« Open Thread | Main | Caution: Public Pervert Crossing »

April 28, 2009

Carolyn McCarthy Shares Her Knowledge of Firearms

Among the many things Congresscretin Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) wants restricted by omnipotent government are firearms with barrel shrouds — the ventilated covering that allows you to hold the barrel when it's hot. Here she displays her utter ignorance of what a barrel shroud is:

Clueless idiots like this woman are tearing up a Constitution that has lasted for over two centuries.

On a tip from Katya Kakhov.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 28, 2009 9:30 PM

Comments

Holy crap! I can't believe this is from MSNBC. McCarthy is a stooge of the Bolsheviks. What kind of fool doesn't understand their own legislation. It seems these days more and more.

Posted by: Felix Chapel at April 28, 2009 10:11 PM

An honest answer from this half-wit (and that's being generous) would've been "A barrel shroud is something on a gun, and I've been told that guns are bad, so I don't like them. Now can I have some more campaign money?"

Posted by: PabloD at April 28, 2009 10:19 PM

Posted by: Air2air at April 28, 2009 10:26 PM

Typical Loopy Loony Lemming Like Leftist Loser: Emotion over reason, and 'please don't confuse me with the facts'.

I feel sorry about what Colin Ferguson did to her husband and son on the Long Island Railroad that day, I really do.

How that somehow qualifies her to make public policy for the rest of us, I know not.

Posted by: TonyD95B at April 28, 2009 10:40 PM

I'll give her an up-close and personal look at one if she wants to come over and inspect it.

Posted by: R985wasp at April 28, 2009 11:08 PM

Amazing! Her only claim to fame was on the back of a shooting tragedy. You'd think if she was serious about banning guns, she'd do at least a rudimentary amount of homework on them!
She is a stooge of the gun grabbers.

Posted by: proof at April 28, 2009 11:11 PM

"Shoulder thing that goes up"

Uh...

Posted by: Dodger at April 28, 2009 11:23 PM

I sure hope she doesn't find out about rifles with "stacking swivels."

Posted by: JS at April 28, 2009 11:47 PM

The term "Clueless" doesn't even begin to describe this Idiotarian.

Posted by: CrackrJak at April 28, 2009 11:57 PM

moonbats looooove the term 'assault weapon'. it's so dangerous!! say it out loud and you get goosebumps.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 29, 2009 2:59 AM

What a moron!

Posted by: Adam at April 29, 2009 3:33 AM

Would you expect better from her? This woman is so stupid were it not for reaction she would suffocate.

Posted by: Unicorn Fart at April 29, 2009 3:56 AM

I will give the MSNBC talking head credit for pressing the issue. Her ignorance on the subject is stomach-churning.

Posted by: Viking04 at April 29, 2009 4:43 AM

Carolyn McCarthy's husband's last words:

"I wish I had a gun!"

Posted by: steve at April 29, 2009 4:58 AM

Colin Ferguson's greatest advantage was knowing no one could shoot back.

Posted by: Paulster at April 29, 2009 5:26 AM

What a clueless automaton. The original bill that George H.W. Bush signed, then the one Clinton later signed simply legislated the look of a gun. If it looked more foreboding (shrouds, pistol grips, etc) they wanted it banned. Never mind that the gun was no more or less dangerous with or without those items.

It is a joke. This bimbo and her ilk are the reason this nation is headed towards an internal armed conflict.

Steven's World

Posted by: LoneWolfArcher at April 29, 2009 5:27 AM

"Wow. I wonder if it has always been this way in government, just that this kind of stuff is being better documented by the more advanced media of today. Or do we actually, truly have more morons per capita now compared to decades ago?"

I've wondered this many times. I think it's a partly because of the advent of advanced technology (constant media saturation) to turn more people into morons than ever before. This lady, however, didn't need much help from the TV I suspect.

Posted by: Pharos at April 29, 2009 5:27 AM

The talkinghead should have played a joke on her by saying "a barrel shroud renders the gun barrel invisible", just to see her reaction.

The look on her face - as her little liberal "mind" tried to "noodle that one out" - would have been priceless.

Posted by: on-the-rocks at April 29, 2009 5:59 AM

It's clear she and whoever votes in favor of the bill just want to ban guns, period. Of course, they can't actually say that just yet, but it's clear nonetheless.

Posted by: cowlove at April 29, 2009 6:05 AM

Voting for clueless elitists has serious consequences.

