« MSNBC Integrates Advertising With Obama Campaign | Main | Slavery to Be Reinstituted »

November 5, 2008

Let the Backlash Begin

Congratulations, moonbats. You finally have your revenge for being forced to look at all those flags after 9/11. This is a day of celebration for everyone hostile to America and the principles of individual liberty for which it stands. Enjoy it while you can.

There are people lowdown enough to know in advance who and what was elected yesterday, and to have voted for the Moonbat Messiah anyway. What they have done to this country is beyond forgiveness.

But an ultra-radical leftist like Obama could not be elected in a center-right country, or even a center-left country, without a great deal of deception. Thanks to a radicalized liberal media willing to sacrifice its own long-term credibility to put a leftist in power, Obama was never publicly vetted. Moderates did not vote for a real person, but for a two-dimensional phantom temporarily conjured into being by hype.

The opposition made the swindle easy to pull off. After eight years of a lousy incumbent, it presented a still lousier replacement, an inarticulate, uninspiring centrist universally reviled by the conservative base. Now the Republican Party knows it must either purge itself of RINO mediocrities like Bush and McCain or go the way of the Whigs.

Bush's subpar performance will soon fade from memory, as Obama's malignant collectivist ideology and lack of qualifications become impossible for the media to hide. One way or another, the full extent of his radical past and associations will become public knowledge. As promised by Plugs Biden, Obama will be tested, and he isn't likely to pass.

We've had awful leaders before. New York's atrocious affirmative action mayor, David Dinkins, gave way to Rudy Giuliani. Jimmy Carter gave way to the only great president of our lifetimes, Ronald Reagan. America will turn toward greatness again, once it realizes it has been tricked into temporarily embracing disgrace and decline.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 5, 2008 7:05 AM

Comments

Yeah but keep your guns off safety if Fox is still able to report on Obama's ever increasing 'Civilian Security Force'

Posted by: wizdum at November 5, 2008 7:17 AM

I think us conservatives are looking at this all wrong. This country knew what they were electing. There was no deception. A large portion of this country wants European style socialism and I say it is time for us to embrace it.
For the middle class and below:
Hey guys, look at it as the glass half full, instead of half empty. I'm already making plans to cancel my health insurance, stop making my house payment and quiting my second job (my wife can quit her 2nd also). President Obama's gonna take care of us now.
For the upper middle class and above:
First off, thanks in advance for paying for all my needs. Secondly, sorry about your luck. Maybe you should have spent less time working your ass off to succeed, and more time in personal reflection. Don't worry though, you'll soon be in the same boat as us and President Obama can take care of you too.
Keep your head up folks....things can only get better??????

Posted by: travis at November 5, 2008 7:20 AM

No unity, no compromise, no empty bipartisanship, just a total commitment to make this presidency a failure and wrest congress from the traitors who now hold it. Our enemies were focused and relentless to in their efforts to lose the war, wreck the economy, and rot the spirit of America just so they could obtain this victory. No prisoners, no quarter: the fight starts now.

Posted by: Beef at November 5, 2008 7:24 AM

You're an idiot! After 8 years of your failed policies we finally have some hope and decency in the White House. Very patriotic for all of you "America First" people to voice your hopes for Obama's failure. Just as it was wrong for partisan democrats to wish for failure in Iraq, so it is that you wish for failure from a President of our country. But, I hope you enjoy going to sleep by the light of a liberal moon!

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 7:32 AM

FUCKING "A" skippy!

Posted by: Conan at November 5, 2008 7:34 AM

Well said; very well said.

Hope the Moonbats enjoy it while they can. It's one thing to lie and cheat your way to an election victory -- it's a whole other matter to actually govern.

Unfortunately, who knows what catastrophe the Obamunists will inflict on this great country before people wake up and realize they've been had.

Posted by: Rich at November 5, 2008 7:36 AM

I wonder if Jeff would be satisfied if we just extended to Dear Leader Obama the same level of fairness and decency his comrades have extended to Bush these last eight years, hm?

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 7:45 AM

All this talk of 'traitors' lying and cheating...

You all make it sound like you don't approve of democracy at all...

What's the name of that style of government where only one party rules the whole country, and calls all others traitors? Oh yeah... Facism.

Posted by: oak at November 5, 2008 7:49 AM

John Galt is my President.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 5, 2008 7:53 AM

Well written Van. Will you guys predict how the MSM will treat O ove the next 4 years now that he is Establishment? Will there be an initial honeymoon, followed by the plunge of the knife?

Posted by: Air2air at November 5, 2008 8:06 AM

A2A, Stephen den Beste predicts the MSM will have to turn on Obama to regain their credibility. I don't see it happening, but there you are.

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 8:09 AM

As IDAK would say about these evil sinister moonbats CRUSH,KILL,DESTROY, or as the DALEKS would say EXTERMINATE,EXTERMINATE,EXTERMINATE look out moonbats im still a defiant ol shorebird with a attatude

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 5, 2008 8:42 AM

V the K,

You mean the Bush the nation rallied around after 9/11? You mean the Bush who we trusted to follow into war? Yeah, I'd take the same few years of fairness and decency the majority of Americans alloted him.

When Obama alienates the rest of the world, bungles relief efforts for a national disaster, lies repeatedly to the American public, outs CIA agents, raises the national debt exponentially, pulls out of environmental treaties, and lies in bed with the corporations bent more on a buck than human lives, you're damn right I'll be right there behind you telling you to throw the bum out.

I would like to point out, also, that it was your own party running from this guy (Bush) as fast as they could get away...Don't just blame the liberals

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 8:49 AM

Ah a voice of reason. Thank you for putting into words what so many apparently are afraid to do. I for one have no desire to congratulate anyone who has such disdane for our wonderful country. And, as a woman, it has been made abundantly clear that my voice and my worth were traded in favor of a puppet regimen.

John McCain was always the lesser of 2 evils. We lost the minute he was nominated. I grew up with Reagan first as my governor when I was a kid in California, then as my President as a young adult. Life was grand. I felt safe. We were prosperous. Maybe the old saying "It is always darkest before the dawn" holds true in our current situation. 3 or 4 years of darkness will only make our dawn that much more lovely and appreciated.

Posted by: My Awesome Mix Tape #6 at November 5, 2008 8:51 AM

I commend your sentiments, VH. There are lessons to be learned aplenty from this race, both at the national and local level. Inspirations abound:

1) No Record Turnout - will likely prove to be about the same as in 2004. With all the hype, the increase in Obot voters met a commensurate decrease in core conservative voters unenthused by McCain's Maverick RINO record. That's not unexpected and actually good news for a true conservative in 2012, especially if the Obots get shaken from their stupor over The Messiah's inevitable stumbles. (at what cost, though...)

2) Gays Tweaked in California. Proposition 8 seems to have ... WON, even in this loonbat environment. Key voters who made that happen: Latinos and Blacks. Methinks there's room to work with here.

3) Teddy's Back. Alaska voted strategically and seems to have re-elected Stephens, despite his corruption conviction. Naturally, to keep the seat GOP, you vote in Stephens, who will resign or be purged by the Senate, then Palin appoints a new, true conservative. (Too bad she can't appoint herself.) This, plus (pray God) Coleman in MN and Smith in Oregon, give the GOP in the Senate some spine-stiffening hope of pushing back on the triumverate Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

4) People Like Jeff. Jeff is a perfect example of those mindless Obots who will diminish themselves and the Obamanation by disparaging, degrading, and destroying all that is great and strong and beautiful about the USA. It will be the Jeffs of this country who will facilitate the reactionary rise of a New Conservative GOP, backed by the full voting power of the Silent Majority, who, as per #1 above, declined to support McCain. Keep it up, Jeff!

So, as you so eloquently put it VH: while this thoroughly sucks in the short term, it's perhaps the new beginning that the GOP needed, to get back to its roots.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at November 5, 2008 10:11 AM

everything that goes up must come down. it is time for the fireworks now folks, EVERY President gets a nice harsh dose of reality from the other side, this will not be the exception

Posted by: malabar at November 5, 2008 10:12 AM

Dear The Maryhunter,

At what point in my statement did I disparage the greatest country in the history of the world? And, what exactly, in my questioning of a politician sets out to "destroy" a country. I do not understand why so many people want to hate so much. If I disagree with you, why do you name-call?

Bush abandoned any true conservatives ideals (responsible spending, small government, immigration) long ago. So why are you mad at me that the country rejected that platform and decided to go in another direction? I understand that you do not think it will work, however, can you not at least give it a chance before cheering it's failure?

