« Little Girl at Obama's Latest Staged Spectacle Was a Plant | Main | Senate Restaurants Offered a Foretaste of ObamaCare »

August 12, 2009

The Healing Sounds of ObamaCare

What will healthcare be like, when it is controlled by the militant flakes who dominate the Democrat Party and the primary objective is to contain cost? Maybe like this video of Maui sound healing:

Tibetan bowls are at the cutting edge of sound healing technology:

The first Tibetan Bowl Sound Healing School (TBSHS) in the country has opened in Encinitas, CA. ( http://www.tibetanbowlschool.com) … TBSHS has been created to provide a criterion of excellence from which clients can measure practitioners skill and assure client safety. The school is dedicated to the research, awareness of and training in the uses of the Tibetan Sacred Sound Instruments as therapeutic and transformational modalities. It offers a Certification Program that insures a high standard of excellence in this modality for aspiring practitioners.

It doesn't matter that socialized medicine dissuades people from becoming doctors. What do you need doctors for when you have Tibetan singing bowls?

healed-by-bowls.JPG
The bowls do heal.

The moonbatification of healthcare means we won't need hospitals either. Instead, the sick can go to more economically efficient institutions like the Sacred Sound Residential Retreat. Here new patients are admitted:

sacred-sound-residential-retreat-1.jpeg

At Sacred Sound, another patient is cured with Tibetan singing bowls:

sacred-sound-residential-retreat-2.jpeg

Think of the savings when we do away with all those expensive hospital devices, manufactured by greedy corporations who rape the earth in pursuit of profit. Comrade Obama's first choice for Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Daschle is right: we don't want medical innovation, which only raises costs and causes more carbon emissions by keeping people alive.

On tips from Air2air.

Posted by Van Helsing at August 12, 2009 8:51 AM

Comments

Where is this in the bill again?

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 9:07 AM

Where is this in the bill again?
Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 9:07 AM

right next to "you like your doctor/insurance, you can keep your doctor/insurance".

Posted by: weewilly at August 12, 2009 9:25 AM

brs and weewilly, eventually you will develop a sense of humour. Until then you both miss the point of this blog, which is to poke fun at your side. And this blog uses that endless humorous bonanza that your side provides to communicate just what a bunch of children you are.

Your guilt shows in your comments to this article, bristling at the fact that Tibetan Bowls are not in the bill. News Flash; we are aware of that. It is satire.

But the entertainment value is reading your serious reaction to it, which speaks volumes.

Posted by: Air2air at August 12, 2009 9:36 AM

air2air, my skin crawls at the intimation that i am on the same side as this bottom-feeder, apparently you need to cultivate a sense of humour yourself, i was ironically saying that this provision is not it the health care bill just like obama's lie "you like your doctor/in..." isn't contained in the bill.

Posted by: weewilly at August 12, 2009 9:43 AM

The other half of the satire is humorless knuckleheads like you guys take it seriously and get all up in the air about this.
Its like how many "gay" people are truly happy?
Aint dat wot gay mean???
You fools are the circus.
We mearly set up the rings.
Step innit and dance.
GWAAAHAAHAAHAAHEEEEHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: czuch at August 12, 2009 9:44 AM

Funny stuff, but actually as in the UK, nationalized healthcare will bring out the complementary medicine, wholistic medicine, homeopathic, chiropractic, crystal-wielding, astrologers, tea-reading, touch therapy idiots and every other form of healthcare charlatans and whores by the bus-fulls here in the U.S.
They already have a substantial foothold at least until people need real care.

Bad medical practice and ignorance generates bad science or pseudoscience. In the UK, pseudoscience is pervasive and accepted by the mainstream in large part due to the desperation of people.

And BTW, where this statement...

you anti-evolution people turned your back on science long ago

Namely, that until the right disavows the intellectual nonsense peddled by creationists and so-called "intelligent designers" conservatives will always be branded as atavistic and ignorant. And as far as their "disbelief" in evolution goes, at least for this part of the biological sciences, a lot of people on the right are hopelessly out of touch with the facts of evolution.

My favorite conservative writer, Ann Coulter, was completely out of her element in trying to discredit evolution, stumbled about quoting quacks and had the effect I think, of bringing conservative credibility down even further in the jaundiced eye of the liberal.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 12, 2009 9:46 AM

Weewilly my mistake! I agree that would be a horrible thing to be. Thanks for straightening me out.

