« Media's Absurd Deification of Marxist Punk Continues | Main | Obama Kool-Aid: The Movie »

November 8, 2008

Maya Angelou No Longer Ashamed of America

There is one bright side to the Moonbat Messiah's catastrophic election, other than not having to pretend anymore not to detest John McCain. Now Maya Angelou doesn't have to be ashamed of her country. Here she goes:

I realized almost within a minute, I don't have to apologize for my country when I'm abroad. I can say, "I belong to a great country," and there are Europeans who say, "Aren't you glad to be here in France where we don't have the racism you live under? Aren't you glad you're here in Britain?" I mean, I've been on the defensive so long. But this time I can say, "I am an American, look at us, look at what we've just achieved."

What we've achieved: we elected a completely unqualified, ultra-left punk on the basis of his skin color. Now European countries will have to elect inexperienced blacks or Arabs with radical backgrounds to prove they're as suicidally politically correct as we are, or we can look down our noses at them for a change.

To borrow from Michelle Obama, for the first time in my adult life, I'm not proud of my country.

angelou_maya.jpg
Moonbat poet Maya Angelou, apparently in the bathtub with her clothes on.

On a tip from Pedro V.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 8, 2008 8:13 AM

Comments

maya angelou is as crazy as they come so why dont her and her worshippers of the mighty EMOPRER PALPATINE OBAMA go and grovle at his feet and maybe kiss his robes and make freaky sounds as they do so to prove their loyalty to their new demigod

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 8, 2008 8:48 AM

who cares what she thinks?

Posted by: Blue at November 8, 2008 9:20 AM

Next time I'm in Europe, I'm going to take great pleasure in commenting to people, "You know, in some ways I really like Europe, except for the people being so primitive and provincial when it comes to racism. Just once I'd like to see a black or Moslem head of state, and then I'll know Europe is no longer 500 years behind the rest of the world. I mean, no seriously, I do like the buildings and history and stuff, it's just that European leaders are all so .... I don't know .... white and male, or something. It's all so ... pre-modern or something. Like American in a way, except all the leaders are old white guys and the voters don't trust or acknowledge the minorities who are struggling for their rights."

That in itself might be worth putting up with Nobama for a few years.

Posted by: mega at November 8, 2008 9:22 AM

It's easy to make moron voters out of ignorant people. And this is the top of the list for ignorant people.

Reject Obamunism.

Posted by: bill-tb at November 8, 2008 9:29 AM

"Lying spoon-fashioned in the filthy hatches of slave ships, in each other's excrement and urine, they have paid for each one of us. If you can--if you can just ingest that little piece of truth." - Maya Angelou, November 2007

Well, on Tuesday, America ingested a heaping helping of excrement, that's for dang sure.

Posted by: V the K at November 8, 2008 9:37 AM

That caption is priceless.

Posted by: Two Dogs at November 8, 2008 10:04 AM

We had a little problem called the Civil War. Thousands and thousands of white men from the North in places like New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, and Indiana went south and fought and died to free black men. Many had never even seen a black man. There never seems to be any mention of that in her poor poetry.

There are a lot of black Americans who actually want to believe that they freed themselves rather than believe that tens of thousands of white men died to end slavery.

By the way, One of the favorite songs of everybody including black vocalists is Amazing Grace. It was written by a slave trader.

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 8, 2008 10:04 AM

Has she ever lived in Europe (as I have, for many years)? It's as racist as they come. They talk a good game, but that's it. As the Brits say, "the wogs start in Calais."

Plus, after all, it was Europeans who brought slavery to this continent before there even was an America. To then blame us for their crime is the height of hypocrisy. Who blames an infant who's born with gonorrhea?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 8, 2008 10:04 AM

Yeah, now we can be just as productive as the Europeans too.

Posted by: Jaeson at November 8, 2008 10:09 AM

Now the rest of get to be ashamed of America (or at least its literary talent) when we hear her poem read at the inauguration.

Posted by: Beef at November 8, 2008 10:13 AM

For those who don't have experience living or at least traveling extensively in Europe, all I can say is, it'd be hard to comprehend how incredibly ludicrous her statement is.

Europeans invented "white supremacy"

Europeans have ghettoized entire immigrant communities in a way we in the US would never understand or recognize

Europeans despise and hate anyone who is different than them.

