« Obama Disses Winston Churchill | Main | ACORN Thugs Now Breaking Into and Seizing Homes »

February 20, 2009

Countermoonbat Santelli Backed by 93% of CNBC Viewers

Despite the sneering response Rick Santelli got from his colleagues at CNBC for giving voice to those of us who are not ready to give up on America and succumb to socialism, currently 93% of viewers in left-leaning CNBC's own poll would like to join the "Chicago Tea Party" Santelli proposes as a protest against the Obama regime forcing us to give $billions upon $billions to people who took out mortgages they can't afford.

santelli-cnbc-poll.gif

On tips from navek and J.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 20, 2009 8:58 AM

Comments

It will only get worse. Now that limitations on welfare gone, these same people in trouble on their house, who may have otherwise found a job in the next few years, won't. They will still have these mortgages and we will forever have to pay both their mortgage and welfare checks.

Posted by: mandy at February 20, 2009 9:17 AM

Almost seems that it comes down to brass tacks -- like having to pay from one's own pocket for others' financial mistakes -- whwn it's no longer someone else's money that we're running out of -- suddenly everyone is conservative.

Weird, huh?

Posted by: Mandible Claw at February 20, 2009 9:20 AM

Socialism only lasts until you run out of other people's money.

Posted by: single stack at February 20, 2009 9:23 AM

I wonder if civil unrest would be considered a 'crisis'? The President has the power to institue martial law in times of crisis (that he alone decides) and it supercedes all other legislation. :O!

Posted by: Vernon M at February 20, 2009 9:34 AM

Over at DemoUndgrnd, they are whining about how the media is even showing this, even giving it the time of day. One said "Where are Keith and Rachael???!!!" Like those two are mini-messiahs, somebody's always got to come to the rescue. I voted in that poll, I'm one of the 93%.

Posted by: Karin at February 20, 2009 9:56 AM

"The Soviet Union went out not with a bang but a whimper, but the same might not hold true for the USA. One month into this travesty of a presidency and the anger is already reaching explosive levels. We are still Americans, no matter what sort of socialist weasel the liberal fifth column has been able to install in the White House. Our country is worth fighting for."

Van I think that is the best paragraph you've yet written.

Posted by: Air2air at February 20, 2009 10:13 AM

"...Our country is worth fighting for..."

Damn right it is, VH.
Count me in. I'll go to the "Tea Party".
And get ready to see Santelli suddenly "leave" CNBC. I'll wager he won't be on again starting next week. Brave man- I salute him for seeing the light- and more importantly speaking out. This is what's been missing from journalism: truth, emotion, and genuine humanity.

Posted by: Murff at February 20, 2009 10:20 AM

Santelli: the next US Senator from Illinois!

Posted by: The MaryHunter at February 20, 2009 11:13 AM

Murff, maybe he'll be picked up by Fox.
They took the poll down just before noon. I'm glad we got the snap of it. Overloaded? Hijacked?

Posted by: Karin at February 20, 2009 12:16 PM

it's up to 96 now I think!

Posted by: puffdaddy at February 20, 2009 2:34 PM

Yep, just as I suspected. After reading this story, I was a bit suspicious, so I went to Drudgereport... there was a link to the poll, prominently posted.

But, I'm sure you guys and gals knew that already ;-)

Posted by: Joe the Plumber at February 20, 2009 2:37 PM

Go to CHICAGO disgused as eagles and dump all those BARACK OBAMAS COMEARRATIVE COINS into the river

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at February 20, 2009 3:11 PM

If you haven't watched the embedded video, do so. It's one of the few times in the "mainstream" media that you will hear anything but unbridled support for the government's boneheaded plans. And that Chicago accent is sweet!

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at February 20, 2009 3:18 PM

And now the White House has responded by rebuking Santelli. They mention him by name.
White House Rebuts Santelli
Maybe Karin's right. Maybe FOX would try and pick up Santelli. But that depends- has he had an actual political epiphany, or is he just a loose cannon? If it's the latter, I don't think FOX would take him.

Posted by: Murff at February 20, 2009 5:09 PM

"Joe the Plumber at February 20, 2009 2:37 PM"

And your point is WHAT?

Posted by: KHarn at February 20, 2009 5:46 PM

Karin,

Did you notice how Santelli's counterparts back in studio were trying to laugh him off? They were all squirming in their chairs while Santelli told their viewers that the Emperor Obama had no clothes. Not a one of them dared to venture a supportive opinion of what Santelli was saying, but rather treated him like Howard Beale doing his "I'm as mad as hell" routine.

A startlingly candid appraisal by Santelli, but a typical chickenshit response by his counterparts.

Posted by: bustoff at February 20, 2009 6:36 PM

'Joe the Plumber': I, too, had my suspicions. And just as with yours, they were proven correct: it turns out that Drudge is a news aggregator renowned for running many stories on the politics of media, which is read by millions of people-and this apparently has been going on for years! We are truly through the looking glass with this shocking discovery.

Posted by: Mandible Claw at February 21, 2009 12:46 AM

Karin, Muff @ Feb 20:
But..but.. I thought the DU were the last champions of a free and honest press, in the face of the onslaught of the Faux news rethuglican propaganda machine!?1?2?

I read a hilarious blog entry a while back from a DUer (iirc) accusing the journalist in a Biden iview of being a 'partisan hack' for asking Plugs if he still stood by criticism of the surge in Iraq-because the interviewer was asking a tough qn of Biden instead of grilling 'the real war criminals.'

Posted by: Anonymous at February 21, 2009 1:09 AM

That's because newsreaders are idiots. They are paid to look good in front of a camera and read a teleprompter. If they didn't have perfect teeth and good hair, they'd be working at DMV, that's how stupid they are. They don't have the slightest clue how the economy works. You've seen the movie 'Idiocracy,' that's the MSM.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at February 21, 2009 7:56 AM

Yep, absolutely, I mentioned that to my wife. They were distinctly uneasy, like a dog getting a bath.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at February 21, 2009 11:24 AM

America didn't revolt on the first bail out, it's not going to do anything but whine about this one.

Arm Chair revolutionaries, lol. oh my.

Posted by: Chris at February 23, 2009 6:27 AM