« Kalamazoo, Michigan | Main | Chicago, Illinois »

April 16, 2009

Phoenix, Arizona

I'm proud to report that the Arizona Capitol Tea Party here in Phoenix was a tremendous success, with attendance clearly much higher than the Arizona Repugnant's "more than 5,000" would lead you to believe. Never have I been surrounded by a friendlier, more well-mannered group of people. The contrast to the smelly, antisocial riffraff that populate left-wing demonstrations could not be more striking. If there's one thing the Tea Parties brought home, it's that America is still full of good people who will not let their country go down without a fight. Pictures by Moonbattery staff photographer Varla:

phoenix_tea_party_01.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_02.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_03.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_04.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_05.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_06.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_07.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_08.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_09.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_10.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_11.jpg

phoenix_tea_party_12.jpg

Posted by Van Helsing at April 16, 2009 2:47 PM

Comments

Sure looks to me like you guys are protesting against Obama, and not just the "tax" issue. Angry rednecks are a national security threat and your "tea" party sure looked as "anti-american" as any anti-war protest during the Bush era. I especially like the last sign in the photos comparing Obama to Hitler. You guys are so goddamn stupid.

Posted by: paget at April 16, 2009 3:01 PM

Were protesting everything that is the left. Because the left is the people that are pushing the 'Tax and Spend' policy that got us here in the first place.

Posted by: Big_Daddy at April 16, 2009 3:23 PM

Moonbattery staff photographer Varla? Good to see the birth of the next PJM here Van!

Posted by: Air2air at April 16, 2009 3:24 PM

Oh, please, paget.
1. As someone who attended a tea party in Orlando yesterday and also saw many pictures of the other tea parties, I can confidently say that the majority of the anti- Obama signs were in one way or another criticizing his policies on the economy, including his policies on our taxes and what he wants to do with our tax dollars.
2. Our tea parties' demonstrators waved and saluted the American flags, rather than stomping on them, defecating on them, or burning them the way the demonstrators at the liberal anti- war protests do. I'd say that simple fact alone should make it clear which of the two sides is anti- American.
3. As for the "National Secuity Threat" posed by conservative Americans, another important difference between the tea parties and the liberal anti- war protests is that the tea parties are peaceful and its demonstrators follow the law, whereas the liberal protests' demonstrators loved starting fights and/ or riots, and blatantly ignoring too many laws to count. Thus, I'd say it's clear which of the two groups is more of a "Threat to national security."

Posted by: Adam at April 16, 2009 3:28 PM

Yeah, I guess that is only valid to compare a conservative President to Hitler to the pea-brained Lefties.

Again, class:

When liberals do it = GOOD!

When conservatives do it = BAD!

That's the limit of moonbat reasoning and deduction.

Posted by: SK at April 16, 2009 5:40 PM

We had a great crowd up her in Prescott, AZ too. I was so keyed up to get there, I forgot my camera.

Posted by: Gregory at April 16, 2009 6:05 PM

That is, assuming, that the person whop held/made the sign was even a 'conservative' at all i.e. not a Republican.

There are conservative Dems and Independents out there but the MSM and the Left Wing blogosphere would have you think that all Dems are lockstep with Comrade Obama and Independents and Libertarians with Lyndon LaRouche.

Posted by: SK at April 16, 2009 7:02 PM

Posted by: paget at April 16, 2009 3:01 PM

Just for you paget, so what? Even if you're right, and this is just a bunch of conservatives protesting Obama, so...freaking...what? Tell me, please.

The problem for you, paget, is that's the best you can do. While you know, clearly, that this grassroots activism is entirely aimed at our out-of-control spending and immense debt load, the best you can do is say that we're protesting Obama, as if that's somehow "wrong," now. "Protesting the oppressive government? Pfft, that's so last month." You dimbulb lefties finally get a chance to agree with conservatives, and you piss it away with witty arguments like, "Yuck yuck, dumb truck drivers," or, "Republicans are stupid." What a waste you are.

For everyone else, it bears repeating:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

~Mahatma Ghandi

So even here, in this little corner of tha intertubes, we can see the practical application. Even paget himself provides an example. In an earlier post, he ridicules us as nothing more than NASCAR watching, unorganized idiots. Now, we're just so "goddamn stupid." The increasing ire is like sweet, sweet nectar.

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 8:33 PM

Notice how none of the American flags on display at the tea parties are on fire?

Posted by: mandible claw at April 16, 2009 10:16 PM

Again, class:

When liberals do it = GOOD!

When conservatives do it = BAD!

That's the limit of moonbat reasoning and deduction.

Posted by: SK at April 16, 2009 5:40 PM

Also note: the sign in question is not comparing Obama to hitler per se. It is noting that charisma in a leader is not necessarily a good thing.