Let me try to make my point again.

1) Just because you are a liberal doesn't mean you hate America!

2) Rooting for the President, regardless of party, to do well is the most patriotic sentiment imaginable. (Just as Sen. McCain) Doing the opposite is akin to those who rooted for our failure in Iraq just to score political points.

3) Questioning a person's intelligence and/or motives in replacement for an actual argument is easy, but it does not make you right. My mother taught me that when I was very little.

4) I am not mindless. I do my best to think through my arguments. And I LOVE this country.

All the best to you.

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 10:28 AM

This election was over when McFool canceled his campaign, and refused to debate, in order to go to Washington for the economic crisis, because "it's too important for politics." Remember? The Repubs in Congress told him to f*** off, Obama said "Dude, can't you multitask?", the media reported McCain said and did nothing in those meetings, and the entire lie of rising above politics to "solve the problem" was exposed as a superficial, dishonest, desperate, erratic, and just plain "weird" move.

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, says this election was a referendum on Obama - the choices were Obama or not-Obama. I don't believe that. McFool was winning or at least tied right up to the minute he pulled that awful stunt. At that very moment, millions of people who thought the contest was between change/hope/new/young/black/hip/cool versus stable/solid/predictable/trustworthy suddenly realized McFool was not stable, solid, predictable, or trustworthy. Quite the opposite.

Of course, McCain looked old, disheveled, disorganized, and desperate in the debates, while Mr Cool as a Cucumber swatted him like an annoying swarm of harmless flies on a warm summer evening. That all didn't help. But it was the suspension of his campaign that sunk McFool.

The lesson for next time is to not try to be too clever, i.e. not to expend the whole fighting capability trying to outflank the enemy, like McCain did. They need to put together a good brigade, go into battle, and slug it out. That means a REAL conservative candidate who truly represents the values of, and is the leader of, the 40-45 % of the population who is currently not represented in the government, and fight hard to get it to 50.1 %.

McCain: "I'm a disloyal maverick who will fight the Republicans, so you should elect me". Not.

But let's at least be thankful, in this trying time, that we don't need to ever hear either McCain or Palin spouting juvenile populism-lite anymore: "greed in Washington", "fat cats on Wall Street", "big oil". That was humiliating, embarrassing, destructive, and accomplished nothing. You cannot out-populism a Democrat. I hope to the good Lord above that the Republicans learned that once and for all.

Posted by: mega at November 5, 2008 10:30 AM

"bungles relief efforts for a national disaster"
The Katrina problems were largely due to the combined incompetence of Nagin and Blanco, such things would have been mainly their responsibility.

Posted by: Adam at November 5, 2008 10:39 AM

Adam,

The majority of the government would admit that what turned Katrina into a disaster was the federal bungling. It was the relief effort that turned it into a catastrophe, things most certainly outside the control of the local government. It falls on the doorstep of FEMA, and that's a federal outfit. In fact, I would argue Katrina was Bush's biggest failure. (I am certainly no fan of Ray NAgin however.)

The response to Hurricane Katrina was "a national failure" and "an abdication of the most solemn obligation to provide for the common welfare", according to details from the first of three anticipated reports into the disaster, published yesterday.

-The report by a committee of Republicans in the House of Representatives

"There were lots of mistakes and they were on every level. They were local, they were statewide and there were certainly federal mistakes."

-Laura Bush

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 10:53 AM

As the left has been so fond of chanting these last eight years: "Dissent is patriotic."

Obama is a racist, commie, lying, scumbag, douchenozzle.

See how patriotic I am?

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 10:53 AM

V the K,

Additionally, I would love it if you would look up the difference between a communist and a socialist. What you should be calling Obama's policies are socialist. They are not communist. Not having a grasp on your argument is also a sign of ignorance.

As per the douchnozzle, I am fairly certain you have a grasp of what exactly that is.

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 11:03 AM

[V the K,

Obviously no one taught you the difference between dissent, which is a form of disagreement, and name-calling, which is a sign of ignorance.]

Yeah, you liberals were certainly innocent of that sort of thing during the last eight years. [/sarcasm]

Again, anything the liberals do regarding conservatives in power: dissent.

Anything conservatives do regarding liberals in power: ignorance.

Got it?

Now, though, expect the race card to be thrown down at any opportunity when objections are raised to Obama's economic policies turning America into another Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, etc.

Because America is such a racist country that they elected a Black man into the Presidency.

No, wait...

Posted by: Mike at November 5, 2008 11:28 AM

Het Jeff!! What makes you think your so smart? You sound like a true tree huggin' libral to me. You seem like one of those types that had to much of that kool ade. Just like a lefty libral always trying sugar coat everything. We live in a dangerous world. Do you think Berry is up to the task? What say you? I don't and I don't think your as informed as you think you are.

Posted by: Daman at November 5, 2008 11:37 AM

Remember that anti-drug commercial where the father is yelling at his kid about smoking pot and the kid yells back "I learned it from you, OK?"

Jeff and his ilk spent the last eight years attacking Bush for everything and making up sh-t when it suited their purposes. Now, they're telling us to back down and cooperate? I don't think so. Homey don't play that.

I love America. I hate Obamunism. I think Chairman O is an arrogant, Marxist nitwit and I have the right to say so.

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 11:44 AM

I find it absolutly amazing the left has all of a sudden forgotten the total and complete vile hatred they have spewed for the last eight years. Their guy is in now so it's wrong to say anything bad about (that one). President Bush was every thing from an idiot to a nazi, a traitor who brought down the twin towers himself and now were supposed to support their President. No, I don't think I will.

Posted by: Don at November 5, 2008 11:51 AM

The attacks are coming from so many directions...What to do?

Let's go in order they were published.

Mike,
Your comments are very fair. I'm sure many liberals are, and have been, ass-wipes. I was merely pointing out to V the K, who is yet to say anything whatsoever other than "You suck!" and "I don't" that there is a difference between the two. You obviously get that.

Daman,
News flash! Everyone thinks they are smart. Even people who say they don't think they're smart, think they're smart. Dumb people think they're smart. You, obviously, think you're smart even though you were merely able to regurgitate an idiotic argument (tree-huggin' libral). Guess what, never, in any post, did I mention the environment. You could have called me a Bush-hatin' libral, or an Obama-lovin' libral....But that was a bit too taxin', huh?

And, finally, V the K,
Fine. Hate the government. You absolutely have the right to say it. Hate America for all I care. But please, please, stop quoting "In Living Color" episodes from the early 90s. It's gay. We may have to vote to ban you from getting married.

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 12:08 PM

The attacks are coming from so many directions...What to do?

Let's go in order they were published.

Mike,

Daman,

And, finally, V the K,

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 12:08 PM

The attacks are coming from so many directions...What to do?

Let's go in order they were published.

Mike,

Daman,

And, finally, V the K,

Posted by: Anonymous at November 5, 2008 12:09 PM

The attacks are coming from so many directions...What to do?

Let's go in order they were published.

Mike,

Daman,

And, finally, V the K,

Posted by: Anonymous at November 5, 2008 12:09 PM

Sorry bout that...Computer hiccup

I apologize

Posted by: jeff at November 5, 2008 12:12 PM

I still do not quite understand how anyone can be sworn in as a US president until all of the corruption underlining the campaign, including ACORN et al., untracable campaign contributions coming from probably illegal sources including foreign entities, voter intimidation, temporary credit cards, etc. can be thoroughly investigated and resolved.

We will likely never know the extent of the corruption since we are a nation moving away from laws in favor of personalities and race.

Still, the question remains: at what point does corruption in a campaign reach a threshold such that the election would be invalidated?

Laws on the books nothwithstanding, in the case of BO I presume there is no such threshold.

Posted by: Fiberal at November 5, 2008 12:40 PM

Looks like things got into a shouting match instead of comments on your article, VH. I would recommend to anyone who hasn't read it to pick up a copy of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Seems prophetic!

Posted by: Darrel at November 5, 2008 1:02 PM

Your right Jeff I should'nt have called you a tree huggin' libral. I apologize. What I should have called you was just a plain "lets give the country away" libral. You still have not answered the question I asked. We live in a dangerous world do you think Berry Obama is up to the challenge or will he cut and run like most libtrals do? You librals always dodge the hard quetions because you to busy defending your idotic ways.

Posted by: Daman at November 5, 2008 1:33 PM

One thing I think we must do, and that is offer a principled opposition, i.e., nothing at all like the Dems have done the last eight years. No Obama derangement syndrome. No screwing things up on purpose to make them look bad (they'll probably do that themselves, but if not, then we shouldn't do it either).