Posted by: Air2air at August 12, 2009 10:13 AM

And we were worried all those years about stem cell research.

Posted by: Eric at August 12, 2009 10:13 AM

Couldn't a person buy a set of stainless steel bowls and a wooden spoon from the dollar store and get the same effect?

Posted by: Graycat at August 12, 2009 10:51 AM

I was going to jest that maybe one could just get the singing bowl sounds on iTunes. Well, it's no joke. You can.

Posted by: Alan at August 12, 2009 11:03 AM

Not sure exactly what that means, but noting irony isn't somehow antithetical to the occidental tradition (speaking of over-reaching).

Many (but not all) of the people on the right today are IDers or that ilk, so I do find worry re:pseudoscience in service of a completey apocryphal "point" noteworthy. I do realize that a lot of conservatives are well educated in the sciences and understand evolution as the paradigm of the bio sciences.

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 12:21 PM

For relaxation and healing I was thinking more along the lines of Pink Floyd's "Darkside of the Moon", but that's just me. Also the cd costs around 15 bucks,how much do these witchdoctors charge?

Brs "IDers" is that your new word of the day? You sheep.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at August 12, 2009 12:30 PM

"Brs "IDers" is that your new word of the day? You sheep."

In what way am I a sheep for using IDer? Using shorthand makes me a sheep?

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 12:34 PM

Because "IDers" is the new lefty buzzword of the day,isn't it? By the way "IDers" is in no way shorthand. Sheep.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at August 12, 2009 1:32 PM

Posted by: son of a preacher man at August 12, 2009 1:51 PM

BrS, YOU RACIST!

Don't you know all cultures are EQUAL!

How dare you compare the culture of a wise Latina woman to that of white male imperialists (and science)!

Posted by: Worst of Gallstone at August 12, 2009 2:00 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.

IDer is simply means one who believes in Intelligent Design. What's wrong with that?

I mean, ID is complete bullshit and not science - were you assuming that I thought that? I mean, I do - but I don't think the acronym itself is somehow wrong...

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:01 PM

"How does observing biological mechanisms and how they work in relation to our understanding of the laws of physics (which is quite incomplete) have anything to do with the possibility or impossibility of the existence of a higher ordered being?"

It doesn't. I never understood this, to be honest. Evolution could be the process by which God made us - why not?

Posted by: Anonymous at August 12, 2009 2:03 PM

that last anon was me - my bad

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:03 PM

brs

Fiberal: "....over-reaches any known form of western logic, there is a point to be made about "anti-evolution people".

brs (born really stupid? - I don't know): Not sure exactly what that means,...

Okay. I'll explain it to you.

Your conclusion required a unique premise (antievolutionists reject science and therefore should embrace new age BS).
This is not only wrong since antievolutionists align themselves with and then (mis)use science* to make their point about creationism, but is also over-reaching since the conclusion that an antievolutionist would embrace other forms of pseudoscience doesn't actually follow from a rejection of one branch of science.

By your logic, if I reject the theory of parallel universes then I've rejected science as a paradigm...thereby opening me up to susceptibility of the healing art of baying at the moon.
Your unusual syllogism is weak and not in keeping with standard western logic to build a coherent argument.

Unless of course, you're a liberal.

*Similar to the way science is misused by the left to "prove" anthropogenic global warming.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 12, 2009 2:11 PM

Oops...Anonymous at August 12, 2009 2:11 PM was me.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 12, 2009 2:13 PM

brs,

Posted by: son of a preacher man at August 12, 2009 2:17 PM

Such tedium for a flip point. Did you really think it a a true dialectic construction? Do you often ignore forests for trees?

But if you'd like to get into it ..

You're confused as to the difference between

a. the neccessity of the premise you assign me with, that
"antievolutionists reject science and therefore should embrace new age BS"

and

b. the noting of the irony, which requires no such premise.

It would be just as ironic for a physicist who does not believe in evolution to worry about pseudoscience in this instance, yet be in perfect agreement with the SM. It's still ironic, so you still lose because you came up with an unstated premise for your straw man which was not required for my actual assertion re: irony.

The tedium of your (and now my) deconstruction is nuaseating, though.

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:28 PM

"If you truly believe that, then how is your 1st post anything more then a strawman argument constructed to lash out at people who don't share your beliefs in government funded health care?"

