. I know what your opinions are, but you don't know mine. You just think you do, because you believe that we on the right are just like you on the left.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, that is rich!. The RIGHT is calling opponents fascists and racists?

You do watch FOX don't you?

Occasionally, when I bother to watch television news. Which isn't that often. What's your point? I always wonder why leftists bring up Fox News even in threads that have nothing to do with it. I think it's because they don't believe we come by our beliefs and ideas independently. We must be getting them from somewhere... we must be being told what to think, because if we weren't we'd agree with the left.

I am fairly confident that I am smarter than you Otto.

Thus far, you've failed to provide evidence of that. You might be, you might not be. In any case, all you're doing is proving me right. No matter what, the leftist always thinks he's smarter than his opponent. ALWAYS.

The only way to make a determination of who is more intelligent is by what is posted here. And that's not much, certainly not enough to base such a decision on. Thus, to the leftist troll, the determining factor becomes: does he believe the same things as I do? If the answer is no, then the troll simply assumes he's smarter. Thus, you've proven me right.

If that makes me "all the same" so be it. You, sir, are a dolt.

A "dolt." Well, touche, I guess. You certainly showed me.

I'm tolerant towards reasonable points of view that are well expressed.

No you're not. You see, the term "reasonable" is the key... what they call a "weasel word." Who decides what's "reasonable?" Why, you do. And what do you base that decision on? Whether or not the commenter agrees with you. If you like what he says, he's reasonable. If not, well, he's a Fox-News-watchin' bible-thumpin' "wingnut."

Convenient.

I see very very little of that here.

Of course you don't. Among the left, the ultimate crime, really the ONLY crime, is heresy. Believing things that aren't proper. You are everything you accuse your opponents of being... intolerant, ignorant, and stupid.

Ah, are you the troll called "Wingnutcracker?" Or are you just a different leftist who believes the exact same things as he does?

Anyway, let's address your point: who decides what are "willful ignorance and beliefs based on ancient superstitions?" You? And who decided that you were the one to battle and defeat them? And why bother? Does it offend you that someone believes something different than you?

You are proving my 7:16 AM comment far better than I could. You are INTOLERANT. You are pompous. You think you're smarter than your opponents.

In short, "Anonymous," you HATE us. You hate with clear passion, unfettered by doubt or uncertainty.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 8:13 AM

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 8:15 AM

Otto, I really do enjoy your posts! You have just made my day with the above.

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 8:22 AM

Lefties can't refute conservatism on points because it's too intellectually solid and too grounded in facts and logic. So, they get into these ridiculous little circles: "Conservatives are dumb because they watch FoxNews; FoxNews is dumb because conservatives watch it." No actual examples of inaccuracy need to be cited, the demonization of FoxNews exists entirely within that circle.

It amused me that in another forum, some leftard tried to refute my assertion that Obama had shut down domestic oil exploration by saying that BP had just discovered a huge oil field in the GOMEX. Right. A British company finds oil in International Waters and that refutes the fact that Offshore and shale oil leases granted by the Bush admin were shut down by Obama. I guess that $10 Billion field off Brazil counts as domestic exploration, too. Since taxpayers are now subsidizing Brazilian oil jobs while American oil workers are out of work.

I guess Brazilian oil doesn't contribute to global warming, just American oil.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 8:25 AM

Thanks, Dave. These trolls provide great sport.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 8:29 AM

Is it just me or does shultz look like a very fat al gore?

Posted by: Tex-Mex at September 5, 2009 8:34 AM

"stuff that sounds good after four or five bong hits"

I get [high] once in a while. I am a strong conservative and Christian. I'm against abortion and for free-markets. I find our Dear Leader to be a disgrace to the founding pricipals of our nation.

Smoking weed helps some open their minds to the magnificence of God, our [highest] of power. He does, after all, work in mysterious and amazing ways.

Some people like to drink. Some don't.

To my fellow counter-moonbats: Ease up on the weed-bashing. We are not all bad and ignorant people. Many of us are on your side. Some of us are doctors, lawyers, engineers and entrepreneurs.

