« Democretins Rush to Failure | Main | An Inconvenient Trend (for the Goracle) »

March 13, 2009

Autocratic Judge Condemns Kids to Public School

Hitler didn't allow homeschooling; why would the statist fanatics who have taken over our country? A judge in increasingly moonbatterized North Carolina has laid down the law.

Judge Ned Mangum (presumably no relation to Crystal) has decreed that Vanessa Mills be stripped of her right to homeschool her three kids, who have been learning at home for four years and consequently test two years above grade level, apparently because the ideas she's been teaching them need to be "challenged." Mills is a conservative Christian; as an apparatchik in the legal establishment, Mangum is most likely a moonbat.

The judge admits that Mills has done a "good job" of homeschooling. In addition to their academic success, the kids have been involved in swim team, history club, and other activities. But the state has a vested interest in ensuring that all children are subjected to official indoctrination, else they might grow up to believe in right and wrong, instead of politically correct and incorrect.

On a tip from SK.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 13, 2009 7:40 AM

Comments

My wife home schools our 2 school age children here in Ohio, as do a majority of our friends. Our schools here are horribly rampant with moonbat teachers. If they ever force us into public school, we'll just head to a free state.

Posted by: Paul Howard at March 13, 2009 7:55 AM

I hope Vanessa Mills moves to America instead of putting up with the edict of a fascist.

Posted by: single stack at March 13, 2009 8:08 AM

How much longer before violent revolution?

AC

Posted by: AC at March 13, 2009 8:12 AM

How much longer before violent revolution?

Not sure.

Record this, tell your friends.

Posted by: cowlove at March 13, 2009 8:19 AM

This is horrifying. I did raise my children in a homeschooling "free state" (it's the only thing free about our state) but we had to fight to get it that way and keep it that way - we came along just after the "pioneers". The price of liberty is eternal vigilance, and it required definite involvement.

Is it possible this woman, despite being divorced with a husband who didn't support homeschooling, did NOT belong to HSLDA? Don't stay home without it! Those freedoms were hard won, believe me - if you're enjoying them, please support the people who got you there and they will be there when the state comes after you.

Posted by: Anniee451 at March 13, 2009 8:36 AM

I live in Wake County, and about half the families I know go to either a private or charter school, or they homeschool. Wake County is 805sq.mi. large and has one autocratic and insanely corrupt school system (Wake County Public School System). I highly doubt this will go over well with the parents in this area.

Posted by: John B. at March 13, 2009 8:47 AM

I've been tempted to homeschool. My first grader attends public school and just spent the last few days learning about teeth and how to brush properly. Today is "bring a stuffed animal to school day" and "wear pink to support teachers to protest funding cuts day". Is that REALLY the best use of their time and effort?!!

Posted by: Annie at March 13, 2009 8:56 AM

John, NC?

Posted by: cowlove at March 13, 2009 9:07 AM

The question is, was she using homeschooling as an excuse to to avoid working full time to collect extra spousal maintenance? I'm all for homeschooling but in a divorce situation I don't want to see the man get smacked with extra alimony obligations just so his wife can continue to homeschool. There might be more to the story.

Posted by: TK at March 13, 2009 9:09 AM

Lol, are you serious? That may be a question, but it's certainly not the focus of this story, nor should it be. It amounts to pure, unfounded speculation on your part, in the face of a lot of contradictory evidence.

Posted by: cowlove at March 13, 2009 9:18 AM

Are you sure that Ned and Crystal aren't related? They are from the same area.

Who usually wins the national spelling bee? Homeschoolers.

Posted by: redneckrick at March 13, 2009 10:11 AM

I recall asking the K teacher to help me with my snow boots when I was a little kid, I couldn't get them on. She refused so I kicked her! I wasn't always the model citizen I am now. So they told my mother perhaps I wasn't ready for school yet. Mom just walked me down to the Catholic school and I was reading within a week. And behaving as well!
I knew how to brush my teeth and we couldn't waste money on any stuffed animals. I learned how to add and subtract in the first grade. Back then, the parochial schools didn't have a K.
I put both my kids, k-12 through parochial school.
Cost me a few bucks but it was worth it.
Public school is just a liberal education camp.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at March 13, 2009 1:23 PM

Posted by: cowlove at March 13, 2009 9:18 AM

Liberals can only resort to rhetoric because the facts are not on their side in almost all issues.

As Shooter1001 said, public school is a 'liberal training camp'. If you don't come out as a product of that system, you are 'Christian scum' to them. Although, I have friends who are atheists and homeschool their three children.

Posted by: SK at March 13, 2009 4:00 PM

Another ruling from one of the demacraps imperial judges just what the sinsiter NEW WORLD ORDER wants another judge that should get booted

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at March 13, 2009 8:18 PM