Let's show them how loyal Americans behave when they don't get their way, because it's something they clearly need to learn.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 5, 2008 1:37 PM

Jeff

) Just because you are a liberal doesn't mean you hate America!
No more than a tapeworm hates its host.
We can root for the office. Rooting for this president and his character will be like a pig rooting for mushrooms.
When a person seems to be an absolute idiot and his motives are to steal the wealth of other people, it does make you right to question intelligence and motive.
If this is an example of your best, then we should consider the possibility of mindlessness in a severe light.
As to loving the country, most parasites love their host.

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 5, 2008 1:38 PM

Red star over America. Politics will break your heart. May God bless America always.

Posted by: hana1234 at November 5, 2008 1:52 PM

Daman,

First off, yes, I believe Obama is up to the challenge. Do I think he would be as good a foreign policy president as a typical republican? Probably not. But I tilt hawkish on foreign policy. (That's right, folks. I think. I don't regurgitate party platforms)

That being said, the world hates us as never before. And I know no Republican cares. French people suck, etc. However, getting things done in the world is a lot easier with partners. Obama offers us the opportunity to repair some of the Bush ill-will internationally, whereas McCain probably did not.

Snowsnake,

I get it. Someone told you the "parasite loving their host" line and you liked it so much you decided to use it twice. Nice work. It was much more powerful the second time through.

Your "pig rooting for mushrooms" is a misplaced metaphor. Quite simply, it doesn't make any sense. You've taken the verb "to root" and changed the meaning. I get it...I guess. Obama is a pig. Next time just say that, however. Your attempt at a literary device was too much of a stretch.

"When a person seems to be an absolute idiot and his motives are to steal the wealth of other people..."

OK, either I'm the idiot or Obama is...I'm not sure which you meant. If I'm the idiot, that's fair. However, I assure you I have no intention of stealing anything. It must be Obama then. Except, anyone with a modicum of sense knows he is NOT an idiot. He may be Satan in your eyes, for sure. But Satan is smart. Obama is smart. Which might be what scares you so much. However, again, this does not make any sense.

You may just wish to stick to references from "In Living Color." V the K can help you with those.

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 1:54 PM

Jeff,

I took your statements as numbered and responded to them one at a time. Even that confuses you!

If you own a dictionary, look up root. vt to dig with the snout.

When you vote somebody into office and cheer (root) for their policies, then that policy can be associated with you. It is now the policy of the liberals, as has been made in formal statements, to take wealth from other people. You identify yourself as a liberal You are therefore endorsing theft. Why does that not make you a thief?

The tapeworm/parasite usage was in reply to your double usage. You first say you don't hate America--of course not. You are a tapeworm. You say you love America--of course you do. You are a parasite. Had you repeated this mantra one more time I probably would have suggested bloodsucker or leech.

As to Obama's intelligence. How would one know? He reads teleprompters. He memorizes written speeches and prepared responses. His academic records are sealed--even his thesis. Even his book is so close to the writings of Ayer's book, that there is very serious doubt that he wrote it. It is likely ghost written by Ayers. He did not create any legislation in his 140 days in the senate. He voted present many times in the Illinois legislature. He led nothing in the senate--he didn't even call his committee together, even one time, that he chaired. Most of his accomplishments could have been done by a turnip.

Satan is evil! That is not the same as smart. Are you going to start worshipping and praising him also?

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 5, 2008 3:25 PM

Tell you what, Jeffy, answer this question and I'll take back everything I said about your Obamassiah.

During the campaign, The One has promised to put 47 million people on Medicaid, send out $70 billion in tax welfare checks to people who don't pay taxes, spend $85 billion a year in payments to third world despots... er, I mean, 'Global Poverty Relief,' provide Universal Pre-K (Federalized Daycare), college tuition subsidies, increase other Federal education funding by $6 billion a year, and spend billions more in massive infrastructure projects that he so admires the Chinese Communists for.

How does he pay for those trillions in new government spending while only raising taxes on 10% of taxpayers?

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 3:45 PM

You sound like a bunch of teenage boys in trying to frighten each other. You are the very people you describe. You are the monsters you warn us of.

> What they have done to this country is beyond forgiveness.

Like little boys who have already broken all their toys. You now look around at the mess you've made, shrieking and stamping your feet because someone else has a brand new toy... and you want to break it.

> One way or another, the full extent of his radical past and
> associations will become public knowledge.

"If I can't have a good leader, then I won't let anyone else have one". Like... grow up!

You're the past. The world is moving on without you.

Posted by: Natasha at November 5, 2008 4:42 PM

I really wish you guys would just dream about armagheddon, instead of demanding we elect people like Bush who took us 3/4s of the way there. The end of the world in all it's AK-47 glory really won't be all that fun...

How about a little nancy boy sanity for a change?

K?

Posted by: Mark at November 5, 2008 4:52 PM

Can't you Liberals write anything other than HALF-ASSED ACCUSATIONS? We've been hearing it for years and it's tiresome.

Posted by: KHarn at November 5, 2008 4:59 PM

What a joke. Not vetted, main stream media, etc. You are all so full of shit. Nothing is worse than a poor loser. You think Palin was vetted? I love my country, served it and voted for Obama. And for all the clueless out there, he is not a socialist. A little hard to get Buffett to endorse you if you are. One of the reasons a good man like McCain lost, is the people who post here. You are the radicals. You hate, you promote fear. Worse of all you have bad ideas, as the last 8 years have shown. They don't work, yet you want us to stay on course. So continue down the path and destroy your party even further.

Posted by: james at November 5, 2008 5:01 PM

obviously you have your right to express you opinion. Amazing how democracy works that way. I have to say as one of these supposed "moonbats" I have always loved our flag and have always been patriotic. these generalizations of yours are part of the problem. Not all people can fit into these tiny political boxes they give us. Stay informed, not inflamed, it's bad for your gut and soul. Passion and understanding is the best plan. So get on it, it's up to us to listen to each other, not yell so loudly at the other side we make ourselves deaf.

Posted by: alfgirl at November 5, 2008 5:07 PM

Even in victory, the lefties are still whining, miserable, and trolling conservatives blogs just to b1tch. Makes me glad I'm on the right and have a generally contented life.

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 5:18 PM

Its so funny to see how ignorant people really are. I guess its a kick in the ass to realize after so many centuries that you are the real minority. Well guess what dickheads, a black man is in office like it or not.And just know to all you "republicans" that are buying guns, remember the government flooded our hoods with drugs and guns a long time ago and we definitely know how to use them. So leap frogs. As for Obama he's safe, the white house is smack dab in the middle of the ghetto... you figure out what i'm getting at!!!!! P.S Im gonna be at the inauguration with my bucket of chicken and pitcher of koolaid "purple not red" lol

Posted by: lol at November 5, 2008 5:27 PM

Yeah, the moonbats are still pretty unhappy.

Posted by: V the K at November 5, 2008 5:38 PM

pulls out of environmental treaties

Congress never authorized the Kyoto Protocol you moronic Luddite fucktard! Furthermore, asshat, the Protocol was voted down 99 - 0 in July of '99!

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 5, 2008 5:59 PM

Ooops....that should have been 95-0.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 5, 2008 6:00 PM

So full of hate. So sad.

But for the record, the left or whoever is not to blame for your sorry lives. You are. Stop blaming your failures on government or the fact your guy didn't win. Admit it, had McCain won would you truly have been happy? And by happy, I mean fulfilled, content.

Posted by: Howard at November 5, 2008 6:11 PM

Ha ha, Scumbags!

Posted by: Kevin Prester at November 5, 2008 6:24 PM

the government flooded our hoods with drugs

Now there's a standard myth fully ingested by a whining whatever.

Doesn't take much to be a liberal.

Posted by: Fiberal at November 5, 2008 6:43 PM

I would have thought that the libacrits would be jumping for joy after the election. Instead they come on a conservative blog and STILL try to tell us how to think. You know down deep I think they know obaba is going to screw the pooch and are just trying to head off the backlash. Sorry to tell you libacrits but there are NO MORE EXCUSES. You've dished out the critisism get ready to take it. Poor babies you don't get your cake and eat it too.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at November 5, 2008 7:13 PM

My Fellow Prisoners,
Stock up on Valium----sounds like you're going to need it. Can't wait for that new video---Nailin' Palin. I think it's about putting nails inside her coffin.

Posted by: crap sandwich at November 5, 2008 7:21 PM

Comrades,
I'm moving to that state where all of the socialist live---Alaska. Every citizen gets a kickback from the oil companies and that means that Socialist Palin. Now that's my kind of place!

