« An Alternative to Ford | Main | Open Thread »

July 14, 2009

Green Jobs Czar Van Jones Is a Communist and Black Nationalist

John Holdren — the guy who wanted to put a sterilizing agent in our water supply and is now in charge of federal science policy — is hardly the only dangerous radical to attain "Czar" status in the Obama regime. NewsBusters reports:

The administration's "Green Jobs" czar, Van Jones, has a "very checkered past" deep-rooted in radical politics, including black nationalism, anarchism, and communism. The broadcast network newscasts have mostly failed to report on Mr. Jones's past political affiliations which are lock-step with the network's downplay of coverage regarding President Obama's associations with the former radical and terrorist William Ayers during the election.

Jones is a San Francisco extremist who admits to having been "radicalized in jail." Phil Kerpen of Americans for Prosperity draws the clear parallel between Jones' communist and environmentalist advocacy:

I think it's pretty instructive what his past is… it's the same sort of philosophy, the idea that government ought to be reordering society in accordance with some utopian vision that failed with communism and socialism, and will fail with this green jobs idea.

Jones views environmental activism as a means to advance the ultra-left's Orwellian notion of "justice." He has referred to himself not only as a "communist," but as a "rowdy black nationalist."

What kind of "Czars" did you think would be appointed by someone whose worldview was molded by Frank Marshall Davis, Jeremiah Wright, and Bill Ayers?

Our country is now being run by people who have made a godless religion out of hating everything it stands for. Unsurprisingly, they are destroying it before our eyes.

van-jones.jpg
Another evil kook evades Congressional approval by becoming a "Czar."

On a tip from J.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 14, 2009 12:01 PM

Comments

Jesus Christ! How can we make this shit STOP??

Posted by: Karin at July 14, 2009 12:25 PM

My head hurts.

Posted by: MoogieP at July 14, 2009 12:28 PM

...yea, what Karin said...

Posted by: draen at July 14, 2009 1:01 PM

Good God. Zero technical or business experience, but he is black, and a Red, so that makes up for it, apparently.

I Googled this nitwit and found a profile in Time written by...wait for it...Leonardo DiCaprio, another noted engineer.

I knew we shouldn't have followed the white rabbit down the rabbit hole. I knew it!

Posted by: Jay Guevara at July 14, 2009 1:02 PM

he was radicalized in jail? How often does someone go from jail to high positions in government?

maybe Charles Manson could be 'The Family Czar'
after all he has experience with the family.

Posted by: mmmmmBurgers at July 14, 2009 1:07 PM

So what if he's a bolshevik and an ex-con?

Any criticism will constitute racism.

Posted by: forest at July 14, 2009 1:20 PM

Just another notch in Obama's rogues gallery of radicals who despise everything this country was founded on and capitalism. Damn shame they keep thinking that they can actually make communism work (i.e. that the USSR just didn't do it the right way). At least this person is intellectually honest enough to admit that he is avowed COMMUNIST, unlike most of the scurrilous cockroaches of the current administration including Dear Leader, who, with their worshiping MSM drooling over every word, spew that they believe in American ideals and bristle when you question their patriotism.

"Jones was a founder and leader of Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), a multi-racial activist organization with heavy Marxist influences.

Speaking to the East Bay Express, Jones said he first became radicalized in the wake of the 1992 Rodney King riots, during which time he was arrested.

"I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," he said. "By August, I was a communist." [17]

"I met all these young radical people of color – I mean really radical: communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary," he said.

Having started his career as a staunch critic of capitalism, by the late 1990s Jones's views were evolving."

In his book The $$$$Green Collar Economy, Jones bemoans that oil, natural gas, and coal are allegedly "fast-diminishing nonrenewable resources," despite the fact that we have enough domestic natural gas resources, including new discoveries, to last for decades. As supplies disappear (read, as Leftists hamstring US domestic energy development and drilling), the price of energy climbs and nearly everything becomes more expensive. With costs and unemployment soaring (and continues down a dark path thanks to wasteful Spendulus bills and punitive tax policies), the economy stalls. Not only that, when we burn these fuels, the greenhouse gases they create overheat the atmosphere (and if you don't accept that you will be prosecuted and reeducated). As the political powerhungry and green profiteers like Gore cry out -- climate chaos looms over us, the sky is falling, the sky is falling, we need cap and tax now. The bottom line is that Gore's ilk and their allies in the MSM who would like to see a one world communist government (ruled by an elite politburo including, of course, Gore, Obama, Soros, and the czars, who know better how to handle the world's resources than the common folk) and want to continue to dupe the dupes in America into believeing: we cannot drill and burn our way out of these dual dilemmas. Oil and gas are bad. Healthcare is broken. Everyone must turn in their SUV's and take mass transit. We must "fix" the healthcare system. Crisis and alarm. Blah blah blah.