Liberal American culture has produced enough "Useful Idiots" that now allow them to rot the country from the inside.

Posted by: J W Wright at April 29, 2009 6:21 AM

If only she was the one going from house to house to collect guns when Martial law comes around, we'd be fine.

AC

PS: Get your AR's, Glocks and other "criminal" weapons while you still can.

Posted by: AC at April 29, 2009 6:23 AM

I have a shroud for her.

Posted by: JohnC. at April 29, 2009 6:27 AM

Knowing what they are talking about has NEVER stopped a half-wit liberal from pushing their agenda. Just imagine what would happen if they stopped lying and actually told the public WHAT their TRUE agenda was.

Posted by: TED at April 29, 2009 6:37 AM

idiocy abounds!

Posted by: nancz at April 29, 2009 6:50 AM

Just another clueless gun hater.

I miss Tucker Carlson. He always plays it straight. That's probably why he got booted off MSLSD.

Check out one of my favorite clips of him (Second Place).

Posted by: Henry at April 29, 2009 7:17 AM

Its plain that the demacreeps are a bunch of anticonstitutional moonbat scumball sidewinding horny toady owlhoots who all deserve to be voted out of office and espeicaly this mindless old hen

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at April 29, 2009 7:39 AM

"I think it's a shoulder thing that flips up"
Sounds like she's referring to a fold away stock.
First thing that she could envision.
I admit, that barrell shroud on my 12ga pump does look pretty cool......
Doesn't make it any less effective without it though. Maybe she'll let me demonstrate it....on her!

Posted by: JoeShmoe at April 29, 2009 8:31 AM

Then again she just might be trying to avoid the question. It is just a way to ban more guns. You ban that barrel shroud you can ban a lot of weapons with it.

Somehow I don't think she is as stupid as she is acting. I don't trust these people at all.

Posted by: Bob at April 29, 2009 8:59 AM

And the way try tried to avoid answering the question because she didn't have a freakin' clue...AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Typical politician

Posted by: JoeShmoe at April 29, 2009 9:01 AM

Colin Ferguson shot people bc they were 1) white and 2) unarmed.

That this dried-out hag is trying to rationalize gun control to the weaponry Ferguson used is about as disingenuous as it gets.

I don't question the moral positions, honesty or intelligence of liberals. That is evident.
What I do question however is how far is the bottom, if there is one, for the left-wing in their strategies to obtain power through legislative politics.

You would think that even a liberal would somehow be able to pause just slightly in contemplating the best way to use murder victims.
But not bothering to check on what you are trying to ban clearly demonstrates that the bill is not the issue for this bug-riddled hag. I bet that she couldn't name a single one of Ferguson's victims.

Liberalism has brought about the age of lesser men. And of course, lesser women.

Posted by: Fiberal at April 29, 2009 9:14 AM

What realy ruffles my feathers is when those rotten liberal journalists use the terms GUNNED DOWN or GUNMAN or always twist their crappy news stories to be so one sided and antigun and antisecond amendment as these scumballs call for more stupid gun control laws

Posted by: Flu-Bird at April 29, 2009 11:33 AM

I'm in favor of the assault weapons ban, but politicians like McCarthy do no justice to the cause. Although I sympathize with her bill, I just cant stand her and all the politicians that think like her.

I wish the Democrats would quit being so dishonest so I can go back to supporting their party, but at this rate I doubt that will happen.

Posted by: Freedom Now at April 29, 2009 1:04 PM

I'm in favor of the assault weapons ban...

Why? Which weapons? What constitutes an assault weapon?

Posted by: cowlove at April 29, 2009 1:38 PM

Josh sugarman said that he invented the term "aasault weapon" for the express purpose of "...confusing the gun issue", knowing that people who hated guns didn't know anyting about them.

A good start would be to obtain a copy of the Diagram Group's "Weapons". It's well illistrated and not only has information about guns, but every sort of weapon, from rocks to nukes!

Posted by: KHarn at April 29, 2009 3:13 PM

Excellent recommendation of the "Weapons" book, KHarn. Every school library should have one.

Ever notice how you don't see a gun until page 105?

After all, the world was an idyllic, peaceful and harmonious place until the gun was invented 500 years or so ago.

The last edition I saw was from 1991

For those that are interested:

Weapons - An International Encyclopedia From 2000 B.C. to 2000 A.D.