Posted by: Reluctantly Anonymous at September 5, 2009 8:34 AM

Posted by: Reluctantly Anonymous at September 5, 2009 8:34 AM

I don't think V the K's comments were directed at all people who smoke weed... just the ones (virtually all on the left) who think that what they think up when high makes for good policy decisions.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 8:38 AM

EO, yes, exactly my point.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 8:43 AM

(stands and applauds)

Otto, as a Christian, I can still appreciate a great effort. It's always so amusing when moonbats confirm everything merely by trying to defend themselves. Lockstep together. They really are interchangeable.

Your 7:16am post sums it all up. Everything. Should be printed out and framed next to the monitor by anyone who engages moonbats.

Posted by: Stephan at September 5, 2009 9:08 AM

Posted by: Reluctantly Anonymous at September 5, 2009 8:34 AM

I use to smoke tons of weed up until my thirties then one day I just quit because I wanted to. I do agree with you do to my experiences with it. It does relax you and calm the nerves and in my opinion it's much safer than alchohol. The difference between the lefties and us is that we are responsible in our day to day decisions and actions.

You and I would go home close the door and relax with a hooter. Lefties would sneak around the back of their work place, get high and then go back to work and endanger their fellow workers while under the influence or make poor business decisions.

See the difference?

Posted by: Dave at September 5, 2009 9:12 AM

This thread demonstrates the reason behind separation of church and state.

Religious Conservatives provide a target-rich environment for the left as we know. Religious Leftists are, of course, left alone by the Left.

When a leftist goes to church to hear Rev. Wright for 20 years, libs use that to demonstrate that said leftist is a 'normal churchgoer'.

But we know what libs turn right around and say about Western Conservatives who go to church. However, libs turn right around and protect the grotesque theocracies of the Muslim world - as long as they are anti-Western.

Seems like we can't really win with the logic of the left, eh?

Posted by: Air2air at September 5, 2009 9:15 AM

"The only reason you don't support policies that require you to forsake your wealth in favor of the poor, is because you don't want to. Which means you are not a Christian, and going to hell. See you there!"
1. Jesus was referring to individual acts of willful generosity (Which, btw, conservatives tend to greatly exceed liberals in), not forced wealth redistribution by the government. There is no kindness or charity in the latter of the two, because it is something you do because you are forced to, rather than simply out of the mercy of your heart because it is the right thing to do.
2. I can't necessarily speak for the rest of the people here (I'm no mind reader, after all), but I for one will not be joining you in Hell. See, when I earnestly accepted Jesus into my heart as my Savior, he cleansed me of my sins, and ensured I'll go straight to Heaven when I die, regardless of such legalistic things as how much money I gave to the poor (Though personally, I like working in soup kitchens when I can, and I try to keep some food in my car at all times in case I come across a homeless man I can give some of it to). Good deeds are great, but only accepting Christ gets you salvation (Read Ephesians 2:8-9). If you want a religion in which you earn your own salvation through mandatory giving to the poor and other such works, check out Islam instead, because for Christians, all that is necessary is to accept Jesus as your Savior through faith, and strive to live for Him as best you can.

Posted by: Adam at September 5, 2009 10:12 AM

Air2Air, I also believe in separation of State and Church. The power of the state ought not be used to crush religious expression, the way leftists use it. Prayer in schools? None of the Federal Government's business. Nativity scenes on the courthouse lawn? None of the Federal Government's business.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 10:16 AM

I've adopted two special needs foster kids, and I'm currently looking for a third, and I'm open to a fourth. There's a couple in my church who've adopted at least half a dozen. Nutlicker and the other trolls think they're morally superior because they're willing tax "the rich" (i.e. anyone who makes more money than they do) to put these kids in state-run group homes.

Posted by: V the K at September 5, 2009 10:28 AM

Well said, Otto.

Posted by: cowlove at September 5, 2009 12:12 PM

You losers aren't Christians. I give credit to the few neocons here who actually admit it. The rest of you, who DO claim to be Christian are just deluding yourselves and trying to fool others.

And honestly those of you who try to portray yourselves as intelligent are just trying to make yourselves feel good. Conservatives never went in much fer-that-book-lernin, so stop embarrassing yourselvs.

Jesus said what he meant and if you follow your own way and not his then you are not Christian. Thats all. YOU want to parse Christ's words and mold them to fit how you want to live. Fine, knock yourself out. But by doing so, rather than living as he did, you preclude yourself from being a Christian.

