« Comrade Obama's Birth Certificate for Sale on eBay | Main | Some Animals Are Less Equal Than Others »

July 3, 2009

Under Obama Regime, America Now Backs Tyranny Against Liberty

Possibly the most shameful and heartbreaking aspect of the Obama presidency is that until it is finally over, America — which has sacrificed so much blood around the world in defense of liberty — is now on the side of tyranny.

When Hugo Chavez wannabe Manuel Zelaya tried to set himself up as a socialist dictator in Honduras, he was thankfully slapped back into place by Hondurans who want to continue to live in a democracy. Shockingly, the same Comrade Obama who didn't want to get involved by speaking out against Ahmadinejad's thugs shooting women in the streets of Iran came out promptly and strongly on the side of Zelaya. The liberal media that installed Obama in office has unsurprisingly followed suit, by ignoring the story or by mischaracterizing it as a military coup, despite the legislative and judiciary branches acting in unanimous opposition to Zelaya's unconstitutional attempt to do away with term limits.

Hondurans don't appreciate it. Via Flopping Aces:

honduras-no-coup.jpg

Here are some more Hondurans expressing their wish for freedom and peace:

hondurans-for-freedom.jpg

The American government is officially on the side of this opposition:

honduran-communist-1.jpg

honduran-communist-2.jpg

Obama and his supporters have brought me as close as I've ever come to being ashamed to be American.

On tips from J.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 3, 2009 7:55 AM

Comments

For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed to be an American.

Posted by: Dwaine at July 3, 2009 8:18 AM

Yeah. The opposite of what his ho michelle said. The total opposite for me. Anybody got any Honduran blogs lined up where we can tell them this? Gonna go look. Damn this makes me sad.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at July 3, 2009 8:33 AM

by supporting Ahmadinejad and Zelaya, Obama is setting precedents to gain support for when we try to throw him out of office........

please note - my spell checker does not recognize Ahmadinejad,Zelaya,or Obama ...............

Posted by: blue at July 3, 2009 8:55 AM

I'll fly it again when we have an American as POTUS.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at July 3, 2009 8:56 AM

Whoever thought there would come a time when the President of the USA would be the head cheerleader of wannabe leftist dictators? There was a time when Democrat Presidents said things like this about totalitarian socialist regimes:

Posted by: Anonymous at July 3, 2009 9:03 AM

Throw a few firecrackers under that ugly CHE flag and set it ablaze

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at July 3, 2009 9:07 AM

"I've had an American flag flying outside my house for years until Jan 19 2009, when I took it down and folded it neatly and put it in the coat closet.
I'll fly it again when we have an American as POTUS."

I turned mine upside down on 20Jan09 and it will stay that way until Barry The Usurper is no longer allowed to desecrate the office of the Presidency.

Posted by: single stack at July 3, 2009 9:07 AM

It's becoming more obvious every day that Obama's various country-specific policies (Iran, Israel, Egypt, Honduras, UK, etc.) are not part of any "strategy" at all, but just a strong orientation toward getting in bed with America's enemies and adversaries, and distance ourselves from friends and allies. I honestly do not know how we are going to get through 3.5 more years of this, or what the world will look like at the back end of it.

Posted by: mega at July 3, 2009 9:33 AM

And speaking of which, Iran is going to put British embassy personnel on trial; France is trying to stick up for the British, and where is the US in this? US to block new sanctions on Iran

Posted by: mega at July 3, 2009 9:35 AM

send the village idiot back to kenya he does not
belong in the U.S.A.

Posted by: F.T.D.- at July 3, 2009 11:35 AM

I will NEVER be ashamed of America!

However I sure am ashamed and embarassed by all of those who come here or were born here and have no idea what being an American is.

My country is the most wonderful place on earth regardless of it's flaws.

Their country is a wretched, unfair, and hateful place.

I sure wish "those" people actually knew where they were and what they are trying to give up and destroy...

Posted by: Michelle at July 3, 2009 11:42 AM

For shame, liberal media...for shame. Just when I thought CNN could not stoop any lower.

Posted by: SK at July 3, 2009 12:04 PM

Don't be ashamed to be an American because being an American isn't the problem. The true shame is on those who blindly voted for "Hope and Change" and gave us instead a vapid, self-absorbed and narcisstic apologist for dictators and thugs.

2010 is around the corner for when we can begin to mitigate the damage of the Incompitent One.

Posted by: ChicagoBlood at July 3, 2009 12:26 PM

He's getting raked over the coals in the blogosphere, no matter what the MSM says. I wonder what this will do to that Hispanic "base" the demos always count on?