Jones has never had to run a business or meet a payroll in his affirmative action-enhanced life. He can pontificate all he wants to sell more books to the same old fools who read the dribble and drink the cool-aid, but where are all those green jobs now that we need them? What is actually going to create them? Why would they exist?

Posted by: GhostofJournalism at July 14, 2009 1:22 PM

These "Czars" are getting more than ridicules. They're getting downright DANGEROUS.

What the hell can be done about this??

Posted by: Fuzzlenutter at July 14, 2009 1:22 PM

Someone needs to let Obama know that it's alright to appoint non-blacks to these positions. ACORN will let a few things slide. He needs to keep in mind that he has a lock on that 12% of voters and needs to avoid alienating the other 88% with his racist tendencies.

Posted by: IOpian at July 14, 2009 1:33 PM

Yanno, if we weren't more civilized, we would know an enemy like this when we see it, and know what to do about it, but then it's our civilization that they count on, and use against us, just like the ACLU uses our own rules to undermine us.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at July 14, 2009 1:37 PM

IOpian,
Just by noting the 88%, YOU ARE RACIST. This is merely affirmative action in government. And like it or not, He is QUALIFIED. After all, he wrote a book with "Green" in the title. What more do you want?

Posted by: codekeyguy at July 14, 2009 1:42 PM

Does anyone still wonder why gun and ammo sales are at record highs?

Break out the fife and drum boys!

Posted by: Son of Taz at July 14, 2009 1:50 PM

A Kommisar straight from central casting.

Not only is this administration shaping up to be the most destructive to the country of any in our history, it is quickly becoming a stereotypical parady

Posted by: JustAl at July 14, 2009 1:51 PM

Codekeyguy,

Thanks for pulling me back onto the path of social justice... please do not let ACORN know I have fallen from the 'right path'. I just need to learn to live with my racism.

Posted by: IOpian at July 14, 2009 1:54 PM

Pigment Approved!

Posted by: AWO at July 14, 2009 2:31 PM

And what exactly is the purpose of this "Green Jobs Czar", besides destroying American industry and crippling the economy further?

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at July 14, 2009 2:32 PM

Green Jobs Czar Van Jones Is a Communist and Black Nationalist

You say that like it's a bad thing. /g

Posted by: Jay Guevara at July 14, 2009 2:47 PM

"Black nationalism" always amuses me. Blacks have their own countries now. Which one would they like to live in? RSA? Zimbabwe? Sudan?

What black nationalists really want is to live in a white country that caters to them. They don't actually want to live in a black country run by blacks, because if they did, they wouldn't be here now.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at July 14, 2009 2:51 PM

Who is John Galt?

Posted by: Eric at July 14, 2009 3:05 PM

It's becoming apparent that it's too late to just vote them out. The left is so prevalent in all our institutions that only a French revolution style solution will work. I say this half in jest, but if you read any comments section in these blogs, you see many people feel this way.
Sad.

Posted by: oldguy at July 14, 2009 3:38 PM

“If it weren’t for your people I’d still be in Africa. Gorgeous, politically stable Africa.” – Tracey Jordan

Posted by: AWO at July 14, 2009 4:37 PM

Has any of the left been able to wake up to the fact that BO is an Afro-centricist who wallows in racism?
Or does the racist edict still hold for liberals that blacks cannot be 'racists' because they were the victims of racism?

I imagine a lot of the left applaud both that BO is a race-mongering communist as well as the filthy race-mongering scumbags he surrounds himself with.

This is expected of BO and the left. What gets to me is how the republican establishment is letting it happen. They crumpled for Ruth Hater Ginsberg and they will crumple for Sotomayor.

We're seeing the modern version of 'Chamberlain and Adolf' starring the republican party and BO.

Posted by: Fiberal at July 14, 2009 4:53 PM

Are these shit head Czars even constitutional?

Posted by: Dave at July 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Lets not forget his book being provided as "required reading" on a Marxist website...

I love "I told ya so" moments...

Posted by: Buffoon at July 14, 2009 6:03 PM

@ Karin and Moogie...... none dare say it out loud.. but it happened once in the 1700's...

Posted by: Buffoon at July 14, 2009 6:05 PM

And you wonder why I pray for the asteroid.

I don't see any other way out of this sh*t.

Is there any consolation in witnessing the destruction of the United States as we knew it? I'm really not happy about seeing this great Nation brought down from within. Our children and grandchildren won't give a rat's rectum about "history"...they'll be too busy working as serfs to pay this government's debt to the nations of the world.

