« Natives Get Restless at GE Shareholders Meeting | Main | Fifth-Graders Could Get Reform School Over Defective Internet Filter »

April 23, 2009

Eight Most Obnoxious Tinseltown Leftists

It couldn't have been easy to narrow the list to less than 100, but Teh Resistance Blog pared it down to eight. The three main criteria:

1: Advocacy of insane progressive fascism;
2: Overall obnoxiousness;
3: Hypocrisy.

The competition was so intense, Jon Liebowitz (aka Jon Stewart) barely made the list at #7:

Every night, he sits behind his little Daily Show anchor desk, making his little dopey faces, ripping on Republicans while his audience hoots and applauds like trained seals. As a fake news host, this smug pus-bag isn't worthy to carry Dennis Miller's jock strap.
And then he does that douchebag move where he's happy to be lauded as a journalist and wallow in self-importance, until someone calls him on something stupid he said, and then he indignantly claims to be just a comic. Like any well-trained leftist, he dodges accountability faster than Vince Vaughan dodges the wrench thrown by Rip Torn in Dodgeball.

See if you can guess who took the #1 spot.

Jon-Stewart.jpg
Six Hollyweird moonbats are even more obnoxious.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 23, 2009 9:28 AM

Comments

CNN? MSNBC? any of their "reporters" lol (using that lightly)

Sean Penn?

Posted by: Heather M at April 23, 2009 9:46 AM

Looking over your post I see: "pus bag" "jock strap" and "douchebag"

Mmmm hmmm, you guys are so above it all and definitely not obnoxious in any way!

Posted by: Anonymous at April 23, 2009 9:47 AM

Anon that's why you keep posting here right?

Posted by: Farmer Ted at April 23, 2009 9:57 AM

*Blushes*

It was hard to narrow it down. There were so many good suggestions.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at April 23, 2009 10:03 AM

Gregory I see you got Garofalo's good side for her picture. That was decent of you.

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 10:05 AM

Well, Pelosi has been attacking Jon Stewart today, but I guess that means that she's....a conservative? I mean, otherwise they would surely be in lock-step, right? If people really are using Jon Stewart for news, you really should be worried. More people watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report than watch any news show on FOX, CNN etc.

Posted by: Ben at April 23, 2009 10:12 AM

before i go look - i'll have to guess bill maher or sean penn.

Posted by: nancz at April 23, 2009 10:15 AM

"More people watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report than watch any news show on FOX, CNN etc."
Then, being well informed, they run to the polls and vote for a "Community Organizer" to be leader of the Free World.

Posted by: JohnC. at April 23, 2009 10:17 AM

And then they go on blogs to spout Jon Liebowitz's talking points as though they were actual facts.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at April 23, 2009 10:19 AM

If people really are using Jon Stewart for news, you really should be worried.

Sure, worried for them I suppose.

And your evidence for this claim is...?

All I could find so far is this.

I couldn't find much showing where Comedy Central came in on the list. Maybe you can.

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 10:21 AM

Only thing I could find quickly was that the Obama interview on The Daily show had 3.6 million viewers.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 23, 2009 10:29 AM

Yes, Ben, I was going to ask, where are you pulling your numbers out of? Thanks, Cowlove.

What's Pelosi's beef with Stewart?

Posted by: Karin at April 23, 2009 10:32 AM

I am sure all of you are missing me on this. Have no fear I will be back later. We can all sympathize with the horrors of home improvement. See you right-wingers in awhile.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at April 23, 2009 10:33 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at April 23, 2009 10:29 AM

And from that you extrapolate that more people watch Comedy Central for news than any other network.

Wow...

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 10:37 AM

"this smug pus-bag isn't worthy to carry Dennis Miller's jock strap."

Beverage warning next time please.

There is just no way I can guess who made #1. Way too many choices.

I will have to go look...

Posted by: Henry at April 23, 2009 10:49 AM

I guessed Janeane Garofalo before checking the list and, sure enough, she came in at #2.

Boy, she made it hard to watch "24" this season. She comes off as such an obnoxious bitch that it seems, well, almost effortless for her. :-)

I note the list is Hollyweird lefties otherwise, I'm sure the execrable Keith O would be high on the list. (In fact, if you haven't done so, how about a list of the most obnoxious East Coast libs; although, it would be an equally formidable challenge to narrow that list too.)

