« Massachusetts School of Law Calls for Hanging President Bush | Main | Next on the Agenda: Animal Marriage »

June 18, 2008

Moonbats May Finally Be Removed from Berkeley Trees

The moonbats who have been infesting, maiming, and even dropping from the trees near Memorial Stadium at UC Berkeley for the last year and a half may finally be removed.

Arborists cut ropes used to supply the moonbats. It wasn't easy work. Police and arborists were pelted with human waste. A progressive calling herself "Millipede" was taken into custody for biting an arborist.

Tree-dwelling moonbats at UC Santa Cruz have expressed concern.

Berkeley's tree infestation has cost the university $370,000 in security costs.

Police have the area fenced off, but ProtestShooter has some pictures of local fauna drawn out of its burrows by the commotion:

berkeley-moonbat.jpg

berkeley-moonbat-2.jpg

Animal Planet ought to do something really exotic, and film a Wild Kingdom episode in Berkeley.

Another, from Zombie:

berkeley-moonbat-3.jpg

Zombie asked the moonbat above, "Are you trying to start a die-in, or just sunbathing in the street?" The reply: "I feel it's important to be in touch with the ground at this time. Perhaps someone will bring me some food."

Berkeley is one place where Obama will not need to campaign.

Hat tip: Michelle Malkin; on a tip from Burning Hot.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 18, 2008 10:38 AM

Comments

Too bad someone didnt run over that girls face, it would have improved her looks.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 18, 2008 10:57 AM

Probably her smell, too.

Posted by: V the K at June 18, 2008 11:15 AM

looks like roadkill

Posted by: Jimbo at June 18, 2008 11:16 AM

Hey, isn't that first guy wearing that funky magic hat from Hogwarts University? I'll bet he gets assigned to House Slitherin....

Posted by: hiram13pm at June 18, 2008 11:21 AM

"Uh -- That's asphalt, dear."

Posted by: RNB at June 18, 2008 11:26 AM

Very interesting photo (of the girl lying in the street) if one thinks about it. First, although she is probably very upset about the trees and needs to "get in touch with the ground", personal comfort is still a consideration: she is using a pillow. Isn't that impeding her communion with the pavement?

Second, and true to lib-progressive form, in the midst of her protestations and communion, she wants someone else to serve her ("bring me food"). Yeah, it's easy to be a high-minded "progressive" when someone else takes care of you.

This is a stretch, but follow me: Jane Fonda in "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" was a whining, liberal bitch through most of the movie (type casting). In the end, she wants to end it all by suicide, but can't pull the trigger herself...and forces her boyfriend to shoot her, thereby getting arrested for murder. JUST LIKE A LIBERAL, she couldn't even do THAT herself, and ruined someone else's life doing her dirty work.

These people are parasites. They live off the work of others. Read Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead. Ayn Rand had it right.

Posted by: matt at June 18, 2008 11:36 AM

Here's something I have never really understood. People absolutely have the right to protest anything they wish. What I don't get is why the taxpayers have to pay for security for the protesters. If they wish to live in the trees, fine (though why the university doesn't have them forcefully evicted is beyond me), but they should do so in the knowledge that they put themselves at the standard risk of injury, crime, etc. of anyone that is out in public. The standard should be, "Fine, live in the trees, but you're on your own."

Of course, it's not the moonbat's money they are spending, but the taxpayers', so who cares?

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at June 18, 2008 11:45 AM

Coder, they have to provide security because if anything DID happen to these idiots (even while trespassing), there would be a lawsuit for 10 or 20 times the price of the security. Moonbats run the legal system too, ya know. And in Berserkly, the jurors are as crazy as a rat in a coffee can to boot.

Posted by: hiram13pm at June 18, 2008 11:54 AM

TIP:

Canadian school board uses psychic to find sexually abused kids.

"...educational assistant had visited a psychic, who said a youngster whose name started with "V" was being sexually abused..." And they actually called the authorities to investigate!!

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at June 18, 2008 12:10 PM

Those tree huggers are really nut's btw you should check out Pen and teller Environmental hysteria

Also I found this blog the posts can be sloppy but they're good and this one debunks the new NIE

Posted by: Joe at June 18, 2008 12:59 PM

@Hiram: Good point. I forgot myself when I gave the juries in moonbat country any credit for common sense.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at June 18, 2008 12:59 PM

Been around these MoonBats. They smell bad at work and out in town.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 18, 2008 2:16 PM

I can't look at the guy in the second picture without hearing "I aM TORgo, I tAKe caRE of The plACE WhiLE the MASTER iS aWaY."

