« Tinseltown's Limousine Leftists Threaten to Strike Again | Main | Iranians Know Enough to Loathe Code Pink »

November 24, 2008

The Hype Continues

Via Mother, May I Sleep With Treacher, here's an actual poll accompanying a puff piece on the wonders of the Moonbat Messiah at the Philadelphia Enquirer:

philly-inquirer-poll.jpg

Someone at the paper woke up and took Bobby Kennedy off. Now all they have to do is add Jimmy Carter and Pol Pot.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 24, 2008 7:25 AM

Comments

Apparently, you don't have to be that smart to be apart of the Inquirer operation. Hmm, you'd think that would be surprising... but it isn't.

Posted by: SpideyTerry at November 24, 2008 7:52 AM

Where are the real choices, Franklin Pierce or Warren Harding?

Posted by: Anonymous at November 24, 2008 7:55 AM

Bobby Kennedy's presence notwithstanding, couldn't they put anyone on that list who actually survived their presidency? Me thinks the left's hopes for Obama may be lower than advertised.

Posted by: the mechanic at November 24, 2008 8:18 AM

No Carter? That's the most obvious. It is interesting in the comments one of Obama's leg humpers brings up the 'stop being a sore loser, you lost get over it' meme. I guess they have forgotten their behavior for the last eight years. It's the kind of stuff I would expect from the historically-challenged that think RFK was President.

Posted by: IOpian at November 24, 2008 8:22 AM

It should say which world leader is Obama more like:

- Hugo Chavez
- Fidel Castro
- Robert Mugabe
- Kim Jong Il

Tough call, right now Id go with Hugo Chavez. But given enough time he could work his way down the list.

Posted by: Name at November 24, 2008 8:23 AM

Fortunately for America, Bobby Kennedy was never president nor was he ever former president!

Posted by: Shooter1001 at November 24, 2008 9:18 AM

What I'd like is a President reminiscent of Calvin Coolidge.

Posted by: Kevin R at November 24, 2008 11:02 AM

Not to mention the fact that Obama isn't even President yet! How the hell do we know who he is reminiscent of? My thoughts lean to Carter as well (though Hugo Chavez is a good fit as well if we take world leaders into account), but until he gets about his business we have no idea what he'll be like.

All this goes to show two things about journalists: they've abandoned all pretense of objectivity, and they're not very bright.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at November 24, 2008 11:17 AM

The poll should list the world's other black presidents: Idi Amin, Poppa Doc Duvalier, Robert Mugabe, and so on.

Posted by: Max at November 24, 2008 11:23 AM

Two weeks ago I'd have said Carter too, but I'm heartened by his proposed Cabinet appointments. I'd half expected Kucinich as SecDef, Cindy Sheehan to head a newly formed Department of Peace, Antoin Rezko to head SEC, etc., but Obama's choices (keeping Gates as SecDef - whoa!) give me hope.

For that reason, I would urge us to give the Messiah a chance. He may not be as bad as we'd feared; he may not be a leftwing idealogue but rather a rank opportunist (which I don't admire, but can live with). Lefties are already seething with betrayal at his proposed appointments. If he governs from the middle, and doesn't go batsh!t crazy, I'm OK with him.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 24, 2008 11:43 AM

Oddly enough, the results showed that no one voted for RFK!...........YET

Posted by: Darrel at November 24, 2008 12:52 PM

In fact, on the Enquirer's website, Bobby Kennedy is not even mentioned. I think you have been had VK.

Posted by: Darrel at November 24, 2008 12:54 PM

Sorry, Jay G., but the Obamanation is what he is -- a rabid Marxist (just hiding it for a little while longer). Once in power, look for all collectivism, all the time. Worst part about the wait is, Bush is greasing the skids for him, big time, with the "bailouts" (er, thefts), etc.

If there's a wimpy Repubic or two, like Gates, he'll let 'em hang around, but heaven forbid should anyone show the slightest tilt toward any direction but ultra-ultra left, and they're out on their ass -- just wait and see . . .

Posted by: jc14 at November 24, 2008 4:02 PM

jc14, two weeks ago I'd have probably agreed with you, because I thought Obama was conning America into believing he wasn't Marxist Lite.

Now I'm not so sure. Clearly Obama has been conning someone, but the hope now flickers that it was Left, whom he conned into believing he was Marxist Lite.

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but we're in with a chance now, I think. We just have to wait to see who got conned here.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 24, 2008 4:48 PM

Jay: That would be 52% of the American people, including members of both parties. And the unqualified nobody laughs all the way to the bank.

Not to put anybody off their dinner, but even after Obama's 4 or 8 (or 10!) years is up, we may have to put up with Senator Michelle. After all, if people will elect Obama President, why wouldn't they elect Michelle to the Senate? God help us all.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at November 24, 2008 5:04 PM

My vote is: Woodrow Wilson (Do I need to explain that one?)

Posted by: Sharpshooter at November 24, 2008 7:59 PM

Do we love McCain here?

Posted by: A Real American at November 24, 2008 8:17 PM

Love McCain? I can only speak for myself, of course. I love McCain in the same sense that I'd love seventeen stitches in my scalp if it were the alternative to full-mouth tooth extraction.

Posted by: hiram at November 24, 2008 10:12 PM