February 13, 2009
Waste Not Want Not
You only need to watch the first 12 seconds; the rest is duckspeak:
To really get the most out of a crisis, you need to make it worse — as bad as possible — for example, by flushing away $1 trillion on frivolous pork during a recession. Once you've made the crisis bad enough, you can impose almost anything.
On a tip from David B.
Posted by Van Helsing at February 13, 2009 7:17 PM
This guy could play the heavy in a Peter Lorre movie.
Posted by: claw at February 13, 2009 7:52 PM
He's a dangerous, deranged son-of-a-bitch. He’s the guy the liberals in charge chose to pull the strings of their little brown messiah puppet. If Hillary had won, I’m betting he would have been her overseer also.
Posted by: Jimbo at February 13, 2009 8:46 PM
Paying a trillion dollars worth of our national debt off with that money would inflate the dollars worth; and would also show America is serious about its economy, and spending.
Spending a trillion dollars on frivolous Government pet projects is just more of the same, and worse there is at least 2+ more years of this Congress spending without challenge.
Posted by: xantl at February 13, 2009 10:01 PM
They've gutted whatever small tax relief/credits (such as for purchasing a new home or car) were in the Porkulus bill. It's ALL spending on pet Dem projects now. One hundred percent.
Specter, Collins and Snowe have to be punished HARD for this. They are true traitors to those who elected them.
We are being so screwed it's unbelievable.
Posted by: Montag (matt) at February 13, 2009 11:56 PM
"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste"
Especially when you manufactured it.
Posted by: lvb-rocks at February 14, 2009 12:17 AM
You have NO IDEA!!
Posted by: David G. at February 14, 2009 1:51 AM
I'm pretty sure he learned that from Dick "If you will" Cheney, who knew what the mother of all opportunities was when he let 9/11 happen. Because Emanuel is a Democrat, he at least has to act like one sometimes (do "we the peoples" business) as opposed to saying 'fuck off' to the world while trying to fuck it over, just like youl'd expect from a big dick. Too bad we wasted so much attention and money puffing ourselves up to be number one ...it backfired and look heaping pile of shit team Bush and the Phil Gram-ians left us with... ok I admit Clinton did his part... he was more like you guys than you would admit. Bet you guys like blowjobs too...
Perhaps this site would be of use.
Divorce has become more acceptable you know, since Gingrich and Limbaugh. I'm all for it. Imagine "The United States of Moonbatterya"
Posted by: Fez at February 14, 2009 5:43 AM
Anybody got any fresh batteries for the presidential flashlight?:
Shine the Light on Federal Contracts, Tax Breaks and Earmarks
* Create a Public “Contracts and Influence” Database: As president, Obama will create a “contracts and influence” database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them.
* Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will ensure that any tax breaks for corporate recipients — or tax earmarks — are also publicly available on the Internet in an easily searchable format.
* End Abuse of No-Bid Contracts: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will end abuse of no-bid contracts by requiring that nearly all contract orders over $25,000 be competitively awarded.
* Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.
* Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama’s Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.
Feb 14, 2009 - 7:14 am
Posted by: joey buzzard at February 14, 2009 7:24 AM
"I'm pretty sure he learned that from Dick "If you will" Cheney, who knew what the mother of all opportunities was when he let 9/11 happen."
FEZ, you provide the PROOF and WE'LL provide the ROPE!
But the TRUTH is you have NOTHING.
Posted by: Anonymous at February 14, 2009 8:19 AM
GOOD NEWS! Not everyone likes BO.
Posted by: Anonymous at February 14, 2009 9:03 AM
That last one was supposed to go on the Open Thread. Sorry.
Posted by: Anonymous at February 14, 2009 9:08 AM
"The war made possible for us the solution of a whole series of problems that could never have been solved in normal times."
-- Joseph Paul Goebbels (1897-1945) Nazi Propaganda Minister
Source: The Göebbels Diaries, 1942-1943
Make no mistake about what these creatures are. This piece of shit and its master should be arrested, tried for treason and executed.
Don't understand? Start here:
Posted by: waypasthadenough at February 14, 2009 9:56 AM
You can hear the GLEE in his vice when he says the economic crisis is "GOOD NEWS". Can there possibly be any doubt WHO caused this crisis and WHY!!? More proof the Dems were willing to destroy this nation, possibly the worlds economy to get Barry elected!!
Posted by: TED at February 14, 2009 9:58 AM
"But the TRUTH is you have NOTHING."
Anon your ears can't hear the truth, they are too full of Kool-Aid!
To anger a Conservative tell him a LIE, to anger a liberal thell him the TRUTH!
Posted by: TED at February 14, 2009 10:06 AM
Sorry that was to go to FEZ...
Posted by: TED at February 14, 2009 10:08 AM
Its no accident that the banking system collapsed just after McCain pulled even with Obama in the polls in early September. The name George Soros ring a bell? The plan had been put in motion back 2004 but the trigger wasnt pulled until it was needed. Of course that is all just nonsense. Or is it.
And the Stimulus was never meant to stimulate anything but the need for even more spending and socialist control as the people will become more and more desperate for a solution. Theres good reason why an old photo with Obamas head atop FDRs body was used for a TIME magazine cover.
Posted by: Deep Windpipe at February 14, 2009 10:35 AM
I think i,ll now be sick
Posted by: Spurwing Plover at February 14, 2009 11:01 AM