Whereas the left compared Bush to hitler because of the supposed millions of innocents supposedly killed in his war for oil. (or I$rael, or whatever it was the war was about, before Obama took over and it suddenly changed back into a war for democracy.)

Posted by: mandible claw at April 16, 2009 10:22 PM

Posted by: mandible claw at April 16, 2009 10:22 PM

Indeed, that is a fine distinction. The Left accused Bush of all manner of horrible, feverishly imagined garbage.

Whenever the Left starts in with that sort of bilge, I always remember that they're infamous for projection.

In psychology, psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defense mechanism where a person's personal attributes, unacceptable or unwanted thoughts, and/or emotions are ascribed onto another person or people. According to Wade, Tavris (2000) projection occurs when a person's own unacceptable or threatening feelings are repressed and then attributed to someone else.

SOURCE

Posted by: SK at April 16, 2009 10:37 PM

Dear Cowlove: Your posts yesterday/today are on fire!

Posted by: Karin at April 17, 2009 5:45 AM

Karin, if anyone claims to be a conservative and ISN'T on fire right about now, they're lying to you.

This is the start of something big. I can't help myself.

Posted by: cowlove at April 17, 2009 6:28 AM

Sucks to lose an election hugh? Well, at least you get Palin in the next one, unless she's busy with Putin "rearing his ugly head!" Agreed, the B.S. goes both ways, but my God, give your President a chance. You gave Bush 8 years. Obama is dealing with an economic crisis/problem/inconvienence (whatever you want to call it) unseen by a modern president. Instead of jumping on the bandwagon--- be patriotic and support your Prez. That's what you told the anti-war protesters to do "support your prez" and be patriotic. It's hypcritical.

Posted by: paget at April 17, 2009 10:47 AM

Glad to see you're back and jumping from one inane comment to another. Who here told any of your ilk to support Bush out of patriotic duty? Come on, cite some specifics. We mostly just made fun of you for your inablity to spell, or rally around more than a couple dozen people, or read, or use logic, or be coherent, or shower. Believe me, there was a lot of laughter to be had at your expense. But patriotism? Nah, we never suspected you of having any, so telling you to be patriotic made about as much sense as telling a cow to work on her verb conjugation.

You really need to stop and read your last two sentences. Actually, just re-read your whole comment. You are angry because you think we told you that dissent isn't patriotic. Then you tell us that we're not being patriotic because we're dissenting. Then you tell us how hypocritical we are.

...

Sinking in yet? I would feel like I was beating a dead horse if I tried to hammer home this point any harder.

Posted by: cowlove at April 17, 2009 11:24 AM

give your President a chance

He's not MY President!

Sound familiar?

Posted by: SK at April 17, 2009 11:57 AM

"Sucks to lose an election hugh?"
You ought to know, since your side has shown itself to be the epitome of sore losers when it comes to elections. "WAAAAH! WAAAAH! ELECTION FRAUD! WAAAAAH!"
One of the few good things I've noticed about Obama winning the election is that the liberals' reaction was relatively peaceful. The bigger cities had riots, but they were more along the lines of what you'd see in a town whose local football or basketball team won the championship. Had Obama lost, I have no doubt much of the country would have looked like Los Angeles in 1992, because the far left would let their sore- loser tantrum- throwing tendencies reach critical mass.

"Agreed, the B.S. goes both ways, but my God, give your President a chance."
We're giving Obama 20 times more of a chance than you on the left gave Bush during the first few months of his term.

Posted by: Adam at April 17, 2009 12:17 PM

I was there in Phoenix. It was awesome. At least we didn't have those stupid paper mache heads, signs of the president with his throat cut, or people in orange jumpsuits getting feeding tubes inserted in their noses. And all the women wore bras.

It was a gathering of people from all walks of life with the same concern; an irresponsible administration who is spending tomorrow's money today in order to consolidate political power at the expense of generations yet unborn.

My fun began even before the Tea Party, when I was accosted by an employee of the gym I go to for saying I was going. She called me a teabagger, and I asked her if she realized just how vulgar that term is. She asked me again, which told me she knew exactly what she was saying. I told her I've been called a lot of things, but I've always been of the position that I would rather be the labeled than the labeler.

All this screeching and name calling by the moonbats and their media ministry of propaganda has done is solidified our resolve. I don't care what they think, I don't care what they call me. I've got bigger fish to fry, like saving my country from a socialist hell.

Posted by: kozanne at April 17, 2009 8:35 PM

Posted by: Adam at April 17, 2009 12:17 PM

I wouldn't mind if the women at these protests went braless. Rightwing women bathe regularly, thus making loose boobies pleasant. Although kids were present at these protests, so maybe they should be restrained until after dark.

Posted by: Right0fReagan at April 18, 2009 1:49 AM

Moonbats stayed away becuase their afraid of getting the gronola beaten out of them

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at April 19, 2009 5:43 PM