Posted by: Rich at April 23, 2009 10:57 AM

well, the consensus seems to be that the daily show has approx 2 million on average, although things like Cramer, Obama and Inauguration gave the show boosts, such as when Obama was on, and it got 3.6 million

(sorry for the secondary sources). The most popular fox shows, (e.g. Hannity, although i think it's currently Glenn Beck) do outpace Stewart and Colbert by about a million a piece, but none of the main networks best either show in their prime time newscast, which is impressive considering both the daily show and colbert report broadcast outside primetime.

Pelosi and Stuart fighting:

I think it is a bad thing that so many people seem to use the daily show for news (this is obvs different to the gross number that watch the show, but probs still high), and is a sad indictment of the traditional news-sources.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 23, 2009 11:07 AM

Micheal Douglas who wants gun control but uses guns in his dumb movies And as for JANEANE GAROFALO im certianly getting my feathers ruffled having to listen to that mindless ol hen SQUAWK SQUAWK IM STILL A DIFIANT OL SHOREBIRD WITH A ATTATUDE SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at April 23, 2009 11:11 AM

"and is a sad indictment of the traditional news-sources. "
No anon, its an indictment of our education system and culture

Posted by: JamesJ at April 23, 2009 11:36 AM

I think lefties tune into the Daily Show because it reinforces their sense of smug without challenging any of their prejudices.

Posted by: V the K at April 23, 2009 11:42 AM

"No anon, its an indictment of our education system and culture"

Do you suppose we should also indict an education system that turns out people who don't know the difference between Hollywood and New York City, which is where Stewart actually lives and works?

Yeah, right, you could care less. To paraphrase Dean Wormer: Clueless, close-minded and hostile is no way to go through life, kids.

Posted by: LaBelle at April 23, 2009 12:05 PM

LaBelle,
Hollywood, as it is used in this article, was not meant to refer to the actual city, but to the entertainment industry as a whole, regardless of where the people on the list live geographically.

Posted by: Adam at April 23, 2009 12:36 PM

Ahh, IC. Hollywood is a concept you use to tar everyone? Well, bully for you. Apparently, it's easier to tar everyone you dislike with the same brush.

Blogs like this are really pointless. They just add to the ugliness of the world. You disagree with "leftists?" That's your prerogative, but this kind of gross attack isn't going to impress anyone but your own "trained seal" audience.

Posted by: LaBelle at April 23, 2009 12:53 PM

You can use the same brush, as long as you back up your claims with detail and examples. Like any essay. The link to the other blog provides more commentary.

Posted by: Karin at April 23, 2009 1:15 PM

I'd like to see any one of you come up with an intelligent defense of the Bush administration. So far, the substance of your criticism of the left right here is nil.(I had to chuckle at the line that Stewart is not fit to carry Miller's "jock strap"--are you aware that Miller and Stewart are great friends and that Miller has repeatedly defended Stewart's P.O.V.?)

I come from an ideologically mixed family--some liberal, some conservative. Screeching on either side is seen as B.S. And if you WATCHED the Daily Show, you would see that he draws blood from both sides. You're just more offended when he blasts the right.

Posted by: LaBelle at April 23, 2009 1:18 PM

And yet you just...can't...stay...away.

We know it's because you secretly love us.

What's with the phrase "bully for you" being thrown around left and right? Andy was using that recently...

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 1:19 PM

Hey, watch that trained seal comment. They always mind their manners in The Rally Point. I don't know how they act in the Whinny and Moo.

Posted by: Viking04 at April 23, 2009 1:23 PM

That point is actually well-received. I really don't mind the guy, specifically because he does skewer both sides.

Honestly though, he is arrogant and condescending, which is fine, he's a comedian and it's part of his schtick. There are times, though, that he presents himself as a serious commentator. If he's called out on something (no examples, but I'll look 'em up if need be) he does tend to fall back on, "well I'm just a comedian." It can be annoying, to say the least.

