« Rowan Williams' Fresh Expressions of Moonbattery | Main | Media Erases Chairman Zero's Single-Payer Slip »

June 18, 2009

Ratings Sink as ABC News Degenerates Into Arm of Obamination Administration

How is it possible? No one watches the servile government propaganda passed off by ABC as news? Knowing this can't be right, ABC has demanded a probe into evening news ratings:

ABC News is crying foul over a report that says "World News" most likely had its smallest audience ever.
The network has asked Nielsen Media Research to investigate. The company initially reported that a little more than 4 million people watched "World News" last Friday, the first night of the digital switch over.
Usually, more than 7 million watch the ABC broadcast on Fridays. ABC says a drop-off from the average could have been expected, especially given the slow summer season, but a disappearance of 3 million people didn't make any sense.

Here's a clue: people don't like being fed BS by government apparatchiks. ABC News will be operating out of the White House to help sell Comrade Obama's socialized medicine power grab, and throwing all subtlety to the winds, not only won't let Republican views be heard in their coverage, but won't even accept paid advertising from those who resist the nationalization of the healthcare industry.

Would Soviet Russians have gotten their news from Pravda if they had had access to Fox News? A federal "bailout" of FNC is becoming inevitable.

ao.jpg

On tips from kate and Gregory of Yardale.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 18, 2009 7:23 AM

Comments

I hope it happens two all of the major lying news outlets the citiezens are tired of the bias and lying from their dirty lying journalists

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at June 18, 2009 7:38 AM

This is why I left the Episcopal (or as it is known to the orthodox - Episco-tarian) church all those years ago. Pathetic.

Posted by: harrison at June 18, 2009 7:39 AM

If ABC is surprised, then it doesn't know which year it's living in. I don't even have access to the networks, I have just satellite. More and more people are going to the webz for news. Anybody with a brain doesn't really want to feel like a spoonfed robot.

Posted by: Karin at June 18, 2009 7:44 AM

WHAT! No one wants to watch the "State" TV...with Bagdad Bob Gibbs.

Posted by: TED at June 18, 2009 7:44 AM

Shouldn't that be a federal bailout of ABC is becomong inevitable?

Posted by: single stack at June 18, 2009 7:47 AM

"Anybody with a brain doesn't really want to feel like a spoonfed robot."

The numbers are out, 21% fit that catagory possibly more.

Posted by: TED at June 18, 2009 7:47 AM

The way Barry is whining about FNC I doubt they get a bailout...they're on the hit list.

Posted by: TED at June 18, 2009 7:49 AM

Here is a tip ABC: Drudge/Rush/Sean/Boortz/Michael S/Michael B/Dennis Miller/Ingram/Malken/AoS/Hot A/Moon B/

All reported on your future debut at the White House. There are many Republicans and Conservatives that actually try to get opposing view points, my mother for instance (for reasons I cannot explain) watches ABC every night; after hearing of this coming debalce even she is finally fed up.

Posted by: Travis at June 18, 2009 7:51 AM

"The numbers are out, 21% fit that catagory possibly more.

Posted by: TED at June 18, 2009 7:47 AM"

Cartman: Well, Kyle, 25% of the US population believes that the government was responsible for 9/11....are you saying that 25% of the US population is retarded?

Kyle: Yeah, pretty much.

Posted by: forest at June 18, 2009 7:54 AM

Losing 3 million viewers is pretty credible. The media age of a network news viewer is what, 68? That would mean most of their demo is in the deomographic least likely to have the technical proficiency to handle a digital upgrade.

The only people worth more than a cup of warm spit at ABC are Jake Tapper (who occasional asks Robert "Family Guy" Gibbs the type of questions Bush's people got all the time) and John Stossel. The rest of them could be replaced with animatronic robots programmed to read White House press releases and no one would know the difference.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 8:25 AM

Nielson admits error

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 8:36 AM

After this stunt any attempt by ABC News to convince us of its journalist integrity will be about as believable as a lady snuggled up to a pimp trying to convince us she isn't a hooker.

Posted by: IOpian at June 18, 2009 8:38 AM

What do you guys think? Does ABC News know they are nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for the Obamacrat party? Or, are they so deluded they actually think they are still a news organization?

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 8:43 AM

I've heard the term "informercial" used to describe Adoring Barack Company's upcoming synchophant "news" progam, "Prescription for America." I wonder if the guys from Dicovery Channel's "Pitchmen" will show up wearing those snazzy blue shirts?!?!

Posted by: Graycat at June 18, 2009 8:44 AM

"Big Daddy here to tell you about a great new product! Have you ever wanted to have a great change but didn't want to pay for it?! Then hope and change is just for you!!! You only have to pay for it by selling your children out to a commie!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, I can see that plain as day.