And the thing is, you know it. But conservatives are so fundamentally intellectualy dishonest that you can twist anything to fit your Golem's mind.

Again, you simply are trying to make your own animal selfishness sound good, so you feel good. But it doesn't work. Most conservatives are filled with a secret self-loathing because you WANT to be noble, but you are the segment of the population that cannot overcome your animal urges and rise to the level that Christ actually demands. You can't do it. For animals their only concern is ME. Same as for conservatives. You function on the lowest and simplest level of human development. And in general I don't care one way or the other, except that you then try to force that gutter mentality on eveyrone else. Like all totalitarian types in history. So you must be opposed. If you just lived your animalistic lives and left everyone else along, no problem. But it is the trait of the animal to desire to be dominant because in nature dominance means survival. Thus all the 'YOU FUCKING LIBERALS' type of verbal attacks we see here.

The thing is, your survival isn't at stake. You are still in fight or flight mode, like an animal in the jungle, even when there is no threat. This is why it is so easy to use fear to manipulate conservatives. That is the level you operate on. You can't overcome your base instincts. And if we were still living on the frontier that would be a good thing, as animal level traits were needed. But in this culture today intelligence is the dominant trait. And that is where you fall terribly short and why you are so angry at the culture around you. You can't compete, and you can't adapt. So you are stuck in your own little prison. I'm sorry for you, I really am. And I think this is likely hardwired in your brains so you are indeed stuck.

Jesus Christ's life was all about helping the poor and sick. Your lives are all about stepping on the poor and turning your backs on the sick.

You aren't Christians.

George

Posted by: George Busche at September 5, 2009 3:35 PM

I give credit to the few neocons here who actually admit it.

Your "credit," like your opinion, is worthless.

Posted by: Evil Otto at September 5, 2009 5:23 PM

George must not have read my comment, since that doesn't tie in with this "Tolerant" liberal portraying everyone here as mean, selfish, stupid animals who don't care about the poor.

Posted by: Adam at September 5, 2009 8:07 PM

Evil Otto has officially won this debate by a landslide. And I'm with Dave, I also enjoy your arguments--very cogent, measured, and dispassionate. If more Christians adopted your argumentation style, they'd no doubt be more successful in converting people.

George Bushe, on the other hand, is highly reminiscent of the worst of the fundamentalist apologists. He simply doesn't listen to what people are saying to him, no matter how reasonable their comments.

How many times does it have to be explained to him that Christ NEVER recommended that Christians demand the government take care of what is their PERSONAL duty (i.e., caring for the poor, the sick, the hungry, etc.)

Really, George, how much have you personally done for the poor. If the answer is not much, you need to stop yappin' and get down to the soup kitchen or make a personal donation. Expecting the government to take care of everything is the opposite of Christianity, because you can't delegate charity.

Posted by: Judith M. at September 5, 2009 9:53 PM

You losers aren't Christians.
Georgette's Bush at September 5, 2009 3:35 PM

Judge not, lest you be judged.

Silly liberals always claim to be able to read others' minds. They debate like morons... "You think..." No, dipsticks, you have no IDEA what we think. If you did you would piss yourself, dig a hole, crawl in it, and hide.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 5, 2009 10:20 PM

Hey Georgette, Tell us how Jesus supported Infanticide. Tell us how Jesus supported Euthanasia. Tell us how Jesus supported Eugenics. Tell us how Jesus supported Homosexual perversion. Tell us how Jesus supported the Sexualization of Children. Tell us how Jesus wanted us to be soft on criminals. Tell us how Jesus wanted his followers to be perpetual victims of abuse. Tell us why we should listen to YOU, on matters concerning the Christian faith and the teachings of Jesus.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at September 6, 2009 8:36 AM

"Jesus Christ's life was all about helping the poor and sick."
Posted by: George Busche at September 5, 2009 3:35 PM

You are right, paid robot drone but not at the EXPENSE of others.

Get tha picha?
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Memfrica for, Get the picture.

Posted by: Dave at September 6, 2009 10:40 AM

Geez, I spend one day away from here enjoying the excitement and pageantry that is college football, and a full-blown theological debate breaks out.

Jesus Christ's life was all about helping the poor and sick.