Posted by: Sylvia at July 14, 2009 6:31 PM

I don't get it. Just what exactly do these American Czars do? What is their actual function?

Posted by: Kevin R at July 14, 2009 6:42 PM

mmmmmBurgers....it seems great minds do think alike....LOL.

Posted by: christmasghost at July 14, 2009 6:44 PM

You seem to have the wrong John Holdren.

Perhaps a bit of basic researchb efore flying off the handle next time?

Posted by: Tony at July 14, 2009 7:03 PM

Wrong John Holdren? What do you mean?

Posted by: J at July 14, 2009 7:17 PM

Ha! Charlie's ears must be burning.

I bookmarked your website, christmasghost.

Posted by: mmmmmBurgers at July 14, 2009 7:33 PM

We COULD put a stop to this that would make the T. E. A. Parties look like, well, a tea party. It's beyond me why we Conservatives don't take our guns (while we still have them) and round up all Liberals/criminals/communists and put THEM in the re-education camps.

"Any criticism will constitute racism."

We as citizens need to speak out anyway (dissension is patriotic, remember) every chance we get; and the Republicans and/or Conservatives in Congress need to grow a spine and put a stop to this shite too. The Left is counting on us to back down for fear of being labeled a racist.

"What did you do to stop the destruction of America, Mommy/Daddy?"

"Why I held picket signs at the corner of Main Street for a couple of hours."

Posted by: Nunya at July 14, 2009 7:35 PM

Thanks mmmmmBurgers.....always appreciated!

Posted by: christmasghost at July 14, 2009 8:03 PM

Has anyone else noticed that this guy looks amazingly like Michael Steele?

Posted by: Darrel at July 14, 2009 9:05 PM

He looks like DR ZINN the villian in the old JOHNNY QUEST cartoons

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at July 14, 2009 9:10 PM

They all look the same to me.

Posted by: Sen. Robert Byrd at July 14, 2009 10:18 PM

Damn, the only criminal record I've got is a couple of speeding tickets and late tax returns. No jail time spent after being arrested for rioting, no communist or anarchist connections, nothing.

I don't think I'm qualified for a czar job in the Obama administration.

Posted by: mandible claw at July 14, 2009 10:19 PM

Seems to me history repeats itself, maybe not exactly, but close enough. Our Presidents from George Washington to Abraham Lincoln would roll over in their graves if they could see what we have let happen. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, even Henry Ford warned us about this. Government has WAY too much power. The FED has WAY too much power. If this keeps up our money will be as worthless as the paper it is printed on if it isn´t already. It will be the One Sate of the FED. I think even Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee would rollover in their graves too, no States rights. To think that my grandchildren might grow up in a communist country that will persecute them for their moral and religious beliefs is horrid, sickening and frightening, they might be safer living in Israel where bombings are an everyday occurence (too bad our family didn´t stay Jewish). People just keep falling for that silver tongue. Ok, enough said, I have to keep erasing to not get too political or religious but it is in my blood. It is just that there is not anymore Continents to discover and...there I go again getting too political and religious...PS you can´t re-educate Godless, immoral know-it-alls. I am just afraid it is not going to get better and I am afraid of how bad it is going to get. Pray for Mercy!

Posted by: bjinbelize at July 14, 2009 10:45 PM

You seem to have the wrong John Holdren.
Perhaps a bit of basic researchb efore flying off the handle next time?

You seem to think this post is about John Holdren.

Perhaps you should become literate before you attempt another comment?

Posted by: cowlove at July 15, 2009 6:23 AM

For some reason, I don't think the news media would have been so quiet if Bush had appointed a man with, say, a Nazi past to ANY position.

Posted by: Wannabe Anglican at July 15, 2009 7:57 AM

The troll is an embarrasment to his kind.

This seems like the kind of thing that Mark Levin would go after with his legal foundation. These czars are definitely not constitutional and are creating a shadow government unaccountable to nobody. Nobody squawked when a miscellaneous drug czar or some such was hired; it was just one guy or two. This is a whole re-writing of the foundation of our country.

Posted by: Karin at July 15, 2009 7:59 AM

GREEN Greedy,Repulsive,Evil,Evotionist,Nasty

Posted by: Flu-Bird at July 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Can we start the fukkin' revolution NOW??!!??

Or are we waiting for the `toilet flush czar'

or the re-use your condom czar ...

Where's a damn errant asteroid when you need one?