Posted by: Big_Daddy at June 18, 2009 8:52 AM

Gregory, then does that mean Fox is the mouthpiece for the RNC?

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 8:54 AM

To clarify, the reason FNC would get a bailout is to prevent it from being independent from the government.

Posted by: Van Helsing at June 18, 2009 9:04 AM

Van, you really don't believe that, do you? Ailes and Murdoch are so deep into the pockets of the RNC. While I normally disagree with you, I happen to respect what you've created here, I find it hard to believe you'd suggest that.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 9:20 AM

GoW, no one cares what you have to say.

Why?

Because no one cares about the 'opinions' of Communist whore.

So, take your show on the road.

Posted by: SK at June 18, 2009 9:25 AM

Gregory, then does that mean Fox is the mouthpiece for the RNC?

No, because FNC invites liberals like Paul Begala, Mara Liasson, and Juan Williams to present the opposing view all of the time. ABC, as noted in the post, is not allowing anyone to offer an opposing view on the Obamacare propaganda piece. They also clearly label their opinion shows as just that... opinion.

Also, I have yet to see an FNC reporter or anchor bow to a Republican the way Brian Williams bowed to Barack Obama. And then there's this embarrassing episode:

In May, CNN posted "breaking-news video" of female journalists on Obama's press plane fawning over the Democratic presidential candidate as he talked on his cell phone. The caption listed on the network's Web site: "Obama in jeans: Sen. Barack Obama surprises the press corps by wearing jeans."
In the clip, several members of the press corps yell at a Secret Service agent to "sit down" because she's obstructing the view of their beloved Obama. They giggle and sigh as he straddles over a row of seats, and they furiously click away on their cameras. "You're killing us," one of them says breathlessly.

Yes, FNC gives conservatives and Republicans more opportunity to state their views, but compared to the tween-girl behavior of the rest of the press corps, they have nothing to apologize for.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 9:34 AM

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 9:38 AM

Does anyone really think the digital change-over was to INFORM the people? I lost most of the network channels using the gubmint price reduced converter box. Funny, I don't miss a thing.

Posted by: Eric at June 18, 2009 9:41 AM

I find it hard to believe you'd suggest that.
Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 9:20 AM

The you don't understand what's going on. Obama takes things over. Get a clue.

Posted by: Ghost of America at June 18, 2009 9:43 AM

I can't remember the last time I watched ABC News - I think it was about 1987. That was about the time they began turning from a news source to a liberal-infomercial propoganda outlet. Same goes for CBS & NBC. Only fools watch their crap.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 18, 2009 9:48 AM

They also clearly label their opinion shows as just that... opinion.

I mean FNC labels their opinion shows as opinion, whereas the others present one-sided spin all day long and label it as "news."

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 9:53 AM

What my man SK said. At least real whores perform a public service. Communist whores do not.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at June 18, 2009 10:05 AM

Gregory, Mara and Juan hardly represent an opposing view. Paul Begala does, but they are nearly the only three. Fox Business will have Mike Papantonio periodically, but that is it. Further, any opposition on Fox is talked over, and/or highly outnumbered. Examples would be Janeane Garofalo on with Brian Kilmeade in 2003,Joan Walsh and Bill O'Reilly, Neal Cavuto and Mike Papantonio. Further, the unfettered access that Fox had for eight years with the Bush White House, where hosts were brought to the White House to discuss talking/selling points with staffers. Are they feeling a little bitter these days? The RNC alone has issues press releases from Fox transcripts,verbatim. At least they are pretending to be independent from their media arm.Because you don't like what a broadcaster/host says, does not make them biased.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 10:10 AM

Jimbo: Hang loose! (Shaka sign) If you missed it, read my post to you on yesterday's Open Thread. It's waaaaay down near the end.

Posted by: Graycat at June 18, 2009 10:44 AM

So, wellstoned is pretending that Mara Liasson and Juan Williams aren't liberal? LOL. At worst, Fox is as biased to the right as ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNNHN are to the left. So, leftists can't even stand a six-to-one advantage in media. And I guess, he just doesn't have an answer to the video of the MSM reporters behaving like 11 year old girls on the Obama campaign plane. Or Brian Williams bowing to Obama. Or reporters asking deep, hard-hitting questions like "Was has most enchanted you since coming to the White House?"

Or, how about this: Obama swats a fly, and the media gushingly compare him to Dirty Harry, Michael Jordan, and Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid. WTF! Isn't this the least bit embarrassing?

