« Open Thread | Main | An Alternative to Ford »

July 14, 2009

Why to Buy Ford

Now that the Obamunist blob has engulfed GM and Chrysler, there is only one real American car company. It even has the best commercials:

When FDR was imposing all manner of authoritarian moonbattery to prolong the Great Depression, businesses were strong-armed into displaying the Blue Eagle, which meant they had knuckled under to a long list of exceedingly intrusive government demands regarding operation, production levels, prices, working conditions, et cetera. FDR and his thugocracy did all they could to discourage people from doing business with anyone who failed to climb aboard the Blue Eagle bandwagon.

The symbol was prominently displayed at GM and Chrysler dealerships, but at Ford dealerships, it was nowhere to be seen. Henry Ford derided the Blue Eagle as "Roosevelt's buzzard," and refused to allow bureauweenies to tell him how to run his company.

Today, Ford is the only Big Three company to resist "bailout" nationalization. Maybe there's only been one truly American car company all along.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 14, 2009 11:31 AM

Comments

That's a fantastic commercial and a great story about Henry Ford. Very inspiring!

I too have been thinking about buying a Ford next time, though I have been a GM customer for years, and for one of the reasons you state: it is the only American car company that didn't sell out.

Posted by: Stogie at July 14, 2009 11:46 AM

I've been a GM guy for years but the Pontiac G8 GT I'm currently driving will be my last GM vehicle. The next new car I buy will be a Mustang GT. I refuse to buy a car from Obama Motors.

Posted by: Reid at July 14, 2009 12:17 PM

Awww, you made me cry. I hate being such a sap.

Posted by: Nancy at July 14, 2009 12:39 PM

GM would stand for gone mexican, you'll soon see their eco frindley cars that run on refried beans!

Posted by: Bill at July 14, 2009 12:41 PM

I've seen that commercial before and it's the best. I've also been a blue blooded die hard Ford fan since I got my first Mustang in 1973. Several Mustangs, a Cobra, and all sorts of T-birds, minivans, and SUV's later, I still drive only Fords and I couldn't be more proud. I confess I did own a furin car for 5 years. It was a Jaguar, but they were owned by Ford at the time, so I could. GO FORD!!!

Posted by: blue oval guy at July 14, 2009 12:49 PM

They're still built by demorat-voting union slobs.

Don't get me wrong; I love my Lincoln, but just don't forget who still runs the show at Ford... My best friend moved out to Detroit to go to school, and his roommate is a network tech for Ford, and the horror stories that he's told me just from his own personal experience are mind-numbing. I'm amazed that Ford has survived. Its hard to imagine that the union slobbery could be any worse any where else.

Posted by: Black Helicopters at July 14, 2009 12:51 PM

There will be a reckoning with Ford and the UAW. When the rebates the Govt. offers to only GM and Chry. buyers and leaves Ford out of the mix, there will be a revolt among manufacturers as like none this country has ever seen. It was called the "Equalization of Opportunity Act" in Atlas Shrugged, watch for similar legislation from the looters in DC in the near future. Then watch as all hell breaks loose when people "go Galt", or in this case, "go Ford".

Posted by: Eric at July 14, 2009 1:09 PM

Farmer Tedmobile:2008 F-150 FX4
Mrs. Farmer Tedmobile:2008 Escape XLT
What can I say I bleed blue oval. :)

Posted by: Farmer Ted at July 14, 2009 1:10 PM

Simply Awesome

Posted by: R985wasp at July 14, 2009 1:17 PM

Great Ad.

And you've got that right Eric. Ford will out-compete Government Motors and UAW/Fiat.

And then the UAW and the State will try to crush them.

Posted by: forest at July 14, 2009 1:23 PM

My girl's from a GM family, but I can't fault her. I have a couple of Thunderbirds after my 86 Mustang stealth GT got wrecked. Wish I'd kept it; I could fix it now. Damn, that commercial made my eyes leak worse than my 84 leaks oil.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at July 14, 2009 1:26 PM

Henry Ford was a socialist and a big fan of the New Deal. Just saying.

Be a good capitalist and buy the best car on the market. Do that and neither the unions nor Government Motors will ever win your business.

Posted by: Sum Buddy at July 14, 2009 1:36 PM

Henry's dead, and GM and Chrysler have sold their souls. Your point is?

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at July 14, 2009 2:00 PM

The Stooge-in-Charge simply does not understand consumer choice as the driving force of our economy. I have owned GM pickups most my life. I will not buy another GM product. Doing so would be financial approval of this fiasco. In fact I am shopping around for a new truck and have visited only Ford dealers simply to support them for holding their stance against this idiocy. BTW, man those Kings Ranch F-150's are awesome.

Posted by: IOpian at July 14, 2009 2:11 PM

I like this because it allows one to speak in the only historical era that neoconservatives can ever speak of, WWII:

FDR was a thug and a weenie (yet presided over victory in WWII), and Henry Ford (the Nazi sympathizer and friend of Hitler) was some sort of tough patriot for bucking FDR, the weenie.

This is sort of ironic, becasue Henry Ford used to paranoidly confuse just about any gov't action as some sort of end of America apocalypse, and he thought the gov't was going to take over Ford.

I guess you guys finally got one of these WWII era "analogies" right. You are the Henry Fords of y our day.

