« Open Thread | Main | Moonbats Sing the Praises of Their Messiah »

August 17, 2008

Careful: Don't Step in the Nuance

Here's how the Obamessiah answered Rick Warren's question, "At what point does a baby get human rights?" (with all the uhs thoughtfully removed by the Los Angeles Times):

I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.

If only La Times had also filtered out the smokescreen of $5 words like "specificity," they could have saved some ink by translating the answer as "I dunno."

Asked the same question, McCain "immediately responded that a baby's rights begin at conception."

La Times characterized Obama's answer as "more nuanced." Shovel away the nuance and you will find that Obama's voting record is 100% pro-abortion.

Too bad Warren didn't ask the Obamination, If you don't know you're wrong, why can't you just admit what you stand for? Why hide beneath the stinking heaps of nuance?

On a tip from Cartman.

Posted by Van Helsing at August 17, 2008 11:17 AM

Comments

Polysyllabic clothing hiding monosyllabic nakedness. So what else is new?

Posted by: Conservigilant at August 17, 2008 11:30 AM

Refusing to answer questions, refusing to be pinned down on an issue, that seems to be a democratic trademark. This way they have wiggle room to later fit whatever mindset is popular at the moment.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at August 17, 2008 11:48 AM

So the scientific fact that a living human sperm and a living human egg combine the donor's DNA to pass onto a new living human being is beyond his pay grade? Has he not looked in the mirror and recognized the result of this action from his mother and father? Not as deep a thinker as the L.A. Times would have us believe. But then... it is the L.A. Times.

Posted by: IOpian at August 17, 2008 12:45 PM

Let me correct a few of those mistakes in the transcription. Obama said:

Well (sigh) uh yaknow uhhh I think that whetherrrr you are looking at it from a theological perspective or, uh, a scientific perspective, uh, answering that question with specificity, uhhh, you know, is, is, uh, above my pay grade. Ah, but, but but but but but let me sa-, le- le- le- le- let me speak more generally..."

Obama, the Great Orator.

Posted by: ent at August 17, 2008 12:46 PM

The Supreme Court didn't feel the question was above it's "pay grade" when Roe v. Wade was handed down, and I'm pretty sure that even the Chief Justice makes less than the President.
Sorry, Obama, you'll have to answer a whole lotta tough questions if you take the White House; some of them might involve things like going to war and deciding if someone should live or die.
Send this idiot back to Chicago where we can limit the damage he does....

Posted by: PabloD at August 17, 2008 1:31 PM

Obama is already holding a job above his pay grade.

McCain did very well in the meeting, even the lib mouthpieces talking later looked a little dumbfounded by the poor performance by obama. Good.

Posted by: Hemlock at August 17, 2008 3:25 PM

I've been surprised by the emergent meme following the event, that Obama was very solid whereas McCain was perhaps a tad more solid. This, on Fox News. I thought Obama looked ridiculous - a lightweight nobody, unable to answer a simple question without a ten-minute rambling diatribe that ultimately said nothing. To me, Obama looked like he has exactly one stchik - the contemplative professor carefully weighing all sides of the issue - that he keeps playing over and over, even as events have overtaken the "Look cool and collected, while Hillary spins off her axle" moment in time. I am amazed at what positive coverage he's gotten from TV pundits I otherwise respect.

Posted by: mega at August 17, 2008 4:54 PM

"Nuance". Is that the French word for what one finds in a cow pasture? As in "Bubba, you just stepped in a pile of nuance!"

Posted by: on-the-rocks at August 17, 2008 5:23 PM

Andrew Mitchell, the Mary Magdalene of the Obamassiah Cult, has an explanation for why McCain sounded so sure and Obama sounded so dumb, McCain was obviously cheating.

Posted by: V the K at August 17, 2008 5:58 PM