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 10:45 AM

Actually, 8 to 1, NPR and PBS are also completely in the leftist tank.

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 10:47 AM

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

----Joseph Goebbels

Posted by: Fiberal at June 18, 2009 10:49 AM

Question for Wellstoned: Did anyone on FNC ever compare George W. Bush to Jesus Christ and Karl Rove to John the Baptist?. Because that's what Chris Matthews said of Barack Obama and Howard Dean.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 18, 2009 11:07 AM

V, agree with you CNN should not of posted the video, and it was childish. However, you ignored the point that Fox and the RNC have been rollin' in the hay for years.
June 8th 2006 Cavuto exclusive interview with Bush
July 31st 2006 Cavuto exclusive interview with Bush
Feb. 16th 2006 Brit Hume interview with Dick Cheney
Sept 30th 2006 Fox airs special dedicated to Rumsfeld
Oct 16,17,18 2006 O'Reilly airs Bush interview in three parts
Oct 13 2007 Cheney Special with interview
Dec 17 2008 Brett Baier interviews Bush
Feb 2nd & 3rd 2008 Fox airs Bush Special
Dec 22 2008 Chris Wallace airs Cheney interview
Should I stop there? There are plenty more, not to mention the Cheney Torture Tour. What you fail to see is that Obama, like Bush and Co. is not going to grant access to outlets that are going to be critical 24/7. When is Dick Cheney going to grant an interview to Ed Schultz? When is John Boehner going to go on Rachel Maddow? When is Eric Cantor going on with Keith Olbermann?

As far as Mara and Juan, they are moderates, and hardly represent the left. I like them, but the are not liberals, much like Alan Colmes, but he is closer.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 11:22 AM

I disagree. It was a good thing for CNN to post the video because it showed how childish and smitten the members of the elite press are with their glistening-pecced Messiah.

And I don't think it's a big deal that Bush and Cheney gave several interviews to FNC. Compared to the shameless gushing of the other eight networks ("He swatted a fly! How brilliant!") over Obama, Bush talking with Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto isn't really a big deal.

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 11:37 AM

Fiberal's quote should give everyone solemn pause, right or left.

Posted by: Karin at June 18, 2009 11:50 AM

V the K, are you aware that PBS almost did not renew its affliation with KBYU, because it has in PBS's view "too much religious programming"? KBYU and PBS reached an "agreement" that KBYU could continue to be a PBS station, as long at it did not increase the amount of religious programming. Of course PBS has the resident moonbat troll, Bill Moyers spouting his left wing agneda and propoganda. But too much religious prommming apparently is not tolerated on any of PBS"s member stations.

Posted by: Graycat at June 18, 2009 11:54 AM

V, of course it's not, right? Granting interviews to news outlets is part of the job. Other than CNBC how many cable news interviews has Obama given since becoming President in January? I actually don't know. Again, the point you are missing is the long ties between the Bush family, the RNC and Roger Ailes, it is a telling story. Which is why I think Shep Smith's days are numbered at Fox. The fly thing, I will say over at Barely Political they did the best job with it to the dialogue of a old martial arts film.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 12:02 PM

Graycat, it's public television, not your Church.You want Religion? There are plenty of places that open on Sundays. Moyers is considered by many a great author and journalist. I was waiting for somebody here to bring this up, took you a couple days.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at June 18, 2009 12:14 PM

Wellstoned may I suggest www.newsbusters.org as a place to see msm fawning all over your messiah. Your welcome.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at June 18, 2009 1:05 PM

Did anyone else notice the video taken by the horny reporters cut Obama's head out of the frame in order to focus on his crotch? At first it annoyed me because I was thinking, "why are you holding the camera so low?", then I realized what they were doing and I threw up in my mouth a little

Posted by: Judith M. at June 18, 2009 1:33 PM

Ghost: Well, there ya' go again, twistin' and turnin' with one of your misguided responses. You spin like a top, Ghost. I simply made reference to something that I thought would be of interest to V the K and other Moonbattery readers and you get all festered up. Public Television. The emphasis on public, meaning that is supposed to belong to the public, even those with religious beliefs. Parish the thought. And who are the "many" who beleive that Moyers is a well-respected author and "journalist." I mean besides his Kool-aid guzzling minions? He has never received any accolades on this blogsite. Did you know that he studied in the ministry and is an ordained minister? I remember a college professor who must have had a man crush on Moyers, for hardly a class went by that he didn't mention Moyers or PBS. It took me years to realize that. Here is a direct quote from Moyers upon his "retirement" from broadcast journalism in December 2004 from an Associated Press interview:

"I'm going out telling the story that I think is the biggest story of our time: how the right-wing media has become a partisan propaganda arm of the Republican National Committee. We have an ideological press that's interested in the election of Republicans, and a mainstream press that's interested in the bottom line. Moyers said: Therefore, we don't have a vigilant, independent press whose interest is the American people."