Um, no, it wasn't. Jesus did little to directly help the poor, and very selectively healed the sick (usually those who demonstrated great faith). He did teach that one should give to the poor, and that those who wished to truly follow Him must give all they have to the poor; however, Jesus' command to give alms - up to and including giving everything one had - to the poor was primarily for the good of the giver, and only secondarily for the good of the receiver, i.e. the poor. When Jesus told the rich man that he must sell all he had and give it to the poor, and the man went away sad (implying that the man would not do what Jesus instructed), for he had many possessions, Jesus did not say "Oh, that's too bad, for the poor will suffer" or "A rich man's greed runs a world in need". In fact, His words in reply to the rich man's actions did not mention the poor at all, but was concerned with the unhealthy attachment the man had to his accumulated material goods.

The practice of giving alms to the poor as an act of penance for sin, and with the intent of the giver to 'store up riches in heaven' continues in Christianity (primarily in the Catholic tradition, though non-Catholic Christians do much in the way of helping the poor, but for slightly different theological considerations) to this very day. In point of fact, in late medieval societies, as governments began to introduce more initiatives that we would describe today as "welfare", there was an enormous amount of resistance from both Protestant and Catholic citizens, as (for Catholics) the government was depriving them of the opportunity to (in their view and the view of the Church) improve the state of their souls, and (for both Catholics and Protestants) the government was undertaking these initiatives not for the love of God or of fellow man, but for largely political reasons (i.e. to secure the loyalty of the recipients).

Furthermore, to assert that Jesus' life was "all about helping the poor and sick" is to misunderstand completely both Jesus' life and identity. For Jesus did not come primarily to teach, nor to start a political or social movement, nor help any group of people in any material way. He came to die. From the moment of His first public miracle (the wedding at Cana), in which for the first time He publicly revealed a clue as to His identity, His life was one long march to Calvary. While for other great teachers and prophets both before and after Jesus, death was an interruption of their work, for Jesus it was the culmination of it - and in indeed, as the gospels reveal - the entire point of it all. In His Passion and death - His perfect act of love and obedience to the Father - the Son took upon Himself the sin of the world, such that in His destruction, death itself was destroyed, and in His resurrection, He provided witness of His triumph. This is hardly a novel interpretation: it has been the opinion of every Christian theologian of any note whatsoever throughout history, whether Catholic or Protestant.
_______

Jesus was neither a conservative nor a liberal. In the gospels, and in the subsequent writings of the Church Fathers (St. Justin, St. Irenaeus, the early works of Tertullian, St. Augustine, St. Jerome, etc.) of reflection on Christ's life, Being, and teaching, there is plenty to cause a good deal of discomfort to both conservatives and liberals. I prefer to be careful to differentiate between my religious thought and belief and my political leanings (conservative, in the William F. Buckley sense of the word). As such, I believe that a smaller and limited federal government is the best way to go, and that the two massive American government expansion-and-power-grabs of the last century (FDR's New Deal and LBJ's Great Society) led to many unintended and disastrous consequences, and exacerbated the very problems they were intended to solve. This view has nothing to do with my religious thought and belief.

Likewise, I think a massive government expansion of power and authority in American health care is not only unwise, but will lead to many unintended consequences, up to and including a system that provides both less quality and less quantity of health care - another instance of those who want to use the government to solve everyone's problems exacerbating the very problem they were intending to solve. Not content to champion the supposed merits of a massive government expansion of power and authority in American health care, its supporters are now (without the slightest hint of self-awareness that they denounce any conservative who invokes religious sentiment as a "theocrat") telling us that if we're Christian and don't support the massive government expansion of power and authority in American health care, then we're guilty of willfully ignoring the tenets of our faith. To which I reply (again, as I have written these words here previously):

Saddling the government of any state or nation with the responsibility to provide the necessities of life to each and every one of its citizens is nowhere to be found in the corpus of Christian moral teaching, outside of the thoroughly discredited liberation theology (quite the fad among the Jesuits in '80s Central America). So please stop accusing those of us who think a massive government expansion of power and authority in American health care is not only unwise, but will lead to many unintended consequences - up to and including a system that provides both less quality and less quantity of health care - of ignoring the tenets of our faith. We simply have different ideas and propose different methods of addressing the issue of broader access to affordable health care, and this line of attack is, at best, a straw man (especially from those who otherwise mock Christians for their faith); at worst, it is a foolish slander.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Take care, all.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at September 6, 2009 1:49 PM

To GeronimoRumplestiltskin:

From where did you cut 'n' paste your commentary from?

