« Lansing, Michigan | Main | Madison, Wisconsin »

April 16, 2009

Yorba Linda, California

The first of these Tea Party pictures from Yorba Linda explains what has the Dems and their toadies in the media running so scared:

yorba_linda_tea_party_01.jpg

yorba_linda_tea_party_02.jpg

yorba_linda_tea_party_03.jpg

yorba_linda_tea_party_04.jpg

yorba_linda_tea_party_05.jpg

Compliments of Joi W.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 16, 2009 12:22 PM

Comments

Saw this on MM.

So let's get a few of your arguments straight, James:

1. The Tea Parties were unorganized.
2. The Tea Parites were organized by right-wingers.
3. The Tea Parties weren't covered by the media.
4. The Tea Parties weren't covered by real media.
5. Even if the Tea Parties were covered by various local media, there were only a few hundred people at each one.
5. Well, even if the Tea Parties drew thousands, no single Tea Party had several hundred thousand people.
6. The people said they were angry, but they were really only just "miffed."
7. The 60's.
8. The best way to dig ourselves out from underneath crushing debt and massive overspending is by tripling the debt and ballooning our already massive overspending.

This is going to backfire on them, if it hasn't started already.

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 12:40 PM

James is a typical liberal in complete denial. I saw the look on that jackass' face when she started pulling out all those front page tea party stories. The left is scared and the politician have just been put on notice for 2010.

Its about time Americans woke up. These pics of the tea parties is very refreshing...Keep up the good work my fellow conservative!!! Thanks for the tip cowlove.

Posted by: Watching at April 16, 2009 12:54 PM

Posted by: V the K at April 16, 2009 1:02 PM

I tried watching that and gave up, he's just too rough on the eyes. And all that denial crap.

Posted by: Karin at April 16, 2009 1:02 PM

No problem Watching. It's only because of people like MM, Van, and countless others, including the actual photographers, that we can loudly shout down the idiotic "free press."

These people need to be shoved into the light and paraded around for all to see. A real free press does not belittle people based on ideology. A real free press does not act as a propoganda arm for the government. A real free press does not ignore actual news events in order to sweep them under a rug.

Yeah, he immediately switched from offense to defense, and babbbled on with his laundry list of other reasons the Parties were inconsequencial. A few commentors on MM's site were also quick to point out how telling it is that he didn't think the level of rage displayed was high enough. Apparently the only "real" protests involve acts of violence and pure, unadulterated rage and hate. Of course, we knew this was a lefist position already, but at least he's admitting it.

And of course, if that sort of display had been made, the story would have then become, "wow, look at all those angry conservatives, filled with rage and hate."

Useful idiots, good luck with your bankruptcy filings.

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 1:13 PM

Posted by: Brandon at April 16, 2009 1:13 PM

The aging hippies, communists, neo-hippies and neo-communists are shocked and angry that someone ELSE can protest.

Posted by: KHarn at April 16, 2009 1:52 PM

"Posted by: Brandon at April 16, 2009 1:13 PM"

TRANSLATION: "How DARE YOU use children! That's the LIBERAL tactic!"

Posted by: KHarn at April 16, 2009 1:56 PM

Has anyone noticed how peaceful these tea parties were? Hell in my town we all cleaned up the park where it was held.

Real good post V the K everyone should check that out.

Brandon!!! I would rather have our children know about the truth rather than the bullshit you Jackass Obomite Libtards spew out of your cocksuckers!

Posted by: Watching at April 16, 2009 2:44 PM

"Jackass Obomite Libtards spew out of your cocksuckers!"

I'm sure your children will grow to use logic, reason and good christian morals in their responses just like you :)

"What's the matter BRANDON, are you against PARENTS teaching their children about life? Do you think that GOVERNMENT CONTROLED facilitys (Schools) should teach children everything?"

Hmm I didn't realize my only options were to either indoctrinate my children with the same beleifs my parents taught me or let someone else indoctrinate them.

In that case I'll indoctrinate them with the random values and beliefs that came down the line to me from my ancestors. I'll note that some of those beliefs have changed over time - that most have come from the "GOVERNMENT CONTROLED facilitys", and so I'll make sure to revert them to the fundamentals this country was born from. Boy it will be nice to have some slaves to do harvest the crop for me.

