« Raleigh, North Carolina | Main | Peoria, Illinois »

April 16, 2009

Keene, New Hampshire

So much for the Democrat spin that the Tea Parties were astroturf, like the many phony "grass roots" activities financed by George Soros. Keene, NH didn't even have a Tea Party scheduled. But patriots turned out at Central Square anyway. Compliments of Scott H:

keene_tea_party_01.jpg

keene_tea_party_02.jpg

keene_tea_party_03.jpg

Posted by Van Helsing at April 16, 2009 11:25 AM

Comments

Has anybody tried to go through the exasperating exercise in getting an estimated nationwide turnout? The bias is so laughable. The Atlantic, for example, is saying that it was 25,879 people nationwide. Oh C'mon! Like we can't see the damn photos? It was all over the TV! I wonder from folks here: What would be a source that you would trust? What would your gut guess be? My WAG would be 700K, but I'm pulling that right out of thin air.

Posted by: Karin at April 16, 2009 11:35 AM

The revolution will not be televised. It is, however, covered in blogs and on You-tube.

Posted by: James McEnanly at April 16, 2009 11:48 AM

OMGosh! My Democrat brother-in-law lives in Keene and he and his family were HUGE Obama supporters! I wonder if they were at the protest yesterday...........

I know my Democrat/liberal journalist brother (in Portland, OR) is sick of Obama and went to a protest there.

Thanks VH for putting all these pics up!!!

Posted by: Joycer at April 16, 2009 12:27 PM

Karin,
At the Orlando tea party yesterday, an organizer said that there were hundreds of tea parties going on across the country. If each one was attended by 2-3 thousand people or more, as the Orlando one was and as appears to be the case with most of the tea parties I've seen pictures of, your estimate probably wouldn't be too far off.

Posted by: Adam at April 16, 2009 12:54 PM

If you go conservative with both estimates, say 800 total Tea Parties, and say an average of 1K at each (probably an extremely low estimate?)...well...it's easy math.

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 1:18 PM

"cowlove at April 16, 2009 1:18 PM"

Yes, but then there are the people who can't be counted: the ones who drove people there, but couldn't stay, those who waved, honked and gave the thumbs up and those like me, who couldn't get to the "party" and stayed home to give encouragement on the internet, radio and TV.

Posted by: KHarn at April 16, 2009 2:11 PM

I agree with you KHarn. That's why I'm saying 1K per event is probably a very, very low estimate. I'd hate to run around and call it 2.5 million plus when it could also possibly be a couple hundred thousand.

Boy, that sounds vaguely familiar...

Posted by: cowlove at April 16, 2009 8:00 PM

Here is one source for figures We also have more a href="http://strongerthandeathhq.wordpress.com/"> Keene pictures here.
. I work under cover at the college. and yes this was a last minute gathering. Like many that were ignored across the country!

Posted by: elvis at April 18, 2009 5:14 AM

I think we will top a million or two -- I would like to see this again only all of gather us in one place... DC.. on May 30.

www.resistnet.com/group/wethepeoplemarchonwashington