Posted by: Anonymous at September 6, 2009 2:36 PM

However, if Shrub says that he was told by God to kill a few million Iraqi's and a few thousand American soldiers, it's ok???

Posted by: Anonymous at September 6, 2009 2:38 PM

Well done, Geronimo. Your argument was so over Anon's head that he thinks you had to have cut and pasted it. That's the highest form of praise from a Moonbat.

Posted by: Judith M. at September 6, 2009 2:56 PM

Hey Anon, are you still repeating the "Over 1 million dead Iraqis" lie? That's been disproven so many times even most liberals have abandoned it!
Geronimo, awesome refutation, well worth reading!

Posted by: Adam at September 6, 2009 4:56 PM

He looks like one of them nasty trees from WIZARD OF OZ

Posted by: terrorbird at September 6, 2009 5:32 PM

Anon -

I have a background in systematic theology and Patristics (the works and lives of the early Church Fathers; basically, the first 400 years of Christianity), starting at the University of Notre Dame and followed by 20+ years of research and study. If, in your view, informed and thoughtful comments could only be the product of plagarism, that does not speak well of anything you've written, now does it?

Any more questions?

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at September 6, 2009 10:36 PM

LOL, Geronimo! *ZING*

And of course Anon is plagiarizing! All Moonbats are part of "The Collective". Why do you think they all sound like the same person?

Posted by: Judith M. at September 7, 2009 4:13 AM

20 years of studying nonsense, Geronimo? And we are supposed to admire you?

Posted by: Anonymous at September 7, 2009 5:26 AM

It's not nonsense, Anon.
I myself will tomorrow be starting my third year of classes at seminary so that I may enter the ministry some day. I for one DO admire Geronimo's knowledge, you're just angry that his post completely shut down all the arguments that the trolls on this page put forward. In fact, his replies demonstrate 20 times the intelligence and grasp of the issue that your posts do.

Posted by: Adam at September 7, 2009 6:03 AM

And anon wonders why we have so little respect for his opinion on what constitutes Christian behavior when he refers to the in-deptbh study of Christianity as nonsense...(and tells a Jew he's not acting very Christina, LOL!)

Posted by: Judith M. at September 7, 2009 6:05 AM

"Christian" not "Christina", sorry Dave! Oh, and BTW, Dave, you're an honorary Christian in my book!

Posted by: Judith M. at September 7, 2009 6:08 AM

Anon,

I established my qualifications not as a boast, but as a response to an inference (made either by yourself or some other 'Anonymous') that "cut n' pasted" the content of my earlier comment (September 6, 2009 1:49 PM), implying that I could not have written it myself. It would be a real treat if you could follow the argument as it progresses, as it would prevent you from making inaccurate accusations.

Patristics, in addition to the writings of the Church Fathers, is also a rather intense study of the history and culture of what was the known world for the first four centuries of the first millennium. I must confess that you are the first person I've encountered to refer to the study of history as "nonsense".

You think it's nonsense, yet you would like to tell us how to interpret it and what it means, and, in this case, tell us that it should compel support for ObamaCare?

The lack of logical cohesiveness displayed by those who rant against Christianity continues to be a great source of amusement for me.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at September 7, 2009 11:15 AM

Let`s put the focus back on Shultz, shall we? The man is a disgusting opportunistic blowhard just doing his best to stay on da TV. That`s it. He is shrill on his radidio show and he is shrill on the tube. He is tube boob on the boob tube. If his talking head balloons any further, I warn you to turn off your tv before she blows. I watch him to keep tabs on the illiberal media, but I keep my barf bag handy. Much the same with the rest of the media. And Hollywood! Did anyone catch that Keanu remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still?? Yeah, MY planet, Keanu! Those elite illiberals live the good life while trying to deny us our own. Good riddance to "Van" Jones and who is next?
Because there will be a next. Czars r not US! Toys r okay, tho`!

Posted by: C.Martel at September 7, 2009 3:19 PM

What would Jesus do for the millions of uninsured? I just can't see him asking for an insurance card!

Posted by: Bejay B. at September 12, 2009 11:45 AM