Posted by: Brandon at April 16, 2009 3:17 PM

KHarn-- it's nice to hear you cleaned up your park after your T.E.A. party the other day. But I don't see how signs comparing Obama with Hitler and Marx and other anti-government slogans was "peaceful." It was anti-government dissent insinuating comparisons with a man who killed 6 million people. To teach your kids that there is a comparison between the two is insane and abusive. If FOX news told you to jump off a bridge, would you do that? Probably. At lease the left follows multiple news sources and not ONE, mindless television station with 6 hours of anti-government rants every night. If the chemical blondes weren't delivering the news every night you'd be watching wrestling or NASCAR. You guys were no more organized than a tailgate party at a truck race.

Posted by: paget at April 16, 2009 3:23 PM

Even when I was 7 I understood that taxes were not a good thing. The youth already understand that $.99 will not buy you that Hot Wheel car. You still need to fork out up to a dime more. I'm not buying our libtards false outrage.

Posted by: metalgarth at April 16, 2009 3:41 PM

I just finished listening to a local business owner give me a 45 minute description of what life was like growing up and then working in the EU. In short: A socialist nightmare - especially the health care and housing. He kept saying over and over that people here have no idea how bad the health care system is over there - especially for anyone over 60. He moved here to escape all that. Now he sees all the same tactics being used by American "progressives" -- which is what the European socialists called themselves as well.

I wish I'd had a video camera rolling. I would have put the whole conversation on You tube.

Posted by: Brenda at April 16, 2009 3:45 PM

Boy, the lefty trolls are certainly in full force and angry.
"I like the last pic - it's good to see you're not forgetting to indoctrinate the youth."
Brandon, Radical liberals wrote the book on indoctrinating kids and using them in their protests. The left likes using little kids (12 and younger) in protests to get good photo- ops, and using middle school and high school kids with high emotions to act as their foot soldiers at the front of their skirmish lines, so they'll be the ones who'll have to face the cops, and if any of the police officers overreact, they'll be able to howl "POLICE BRUTALITY! POLICE BRUTALITY! THOSE HORRIBLE PIGS BULLIED POOR CHILDREN! WAAAAAH!"

paget, constantly stereotyping all conservatives as dumb rednecks the way you repeatedly do isn't a good way to make us take your hateful rants seriously. I was at a tea party, and the only times I'd ever watch Fox News are either if they are covering a major event (i.e. the State of the Union Adress), or if someone I greatly respect is going to be a guest on one of the shows. Had you attended a tea party, you'd know that they ARE organized. There is a set schedule for them, there are well- arranged and well-rehearsed speakers, and well- arranged actions to benefit the community (i.e. the tea party Watching went to cleaned up the park, the one I went to had a canned food/ personal hygiene products drive to benefit Orlando's considerable homeless population).
btw, how is it that demonstrators carrying signs equating Obama with Hitler (Not that I am necessarily agreeing with that sentiment) means that the event wasn't peaceful? No fights or riots broke out (Like they inevitably do at liberal protests), I'd say that means the event was peaceful.

Posted by: Adam at April 16, 2009 3:52 PM

Sorry Brandon not every one is a christian!! You earned that response because that the only thing your mouth is good for. Your day will come you socialist lefty trolls. :P

Posted by: Watching at April 16, 2009 3:58 PM

Yorba Linda home of John Force!!!!!!! I did notice one striking difference in the tea parties and the libacrit protests,the signs are spelled correctly. :)

Posted by: Farmer Ted at April 16, 2009 5:41 PM

you guys were no more organized than a tailgate party at a truck race.

Goodness, paget, you need to update your message. These Tea Parties were highly organized, completely staged events set in motion by Karl Rove and Fox News, solely for the benefit of the corporate class. Sheesh, I shouldn't have to tell you these things.

Brandon, Heaven forbid we teach our children about the value and importance of Freedom, referring specifically to the supposed indoctrination you allege. You parrot the party line perfectly, assuming that only the State can actually teach children anything of value. We conservatives believe otherwise, and you know it to be true if you would be honest with yourself. Besides the importance of Liberty and Freedom, what else might you have learned from your parent's instruction? The importance of sharing? Don't hit others? Did they teach you to look both ways before you cross the street? Perhaps they taught you to be careful around the stove?

Why does the left hate freedom of speech and family so much? Paget, Brandon, hello?

