« Chairman Zero Is Coming for Your Laptop | Main | UPS Pulls Ads From O'Reilly »

March 29, 2009

White House Now Firing Private CEOs

At what point can we say that this is officially no longer America, but a socialist dictatorship? Maybe when the POTUS starts firing the CEOs of private corporations:

The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.

Don't feel sorry for Wagoner. He'll be getting a marvelous golden parachute at our expense. Feel sorry for the next generation, which won't know what it's like to grow up in the greatest country the world has ever known.

On tips from Viking04, Rob Banks, and J.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 29, 2009 8:18 PM

Comments

So, do you think Obama will be replacing Wagoner with some 3d string minority affirmative action lacky from Detroit?

I hear the former Mayor of Detroit is available.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2009 8:48 PM

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the Obama administration is looking to Atlas Shrugged for inspiration on how to deal with businesses. I think that they should finish the book before they proceed any further.

Posted by: James McEnanly at March 29, 2009 8:55 PM

It's about time they got him to step down. Obama sure is doing a lot of good things

Posted by: Anonymous at March 29, 2009 9:22 PM

Anon - I agree.

Obama has done some great things, like driving the gold market through the roof.

Kin of funny seeing all those welfare folks pulling gold fillings and dropping them in that mail in pouch to get some stimemoney.

ROFLAMO at how Obam-economics has empowered the poo folks.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2009 9:27 PM

I think the private CEO's from washington sucked anyway. i think barrack obama is a pretty cool guy, eh sticks it to southern white america and doesn't afraid of anything.

Posted by: John Appleton. at March 29, 2009 9:35 PM

OH BOY! I can't wait until the complete Chavezism of America comes into play! /sarcasm

Who the hell is Nobama to fire ANYONE! He doesn't even have the experience of being a shift leader at fuckin' McDonald's let along any executive experience of any nature!

Has he even held a real job before in his life???

Posted by: Atomic Lib Smasher at March 29, 2009 9:54 PM

Come to think of it, I think that BOO put him up to firing this guy.

BOO hates white sucessful males.

After all, BOO thinks that America is mean.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2009 9:57 PM

Wow - bit of a Troll meltdown there.

Must be pissed because no one cares.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2009 10:00 PM

I guess it's the moonbats doing their "dissent is patriotic thing."

Posted by: Scaramouche at March 29, 2009 10:14 PM

quiznos torpedos

Posted by: Anonymous at March 29, 2009 10:36 PM

LIMBAUGH PALIN 2012

Posted by: Anonymous at March 29, 2009 11:01 PM

wait, what are we talking about again?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 29, 2009 11:15 PM

Maybe 0bama voters should have their anonymity undergo the same treatment as Prop. 8 donors. On a sidenote, VH, I think it may be time for a bit of comment moderation. It seems that many 0bamunists have not evolved to the point of rational thought judging by 'Anonymous's insane ramblings. Let me help you out, Anonymous. For posting mindless mantras as comments, go to HuffingtonPost.com, you're welcome.

Posted by: Smoke TNT at March 29, 2009 11:51 PM

You can't stop us! We're Anonymous! We have the mad skillz of copy-and paste! Look upon our works, you mighty, and despair!

/sarc

Posted by: comet at March 30, 2009 12:00 AM

This is the kind of crap I was afraid would happen. I have mentioned several times how there are different degrees of trolling, and on the top tier of annoying jerks are the little brats from 4chan. And they won't stop. One troll here brings more. I'll lay odds that one of your regular trolls tipped these guys off. The Quiznos ad article seemed to be the most hit one, so I'm thinking the troll baiter was an upset homosexual troll who knows how the 4chan guys think and act. I'd venture over to the site to see if the call to arms is still there, but 4chan is so vile I don't even want to. Comment moderation would be nice in a situation like this.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 30, 2009 12:03 AM

Best thing to do is ignore them. Giving them any kind of feedback could create a vendetta, which would just result in a huge pile of stupidity.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 30, 2009 2:19 AM

" i think barrack obama is a pretty cool guy,"
Yet you don't even know how to spell his name.
"and doesn't afraid of anything."
Okay, did you drop out of school in the second grade or something?

