« San Antonio Tea Party | Main | Ballistic Fingerprinting: Another Governmedia Lie »

April 5, 2009

Yuri Bezmenov Video Collection

Remember Yuri Bezmenov, the former KGB propagandist who revealed that American useful idiots of the type who now run our government were slated to be shot if the Soviet Union managed to conquer the USA? He had other interesting things to say about the leftist subversion of America that recently reached full flower with Obama's election. Cubanology has a collection of videos. Here's the first part of an excellent 1983 lecture he gave under the name Tomas Schuman:

Bezmenov goes on to explain that the best defense against subversion is religion. No wonder progressives hate it so much.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 5, 2009 11:54 AM

Comments

Thank you for this link, Van. I used to have this on VHS.

Posted by: SK at April 5, 2009 2:54 PM

As a squirmy pinky dipshit liberal you might be surprised that I really found what this guy had to say very interesting.

Still, our openness to others ideas can't be all or none. We are most probably imperfect and if we're too close-minded we won't be able to change. For example, if our society had been totally close minded we would never have learned that slavery was a bad thing.

The tricky thing is how do we question ourselves without undermining everything we've built over the course of centuries?

And given that people are in general either too stupid, too lazy, or too disinterested to inform themselves with fact and thoroughly question the fact, we face a situation where the people seem to be making big decisions based on the quality of a political slogan, an image on the TV, or their allegiance to a political party or subgroup. This can't be the vision the founders had of how we would decide to progress as country can it?

Posted by: Brandon at April 5, 2009 6:41 PM

Brandon, believe it or not, you are a modern conservative = traditional liberal.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 5, 2009 7:00 PM

There is such a thing as being SO open minded your BRAIN falls out (typical liberal)! You nailed it anon! The making of a 21st century RINO. The reason the RIGHT has lost it's way. The "vision of the founders" is VERY clear, it's written down, it's called the Constitution. Something Barry and the left have NO regard for (now that they got him in there they don't even pretend anymore).

Posted by: TED at April 5, 2009 10:14 PM

This, and all the Yuri Bezmenov lectures, are MUST watch videos. Prescient and prophetic just begin to describe what he has said in these lectures and interviews. It's clear that America has passed through the subversive stages of 'demoralization' and 'destabilization', and we are now in the third stage of 'crisis' (and we now have our 'Messiah', as YB predicted).

I first watched a 16 minute Bezmenov video in September of 2008 (thanks to Moonbattery), and I was blown away (yet somehow relieved) to learn that all I had been witnessing was actually a well-planned, leftist campaign. I have no reason to think that he is anything but fully legit and have never heard anyone dispute his credentials.

Does anyone know how to get full versions of this lecture and the Canadian television interview (81 minutes?) on DVD? Also, does anyone know what has become of Yuri? -- I suppose he would be about 70 now.

Posted by: lvb-rocks at April 5, 2009 10:19 PM

God bless you, Yuri, wherever you are.

Posted by: Mike_W at April 6, 2009 12:47 AM

the wikipedia article needs some work - what ever happened to this guy? I wouldn't imagine the KGB would let this guy live very long if what he said was true...

Posted by: Brandon at April 6, 2009 7:21 AM

I posted my own Yuri video on my blog to connect dots with the Cloward Piven Strategy recently. I assure you that I am not a Liberal, but I am concerned: I went to the Cubanology site, and watched more of the videos. I am curious about the parts of the videos when a still picture takes up the screen, and the audio is different - like when a movie dialogue on network television says "scum suckers" when the original words were "mother fuckers". Does that make sense? Can anyone rationalize this for me?

Posted by: madmichael at April 7, 2009 10:28 PM

Dear SK, do you have the VHS of the slide presentation of these lecture? Please contact me!

Dear lvbrocks, I'm the guy that posted this on YouTube (hermitcleric). For U$25 you (and others) can get by mail a DVD with everything I have from this series of lectures.

The G. Edward Giffin interview (I don't know if that's what you mean by "Canadian Television Interview") can be bought on DVD at the Reality Zone under the name of "Deception Was My Job".

I was told, although it might not be true, that Yuri passed away in 1997. May God have him.

Mail me for details: