« Open Thread | Main | Governor Gregoire's Slippery Slope to Insanity »

December 10, 2008

Among Scientists, Resistance to Global Warming Hoax Spreads

As the climate continues to cool, it's no surprise that the alleged consensus regarding the farcical global warming crisis hasn't been holding up so well.

The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN. The report has added about 250 scientists (and growing) in 2008 to the over 400 scientists who spoke out in 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

A few highlights from the minority report:

"It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming."
— U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.
"Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly. … As a scientist I remain skeptical."
— Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called "among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years."
Warming fears are the "worst scientific scandal in the history. … When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists."
— UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
"The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds."
— Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata.
"CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another. … Every scientist knows this, but it doesn't pay to say so. … Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver's seat and developing nations walking barefoot."
— Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.
"For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?"
— Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.
"Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly [from promoting warming fears], without having their professional careers ruined."
— Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.
"Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense. … The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning."
— Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

Meanwhile, bureaucrats dreaming of international totalitarianism press forward with this preposterous hoax, so deranged by their lust for power that they have no clue how absurd they look to anyone who isn't too gullible to notice that it hasn't been getting warmer.

this-is-global-warming.JPG

On a tip from The Him.

Posted by Van Helsing at December 10, 2008 9:03 PM

certkiller - http://www.certkiller.com/RHCE-certification-training.htm; testking - http://www.testking.com/techking/category/infographics/; passguide - passguide 220-801; realtests - http://www.realtests.com/admission/gmat-practice-test.htm; test inside - http://www.test-inside.com/test/toefl-practice-test.htm

Comments

And in other Global Warming News it snowed in Houston today. The sky is falling!!!

Posted by: your-name-here at December 10, 2008 10:30 PM

Ditto that. We're expecting snow here in Alabama tomorrow.

Posted by: Anonymous at December 10, 2008 11:17 PM

The oil companies must have deep pockets to pay of that many scientist, huh?

Posted by: conservativeteen at December 10, 2008 11:23 PM

I've spent countless hours trying to find an explanation for the CO2 lag in ice core data. All I have found is double talk and outright lies. I have found one thing for certain though, that AGW is a complete hoax... and everyone knows it. James Hansen knows it, Al Gore knows it, 0bama knows it, the UN/IPCC knows it, and anyone who takes an objective look at any of the data knows it.

Posted by: Smoke TNT at December 10, 2008 11:48 PM

I remember when I got my first radio gig back in February of 2007, I devoted a lot of time on my morning show to arguing against global warming. I got a lot of calls from listeners telling me I was stupid, and wasting my time. Station management told me the same thing as most of the callers: "All the evidence says that it IS happening", "based on a consensus of scientists", "and here you are trying to tell us everybody but YOU is wrong. It makes you look like a pretentious fool."

Now who looks like a bunch of idiots? And who looks like a guy who thinks for himself, makes decisions based on fact, and isn't afraid to speak about his unpopular opinion? (Incidentally, I think that's why I get along with so many of us here on Moonbattery.) I am proud to be in the company of others with such similar convictions.

Posted by: Murff at December 11, 2008 5:01 AM

Every sane person knows that the lag in CO2 rise during warm periods is because as the Earth warms, there is more life and more life = more CO2. A colder earth has less life and lower CO2 levels. Thats what THEY really want. To them the fewer humans the better. Some in fact think humanity should be eliminted entirely.

I missed this a few weeks back. Apparently now that the election is over, the Weather Channel has axed Global Warming hype fest FORECAST EARTH and its entire "Environmental Unit" along with that shill, Heidi "Fleis" Cullen.

"Weather Channel nixes “Forecast Earth”, including Cullen

2008
UPDATE: 11/25 I now have word from a reputable source close to TWC that Cullen was indeed part of the layoff. - Anthony

I’ve been following this story since yesterday, but the details kept being somewhat nebulous. Since WaPo has it, I’ve decided it is safe to consider reasonably accurate now. It looks like TWC has ditched their entire environmental unit, and possibly also host Heidi Cullen, who once said:

“If a meteorologist has an AMS Seal of Approval, which is used to confer legitimacy to TV meteorologists, then meteorologists have a responsibility to truly educate themselves on the science of global warming.” “Meteorologists are among the few people trained in the sciences who are permitted regular access to our living rooms. And in that sense, they owe it to their audience to distinguish between solid, peer-reviewed science and junk political controversy.” “If a meteorologist can’t speak to the fundamental science of climate change, then maybe the AMS shouldn’t give them a Seal of Approval.”

Posted by: Name at December 11, 2008 6:03 AM

So job openings at the Weather Channel as well? Hmmmm. I could really enjoy a gig there.

Posted by: Murff at December 11, 2008 6:32 AM

And just how did those IPCC get there? they certianly didnt flap their arms and fly nor did they swim or teleport themselves there THEY CAME IN THEIR PRIVATE JETS AND RODE THERE IN THEIR GAS GUZZLING 4 MPG LIMOS, But i say KUDOS TO THE BRAVE 650 SCIENTIST TO HAVE BUCKED THE STATUS QUO FOR THE TRUTH and SCREW YOU AL GORE YOU RICH SPOILED BRAT YOU

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at December 11, 2008 7:42 AM

Well how about that? You mean there are actually scientists that still care about science, as opposed to using it as a front to obtain grant money? Who knew? I mean, there was CONSENSUS, dammit! The Earth is warming! The ocean is becoming acidic! The coral is dying! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

Perhaps the Earth knows perfectly well how to take care of itself. Maybe the forces at play in our environment, like in the rest of the known universe, tend towards equilibrium - they're self correcting. Perhaps the resources on this Earth were put here for us to use. Perhaps also there is no "higher" purpose for any of this - it all just happened (don't ask me how). Those who "speak for the Earth" have deluded themselves into thinking that they know the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything (thanks Douglas Adams), or else are using it as a means of control over others. Or both. Of course, equilibrium doesn't score mad research dollars, but a global panic sure as hell does.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at December 11, 2008 10:31 AM

Of course, any scientist who denies Global Warming only does so because they are flaks for the Oil Industry.

Yup, all 650 of 'em....

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at December 11, 2008 10:40 AM

Murff,
I had a radio gig in the 80's through early 90's. Man was it fun I was the Music Director on a 1000w FM station. We constantly blew away our 50,000 watt rival in springpatch,Il. It was like being the only kid in a candy shop or more to my age group, a person with a blank check in a Roush Mustang dealership.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at December 11, 2008 12:59 PM

I bet when there are 128,769,864 scientist deniers, gas prices will be $25.00 a gallon in order to pay all of them.

Posted by: Bob at December 11, 2008 1:28 PM

The left is already spinning this report as "old" and "debunked."

Posted by: Mark E at December 11, 2008 7:50 PM

well a glimmer of hope is better than nothing.

Posted by: rumcrook at December 11, 2008 8:33 PM

Just found moonbattery today and thank god there are still some people left who can think. I thought the scientific community had dropped the whole notion of empirical evaluation.
The argument that dissenters are in the pockets of big oil seems to show how weak the AGW hypothesis has become.

Courts in the UK have found against Al's movie and labeled it propaganda, what I can't wait to see are all the law suits that are going to get filed against Al's planet saving company.

I also can't wait to see what the next crusade of crap is going to be about now that all planet protectors are down an issue to protest and march about.

I love the reference I read else where that the 650 dissenters are equivalent to the Spartans 300.

Posted by: Matt at December 17, 2008 2:38 AM

Ooh, look! Global warming conspiracy theorists!

Posted by: a Socialist taking your money at December 17, 2008 2:31 PM