Posted by: crap sandwich at November 5, 2008 7:26 PM

fuckin lol at this. how bizarre i find your world view. i'll come back and apologize when rush limbaugh is executed by reichsfuhrer obama's civilian security force but until then just.......lol.

Posted by: hahaha at November 5, 2008 7:26 PM

Comrades,
As Bush said in '04 "The people have speakin'--er spoke---er what the hell I has political capital so I won't be fooled again. Kapow!!

Posted by: crap sandwich at November 5, 2008 7:35 PM

But for the record, the left or whoever is not to blame for your sorry lives.

No, the goddamn Statist crazies in both parties are to blame. Every Nanny-state fucktard who passed a law empowering the government in ways it should never have been is to blame.

Stop blaming your failures on government or the fact your guy didn't win.

Government is the problem, not the answer!

Of course not, since I wrote in a vote for Ron Paul. I would have been no happier if McStain won that the empty suit we now have! I would rather have had fucking RALPH NADER than either one of the loonatic fuckwits most people had to choose from.

So no, don't assume that all of us who post to this blog are necessarily the of the same opinion about everything. I'm not a Republican and I'm not a Christian (just in case you happen to ask). I'm no more in favour of BushCo Big Government than I was of ClintonCo Big Government or the soon-to-be ObamaCo Big Government. Neither Bush nor Clinton did anything about the fraudulent and unConstitutional Federal Reserve System, just as Obama won't.

But, of course, it won't matter in a few years when a large chunk of the populace have been rounded up and interred in FEMA 'Refugee' Camps. Keep mouthing your idiotic platitudes about 'freedom' all you want. You've voted yourself an extra-heavy set of slave chains. Pissant.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 5, 2008 7:40 PM

Stock up on ammo! Obama's private militia will be in charge before we know it!

Posted by: Real Red at November 5, 2008 7:49 PM

You lose! ha ha!

Idiot....

Posted by: The Dude at November 5, 2008 8:00 PM

My Fellow Prisoners,
I'm still trying to figure out how America lost. I guess we didn't divide and conquer as well as we have done in the past. We knew how to win elections by following our heroes like Hannity, Limbaugh, Savage, Malkin, Coulter and others of our kind. That damn liberal media. We need to take over the airwaves and the net. Screw the Fairness Doctrine. Why would we want to have a doctrine where the liberals and far right get equal time. This country aint about being equal. What? Hold on I have to answer the phone. Hello. Yea, I read it. No I skipped that part. I don't care if it says all men are created equal. It don't say nothin about women. Huh? It's a living document you say? The Supreme Court has the final say. Well listen my friend, the jury is still out baby because no one has challenged Marbury vs. Madison. Huh? That's not how I read it. By the way my friend the president has the final say because when the Siminoles were kicked out of Florida and they won their court case Andrew Jackson said, "Yea, they won, so go ahead and enforce it then". And so started THE TRAIL OF TEARS. I gotta go---goodbye.

Posted by: crap sandwich at November 5, 2008 8:05 PM

Dear Comrades,
This is my final post since we won't read each others posts again. Take care of yourself because the end is near. I can't tell you when, but it will end for all of us at some point in the future. Sorry folks I have just been told by a higher power----my wife----that I need to get a life. I said that is what this last post is about. She says it's about death. What does she know---besides a lot more than me? Huh? She says life will go on and we will all wake up and go to our jobs in the morning--some trudging through the snow and some through the rain. All right, geez, talk about harpies. OUCH!! That hurt. Well I better go before my life ends before my OUCH time. OUCH! OUCH! I'm outa here--------

Posted by: crap sandwich at November 5, 2008 8:22 PM

What a bunch of whiny sore losers. Republicans destroyed this country for eight years, are you really gluttons for more punishment?

Obama will fix the economy, resolve our foreign policy issues, and protect us from terrorism, and all you neo-cons will do is complain. Then you'll go ahead and elect Sarah Palin in 2016 and wonder why everything's gone to the crapper all over again. The Republican party is about as relevant as Whigs at this point.

Posted by: al Akhbad at November 5, 2008 8:22 PM

please amend my post above to include "or after i am rounded up by the atf's black helicopters and put in a fema camp for psychotronic reeducation" and add a couple more lols at the paultard

Posted by: hahaha at November 5, 2008 9:02 PM

Posted by: Jeff at November 5, 2008 11:03 AM

Hm okay. I guess then the fact that you spent the last eight years calling Bush Hitler would make you a bunch of ignorant asswipes; while opposition to the socialism-lite principles Obama is all about would make us patriotic dissenters.

Also, shut the f*ck up. Do you literally have nothing better to do on the greatest day you leftards have seen in the last eight years than troll the bloody intarweb and mindlessly drivel out debunked left-douche canards about the guy who's only your president for another like 2 months? How sad for you.

Posted by: mandible claw at November 5, 2008 9:30 PM

How about a little nancy boy sanity for a change?

K?

Posted by: Mark at November 5, 2008 4:52 PM

Oh hey Mark Russia is already rumbling about increasing its missile presence and your guy ain't even in office yet. How's that nancy boy sanity working out for ya? Did you doucheholes forget that the only times the world doesn't sh!t all over the US is when there's a guy in office who looks crazy enough to push the big damn red button? Or is like really, really basic historical fact beyond you?

Oh well. You got what you wanted, Europe got what they wanted, now Europe and the Jews pay the bills. And quite frankly we wouldn't give a sh*t about that if it weren't for the Jews.

Posted by: mandible claw at November 5, 2008 9:36 PM

Just a note to say Huffington Post is quoting you and others. I clicked their link to get here.

Moonbats playing games

Posted by: SH at November 5, 2008 9:49 PM

Posted by: BURNING HOT at November 5, 2008 9:53 PM

I LOVE this shit. I'm an Australian, living in Sydney and have no personal interest in the election or the outcome other than as a form of entertainment. Which was top-notch by the way.

I love how Americans get so attached to their chosen parties and politicians as though they are a form of religious belief. Totally against the nature of democracy, but what the hell, it's a laugh.

Australia began it's european history as a giant prison. Hence we all have an innate mistrust of authority and anyone involved with it. Our politics are much saner as a result. We question everything, from all sides.

I was very impressed with the way McCain/Palin used their followers naivete and blind loyalty to good effect by releasing a constant stream of lies (proved as lies and even admitted as lies by McCain in his concession speech) which they knew would be accepted as gospel by their blind gullible followers.

However if they just stuck to policy they probably would have won. Oh and had a real VP candidate instead of a shaved monkey.

You Americans don't need to worry about terrorists or Muslims, you have far bigger problems just making contact with reality. LOL, keep it up! It's the best reality TV show on Earth!

Posted by: Bobulon at November 5, 2008 10:32 PM

Bobulon

You are all over the net. In some of your posts you are calling people mate. I assume it is you. You are a Gamer.

Why do you think it is appropriate to call a respected governor of one of our states a shaved monkey? You are a foreigner to us and such an opinion is pretty unwarranted. The terrible thing is that you represent Australia with this kind of insult to our country. I happen to know several Australians and your nasty remark is not at all typical. Australians that I know would likely be ashamed of your behavior.

I suggest you play your games in your own country. This is serious to us and it is not happening for your entertainment. What makes you think that you are getting any fraction of the truth about what is going on here? We can't get truth from any of our media and we live here.

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 5, 2008 11:05 PM

I think we just had a referendum on your kind of faux patriotism and you LOST! For the SECOND time in two years!

So I say this with all sincerity and from the bottom of my heart.... STFU! Your ideology is slipping into irrelevance. My how he arrogant have fallen.

Posted by: TimV at November 5, 2008 11:43 PM

Hey Numbnuts...

Check out the link and see what you're trying to defend. Patriots my ass.

Thank God yesterday proved category 14 to be false (nice change from 2000).

Posted by: FASCISTS DON'T REALIZE THEY'RE FASCISTS at November 6, 2008 12:01 AM

haha how those tiny man-marbles have swelled after the election! It wasn't two days ago your tiny pea sized nutsack was trying to crawling inside your own asshole with claims that the "Rethuglicans" were going to "Diebold" the election, and that President Bush was going to cause a "coup" with "Martial law" all from your huffingpaint fever swamp.
Enjoy the next four years - they'll probably be the last for 12 more years like last time.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 12:36 AM

I'll put my nuts on the felt against your anytime, anywhere (metaphorically and physically... My locker room nickname was Bull.)