Posted by: Maggie at July 15, 2009 2:13 PM

"Our Presidents from George Washington to Abraham Lincoln would roll over in their graves if they could see what we have let happen.
"Posted by: bjinbelize at July 14, 2009 10:45 PM"

Lincoln was a firm believer in the federal government bossing all other governments. He also violated the Constitution, supported the New Englanders who violated the Constitution and had the army administer loyaty oaths to THE LINCOLN ADMINISTRATION from southern civilians at gunpoint.

Lincoln would APPROVE of the crap going on today.

Posted by: KHarn at July 15, 2009 6:54 PM

Robert A. Heinlein wrote, "Avoid strong drink. It can cause you to shoot at tax collectors .. and miss."

Posted by: Bud at July 16, 2009 1:55 PM

I served my country in a time of war. (Vietnam)
I am also from the South. I don't believe in what the No-bama admisistration is doing along with about 60 percent of the What's left of Americans with testicles or intestinal fortitude. I was in Church Sunday morning and had to leave after hearing the preacher say aomething about radio talk show listeners that are right wing extremists. I didn't stick around to hear the rest of the sermon. Does anyone out there get my drift? I am so afraid that it is too late ladies and gentlemen. All that we have left to do now is "talk and be told what we are going to say and do!" Laugh but we will definitely have to take the country back now for real! Some of you will lable me a domestic terriorist and probably report me to the Homeland Security section of the government for saying what I just said but I guess that is what we do now is tell on each other right? Oh well! It would be a badge of honor for this administration to lable me a domestic terriorist.

Posted by: John Morgan (Sam Davis @ Heart) at July 20, 2009 7:29 PM

It is time for us to exercise the 1st Amendment....RIGHT to peaceable assemby on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. We need to March on Washington peacefully AND get out point across. The so called "peoples" politicians are too scarced so it is up to us!!!

ENOUGH of Oboma and his "people" running OUR County. If we don't start speaking out now, it will be too late.

I have realized that I was in shock these past 6 months because I to my core NEVER thought a President could get this far. But he has and he is!

Posted by: Rita at July 30, 2009 4:09 PM

What's the source? I keep hearing he's a "self avowed communist" but I haven't seen where he said this.

It seems like PHIL KERPEN called him a communist and a black nationalist with no source.

Posted by: Steve at July 31, 2009 4:23 PM

The whole story of Van Jones is here:

Unbelievable. The writing is on the wall but we refuse to see it. It seems so bizarre to be true.

Posted by: CatPaqFINALLY at August 1, 2009 1:21 PM

"Jesus Christ! How can we make this shit STOP??"

Answer: We can make it stop if everyone would get behind the birth certificate effort! A doc that appears to be Obama's Kenyan bc has surfaced. Put your energies and complaining into getting this Chicago street hustler kicked out of the WH by requiring him to prove he's eligible. It's the quickest way to get our country back on the road to recovery! Go here for more info:

"Any criticism will constitute racism."

Of course, you are right. That's why Obama was selected 20 years ago by those who've waited all these years, patiently, for just the right black person to capture the WH and take America down. A black person can get away with murder - for the simple reason no one will protest for fear of being labeled a racist.

"Are these shit head Czars even constitutional?"

Not only are they not constitutional, they have no oversight, and are allowed to bypass Congress!

Posted by: KBB at August 3, 2009 10:31 PM

I think the poster who talked about protesting on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has it right.

If we could repeat the black's million man march, except actually marshal together a million angry citizens, then the media and the President could no longer ignore us. The problem will be that a group like this will not be granted a permit to assemble. That would probably be the hardest part of making this happen.

Posted by: conserve56 at August 5, 2009 10:53 AM

It does not surprise me that President Obama would enlist a man such as Van Jones. President Obama told us he is christian. The evidence indicates he is muslim. You cannot be christian and muslim at the same time.
With Van Jones and other characters, the Healthcare Reform would bring trillions of dollars and give the Obama Regime alot of authority. No communist environment management or healthcare please.

I don't support the healthcare reform, I don't want government heading up my healthcare and I don't believe in the go-green-the-sky-is- falling.

Posted by: Harold R. Huffman at August 13, 2009 11:45 AM

This is what happens when someone who is either a muslim or a far left socialis tells the people he is a middle of the road guy. and they believe him.
As a Veteran, that served during the cold war, I am mortified that a ex-con communist is a czar in the obama white house. Someone wake me up from this nightmare

Posted by: Anonymous at August 14, 2009 10:40 AM

Healthcare reform is just another way to spend gajillions more ` thereby plummeting our economy further into depression and rendering us totally impotent. His money man, Soros hates the US and so does his student, Barack. WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE, GUYS.

Posted by: 4 chess at August 16, 2009 8:53 AM