Posted by: Adam at March 30, 2009 5:21 AM

Hey guys, did you see this?

BBC reinvent fat balding Friar Tuck as black martial arts expert for new series of Robin Hood (Hat tip: Gates of Vienna.)

Because we all know there were black martial arts experts in medieval England.

(P.S. The long-lining troll made the Preview and Post buttons go far right in horizontal scrolling, in case you were wondering where they went.)

Posted by: Conservigilant at March 30, 2009 6:14 AM

Since China finances most of the US debt, shouldn't the Chinese get to pick our president?

Posted by: JamesJ at March 30, 2009 6:32 AM

Obama's a pathological megalomaniac. He's worse than Fidel Castro and Hugh Chavez. I wish more people were upset about this horrible government interference with private industry. Too bad most people don't understand the significance of it. The average person has so little power over things like this that ultimately affect us all.

Posted by: Lyn at March 30, 2009 6:46 AM

Four words...
comment moderation
user registration

Posted by: Paul H at March 30, 2009 6:54 AM

And that awful monster Toxic Taxcheat Tim said in front of Congress "no, this isn't radical." Did you get a load of him with Michele Bachmann? "uh, what constitution?" He was so insufferable, I literally want to throttle him.

Posted by: Karin at March 30, 2009 7:05 AM

How about Raines and Gorelick for the GM and Chrysler jobs? They did such a fine job with FannieMae and FreddieMac. Affirmative Action car loans!

No job? No money? No problem! Here's a car, bring it back in 2 years and we'll give you another one, OK?

Posted by: Shooter1001 at March 30, 2009 7:33 AM

I hear the former Mayor of Detroit is available.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2009 8:48 PM

Actually he has already been hired by Compuware Inc.

Posted by: son of a preacher man at March 30, 2009 8:11 AM

Oh, I wouldn't worry about the trolls - they're a known quantity.

Look at it this way - they wouldn't be here if the site wasn't a success.

Cheers!

Posted by: Rob Banks at March 30, 2009 8:33 AM

I can't say as I really blame Wagoner, if I were in his position, I would likely be 'going Galt', as well.

Posted by: Eric at March 30, 2009 8:57 AM

BO says, "The government will stand behind your warranties."

That's a lie.

#1...is Congress going into the GM Parts business? Is Congress going to open a Mr. Goodwrench garage in downtown DC?

#2...if you drive a GM/GMAC truck or SUV: "Sorry fella. YOUR warranty ran out on March 30, 2009."

Q: When will this madness END ?

A: Not until EVERYONE is living like the Flintstones and driving a foot-powered Stone Age vehicle like Fred's.

*sigh* DON'T LAUGH! *sigh*

Posted by: Stymie at March 30, 2009 9:07 AM

It is most important to remember that GM committed the one unforgivable sin in business.... They ran out of money. When you go to the last resort loan sharks for cash, they call the tune from then on. It is no longer a private company.....after taking a giant wad of taxpayer money and then still being dependent on more of the same!

Posted by: V at March 30, 2009 9:24 AM

I agree V, but the US Government has been bankrupt since the 1930s.

We give them money, but we don't get to call any tunes.

What if WE stopped giving them money??

Posted by: Stymie at March 30, 2009 9:54 AM

So, when is Chairman Zero going to determine salary and employment in general for executives at Apple, Starbuck's, and Outpost foods?

Posted by: J at March 30, 2009 12:43 PM

J...GIVE HIM TIME ! He can only ruin one aspect of American life at a time. If he moves too fast, he'll FAIL.

And we wouldn't want that, would we?

Posted by: Stymie at March 30, 2009 12:55 PM

Wish Obama would ask Barney Frank and Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to step down also....

Posted by: Gary at March 30, 2009 1:44 PM

To Conservigilant :
Wasn't that the point of the Morgan Freeman character in The Prince of Thieves. He introduced so many anachronistic devices, such as telescopes and explosives, I was half expecting him to exit via a police call box.

Posted by: James McEnanly at March 30, 2009 8:36 PM