Posted by: FASCISTS DON'T REALIZE THEY'RE FASCISTS at November 6, 2008 12:59 AM

Bull???

Hey Schmitty, is that you?

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 6, 2008 1:10 AM

lol. I love it!!!!! How does it feel rethugs??? The world is rejecting your hateful controlling ideology...This is only the beginning!!!!! I hope your eyes pop out and your heads explode from all the hate.....

Posted by: The Oracle, Wash DC at November 6, 2008 3:26 AM

I've never seen anything like it. The reactionary simpletons who subscribe to this site are in an advanced, possibly terminal, state of denial. They talk of the true America which, apparently, only they know about or can represent.

1. The true America belongs to the native American. It was stolen. Technically all incomers are invaders and thieves. Its old history now, and its not reversible, but is an unalterable fact as sure as night follows day.

2. The constitution of the country makes it open to all. No one race or tribe has the upper hand over others as ALL are Americans. A Muslim can be president just as much as a Christian or an atheist or a Buddhist. Hah!!! Read your beloved constitution (just once)!!

3. It seems to me that the most un-American people in the nation today are the intellect free, gun fondling, flag waving pseudo-fascists with severe inferiority complexes that frequent these message boards. These people are the unfortunate mutations that sadly can occur when insularity and fear cut them off from the world, new ideas and new blood. Nature loves fusion. Nature abhors purity.

Furthermore, it is clear that America yearns to be a politically centrist country (as this election attests) and it is the whackos here that have no comprehension of the meaning of the republic. It is they who are profoundly un-American, if anyone is. Minority rights, universal healthcare, the separation of church and state, no aggressive warfare - these are the things that America craves.

If you want militaristic, theocratic one-party rule, move to Saudi Arabia, its much more suited to you.

Good day, one and all.

Posted by: Harkadahl at November 6, 2008 3:41 AM

The worst part is when a dumba$$ tries to accuse Obama of socialism while defending the last 8 yrs....Wiretapping, most spending in history?? Are you fools serious? Bush, Cheney, and any supporting conservatives should be exiled to Antartica for revealing a CIA operative for political purposes....ThATS TREASON Anyway you cut it.....

Posted by: The Oracle, Wash DC at November 6, 2008 3:43 AM

This country will survive and move forward through unity, not division and here you are writing this bullshit... pathetic.

Posted by: Grant Lingel at November 6, 2008 4:50 AM

The oath of a President is to uphold the Constitution, and the Bush adminitration spat on it. What are you going to do with all of your vitriol when Obama turns out to be one of the greatest president's this county's ever had?

Posted by: cgl at November 6, 2008 6:52 AM

As a NYC resident who was at ground zero on 9/11, let me just say how absolutely DISGUSTING you people are. I DO know PLENTY of wonderful, intelligent conservatives, and you aren't them.

You far right wingers call us liberal city folks your enemy. You declare war on us...then you expect me to believe that you were SAD about 9/11?? Oh PLEASE. If we're your enemy, if we're evil and you hate us, then we're not going to believe you were anything but ELATED that we bled and died. Your only regret is that they didn't have more planes to use. You people play the 9/11 card more than ANY actual 9/11 victim I have ever known...yet you call us the "whiners." I am in a survival support group with other ACTUAL 9/11 victims (you know, as opposed to you folks who PRETEND to be for political gain), and none of us beleive you far right wing people were anything but happy about what happened to us. In fact, you're probably PRAYING that we get attacked again, because you know that your pleasant small towns won't be attacked, it'll only be us HORRIBLE big city folks.

Posted by: Abby at November 6, 2008 7:05 AM

What has happened has happened. A man has been voted into the office of the President of these United States. He would never have passed the background check to work in the FBI, CIA & any of our other top security areas--but he was elected as the President of this country. I will never call him or refer to him as my Commander in Chief, nor will I ever trust him. You wanted change well baby you have got just that. Sleep good at night--the rest of us will be standing guard to make damned sure you do sleep good at night. This country wanted this joker & now they have him---the press can now continue with all their lies & bull & be safe. However I hear they want "talk radio" shut down. Yeah guys watch your freedoms because I think some folks want to take them away & that would be with the blessing of this so called President....

Posted by: Cee "Snake" at November 6, 2008 7:09 AM

I got tired of reading the banter so, if this has been eluded to ignore this. For all the points made and opinons given. The reality of it ALL is what Amsched Rothchild said, "Give me power over a countrys money and I care not who makes its laws." Untill this is addressed everything else comes a distant second. Check Obamas bloodline.

Posted by: Eyes open at November 6, 2008 7:21 AM

Okay, take a deep breath...exhale...good, now doesn't that feel better? It aint the end of the world people. Our country tried dumb and incompetent for eight years because republicans wanted it that way. Didn't work out too well for Americans did it? Conservatives who voted for the most incompetent president in history are completely to blame for the messes that President Obama has to clean up now. At least we now have a man with the wisdom and intelligence to lead us back to greatness.
Stop whining, wipe away yours tears, don't be afraid, join Americans as we rebuild our country from the devastation the right wingnuts perpetrated on our land.
By the way, those of you who think President Obama wants to take away your guns?... take off your tin hats...Obama is a constitutional scholar, his life studies are on the constitution and preserving it! He has said and he will always defend the constitution and the 2nd amendment

Posted by: mike at November 6, 2008 7:55 AM

"The Oracle" likes to shed tears over terrorists being "wiretapped" what's up, don't want to impede on their plans?
You are at least correct that a traitor revealed a CIA Agents name - that traitor would be Robert Hanssen the F.B.I agent who sold her identity to the Russians. That is why Valerie Plame was an inactive agent, and not considered a covert operative - she even had her own parking spot at Langley.
The same people that were hoping the surge would fail, causing more U.S soldier deaths, are now concerned about a C.I.A agent ? Please no one is buying it.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 9:33 AM

"Obama is a constitutional scholar, his life studies are on the constitution and preserving it! He has said and he will always defend the constitution and the 2nd amendment"

~He's such a scholar that he's even identified the portions that have fundamental flaws that must be changed! I wonder how long until he decides the "2nd amendment" is one of the areas with a fundamental flaw.

If you believe everything he says, then tell me, do you believe Iran is a grave threat or not? That's just one shiny example, there are many more.

Posted by: cowlove at November 6, 2008 9:37 AM

I am a WFB conservative who voted for Obama.

The movement was hijacked by mindless evangelicals long ago and no longer resembles the intelligent political philosophy it once had. Today it is the frightening scepter of Palin -- no intellectual depth, no curiosity, no introspective capacity and therefore no conscience -- that has alienated what was once the true "base" of the GOP.

It takes a lot more than flag-waving and an angry allegiance to "Country First" to govern in these complex times. Sorry folks, the bus to the '50s left the station a long time ago and it ain't comin' back.

Welcome to the New Socialism -- Wall Street first.

Posted by: moonshine at November 6, 2008 10:19 AM

Wow...this whole blog is just the scariest bastion of hate and lies I have ever experienced. The "Obamassiah" is also a cute, rhetorical device that screams 'facist.' You want to talk "Skull and Bones" and Yalie verisimilitude hit me up. You want to have a cafe klaatsch about Scooter Libby and Shooter's (That would be the Dick who is Vice President) powermongering Jabba the Hut dance in his office and I'm so there. In the interim-I 'll stick with MyBama...although you believe the president-elect eats babies for breakfast and that somehow Sarah Palins tab at Neiman Marcus is more 'American' than him wanting us to work together as a nation and world, that you want to believe that he is somehow evil because of that wish...and that, in of itslef would permit you to feel the need to slander him...to call forth from within your own life hateful thyoughts and words...becuase that is somehow...better...that, is evil. Thank you for letting me traipse around here in your little playground of fire and molten nastiness...I will log off and take a shower.

Posted by: Marqueesha Jones at November 6, 2008 10:39 AM

moonshine

I am a WFB conservative who voted for Obama

Logically inconsistent. It would be like believing Obama even if he said, "I always lie."