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 1:25 PM

"Hollywood is a concept you use to tar everyone?"
Everyone prominent in the entertainment industry, yes.
It's not an uncommon term to use in that respect, either.
I mean, many prominent actors and actresses are referred to by the public as "Hollywood stars/ celebrities," even if their work is done nowhere near Hollywood.
"Apparently, it's easier to tar everyone you dislike with the same brush."
Ask the liberal celebrities, they're the experts on that. For instance, in the comments section of that article, I point out three additional liberal celebrities who all ADORE tarring everyone they dislike with the same brush, and in manners much more vicious than anything we do towards them.

Posted by: Adam at April 23, 2009 1:30 PM

Labull the quote is "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son". Aren't you the intellect.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at April 23, 2009 1:42 PM

cowlove:

Pulling the "I'm just a comedian" out isn't just annoying, it is nothing less than cowardly, but cowardly is expected from his sort.

Posted by: Viking04 at April 23, 2009 1:42 PM

"There are times, though, that he presents himself as a serious commentator. If he's called out on something (no examples, but I'll look 'em up if need be) he does tend to fall back on, "well I'm just a comedian.""

Yeah, well, this has been widely misinterpreted. There's nothing written in the "Cosmic Handbook of Comedy" that says that comedians can't make a serious point—or that, once they do, they've stopped being comedians and have to be "accountable." Look at Mark Twain. He said a million serious, withering things about his society, but he was still a satirist. When Jon Stewart takes down Jim Cramer for not doing his job, that does not mean he then has to prove he himself can do it better. That's just ridiculous. Comedians and satirists, like it or not, are exempt from that, and always have been. That's not "fair," maybe, but that's how it is.

"I point out three additional liberal celebrities who all ADORE tarring everyone they dislike with the same brush, and in manners much more vicious than anything we do towards them."
Well, I would have to agree to disagree with you on this point.

"What's with the phrase "bully for you" being thrown around left and right?"
We're all channeling Theodore Roosevelt. ;-)

"The quote is"fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son""
Duh. I think I knew that, Ted. I think you need to look in the dictionary under "paraphrase."

"We know it's because you secretly love us."
Nah, I just love wasting my time. Seriously though, I do appreciate that my comments are actually showing up. Not the case with many right-wing sites.

Posted by: LaBelle at April 23, 2009 1:45 PM

"This blog helps me, anyway, deal with the ugliness of the world the leftists are shoving us into. And, this audience is not trained seals, but far more thoughtful than the screeching left, who can only say "B-b-b-but Bush!!! Ch-ch-ch-Cheney!!!!".
"Posted by: Karin at April 23, 2009 1:15 PM"

THE REPLY:

"I'd like to see any one of you come up with an intelligent defense of the Bush administration.
"Posted by: LaBelle at April 23, 2009 1:18 PM"

It's hilarious when Liberals shoot themselves while trying to attack someone.

Posted by: KHarn at April 23, 2009 2:13 PM

C'mon Labelle, find a better battle. Mr. Stewart can defend himself.

Besides, this i where universe where B-B-B-B-Bush and Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cheney can no longer be held accountable for anything. I mean it was several MONTHS ago that they left office, for goodness sake. And they were only in control for eight years .... How could they have ANY affect on what's happening NOW?

Posted by: Anonymous at April 23, 2009 2:27 PM

Or people too stupid to understand the concept of synecdoche, who can't understand that 'Hollywood' can thus be used to refer to all of show business?

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at April 23, 2009 3:06 PM

Besides, this i where [sic?] universe where B-B-B-B-Bush and Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cheney can no longer be held accountable for anything everything.

See? Change one little word and you're right on the money.

Posted by: cowlove at April 23, 2009 4:11 PM

Labull,
Paraphrase does not mean using a completely different quote that means nothing like the original quote. Remember you put the "'s in first. Now who needs a dictionary MIT grad.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at April 23, 2009 5:30 PM

What? Only 8? And Jon Stewart? It is funny when the talentless right takes comedian Glenn Beck seriously yet tag comedian Jon Stewart as "obnoxious". Could it be Jon Stewart made quite a career off of being on the losing side? You might want to try it. And to mention Jon in the same sentence with Dennis Miller is a joke in it itself. Miller's career has been washed up for years, with his latest claim to fame being on O'Really.