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 8:11 PM

Conservative protests ignored by the liberal left-wing news media but for how long can they?

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at April 16, 2009 8:50 PM

Adam had a
"canned food/ personal hygiene products drive"
at his tea party. What a great idea! Let's keep that in mind for 7/4, if any of you participate in the organizing for that one.

Posted by: Karin at April 17, 2009 6:01 AM

cowlove, I don't think the indoctrination of children is a black or white issue. It's a complex difficult issue where obviously we can't tell them nothing or we'll get anarchy. I support teaching them values and morals, but I think it's also very important to teach them to think for themselves.

Say I (an insult insult liberal) want to teach my children that Keynesian economics is the right way to get out of big recessions, and the way I teach them this is by repeating it over and over, showing them images and propaganda material, and bring them to a big event with like minded individuals. In this example I see several problems:

1: I've totally skipped over basic economic theory and what has happened historically. These things should be the foundation of an economic belief, not the parents insistence on the belief.

2: I've encouraged my children to have very strong opinions with little supporting factual information. This is likely to make them unresponsive to new information (that doesn't support keynesian economics).

3: The propaganda (catchy slogans on signs, witty images like those on this website, and even the parents proud display of belief) all uses our emotions rather than intellect.

It's very easy to latch onto an idea generated by your pack (liberal or conservative). It's slightly more difficult to research hand picked data, read newspapers that are biased in your own beliefs, and find examples to back up what you believe is true. It seems like it's next to impossible for people to come to a conclusion that they did not preconceive to be true.

This site is great because it showcases wonderful examples of how idiotic the political process can be. At the same time I find it tragic, because the posters see the other sides idiotic behavior, yet cannot see the same idiotic behavior coming out of their own side.

It seems to me much of politics is about joining a side, then you root for your side, pull stunts to make the other side look bad and engage in distortion through propaganda and everyone gets caught up in this silly game instead of looking for the truth.

Posted by: Brandon at April 17, 2009 11:01 AM

You sure fooled me with your flippant comment about a little girl being indoctrinated, citing her horrid love of Freedom as your evidence.

The way I see it, Brandon, is that your sole purpose in this thread was to toss out a snarky one-liner. When you're smacked down as a dunce, you fall back on flowery prose about preconceptions, propaganda, bias, and what's really good for the children.

You set yourself up as some sort of higher, bi-partisan authority, able to judge both sides while remaining outside of your own judgement.

In reality, the little girl in that picture could probably reason you into a small box, wrap you up, and ship you off to a deserted island. At least then you could finally be the smartest person in the room.

Do those of us on the right make mistakes? Sure, who doesn't? The difference, however, is that liberalism is a mistake, entirely. Every premise of every single liberal belief is wrong. In holding the State up as good and noble and a necessary aspect of every part of our lives, liberalism is entirely built on a house of cards.

Me personally? I'd rather be wrong sometimes than wrong every single time I open my mouth.

Posted by: cowlove at April 17, 2009 12:22 PM

"But I don't see how signs comparing Obama with Hitler and Marx and other anti-government slogans was 'peaceful.' It was anti-government dissent insinuating comparisons with a man who killed 6 million people. "

Oh, but it's ok when the left does it? That was the standard meme for the last 8 years: Bush = Hitler. Don't believe me? Check out the archives at www.zombietime.com

Do I agree with everything I saw at the Tea Party? No, I don't. But even the most inflammatory signs had nothing on a single Berkeley protest.

BTW, didn't people also spend the last 8 years stating that dissent was patriotic? Whatever happened to that idea? (Full disclosure: I don't think dissent is necessarily patriotic, but it's sure as hell a protected right.)

Posted by: Joi at April 17, 2009 2:38 PM

Karin, indeed it was an excellent idea on the part of whoever organized the tea party. It served a twofold purpose:
1. Obviously, providing aid for Orlando's rather large homeless population. In addition, some bumper stickers were being sold at the tea party for $5 each, with half of the proceeds going to a local homeless shelter.
2. As the Orlando Tea Party's website pointed out, it also was meant to send a larger message to the government: Contrary to what the Barack Obamas of the country would have you believe, we don't need government intervention/ government handouts to handle the plights of the poor and needy in our community, we are more than capable of helping them on our own. The fact that the tea party brought in several bins jam- packed with donations is proof of this.

Posted by: Adam at April 18, 2009 4:55 AM