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 6, 2008 10:43 AM

cowlove:
iran is not a grave threat. let them get a nuke. exactly what is it that you're afraid that they're going to do with it? fire it at someone? were you not paying attention during the cold war, or at least during the 'pubtards collective blow job called the reagan presidency (i tried to think of a clever way to highlight the fact that you neocons love lauding obama's inexperience while worshiping a former HOLLYWOOD actor, but i think that kind of speaks for its self)? it was your team who introduced to us the idea of mutually assured destruction. everyone has a nuke, no one fires them. why? because if you do, your target's friends will vaporize you. which, in turn, leads to a greater stability in the world. for a primer on this, and don't worry, its a movie so i know you'll get it, rent war games. although, it does have matthew broderick in it, and he's a commie so you'll have to take what he says with a grain of salt. the computer in that movie though, 100% truthful, cause, you know, you guys built it so it most be both transparent and honest.

i think, maybe its time that you pubtards, instead of working on reorganizing your party, or calling for open war on the government (treason as i like to call it) as beef did on the second comment here, should take some time and actually look into what conservatism is. and i don't mean running to nuzzle on papa bear's tits or the "warm" embrace of ann coulter, real and actual conservatism. although, i doubt most of you would learn anything, there's not too many intro to political philosophy books that come with pictures and pop ups, and even less that come with pages to color, you should still try. you might not like what you find. that is, learning that you are in fact NEO-conservatives. where you go from here, is a choice i leave to you.

but if you want to know why the middle has shifted so far from you, you really only need to watch the two speeches post election results. when john mccain says barack obama's name, his crowd boos. BOOS the fucking president. classy you guys, classy. i guess that's the america that sarah palin was talking about when she was going on about the shinning moral example america would be to the rest of the world. then, in chicago, or as i like to call it, rational america, obama says john mccain's name, the crowd cheers. cheers. for a man that has served and sacrificed for his country and brought honestly and forthrightly to the american people the picture of where he thought we should go. the fact that we (america) disagreed with him does not take away from what he has accomplished or diminish our respect for him. and when remembered he should be applauded, as he was. that's the difference between the democratic party, and whatever you guys are. because you're not the party of lincoln anymore. you're barely even the party of reagan anymore. and goldwater? you guys left him behind long ago.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 10:56 AM

hahahahhaahahahah did that guy just use the movie "war games" as a justification of why Iran owning Nuclear weapons is a good thing? He then follows up with: open war on the government (treason as i like to call it) Look up the word sedition you idiot?
GTFO MORON you dropped the average IQ here by -50 with comment.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 11:04 AM

This is a prime example of the ability to have two contrary beliefs existing in the liberal mind:

Iran should have access to a Nuclear weapon as a counter-balance.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 11:16 AM

neither of those beliefs are "liberal" in any necessary way, xantl. please show me one mainstream liberal who suggests iranian proliferation would be a good thing. bush has one of the worst anti-proliferation records in history.

Posted by: lorlll at November 6, 2008 11:22 AM

i brought up war games as a very simple kindergarten-esque example of the concept of mutually assured destruction. the justification was this part:

"everyone has a nuke, no one fires them. why? because if you do, your target's friends will vaporize you. which, in turn, leads to a greater stability in the world."

nice try though. i guess you forgot about "reading comprehension" while you were trying to get all thoughs h's and a's in such a great pattern. you'll also notice, that i never said that iran having a nuke was a good thing, i said that iran was not a grave threat, even with a nuke. to quote your class and elegance, IDIOT.

ignoring the question mark at the end of your non question for a second, as for your declaration that i'm an idiot for not using the word sedition, let us look at the definition:

treason: a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.

sedition: any action, esp. in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

hmmm. that is a tough call. i mean, they both seem to fit, and neither one is really more accurate than the other. that is a really tough call. i guess we could both be right, you say tomato and i say buy a dictionary you fucking retard, if not for your own sake, at least for the sake of deriding another's vocabulary while simultaneously exposing the gaping and systematic holes in your own.

if i dropped the iq "here", where ever here is, by -50 your lack of fact checking and general comprehension has declared this site, and rightfully so i think, legally brain dead.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 11:25 AM

"iran is not a grave threat."
~Clearly you are a moron. You didn't even see the trap being set for you. If Obama is wonderful and always right, then you obviously disagreed with him when he said that Iran is a grave threat. If you had said Iran IS a threat, then you would've obviously disagreed with him when he said Iran is no threat to us. Do you see what I just did there?

"but if you want to know why the middle has shifted so far from you, you really only need to watch the two speeches post election results. when john mccain says barack obama's name, his crowd boos. BOOS the fucking president. classy you guys, classy."
~Apparently you have the memory of an unusually stupid goldfish to forget that there was a vote two (2) days ago to name a sewage treatment plant after PRESIDENT BUSH. Apparently you only want to honor the President if you like him. How very tolerant and open-minded of you.

"then, in chicago, or as i like to call it, rational america, obama says john mccain's name, the crowd cheers. cheers. for a man that has served and sacrificed for his country and brought honestly and forthrightly to the american people the picture of where he thought we should go. the fact that we (america) disagreed with him does not take away from what he has accomplished or diminish our respect for him."
~Chicago, the murder capital of the world. Very rational.

These rational people you refer to, are they the ones that insulted McCain as too old to be President? Insulted him by saying his only qualification for President was sitting in a hole for 5 years? Insulted him as being too stupid to fly a plane so he got shot down? Apparently you just say whatever you want and pretend that's reality, because the viscious bile that's come from the left attacking McCain/Palin is anything but "rational." Look no further than the smear jobs on Palin for evidence.

Thanks for the laugh, but you lunatic leftist moonbats are worthless. The fact that you're still here, actually justifying Obama's "win" is only further proof of that fact.

Posted by: cowlove at November 6, 2008 11:39 AM

dude xantl, your hits just keep on coming.

"Law-abiding citizens in the United States should not have access to an "Assault weapon" they're dangerous, and might kill people.
Iran should have access to a Nuclear weapon as a counter-balance."

where are these law-abiding citizens xantl? oh that's right, they don't exist, they're a figment of your imagination. america is a nation of sociopaths. by and large most people do whatever they want and their only decision is to weigh their chances of getting caught. so please, spare us your pubtard moral platitudes and fall on your martyr's sword already.

as for the actual premise of your comment though, these two statements, are a) a horrible analogy and b) not contrary. i'm sure they're contrary in your mind but you're allowing your bias to undercut your own logic.

the concept of iran having a nuke and therefore becoming a non threat is based on the idea that if they have a nuke, to use it would be to ensure their own destruction at the hands of their target's allies. what we have now, where the US decides who does and doesn't get a nuke, is the real and actual comparable analogy to gun control that you're looking for.

were we to back off and let iran get a nuke we would, in your analogy, really have two choices for automatic weapons. not give them to anyone, to ensure that everyone only has semis to fight with, or give them to everyone so that we are all on the same playing field. now, i know you're thinking it, but before you say it, the second idea - FUCKING RETARDED.

what makes them the same is that the concept is to provide for a situation where the most stability is maintained and the most people are kept safe. this is international relations 101, ie the prisoner's dilemma. make the cost of use so high as to prevent its use. that's what mutually assured destruction is. once again, read a book with no pictures, or if you don't have time, at least browse through some wikipedia before putting your opinions out there.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 11:50 AM

Cowlove

There is no honor for you in having a battle of wits with a handicapped and unarmed man. Even after you have hacked his limbs off, he is like the knight in Monty Python who tries to bite you on the ankle.

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 6, 2008 11:51 AM

Kit:
Of course a simpleton used a 'simple' example, no one is amazed here? I guess the fact that Iran has used proxy states (Syria) and terrorist organizations (Hamas|Hezbelloh) to do their bidding in the past has factored into your complex assertion about "MAD" ? I'm guessing that you also took 'Hyper-proliferation' into your 'equation' also? When Iran keeps their promise of proliferating Nuclear technology to their Syrian allies Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iraq, and Kuwait are going to accept an enemy nation with Nuclear weapons, right? they won't attempt to get their own.
How about this definition of sedition from Websters:
1. An illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government.
Go back to huffingpaint, your simple outlook makes you a genius over there.

lorlll
Here, how about this from a NYT correspondent :
You know a Nuclear Iran might just keep America in check!! Thanks, NYT. Hope thats mainstream enough for you.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 11:52 AM

I am laughing reading these comments. Wowzers you nut jobs are crazy! You lost because your policies failed, badly. The only demographics you won were backwards hicks in the great plains and the south, and old people.

That's it. Not a conspiracy, not an injustice. Just the facts. Your actual policies have failed.

hahahaha!!!!

Posted by: moretroops at November 6, 2008 12:00 PM

Kit

The argument of mutual destruction only works when there is faith in the other party's sanity and rational response. Your own post demonstrates that this is not always a well founded faith.

If you had a neighbor who had a lot of guns and he was saying that God had spoken to him and told him that he must kill you, wouldn't you be a little nervous? What if he had an atomic bomb?

