« Sarah Palin Killed Jacko! | Main | Separated at Birth? »

July 8, 2009

Applied Obamunism in Shreveport

You don't have to go to Detroit for a preview of America's statist Third World future. Shreveport, Louisiana offers a glimpse:

Just ask Shreveport resident Robert Baillio, who got pulled over for having two pro-gun bumper stickers on the back of his truck — and had his gun confiscated.
While the officer who pulled him over says Baillio failed to use his turn signal, the only questions he had for Baillio concerned guns: Whether he had a gun, where the gun was, and if he was a member of the NRA. No requests for a driver's license, proof of insurance, or vehicle registration — and no discussion of a turn signal.
Accordingly, Baillio told the officer the truth, which led the police officer to search his car without permission and confiscate his gun.
However, not only does Louisiana law allow residents to drive with loaded weapons in their vehicles, but Mr. Baillio possessed a concealed carry license!
What does such behavior demonstrate, other than transparent political profiling — going so far as to use the infamous Department of Homeland Security report on "Americans of a rightwing persuasion" as a how-to guidebook, no less?
Mr. Baillio made no secret of his political affiliations: An American flag centers a wide flourish of pro-freedom stickers and decals on his back windshield.
In fact, when Baillio asked the officer if everyone he pulls over gets the same treatment, the officer said no and pointed to the back of his truck.
Baillio phoned Mayor Glover to complain about this "suspension of rights" only to find that his city's morbidly obese "commander in chief" was elated at the story: According to Glover, Baillio got "served well, protected well, and even got a consideration that maybe [he] should not have gotten."

At this rate we'll soon look back nostalgically at the days when guys like Baillio only had their guns confiscated, instead of disappearing into reeducation camps.

cedric-glover.jpg
Cedric Glover, Shreveport's Commander in Chief.

On a tip from Viking04.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 8, 2009 7:57 AM

Comments

Fats Glover wont think its so funny when they get sued over this. Neither will the taxpayers when they end up footing the bill for lawsuit.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 8, 2009 8:05 AM

looks like Cedric needs to spend time in fat camp before he gets covered by the Obamacare free medical plan

Posted by: blue at July 8, 2009 8:09 AM

Hmm, direct violation of the 2nd amendment. Shreveport (AL?) is a little too far from here. I wonder if there are any legal gun toting Texans nearby who would like to just drive around town for a bit.

Posted by: Eric at July 8, 2009 8:10 AM

Yeah, the municipality is going to be in a big jam if that story is accurate.

Better subpoena that dash cam recording soon, or it might disappear like one of Stalin's former friends.

Posted by: forest at July 8, 2009 8:12 AM

Gee, I wonder if the ACLU will take the case of this person whose 2nd and 4th Amendment rights have been so grievously violated. Or are they too busy defending NAMBLA?

Posted by: V the K at July 8, 2009 8:18 AM

Affirmative action has always helped to spread ignorance.

Posted by: J at July 8, 2009 8:34 AM

oh great - put the oompa-loompa's in charge!

Posted by: nancz at July 8, 2009 8:59 AM

Brown shirts are here...

Posted by: Henry at July 8, 2009 9:03 AM

Just wondering what Robert's race is? White? Black? Indian? Turkish?

Posted by: timajin at July 8, 2009 9:10 AM

Ugh...I have to remember not to bring my lunch to this site.

What a sack of rancid, greasy adipose crap.

Posted by: Fiberal at July 8, 2009 9:16 AM

To Forest: The ACLU's version of the Constitution doesn't have a 2nd or 4th amendment

Posted by: Son of Taz at July 8, 2009 9:19 AM

The problem is rooted in the fact that we were to told to respect the blacks and unlike every other group in this country they did not work to earn it (or really much else)

Posted by: Andrew at July 8, 2009 9:46 AM

There have been a lot of extra cops roaming around my area, Beaver, PA. I've gotten pulled over once but the guy let me go without a ticket. Everywhere I look there's a 5-0 driving by. I don't feel safer, not at all. I know that when I need them they are no where, but when it comes to arresting me they will use any reason they can find.

Posted by: Patrick Britton at July 8, 2009 10:52 AM

Mr Baillio should be allwed to file big lawsuit against the city and especaly that fat bloated buzzard this is a consitutional case

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at July 8, 2009 11:23 AM

Who knew that "Baby Doc" was here in the US?

Posted by: christmasghost at July 8, 2009 12:02 PM

I've been to Shreveport. If you stay in the "designated corridors" which include the Casinos, I-80 corridor, and a few “non-diverse” areas, it has all the appearance of a normal town. Get away from those corridors you see people living in some of the worst squalor I have ever witnessed in any American city. Within walking distance (west) of the downtown/casino district it looks like Haiti; a myriad of shacks built on stilts with no utilities.

That’s your travelogue for today.

Posted by: Jimbo at July 8, 2009 3:19 PM

Andrew, only an individual can earn or lose respect. Respect is not a function of ethnicity, race, nationality, or anything but what one is as a human being. I was never told to respect or disrespect anyone on the basis of race. If you were, you should forget that bit of advice quickly and judge a man as a man.

Back to the post, I'll be interested to see how this turns out. As it is, it sounds like this guy's got a monumental case on his hands. Any day now I'm sure the ACLU will surely call him asking for the chance to represent his interests.

Posted by: cowlove at July 8, 2009 5:13 PM

Heh, "...I'm sure the ACLU will surely call him..."

Posted by: cowlove at July 8, 2009 5:17 PM

This is what it will be like to be ruled by blacks. Don't we have enough examples from countries around the world to conferm this?

Posted by: oldguy at July 9, 2009 8:24 AM

And that concludes our White Guilt PSA for today.

Brought to you by cowlove: White Man with a Christ Complex.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 9, 2009 6:08 PM

And that concludes our White Guilt PSA for today.

???

It's common sense you dunce. Race has nothing to do with respect. I can see where you'd disagree though, what with your rush to label me a white man and apparently disrespect me on that basis. ;)

Posted by: cowlove at July 10, 2009 5:36 AM

If that guy wins the country is going to Hell in a handbag. The guy got his gun back at the end of the stop. The cop even told him nice gun. Since when was it wrong for an officer to make sure that he is safe? If you saw the real video you would see what happened. Apparently you would rather a cop take a chance at getting shot then the poor man having a ten minute right violation. Get a grip. Have you been to Shreveport? You don't take chances. We are in the South; most people have guns!!

Posted by: michelle at August 10, 2009 1:34 PM