Posted by: brs at July 14, 2009 2:33 PM

Excellent video. Made me cry. Especially poignant when the little boy at the baggage claim saluted him. This video really represents what America is all about. A nation of kind, thoughtful, hard working patriotic people who have good family values and love God and their country.

Many times people confuse kindness with weakness and take advantage of those who are nice to them. The days of Americans being a pushover and a sap to the pukes in government are on their way out. Like Uncle Ted said, don't tread on me.

Ford does make some kick-ass trucks. I may end up buying a Ford next time I buy a truck. Would hold my surfboard quite nicely on the way to the beach.

Posted by: Janet at July 14, 2009 2:41 PM

Posted by: V the K at July 14, 2009 3:01 PM

FDR was hoping Stalin would ask him to bend over just like Bambi did for Putin last week. Stalin had better things on his mind like murdering 150 million of his own people so that never happened. Instead, great minds like general Patton suggested to weenies like FDR to recruit the Germans into annihilating the red menace. Instead, we got 50 years of cold war and a generation of thankless, gutless, over educated snot nosed limousine Marxists like "brs."

Posted by: Anonymous at July 14, 2009 3:15 PM

A lot or most of American's are too fat & stupid to know what's going on. I live in a country of stupid people, no matter where I turn they are everywhere. These people (UAW worker) actually believe they deserve 65k a year to put a lug nut or install a pre-made seat in a car...

Posted by: Think at July 14, 2009 3:19 PM

Oh wow that was so wonderful!!!!

It made me cry the whole way through. At least there are still some companies that LOVE this country!!!

Posted by: Michelle at July 14, 2009 4:49 PM

Posted by: V the K at July 14, 2009 5:57 PM

Beautiful.

Posted by: Kevin R at July 14, 2009 6:37 PM

V the K:

"FDR didn't win World War II, brave soldiers and smart generals like Patton won WWII. But we know how the left is loathe to give the military credit for anything."

Reading comprehension problems? I said:

"FDR was a thug and a weenie (yet presided over victory in WWII)"

And that's simply historical fact (assuming one subscribes to such notions).

How does this not give the military (i.e., my family) credit? Are you taking credit away form the British military when you prop up Churchill?

Of course not. Only a paranoid nutcase can read into my comments some sort of lack of apprecitation for the military by my pointing out who was Commander in Chief at the time. As if the two are mutually exclusive....idiot.

Posted by: brs at July 14, 2009 9:21 PM

"Y'all have to realize, the thing that really got to brs was the inherent patriotism in the commercial. Patriotism to a moonbat is like a crucifix to a vampire."

Well that's wrong becasue I never watched the commercial - I just read the inane accompanying commentary and reacted to it.

You guys who wear your "patriotism" on your sleave are such fucking pricks. Like I have to share your political idiology to be patriotic. There's a little quiz to decide if your patriotic, and the only right answers are agreeing with you. How much hubris does that take? I wouldn't know. I'm not so small minded to give such a dictate to my fellow countrymen, you smelly prick.

YOu don't know what I've done, or how I feel.

And what have you done? Typed?

Posted by: brs at July 14, 2009 9:25 PM

AWESOME!

Posted by: bjinbelize at July 14, 2009 9:51 PM

Been a FORD buyer all my life.

Even before I could buy, we always ran FORDS on the farm and in business, and they lasted longer (Trucks).

Posted by: Oiao at July 14, 2009 10:09 PM

Oh, wow. Atlas didn't just shrug here. He threw the globe somewhere, not caring about what kind of punishment the gods could deal to him.

Posted by: Narrator 1 at July 15, 2009 12:49 AM

brs you need to learn some history yourself. FDR constantly ridiculed Churchhill at the big 3 meetings. He did it to get a laugh from Stalin at Churchill's expense. See FDR thought Stalin was just another politician like himself,he was wrong. Also before the Lend Lease Act FDR was promising Churchill,through secret channels, everything he asked for and then would go and tell the American people the complete opposite.FDR was a typical pos politician while Churchill was a leader of his country. By the way FDR died before the war ended and Patton wanted to take out the Russians because they were extremely weakened by the end of WWII. Instead we got 50 years of a Cold War,yeah politicians have our best interest at heart,don't they?

Posted by: Farmer Ted at July 15, 2009 4:46 AM

thank you... this is priceless .... and thanks to all you guys that were involved over there.

Posted by: jerry at July 15, 2009 11:53 AM

I've always been a Chevy gal, but considering their current circumstances, NO WAY. I THINK I'LL BUY A FORD!!

Posted by: Tess at July 15, 2009 2:29 PM

Great ad. Makes me glad I have a Ford, even though I am British.

Posted by: Richard at July 15, 2009 7:02 PM

I'd buy a Ford now, for the reasons cited here, but let's not get carried away w/ selective memory

I would have boycotted Ford when The Old Man was distributing The International Jew and The Dearborn Independent

and I had a '78 Mustang II - a Pinto-in-drag POS

Posted by: neindoch at July 23, 2009 2:38 PM

i would never buy anything but a ford had a crown vic.got 30+mpg on the hwy my wife tried a subaru one time a peace of junk and still only got 23 mpg what would you like to ride best.people are crazy.

Posted by: paul at August 7, 2009 6:03 PM