I see no need to aplogize for using facts and logic in my posts. Perhaps Farmer Ted's suggestion will bring some much-needed enlightenment. If this blogsite is such a burr underneath your saddle why do even bother posting here? Do you really get paid to monitor the content of and post on conservative blogsites? If so, I guess there is nothing wrong with that. There are far worse things you could do with your time and ways to make a living.

The blogoshere is a harsh palce, as we all know. During the time I have been posting comments on this blogsite, other than referring to your moniker as "Ghost of Gallstone," I have yet to call you an insulting name, the way other posters have done and the way you have done with other posters. My taciturn silence does not necessarily mean I endorse such blogsite behavior. To each his own. I have also yet to use profane language directed toward you as you have with me, as I beleive that is crossing over the line, even in the blogoshere. That's okay, I've got a tough hide, it's just that I have more respect for all of my fellow Moonbattery readers than that, even though we agree to disagree.

SK is right, perhaps it's time for you to take your show on the road. The following counter-moonbats will be more than happy to help you load up the metaphorical U-haul: Karin, Gregory of Yardale, V the K, Van H. Fiberal, Jimbo, Kevin R. Spurwing Plover, Jay Guevara, Judith M., Farmer Ted and others who I have did not mention.

Best regards, Ghost of Wellstone, Signed, Graycat

Posted by: Graycat at June 18, 2009 2:47 PM

ABC employees donated to Obama over McCain by a 33-to-1 ratio. That... coupled with the worshipful adoration of Obama and the exclusion of opposition points of view from the Obamacare infomercial... is pretty much Game, Set, Match on the issue of one-sided journalism.

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 3:07 PM

I bet these ABC employees (the males at least) when they were young all wore their pants low on their butts and baseball caps backwards.

Posted by: oldguy at June 18, 2009 3:23 PM

Thanks Karin,

You're implying however, that liberals read.
And even if they occasionally did read something, as Wanda said to Otto in A Fish Called Wanda:
"(They) do read Otto, they just don't understand it"

Posted by: Fiberal at June 18, 2009 3:37 PM

Ghost of Beria- "it's public television, not your Church.You want Religion? There are plenty of places that open on Sundays."

It's public television, not your Communist Party meeting. You want marxist editorializing? There are plenty of unsold copies of Socialist Worker weekly available on thursdays.

Posted by: chairman soetoro's oprichniki at June 18, 2009 4:19 PM

Moyers is considered by many a great author and journalist.

Yeah, a lot of people felt the same way about Josef Gebbels. However, among people who don't depend on pharmaceuticals to "keep them level," Moyers is properly seen for what he is... an arrogant, neo-Marxist asshat.

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 5:27 PM

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2009 5:50 PM

Graycat,
I'll warm up the 4x4,I'm sure we can find some swampland to unload "ghost of I'm so stoned".

Posted by: Farmer Ted at June 18, 2009 5:53 PM

Moyers is considered by many a great author and journalist.

Walter Duranty was better.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at June 18, 2009 7:06 PM

Yup, this one's pure misery as well...

Posted by: Anonymous at June 18, 2009 7:45 PM

Posted by: Graycat at June 18, 2009 10:44 AM

I know where you're talking about - but I never seem to get past LuLu's Surf Club down on the corner - I can walk there in less than 2 minutes and crawl home in less than 10.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 18, 2009 8:51 PM

Aw, C'mon on people. ABC is like a filling station on some back gravel road in the desert that has about six cars/day traffic. It really doesn't make sense to argue about their business plan and marketing strategy. I don't believe those numbers for how many people watch it--they are probably as hyped and crooked as everything else and are way too high so they can try to sell ad time.

Posted by: SnowSnake at June 18, 2009 9:49 PM

Farmer Ted: Swampland, that reminds me, I saw the perfect T-shirt for Ghost of Wellstone advertised on cafepress.com. It has a silk screened picture of two guys in a canoe with the caption: "Paddle faster, I hear banjos."

Posted by: Graycat at June 19, 2009 7:44 AM

Graycat

As a banjarist I find your comment and that t-shirt slogan highly offensive!

I think I am going to have to work toward getting banjo pickers added to that protected status list within the hate bill legislation.

Posted by: son of a preach man at June 19, 2009 9:39 AM

Nielson admits error

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone

well it was good while it lasted

Posted by: Joe Nen at June 19, 2009 5:14 PM