« Sarah Palin Blamed for Hurricane, Child's Down Syndrome | Main | Moonbat Information Policy »

September 1, 2008

Watermelon Seed Banned as Racist

Even melon seeds can be accused of racism:

SACRAMENTO — Colusa County officials are defending their display at the California State Fair after a black couple complained that a caricature of a smiling watermelon seed was racist.
The "Waldo Watermelon Seed" drawing was removed this week after the couple said the image evoked negative stereotypes about blacks.

Displays honoring cucumber, pumpkin and tomato seeds managed to escape what the county attorney called "a cloud of unintended racism."

If you think the climate is crazy now, imagine what it would be like with Obama in the White House. His campaign has already shown its willingness to eat its own over comparably ludicrous racism charges.

watermelon_seeds.jpg
Seeds of racism.

On a tip from Oiao.

Update:

Via News First, on a tip from Lyle, here he is, Waldo the Racist Watermelon Seed:

waldo-watermelon-seed.jpg

Notice that he's black, just like a real watermelon seed, and very possibly like the kids at the Fout Springs Boys Correctional Facility who created him.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 1, 2008 9:16 AM

Comments

Posted by: Oiao at September 1, 2008 9:44 AM

I am forty-four years of age and honestly have never read of anything that compares in stupidity. Amazing.

Posted by: Two Dogs at September 1, 2008 9:53 AM

To quote a character from Golddiggers Of 1933:
"I wish there was somebody I could complain to!"

Posted by: KHarn at September 1, 2008 9:53 AM

You think that's racist? That's nothin'! Big drug companies have been forcing African-Americans to pick cotton for years! They stuff it in the tops of aspirin bottles so black people will have to "pick cotton" to cure their headache. It' vicious, unbridled, corporate racism, that's what it is...cotton, watermelons, banjos and chitlins ought to be banned from public view! Have you no sensitivity?

Posted by: Stogie at September 1, 2008 10:27 AM

Stogie - ROFLMAO. I just spit by drink all over the keyboard.

Good one.

Posted by: Oiao at September 1, 2008 11:27 AM

Is Aunt Jemima next?

Not only is she racist, she is sexist!

Posted by: Anonymous at September 1, 2008 11:46 AM

She looks like she could use some more fruit/veggie choices in her diet and less...um...whatever it is that she's eating too much of now. What a lardass:
(sitting, 1st heifer on left)

Posted by: skh.pcola at September 1, 2008 3:00 PM

Good snag on the pic Lyle.

Hey. Is that an Illegial Alien Pumpkin seed next to the Racist Watermellon seed? I saw that Illegial Alien Pumpkin seed hanging out by the Home Depot today, I swear.

Damb, I did not know the California was so racist.

Posted by: Oiao at September 1, 2008 7:32 PM

well, if it wasn't the blacks it would've been the gays. Nothing is innocent anymore. Every name, newscast, movie, logo, slogan, slip of the tongue, is fodder for the chronically offended. Beware Fruit of the Loom. You are next.

Posted by: james at September 1, 2008 8:28 PM

And why is Devil's Cake black and Angel's Cake white? According to Wright, it's supposed to be the other way round! Stamp out racism (by reversing it)!

Posted by: Conservigilant at September 2, 2008 1:23 AM

Yeah, but brown chocolate is one everyone loves to eat - very few like white chocolate - white chocolate is actually not chocolate, but they call it that anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 2, 2008 4:45 AM

This is the most insane, moronic thing I have ever heard of. Guess we cant use prunes or raisins either or dark chocolate...These guys are just so sensitive I dont even know how they manage to live. They certainly arent very enlightened.

Posted by: marlio at September 3, 2008 1:41 PM

If watermellon seeds are considered racist, what am I to do with my vintage sign from the restaurant Sambo's where their motto is: "Come to Sambo's Where We's Aim's to please!"

Posted by: The Right is Right at September 3, 2008 6:32 PM

I think Spic and Span is racist!

Posted by: The Right is Right at September 3, 2008 6:39 PM

I have a "tiger" salt and pepper shaker from Sambo's. Am I ok, God I hope so. I'll turn myself in now.
P.O.O.P, people offended by offended people.
I wanna barf