« Nutroots Call for Exploiting Mortgage Crisis to Justify Radical Measures | Main | World's Smallest Book »

September 30, 2008

Obama, the Mortgage Mess, and the Cloward-Piven Strategy

The Nutroots aren't the only ones who see in the financial crisis an opportunity for totalitarians to give the country a hard shove toward communism. James Simpson even suggests that this was the whole point of the demented policies that brought it about.

Granting mortgages by the $billions to people unlikely to make the payments may not have been just about providing "affordable housing" to allegedly oppressed minorities, but about deliberately overburdening the capitalist system, in accordance with the Cloward-Piven Strategy, much beloved by the sort of ultra-leftists who move in Barack Obama's circles.

See American Thinker for a rundown of Obama's many ties to the radical Left as they pertain to both the mortgage mess and the Cloward-Piven Strategy. If Obama gets elected, no one is going to believe that this information was publicly available beforehand.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 30, 2008 11:34 AM

Comments

No matter what is decided, they have to stop the insanity of NO DOWN PAYMENT loans!

Posted by: KHarn at September 30, 2008 12:29 PM

You know that scene in KILL BILL where 2 women are sword fighting in a trailer home and one woman plucks out the eye of the one woman wearing an eye patch? If Obama wins we will all feel like that blind woman after 4 years.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 30, 2008 12:35 PM

You mean we'll feel like Darryl Hannah? And we'll wanna go goofy for a zero carbon footprint home in LA and have to extracted from a tree by the cops?
Now if were making Tarantino film analogies, I'll actually feel more like The Gimp. That being restrained in laytex and ball gagged and locked in a trunk.

Posted by: Bryherb at September 30, 2008 12:44 PM

I'm beginning to have misgivings about the limitations imposed by my libertarian "live and let live" philosophy. It seems like maybe time to start figuring out which key people need to become accident-prone, or maybe the victims of random violent crimes. They do tend to hang out in bad neighborhoods, after all. How else could they incite the rabble?

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at September 30, 2008 2:20 PM

Obama is going to win. Bush seems to always stop McCain from becoming President.

Posted by: Ian at September 30, 2008 4:48 PM

Maybe Ian, but it's pretty shocking that BO only has a small lead right now.

I noticed something else while watching the news with my largely apolitical wife tonight. Barney Frank was gasbagging, and she asked "Who the hell is that guy?!" I gave a brief rundown of Frank's career and current role in the Democrat controlled House, and she said "where do they find these people?". She's also well aware of Pelosi, Reid, Rangel and "Countrywide" Chris Dodd now too.

Anyway, my point is that most people didn't know who these clowns were until this week. Maybe didn't even know the Democrats controlled Congress. Now they do, and I'm willing to bet the Republican leadership looking a little better to most people in comparison.

We'll see what happens after some form of the bailout bill passes and McCain can really go after the Democrat policies that created the mess.

Posted by: forest at September 30, 2008 5:29 PM

LOL! The Gimp! Best character in Pulp Fiction - hilarious.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 1, 2008 5:06 AM

I am beginning to know how a retiree living in Rome felt as his leader practiced his hoedown lesson as the city burned down around them. The only difference in all these years is that it is a couple now named Nancy and Harry

Posted by: ted segesser at October 1, 2008 8:07 AM

I feel like the USA is an airliner that has just been hijacked by terrorists and is about to be flown into a building.

The lefties are using the good intentions of our country to beat us over the head.

I am beginning to like Mr Evilwrench's idea. This reminds me of what Los Pepes had to do to bring down Pablo Escobar.

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:18 AM

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:20 AM

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:29 AM

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:29 AM

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:29 AM

Posted by: rb at October 1, 2008 10:30 AM

we get ya, buddy.

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at October 1, 2008 4:04 PM

I seriously question the sanity and intelligence of the small brained Repubtards??? The GOP convinces you. quite easily I may add you worthless Lemmings, that

* A free media is a "liberal not to be trusted media" (Can you explain how that differs from Putin restablishing State Run Media???) Let Rush and Rove convince you not to trust anything the real world says, so you can just consume their Kool aid.

* Convinced you that even though W, virtually his entire staff and literally ALL of the power of the GOP attended Yale or Harvard, that the Dems are the elitists?? JESUS, did you not watch the Lehman CEO hearings? How ironic is it that the Lehman Partner that nixed the idea of reducing Executive bonuses just so happens to be W's Cousin??? Keep on drinking the Kool-Aid lemmings!!

* 8 years of a GOP president, 6 of those years and 6 years prior a GOP Congress, yet here you halfwits go talking about how it was the Dems that brought about this debaucle!! JESUS, John McCain is running on a DEMOCRAT platform, Increased Government oversight and regulation, increased government spending, increased Stem Cell research, your gal dimwit Sarah even stated in the debate that they would support gay Civil Unions, yet you lemmings blindly follow the shiny object because it has GOP on it!

At the end of the day, the one thing we can be assured of with a Republican President is record deficits combined with a dramatic economic disaster (Ronnie had the Savings & Loan Scandal) and increased income disparity with huge asset growth for those in the top 5%.

Now go back to spewing racial bile...

Posted by: HugoPhucoffGOP at October 7, 2008 12:30 PM

Hey Van Helsing, your views just like your tag are completely in the realm of fantasy!!

Cloward-Piven was a strategy to bring down the WELFARE state!! Force the collapse of Welfare, create militants instead of fat Welfare recipients!!

Don't worry, there are just as many idiotic "conspiracy theories" about the Conservative wing of the U.S.

Beginning with the failure of the Financial markets to allow the Ultra Conservatives to disassemble all entitlement programs and establish a Caste System of "us and them"..

Posted by: tiredofrepubtards at October 7, 2008 12:56 PM