Posted by: SnowSnake at November 6, 2008 12:06 PM

SnowSnake:
LOL you're about to get a reply about the "Evangelical" President Bush with his finger on the trigger - guaranteed.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 12:11 PM

cowlove:

"Clearly you are a moron. You didn't even see the trap being set for you. If Obama is wonderful and always right, then you obviously disagreed with him when he said that Iran is a grave threat. If you had said Iran IS a threat, then you would've obviously disagreed with him when he said Iran is no threat to us. Do you see what I just did there?"
clearly, you ARE a moron. this much is certain. i never once mentioned obama's position on iran. i stated MY position on iran. this whole paragraph presupposes the notion that i think obama is wonderful and always right. i didn't say, nor do i believe, either of those things. you didn't ask if i or anyone else believes that obama thinks iran is a threat, you asked what i believe, which is the answer i gave. i'd suggesting taking some time to actually read YOUR question and then my response instead of wasting your short mental resources on laying "traps" built out of logical fallacies.

did i say that i agree with sf naming a sewage treatment plant after bush? i don't think so. do i support it? no. because disagree with him or not, he was president and is due at least some respect. but let's not just make this about me. make sure you point some of those fingers at your own party who did everything they could this cycle to stay away from bush. as for who i honor, i give it to those who earn it. has bush done that? me and 80% of this country say no.

~Chicago, the murder capital of the world. Very rational.
really? the murder capital of the world? i'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one. maybe if you had said illinois, but the fucking world? damn you are stupid.

nope, those rational people that i'm referring to are the million plus people who cheered for john mccain when obama thanked him for his candidacy and competition. as for the "smear" jobs on palin, whether or not they're rational really is going to depend on what you mean by "smear" job. if you mean highlighting things like, as gov she requested the highest earmarks per capita in the united states, she used the powers of her office to pursue a personal vedetta, she billed the state of alaska for her children's unnecessary travel, or her flip flopping and then bragging about her support for the bridge to nowhere, then that doesn't really count as "smears" so much as "facts."

lunatic leftist moonbats? that borders on being overly phonetic. but for the rest, i'm not here justifying obama's win, i'm criticizing your loss. because, really, that's what it was. you guys fucked up and are too stubborn or too stupid to realize that and join the rest of the class on page 62. so, i guess, i'm really not proving we're worthless, as much as proving that you are archaic antipathical fascists.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 12:22 PM

xantl:

again with the question mark on a non question. come on. and i'm not doing it for me, i'm doing it for you. even though you're still glossing over the example.

"I guess the fact that Iran has used proxy states (Syria) and terrorist organizations (Hamas|Hezbelloh) to do their bidding in the past has factored into your complex assertion about "MAD" ?"
of course it did. if iran hands of a nuclear weapon with the express intent of allowing a third party to use it, there is no difference in them pulling the trigger themselves. there would still be retribution, and as we've proven in the last 8 years, it really doesn't matter who actually harms us, we're gonna go after whoever we want. iran, in making that decision has to take that into account. they have to fear that we will do whatever we think is best and know that we will match nuclear attack with nuclear attack. i'm pretty sure we got that point across during wwii.

i did, and i'm glad that you did to. but it looks like you stopped short of actual discovery at point making. of course if iran goes nuclear so will the rest of the middle east. but again, the only way that any nation would use nukes is if they KNEW not believed KNEW that there would be no consequences. stability comes only when we have and or enforce an all or none policy, not when we allow some to have and some to not.

"How about this definition of sedition from Websters:
Of course, you have to use a much abridged version of the text to appear like the terms are interchangeable."
actually, thanks again, you found a much more elegant way to express what i already did. the fact that these two are interchangeable. you're missing your history though. the supreme court has ruled that stump speeches or any speech really that has the intent of inciting others to overthrow the government is on par with someone walking into a movie theater and yelling fire, which is to say, that its ILLEGAL. nice try to get that "illegal actions" thing in there. sorry my quote was to abridged as to be completely obvious. guess i'll have to throw out my roget's.

what the fuck is huffingpaint? i don't think anyone's a genius when they do that.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 12:38 PM

Kit:
Lets use your own "Wikipedia" to prove you're a moron:
The difference between sedition and treason consists primarily in the subjective ultimate object of the violation to the public peace. Sedition does not consist of levying war against a government nor of adhering to its enemies, giving enemies aid, and giving enemies comfort. Nor does it consist, in most representative democracies, of peaceful protest against a government, nor of attempting to change the government by democratic means (such as direct democracy or constitutional convention).
Put simply, sedition is the stirring up of rebellion against the government in power. Treason is the violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state and has to do with giving aid to enemies or levying war. Sedition is more about encouraging the people to rebel, where treason is actually betraying the country. Sedition laws somewhat equate to Terrorism and Public Order laws.

Oh shit, there is a difference! You're not a moron because you didn't know, you could of course just conceded the point, or shut the fuck up - you choose neither and decided to argue the point - now eat a whole bag of dicks moron.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 12:56 PM

snowsnake, your making me conflicted here. on the one hand you're likening arguing with me to a sword fight with a limbless man from a fictional movie, and on the other hand, you're asking a question of me directly as if you'd really like to have a discussion. if you could clear that up, that'd be nice.

on the surface i agree with you here. i prefer though to think of it as depending on the other party's desire to preserve its own survival, but really that's inherent to your point. but while my post does demonstrate that we can't always count on the rational response, it also supposes that survival is always a rational response. i think that to believe a leader in the middle east would act contrary to HIS own survival, not the survival of his people mind you, is irresponsible. there were those who believed about russia during the cold war the same things that americans believe now about the middle east, that its leaders would be willing to sacrifice themselves to hurt us or our allies. we know now that that was not the case, and i think it would be very unlikely that its still not the case now in the middle east.

nervous? sure. who wouldn't be. but would i take that nervousness and use it as a justification to suppress the free development of another nation? absolutely not. america was founded by men who believed wholeheartedly that there was no such thing as real and actual safety, that there is no such thing as even partial safety. its all or nothing and they knew that it was competing for space with freedom. we can't have both and i would agree with them that to give up liberty for security means that we don't deserve either.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 1:01 PM

Yes, like when America confronted the Barbary pirates in Tripoli instead of paying the tribute to the moor sultan - The President spent more money on the ensuring war than what they would have just paying the pirates off.

Liberals today would have preferred to keep paying the fee for 'safe' passage, or argued that America is better to be on their knees, than negotiating from a position of power. The founding fathers didn't just leave you a bunch of quotes to cherry-pick their positions, they came to Americas defence, in our interest many times.

You evidently believe they would allow Iran to get the bomb, their actions shows they wouldn't.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 1:13 PM

well, xnatl, i'll concede on that one. apparently there is a subjective culturally defined difference between sedition and treason. way to go. now, before i go "eat a whole bag of dicks", as you lovingly put it, i'd like to go ahead and remind you that the reason that we're in this discussion at all, is because you corrected my declaration that beef's comment amounted to treason. i'm standing by that because his comment constitutes a "violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state."

so really, you were right that there is some floating random difference that people decide on a whim, and i was right that what he said is treason and not sedition. i guess that means i'm supposed to tell you to go eat a whole bag of dicks too, but i'm guessing you don't need my suggestion on that one.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 1:32 PM

Please show where 'Beefs' comments amount to Sedition, or Treason. They neither incite violence, nor call for removal of Congress by violent means. They're neither treasonous, or calls for an insurrection. Your hyperbole, and continued inability to accept you're wrong just proves you're an idiot. You were not right in any of your positions of treason/insurrection. I guess you should have taken your own advice and read the wikipedia articles on Sedition, or Treason "before putting your opinion out there you smarmy fuck.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 1:44 PM

actually, no, not like the barbary wars at all. those wars came about because we grew tired of paying off a nation while it was engaged in real and actual attacks on the united states and its citizens. in no way does that compare the the idea of iran getting a nuclear weapon.

it would be the same if we were paying off iran to stop attacking our troops in iraq, but we're not. we're talking about forcing them to stifle their own development as a nation.

really the position that you're arguing is that we got here first, therfore, we have the right to say who can do it and who can't, but given your apparently fervent nationalism, i would bet that you would be up in arms screaming if russia had beat us to it and was imposing sanctions to keep us from doing the same. not that you would admit that, because it means admiting your a facist/communist who is willing to step in and decide a nations fate for them, because they're obviously not qualified to do so on their own.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 1:49 PM

Want some cheese with that whine? You guys have shit all over this country, its working men and women, and now you expect us to feel sorry for you? Well, fuck you. Conservatives have always been wrong and always will be.