This list is neither creative or funny, something that could be said about Patricia Heaton or Drew Carey. Barbara Streisand? Please, that is like shooting fish in a barrel. Alec Baldwin? An actor whose career compliments his political views. Having the success to allow room for expression of free thought.

Naming Sean Penn is funny stuff. You could probably get a great stint on Red Eye. Let me ask you, in the immediate aftermath of Katrina, where was Sean Penn? Oh, thats right, not flying overhead peering down, he was there with a boat. If you really wanted to compile a list, where was Richard Belzer? I suppose it was just an oversight, as you have lustfully mentioned fellow Law and Order alum Angie Harmon. The uninformed actress whose diatribes make Newt look progressive.

As I stated earlier, I am in the middle of homeowner stuff, we all go through it. I will return, to tear this down a little bit more.

Posted by: Ghost of Wellstone at April 23, 2009 5:47 PM

Richard Belzer is listed in the post. But, you can't expect a liberal to actually read anything he spews about, can you?

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at April 23, 2009 5:49 PM

"Talentless right?" Oh, please. You sound like an eight- year- old saying "My side has talented actors and yours doesn't, Nyah nyah nyah!" Plus, considering that our side has Emmy winners like Kelsey Grammer, you don't have too much room to talk.
"Let me ask you, in the immediate aftermath of Katrina, where was Sean Penn? Oh, thats right, not flying overhead peering down, he was there with a boat."
LOL, you REALLY don't want to bring up what Penn did after Katrina in that boat, because that incident highlights what a brainless assclown he is!
First, he made the dunderheaded decision to rent a boat from one of the New Orleans dealers (Considering that pretty much all the boats they had were at least somewhat damaged by Katrina, that was NOT a very smart move to make).
Second, when Penn set out on the boat hoping to rescue children or whatever, the New Orleans people on the shore weren't cheering him on; They were laughing at him, and taunting that he probably wouldn't even be able to fit any survivors on the boat, because Penn brought his whole personal entourage on the boat with him! Of course, among this entourage on the boat was a cameraman undoubtedly with orders to record every minute of Penn's "Rescues," then send the tape to every media outlet in the country so that they could all see him doing it and put it on the evening news. The whole thing was nothing more than a photo op for Penn.
Then, the people on land soon had even more of a reason to laugh, because in yet another act of idiocy, Penn had forgotten to plug an important hole in the back of the boat, so within less than a minute of shoving off, the boat capsized and sank! I still remember quite fondly the photo I saw of that loser Penn bailing out water from the boat with a Dixie cup!
Thank you for bringing back up such a funny memory!
I, along with virtually everyone else, thought it was really funny that an obvious publicity stunt for Penn wound up backfiring on him so completely.
When I think about the people who really helped the residents of New Orleans, I don't think about attention- seeking jackasses like Penn; I think about the evangelical Christian groups (People that liberals like you and Penn would probably dismiss as "Dumb fundies") who went there and volunteered for dirty jobs not caring about getting attention or admiration for it, but doing it purely because it was the right thing to do, and the other anonymous volunteers who waded through raw sewage to get food and fresh water to the survivors. Those people are the true heroes.

Posted by: Adam at April 23, 2009 7:41 PM

Notice how nervoius the moonbat looks with that eagle next to him becuase EAGLES EAT MOONBATS HYUK,HYUK,HYUK, SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

Posted by: Flu-Bird at April 23, 2009 7:47 PM

Of the two I do prefer Colbert, because he bashes both sides more equally (see lefties, conservative for equality here!!). Since the beginning of the elections, Jon's become more about politics and less about laugh. He's also naturally less humorous than Colbert.

AC

PS: i can't help but think Colbert is a conservative secretly deep down. He just might not know it...

Posted by: AC at April 23, 2009 8:10 PM

"bully for you" = "who is John Galt?"

I'm just sayin'

lol

Posted by: Heather M at April 24, 2009 11:36 AM

1 penn
2olberman
3garafalo
4maher
5robbins
6sarandon
7stewart
strisand they all think they speak for the left.they all think we want that.i am a compassionate marxist,and i not only do not want them speaking for me.i would hate to get stuck in a fox hole with them.that isn't going to happen.

Posted by: joseph mcgrath at April 28, 2009 10:52 AM