« Obama Logo With Star and Crescent | Main | Leather Pride Obama »

October 1, 2008

VP Debate Moderator Gwen Ifill Is Over-the-Top Obamunist

At this point the liberal media can dispense with any pretense of objectivity when it comes to moderating the debates — so it has:

Questions are being raised about PBS anchor Gwen Ifill's objectivity after news surfaced that she is releasing a new book promoting Barack Obama and other black politicians who have benefited from the civil rights struggle.
Ifill is moderating Thursday night's vice-presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin. Her book, "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama," is due to be released about the same time the next president takes the oath of office.

As if being a PBS propagandist and published Obamophile isn't enough, Ifill has a clear financial motive to do her insidious best to get the Left's messiah elected. As the hardly conservative Juan Williams observes:

Clearly her books aren't going to do as well unless Obama wins, so it looks like she has some investment, literally, in one candidate or the other. And she's supposed to be sitting there as a neutral arbiter during the debate. I think the world of Gwen Ifill but I know there's a perception problem.

Kind of like the perception problem you might have if Hitler was in a debate, and the moderator was Joseph Goebbels.

Gwen-Ifill.jpg
Comrade Ifill, the Left's idea of an objective moderator.

On tips from nanc and the MaryHunter.

Posted by Van Helsing at October 1, 2008 9:11 AM

Comments

All the more reason to hope that O'Bama loses. At very least, Gwen Awful's book sales will suffer.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at October 1, 2008 11:00 AM

Why do the GOP green-light these liberal moderators for Presidential debates every 4 years? Are they THIS stupid? Jim Leher?? Gwen Ifill?? McCain campaign says they had no idea about her book, but anyone who has ever watched the News/Political programming at PBS could have told them Ifill is a naked liberal. Next time, I demand Rush Limbaugh be chosen to moderate one of the Presidential debates.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at October 1, 2008 12:17 PM

Well really?! - Is there anyone in the MSM who is NOT in tank for Obama?

Posted by: BoKemp at October 1, 2008 1:22 PM

It's called (by rational people, anyway) "conflict of interests." If she were an attorney, she would have to decline to take the case, as it were, on the grounds that she has a pecuniary interest in the outcome of the case; to do otherwise would risk disbarment (not sanctions, not a reprimand, disbarment permanent and total).

Yet McCain lamely claims he knew nothing about her upcoming "book," pronounces that she will undoubtedly (oh, yeah!) be "scrupulous and fair," continues to submit Gov. Palin to the kind ministrations of that dolt ex-cheerleader perky Katie, smiling to Sarah's face and stabbing her in the back, all in the apparent name of "bi-partisanship."

I swear, the guy hasn't got a clue, and if he doesn't get his running-mate off this echo-my-reform crap and let her rip Obama and his moron V-P choice to shreads, he's doomed (hence, so are we).

Posted by: jc14 at October 1, 2008 3:03 PM

Refuter, I've wondered about that, myself. Considering that Obama supporters are acting like high school cheerleaders trying to get a school heartthrob elected Student Council President, there does seem to be an element of sashaying through the run up to the election by McCain strategists. If I'd been on his team, I would have protested.

Posted by: avalon at October 1, 2008 3:05 PM

I don't think she will be unfair to Palin but considering her book they should've gotten a more impartial moderator.

I expect Palin to slap the shit out of old Chia-pet Joe regardless of the moderator. :)

Posted by: Cartman at October 1, 2008 3:12 PM

she needs to recuse herself.

but - and that's a very big butt - she was the moderator for the 2004 veepee debate and we all know where that got them...this may be a blessing in disguise - just think of joe trying to answer ANYTHING in two minutes or less! ha!

sarah will handle herself just fine.

Posted by: nanc at October 1, 2008 9:18 PM

And the comment from my very left-wing co-worker already this morning (pre-6am EDT) is "Did you hear the McCain Camp is accusing the moderator for tonight's debate of being in the tank for Obama?" I sent him a copy of this article. No doubt he will respond with some drivel from Salon.com (for which he is a contributor)or some BS he gets from AirAmerica radio in NYC. I have stopped discussing politics with him because when it comes to politics- we can't have a discussion. And if I hear one more "Moose-Lady" comment, or anything about "the need for McCain to undergo a psychiatric exam to see if he's competent mentally", or the best one, that "Obama is the adult in the room"- I may just lose my mind. By the way, we work in the broadcast industry, and this is the kind of crap that he spews into the airwaves. It's a good thing nobody listens to Air America anyway. And if John McCain needs to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, how long until anyone with conservative ideas must stand trial to see if they're mentally fit?

This is effin' craziness. I cannot remember ever seeing an election process so long and so bitter, and seeing real, partisan, hatred. This is not the America I grew up believing in. This is not the way it's supposed to be, is it? I understand that some trash-talk and mudslinging is to be expected and all, but I think this time it's gotten way out of hand. And above all, the irony of the situation is what's really killing me. Obama suppoerters are propping up everything they're supposedly against. They bash conservative Christians for being "blinded by their faith" when they won't even look at the possibility that Obama is not what he seems and has manipulated the media, the voters, and the masses. Scary, scary stuff. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think that the country was so sharply and viciously divided until about a year ago. And this- this is the cause. Damn.

Posted by: Murff at October 2, 2008 3:47 AM

Posted by: V the K at October 2, 2008 4:19 AM

VTK, man.... I laughed hard. But I fear I may be crying later. I am not looking forward to this.

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at October 2, 2008 8:35 AM