Posted by: Karin at July 3, 2009 12:58 PM

Fellow conservatives and libertarians, we can never be too ashamed to be Americans, even in today's dark times, if not for the blessings we all have to be thankful for with our families, but for the hope and faith in those yet to come to us and our children through the providence of a loving and forgiving Father God. Remember those generations who came before us, those forefathers like Washington, Jefferson and Franklin, who revolted against tyranny, and the millions of service men and women who have shed their blood for the cause of liberty and their hope for this country. They faced far worse of tyrants than the ones we have to deal with today, those tyrants had their rise and fall, and so will the current ones. We will get through this mess, together as Americans, and I believe we'll do so much better than the ones who were duped by Hopey Change. Have a grand Fourth of July, and reflect on what those before you have done ... and keep hope alive and your conservatism strong.

And ... have fun and few laughs on the 4th, because, as Ronald Reagan said:

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

Posted by: ZMarshall at July 3, 2009 1:04 PM

Posted by: Jon at July 3, 2009 2:26 PM

The Honduran people will be a model for Americans in 2016.

Posted by: Fiberal at July 3, 2009 4:19 PM

When I die I'm gonna tell Jesus everything about this administration. Not that I have to but, you know, it'll just feel right. Plus the ensuing visuals should be pretty justifying.

Posted by: Corona at July 3, 2009 4:38 PM

It's times like this when I wish we Americans were NOT as civilized as we are.

Hopey McChange goes to talk with forigne dictators and the first thing they ask him is "Did you bring your shoe-shine box, BOY?"

Posted by: KHarn at July 3, 2009 4:38 PM

I am proud to be an AMERICAN!!!

I am however, ashamed of our leadership and the stupid liberal socialist losers that put these asshole in control of the country.

That's right all you liberal trollsout there. You are poor examples of what it is to be an American.

Please move to another country.

Posted by: Dave at July 3, 2009 5:13 PM

To HONDURUS dont hold your breath hoping that the COMMUNISTS NEWS NETWORK will ever tell the truth youll turn blue in the face

Posted by: Flu-Bird at July 3, 2009 9:08 PM

i'm so proud to be an american.thak god for obama

Posted by: carl jacobsen at July 3, 2009 9:22 PM

I can see that most of you only feel like an American when the world acts according to your views. Well like it or not Hondurans elected this President. Now since you all are such liberty loving people, how can you condone the manner in which he was removed? Since his attempted at cicumventing the term limits had to go befor eth people, isn't tha the way it should be. Also, I guess the OAS has it wrong also.

Finally to those of you who have decided to put you flags away, you might as wellkeep them away forever as your flags flying is just another hollow self serviing empty patriotic jester.

Posted by: Shivav726 at July 3, 2009 9:46 PM

Shivav, we like to call it the "Rule of Law." It's something you should look up sometime if you actually give a crap about the law.

Posted by: Scaramouche at July 3, 2009 11:52 PM

I'm not close to being ashamed of being American. I am however banana clip level fed-up with this administration, congress, and their enablers. They are not America.

Posted by: TRKOF at July 4, 2009 6:59 AM

"Shivav726 at July 3, 2009 9:46 PM"

It did go to a vote, but the DICTATOR told his followers to ATTACK THE MILITARY BASE where the votes were stored by order of the Honduran courts. Why do you CONDONE this?

Posted by: Anonymous at July 4, 2009 7:41 AM

"Anonymous at July 4, 2009 7:41 AM"

Forgot to log in.

Posted by: KHarn at July 4, 2009 7:42 AM

Let the deposed Honduran President return, then let the Honduran Congress impeach him and boot him out again - this time, naked.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 4, 2009 9:23 AM

Allah bless Obama!

His uncontrolled spending will destroy the USA and he will also help Latin American Socialists to subvert democracy.

This Honduras side show will allow us to forget about the struggle for democracy in Iran so we can foster a meaningful dialog with the Iranian Mullahs for a sustainable future.

Now if we could just find a final solution to the white problem...

Posted by: Good Liberal at July 5, 2009 5:56 AM

A little insight into the constitutional basis for this so-called "coup" in Honduras:
The author is a Honduran lawyer and government official. To paraphrase, his take is that most of the Honduran constitution is subject to amendment, but not the part about term limits. It even has an immediate "eject button" written in for anybody who tries to challenge that clause. So, in short, the Honduran court and military followed the rule of law by instantly giving Zelaya the boot.

Posted by: PabloD at July 5, 2009 9:27 AM

Something from someone else, many years ago:-

Life springs from death; and from the graves of patriot men and women spring living nations.
The Defenders of this Realm have worked well in secret and in the open. They think that they have pacified Ireland.
They think that they have purchased half of us and intimidated the other half. They think that they have foreseen everything, think that they have provided against everything; but the fools, the fools, the fools! — they have left us our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace

Posted by: Jim at July 5, 2009 3:26 PM