Posted by: Smarter Than YOU at November 6, 2008 1:51 PM

it means admiting your a facist/communist
wow, you really do take your position as the village idiot seriously.
fervent nationalism
Oh, sorry we forget only Libwals love their country when they get their President elected -- the rest of the time they're either defecating on the flag, or burning it.

no way does that compare the the idea of iran getting a nuclear weapon.

DURR HURR I CANT SEE THE COLLATION DURR

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 1:58 PM

ooh hoo, looks like someone needs their xanax today.

here's some highlights from beef's comment:

here we have a concerted effort to undermine the government and seize control of the congress from our representatives. now, i'm just a simple country boy from texas, but i'm pretty sure a declaration to remove our nations leaders from power constitutes "violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state", but then again, that could just be me.

but wait, there's more.

"No prisoners, no quarter: the fight starts now."
i would say that this sounds an awful lot like "incitement" were it not the fact that he never references any other person in this statement. it is his and only his, which means he's not really making an effort to stir up a rebellion. and how would he get prisoner's or have quarter or fight, if he wasn't talking about open war. a war of ideologies wouldn't really have prisoners would it, so it must be a fight of the physical persuasion.

now i'm sure you're gonna spin this up some and try and prove its sedition and not treason, and, you know, have fun with that. i would like to note that you've now made your entire argument one of semantics, rather than continuing to discuss whether or not iran with a nuke is an actual threat. maybe, think about who its a threat to, then maybe think about whether a conservative should care, then maybe think about why we couldn't even get iran's neighbors involved in doing the "right" thing. just a suggestion. was that smarmy? i didn't mean it to be smarmy. i was just so busy being smarmy, that i couldn't really tell. fucking douche bag.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 2:04 PM

Yes, and just so we're clear a country that Government encourages the chant of "DEATH TO AMERICA" at every rally, and whos leader said " and with the help of the Almighty, we shall soon experience a world without America and Zionism, notwithstanding those who doubt." and before September 11th had kidnaped, and murdered more American citizens than any terrorist organization IS a threat to this nation.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 2:04 PM

C'mon, Republicans...it's a simple two-syllable word I know you can pronounce if you try...

LANDSLIDE!

Posted by: dzent1 at November 6, 2008 2:11 PM

kit you're a complete fucking idiot; If the Department of Justice didn't prosecute Johnny "Taliban" Walker, a guy caught on the battlefields of Afghanistan aiding the Taliban with treason, you think a comment on a forum which has ambiguous meaning constitutes?

With what violence? ideas? political grass roots discussion? WOW you take moron to a new level.

"HURR DURR HE USED A WORD THAT HAS TWO MEANINGS!!! HE MEANS WAR!111! DURR"
It looks like you have no idea what an idiom means, looking up no prisoners you get:
take no prisoners
to be extremely determined to get what you want. In the big games against the best players, he takes no prisoners.

LOL IT MEANS WAR!! well except when it doesn't, DURR.

now, i'm just a simple country boy from texas
No. You're just fucking SIMPLE.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 2:15 PM

you do realize that nationalism has nothing to do with loving your country right? and that using the flag in protest to what your country does doesn't mean you don't love your country? and i think its pretty irresponsible to believe that every person who's ever burned an american flag was liberal. i mean, there are assumptions and then there are assumption and that one is way out there. for a guy who brings up the barbary wars, that's a pretty big wiff there.

"Yeah the actual notion that the founding fathers would prefer to engage a threat directly, rather than ignoring it, or paying it off is in no way a comparison - this is like your abridged dictionary claim - moronic.
right, again this assumption is based on the idea that iran is in fact a threat. and again, don't have any idea how many times i'm gonna have to say this, if iran gets a nuke they WILL NEVER EVER EVER USE IT. as for the rest of their "threat", you have people here in the states yelling the same thing about islam and the president of our country labeling their country and its government evil. wouldn't that, by your logic, mean that they have the right to engage in military actions against our neighbors under the guise of security while imposing crippling economic sanctions against them? and to answer the question for you, yes it would. only you're not going to admit that because you're a hypocritical douche.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 2:23 PM

Some of you guys here who express such visceral hatred of American liberals and liberalism should perhaps consider relocating to a place like Russia-- the powers that be there also still apparently hate liberal democracy and have a similar taste as you do for the unchecked power of the overdog, coercion instead of persuasion, and jackbooted violence against imagined "enemies."

Some of you are just completely paranoid and irrational. As far as money matters, Obama isn't a radical Marxist looking to topple the socio-economic class system here, he's a democratic capitalist-- relax! The haves and have-mores as Bush called them will still be able to have more, "the rich" will still be able to get richer and enjoy tremendous privilege(the economy actually does better under Democrats). Americans will always be capitalists and America is still a grest place for the individual to become financially independent and pursue happiness! That will not change during 8 years of Obama as president. God bless America and American democratic ideals! What a great nation!

Posted by: Michael at November 6, 2008 2:37 PM

this assertion and connection is based on the fact that he was guilty of treason and that they just didn't prosecute him, over course over looking the blaringly possible fact that he wasn't guilty of anything and they had no case and had to let it go. nice jump though.

who said anything about his organizational structure? and frankly who gives a shit. you wanna argue semantics, we're arguing semantics. the statement constitutes a violation of allegiance to one's state. treason. plain. simple.

It looks like you have no idea what an idiom means
yeah, he didn't say take no prisoners, he said there will be no prisoners and no quarter. which doesn't really fit the idiom you bring to the game. and if you're so stupid as to read that comment and think that's what he meant, then you have bigger problems to worry about then arguing grammar on this site.

keep on keeping on dude. i'm sure someday you'll find someone so retarded as to be amazed by your tertiary grasp of history, sociology, politics, or anything really. if i had to guess though, i'd say you've got a wait on your hands.

Posted by: kit at November 6, 2008 2:38 PM

Kit:
What? Did you miss the other part, where the President directly threatened force against Israel, and America (e.g didn't call them evil) and the part about kidnaping and killing Americans ? No, you cherry picked as usual.

HURR DURR BUT GEORGE BUSH SAID THEY'RE THE AXIS OF EVIL DURR

reading comprehension - learn it, I was discussing Liberals not the act of flag burning, and every time I see a flag being desecrated its by a Muslim national, or a liberal.

Yeah burning your flag, or taking a dump on it means you really, really love your country, IN BIZZARO LIBERAL WORLD.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 2:45 PM

kit:"HURR DURR HE TERRORIZED THE UNITED STATES ON A MESSAGE BOARD HES A TRAITOR DURR"

What a MORON.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 2:47 PM

"Obama will fix the economy, resolve our foreign policy issues, and protect us from terrorism..."

How?

Posted by: KHarn at November 6, 2008 4:39 PM

Please don't ask specifics KHarn just belieeeeeeeeeeeeeve its true.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 9:24 PM

God HELP the person "thing" I see burning MY AMERICAN FLAG. Kit if that means you then be ready, very ready to get your arse kicked. Touching MY countries flag in a sick way is a no go. This is why I really don't like the left--they have no respect. Ok so Obama is in---dumb thing to have happened but it did. Not saying our pledge or saluting our flag just don't get it with me or most of our Vets & troops. Oh & Kit you remember this saying---"the only way your going to get my gun is to pry it from my cold dead head".

Posted by: Cee "Snake" at November 7, 2008 7:40 AM

I've never read such hate mongering diatribe in my life. I am really afraid for this country as there are alot of sick people (this website included) that get a kick out of spewing hate and being miserable. Its like the fire and brimstone preachers who tell their churches that no matter what they do they will never get to heaven. Why don't you all just pull the dirt over yourselves and give up, instead of trying to keep the rest of us in misery. You are not conservatives, you are psychotics.

Posted by: Judy at November 12, 2008 12:14 PM

Then Judy my advice to you is we all make you so damned sick--including this web site then I have to ask just what in hell are you doing here reading the site or what we voice. It's called "freedom" baby. In joy it while you can. So none of us want YOU to feel misery in your days to come. My advice to you is go join the happy Obama clan & don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Ta Ta

Posted by: Cee "Snake" at November 14, 2008 6:59 AM

Then Judy my advice to you is we all make you so damned sick--including this web site then I have to ask just what in hell are you doing here reading the site or what we voice. It's called "freedom" baby. Enjoy it while you can. So none of us want YOU to feel misery in your days to come. My advice to you is go join the happy Obama clan & don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Ta Ta

Posted by: Cee "Snake" at November 14, 2008 6:59 AM