One group of Europeans murdered 6 million Jews and another 6 million undesirables

Europeans scoured the planet for resources, slaves, and plunder for hundreds of years, decimating and pushing into extinction entire societies, such as the Aztecs, and putting hundreds of millions of people under subjugation until such peoples figured out how to climb out from under it, such as: India, the US, all of South America, they tried and failed in China. You would be hard pressed to find a spot of dirt in the world that Europeans have not tried to plunder and own.

For Europeans to call Americans "racist" is projection of such a bizarre degree, it can hardly be commented upon.

Posted by: mega at November 8, 2008 10:36 AM

I'll add to that list: trying and failing to subjugate Japan and getting their asses kicked by the Tokugawas, then trying and succeeding in the 1860's under Com. Perry.

Invading and settin up an entire continent as a prison camp (Australia) and killing off the aboriginals because they were kind of different and in the way.

Americans..."racist". Good god, LOL

Posted by: mega at November 8, 2008 10:40 AM

So you guys are all prouded up about-

Iraq, ("no WMDs under here", 5 mill refugees, 100 thou+ civilians dead), Rumsfeld, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, Heck-of-a-job George, twice! ...America dragging the world down with it into recession-depression? (stay tuned) by partly by selling the worlds banks US government certified and approved but worthless paper...

Get yerself a mirror, doggone-it! We aint so "exceptional" after all... welcome to the human race. You could at least wait until Obama becomes pres. and actually fucks something up before you get all bent out of shape.

Posted by: fez at November 8, 2008 11:04 AM

Obviously Angelou has never spent any extended period of time in Europe. Eurpoean countries have never really had a civil rights movement the way the US has. If she really believes there is no racism is France she should try being a black athlete playing against a French soccer or rugby team. She's has obviously never seen the practice of throwing bananas on the field after an opposing black player scores a goal.
The truth is Since the 60s the united states has been a leader in civil rights for all, leading the pack well ahaed of any European country.

Posted by: Andy O at November 8, 2008 11:19 AM

Hey Fez, the Daily Kos is that way. We "ain't so exceptional"? Say that to my face. My dad was part of the Greatest Generation. I'd say that, along with all the trillions in foreign aid, all the charity, all the science, all the medical advancements...and oh yeah, all the LIBERTY that has gone out into the world is pretty "exceptional".

Show me ANY other country that has done a BILLIONTH of that.

Show me what amazing contributions Maya Anjelou has bestowed on humanity aside from third-rate poetry that no one reads.

Now shut up and stop being so proud of a SOCIALIST, be he black OR white.

Posted by: matt at November 8, 2008 11:20 AM

So, instead of Robert Frost (JFK, 1961), the real thing, we get Maya Angelou (again! Yet another Clinton re-tread in the "new," "changed" America): a racist, incomprehensible nobody who would never be recognized as a "poet" in non-PC times (since she can't write worth a crap). Doubtless her "poem" read at King Obama's corona. . . er, inauguration will be a screed about how racist Amerika (with a "k") is, even though the drones/worthless liberals/homeless/dead/never-existed have just submitted to become slaves to . . . er, uh, elected a 1/2 black man (from Kenya?) President. Can't wait to hear it (got my earplugs all ready).

Posted by: jc14 at November 8, 2008 11:23 AM

Fez:

Iraq - you mean the place that was living under a brutal dictator, and is now constitutional democracy without rape rooms, people snatched from their homes in the night....that place?

Rumsfeld - Is he still employed by Bush? I didn't think so. But hey, we can look forward to your Obamamessiah getting economic advice from the folks who have done such a great job in Michigan by jacking up taxes (500K jobs lost in two years, 2 million people moving away from state)...

Abu Ghraib - Yeah, it was really awful how we cut off prisoners heads....oh, wait, we didn't do that , did we? Oh, you mean the place where our 'torture' of enemy combatants looked more like fraternity hazing, and those who went beyond that have been punished?

Guantanamo - You mean the place where, after 7 years of trying to claim that it was full of innocent people, no less a liberal organ than the New York Times declared Monday that, after investigating the matter thoroughly, that - surprise! - most if not all of its detainees are indeed dangerous terrorists?

Recession-Depression - You mean the mortgage/credit crisis directly traceable to Clinton policies of encouraging sub-prime mortgage lending to folks who could not afford it, and to Democratic congressmen who, despite McCain's and Bush's warnings that problems were on their way, stubbornly claimed that nothing was wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

I will agree, however, that you are not "exceptional". You're just another fool voting for a black candidate so you can feel better about yourself, and when asked to justify it, you resort to repeating a mantra of liberal sound-bites. You're just the kind of intellectually stunted person the Democratic Party counts on for support.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at November 8, 2008 11:24 AM

Here is the list of famous Black European European Presidents/Prime Ministers/Kings/Queens:

[chirp...chirp....chirp....]