If you believe in evo and don't favor health care the irony simple wouldn't apply. Maybe it's a slur that's unfair to that group, but I'm not sure it's a straw man... I haven't really knocked down a fake argument that I constructed and tried to sell as someone else's, unless you're saying that I did that for those that know evo's real?

It's still ironic for all of the evo-deniers, so I don't think it's a straw man. Hasty gen that all cons are evo-deniers, I'm guily of that I suppose. We're being a bit fine though-most cons are.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 12, 2009 2:34 PM

brs,
Your nausea is probably coming from your hangover.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 12, 2009 2:35 PM

last anaon's me - ahhhh!!!!!

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:35 PM

last anaon's me - ahhhh!!!!!

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:36 PM

brs,

Easy now. There are drugs for that.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 12, 2009 2:38 PM

"I suggest you sit down for a minute, compose yourself and then go back and read your original assertion, stop hiding behind "irony" and then try again."

Compsose? Maybe you learned irony from Allanis Morrisette, but I can assure you that you're wrong. The neccessity of premises depend on the assertion being made. You came up with a straw man assertion for me, so naturally you get a straw man unstated premise. I will say though: when you construct my argument for me, you are right

Obviously dialectics is not your thing...

Posted by: brs at August 12, 2009 2:39 PM

These people are fucking retarded.

EOM

Posted by: WTF at August 12, 2009 3:11 PM

"brs at August 12, 2009 9:07 AM"

First of all, you intimate that there is something WRONG with bowl-healing because you did not defend it as an alternative to drugs, you RAAACIST!.

Second, Evolution is GOD's design.

PS: BAAAAHHH!

Posted by: KHarn at August 12, 2009 3:16 PM

brs

I haven't misstated your argument: your assertion that antievolutionists turned their backs on science and therefore should welcome new age BS is simply wrong in point of fact and based on a blatantly incorrect inference.

Your whole argument was designed to condescend and insult.
I think that's why you're missing your own point now and just hurling nonsense: Your original intent wasn't to make sense.

So before your next "same to you but more of it" gotta-get-the-last-dig-in post, go read your first post and then reformulate your original argument. Otherwise I'm busy.
BTW your misspellings are a lot more annoying than your malaprops.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 12, 2009 4:20 PM

What Fiberal said...

Posted by: son of a preacher man at August 12, 2009 4:57 PM

"And don't forget: you anti-evolution people turned your back on science long ago, so this sort of new-agey BS should fit right into your repertoire."

(1) The left doesn't like evolution anymore than the right does. They just use it as a club to beat the right with. Evolution contradicts the "blank slate" that the left holds sacred, which is why a lot of people don't want human dfferences studied.

(2) Pagan and neopagan nonsense is something of the let not the right.

Posted by: Arthur at August 12, 2009 4:59 PM

LOL!! I sure got a good laugh outta that one!!

Actually tho, is that guy in the black & yellow briefs a Maouri warrior? I think those guys look kinda cute with their tongues stuck out, as they do. Too bad they didn't take his picture facing us...

Posted by: Ex-bat at August 12, 2009 5:16 PM

If the gals in the photos want to improve their health, they should be looking to Jenny Craig, not Barack Obama.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 12, 2009 6:17 PM

Posted by: Boston Red at August 12, 2009 9:07- "Why keep lying? Are you afraid that if you argue your point in good faith you'll lose?"

Why continue demanding collectivized "medicine"? Are you afraid of paying for your own rectal tear treatment?

Posted by: chairman soetoro's oprichniki at August 12, 2009 6:38 PM

Tibetan singing bowls? Good for what ails ya.

It must be hard to keep a straight face on hearing people talk about this crap.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 12, 2009 7:19 PM

Why must I be cursed with a conscience? If I didn't have one, I could get some bowls, a few Tibetan prayer flags, move to a town full of gullible New-Agers, and make myself millions for merely banging sticks on copper pots.

Posted by: PabloD at August 12, 2009 8:33 PM

Amid all this loving banter... you all have driven this blog to the forefront of google...

Well done - great effort Air2air... wish Id thought of it myself - genius!

Posted by: BBC at August 12, 2009 8:42 PM

Everytime they surface, you just have to keep grinding them back into the dirt...one liberal at a time.

Posted by: Fiberal at August 13, 2009 7:12 AM