And the Europeans had the nerve to say if we didnt elect Obama we would be racists? Okay.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 8, 2008 11:27 AM

When Zero got to be Senator he stayed around long enough to find out where the bathrooms were and then started running for president. I can't imagine how a senator could do less. Now that he is president, won't he wait until about April to start running for something else--President of the World?, God?, Antichrist? or something bigger?

He can't run anything--all he can do is run.

He truly is fit to be the subject of a Maya Angelou poem (not a complement.)

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 8, 2008 11:27 AM

i will soon be 53 and can honestly say, this is the first time in history i've EVER been so disappointed in americans - they need to give a test before allowing people the privilege of voting.

my country will always have my undying love and appreciation...its leaders, however...

Posted by: nanc at November 8, 2008 1:14 PM

" You could at least wait until Obama becomes pres. and actually fucks something up before you get all bent out of shape."
He's not even in the White House yet, but he's already done an brilliant job of screwing over his campaign workers in Indianapolis who had the nerve to expect to be paid for all the hours they worked over the last few days of the campaign.
"You might actually find a little pride in that we elected someone who, 45 years ago would have had to sit at the back of the bus... though I suspect thats may not be such a thrill for you all."
I honestly couldn't care less what race Obama is, despite all the people who howl that everyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist.
I mean, yeah, it's great that blacks in America aren't treated as second- class citizens anymore, but Barack Obama is nothing to me but another liberal politician who got elected. I'm not going to whine about him being elected (That's what liberals do when they lose elections, after all), but I'm not just going to pretend that I think Obama is going to be a good president, or really knows what's best for America. I think the main reason he got elected was simply because he was flashy enough and had enough showmanship to gain a cult of personality that were eager to vote for him. Are you familiar with the musical 'Chicago'? I think the song "Razzle Dazzle" from that perfectly sums up Obama and his campaign.
I'll be praying for Obama, that hopefully God will at least guide him to make wise decisions.

Posted by: Adam at November 8, 2008 1:55 PM

Someone in France actually said to Maya with a straight face that they don't have racism. You have got to be kidding. If I wasn't laughing so hard I'd be puking. no racism in France? No racism in England. What will they think of next?

Posted by: puffdaddy at November 8, 2008 3:46 PM

Geronimo --- Nice refutation. At least, I assume it is, since I rarely read any of the warmed-over dKos talking points fez tries to pass off as comments.

Adam, since I give the Farack-Felosi-Feid troika exactly 0.0000000% chance of not fracking up the country, I see no point in waiting. In fact, with the sub-prime mortgage crisis, they've already fracked up. So, why wait? Buck Farack.

Posted by: V the K at November 8, 2008 4:13 PM

So I guess anyone of any other race or nationality CAN'T be proud of the USA until someone from their race is elected AS PRESIDENT!

Jesus...I am sure God looks down on all of us who could be so much more less fortunate and wonders why we are such self-centered, greedy people...

I think it is going to take a much greater tragedy and loss than 9/11 for Americans to realize how blessed this country truly is.
To realize there will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself... but what is important is being happy with who you are and the effort you put out to become that person.

You can borrow that if you would like Maya Angelou!

p.s. I have purchased many of your cards in the past.

ABSOLUTELY Unbelievable

Posted by: AbsolutelyStunned at November 8, 2008 8:50 PM

I think Maya Angelou is living in her own little dream world.

Posted by: Kevin R at November 8, 2008 9:43 PM

She is one of those who are into this new age gaia poppycock new age bull kaka nonsense hogwash she is a example to the eco-freaks at the freakest

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 9, 2008 10:27 AM

For the time being I am still VERY proud of my country BUT not of many in it. Anyone that voted for Obama don't deserve the honor of living in it. I'm sure Maya is one of them. How can a moonbat moron be proud of something they want to destroy?

Posted by: TED at November 9, 2008 3:24 PM

Maya Ange-who???

Posted by: Anonymous at November 10, 2008 4:04 AM

If she is so ashamed of being American, why didn't she give up her citizenship and move to Kenya or Rwanda or some other African country (or to Iran or Afghanistan) and take up citizenship there? People who complain about America and being American, I have one thing to say to them "Good bye."

Posted by: Andrea at November 10, 2008 6:24 AM

Stunned the kool- aid will soon loose its effects.
Sheeple.