It's OK if you don't get it, but you should find a copy of Mystery Science Theater 3000's "Manos" The Hands Of Fate right away!

Posted by: KHarn at June 18, 2008 3:23 PM

OT – Good laugh. From the Chicago Tribune no less. Once we fully legalize Pet Marriage and enact laws to protect it, what is to stop the MoonBats from taking the next leap of Human – Pet legal marriages?
You know your pets really want to get married, right?

Posted by: oiao at June 18, 2008 4:17 PM

Manos Hands of Fate? Brain From The Planet Arous was better. Even Zontar The Thing from Venus beats Manos - hands down.

Anyway, someone better tell that chick she is putting her hands on OIL - aka the Black Death as asphalt is made out of OIL !!!

Posted by: Anonymous at June 18, 2008 5:31 PM

I'd sue the bats for the cost of security once they come down. Heck, I'd start the lawsuit while they're still up there, it would be fun to bet on whether they show up for court after receiving a summons.

Posted by: Seamus at June 18, 2008 5:39 PM

I liked the Pen&Teller one where they went to a tree hugger protest of some kind and had people signing a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide.
To quote one of the world's great philosophers, "What a bunch of maroons!"

Posted by: steven at June 18, 2008 5:40 PM

LOL, yeah, Hiram, I was just thinking that looks exactly like the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter.
KHarn's observation on the second protestor was good, too. Through the miracle that is Youtube, I am rediscovering many of the classic episodes of MST3K, and 'Manos' was one of the worst movies they were made to watch, which led to one of the funniest episodes of the show.
I can't believe it took them this long to set to work getting those freaks out of the trees. Now that they've thrown feces at the cops, which is of course loaded with harmful bacteria, (Especially considering how long it must have been hanging up there untreated in their crap buckets), the police will hopefully be able to add aggravated assault to the list of charges leveled against the hippies. An easier, eco- friendly way to get them down from the trees would be by launching two or three big active hornets' nests at the trees. I'd imagine that would cause the hippies to skedaddle out of the trees pretty quickly, and be pretty satisfying to watch for those onlookers who are safely out of the way.

Posted by: Adam at June 18, 2008 6:15 PM

I think it is great that UCB Regients are getting a full dose of the same MoonBattery that they allow the very liberal UCB administration to not only promote, but hold in high esteem.

I hope it costs the university millions before it is over.

I hope the pending littigation names the Regients by name on each suit.

Posted by: Oiao at June 18, 2008 10:28 PM

Posted by: V the K at June 19, 2008 3:24 AM

Maybe that kid from HOSTEL will run her over. He did a job on that girl, who sort of looks like this girl, that sold him out to the torture chamber. HOSTEL, that was one F'd up movie. Disgusting beyond belief - the hanging eyeball was nauseating.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 19, 2008 6:07 AM

Anon & KHarn: At one time "Manos" was my favorite MST3K film, but you need to see "Red Zone Cuba", if you haven't already.

I wonder if these Moonbats get their philosophy of life from MST...

Posted by: Toa at June 19, 2008 8:54 AM

No, Toa, I think they get their philosophy of life from the movies themselves that Joel/ Mike and the 'Bots watch. Or, I'd imagine the moonbats who view themselves as "Performance Artists" or "Protest Musicians" would have a lot in common with the evil scientists on the show: They constantly subject normal, rational people to unspeakably awful and talentless displays of would- be art, just to see how the normal people would react (Though, unlike the MST3K scientists, the moonbats would view the atrocious creations they subject the masses to as brilliant, insightful masterpieces). In fact, if MST3K were still around, the brainless liberal propaganda film 'V for Vendetta' would make for an awesome episode. Mike and the 'Bots could rip that movie a new one.
I never saw that episode you mentioned, Toa, I might have to look for it. A few I'd recommend, if you haven't already seen them, are 'The Final Sacrifice,' 'Space Mutiny,' and either of the two Santa Claus- related films they've viewed (The weird Mexican kids' film 'Santa Claus,' and the infamous 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians').

Posted by: Adam at June 19, 2008 9:42 AM

Red Zone Cuba? Never heard of it. I have to check that one out. Is it like SURF NAZI's MUST DIE?

Posted by: Anonymous at June 19, 2008 9:49 AM

Red Zone Cuba's real name is a even better: NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNDO FINE. WTF??? The comments at IMDB are hilarious

Posted by: Anonymous at June 19, 2008 9:52 AM

Actually, V for Vendetta is an awesome movie if you can just do one simple thing....

In your mind, every time they say "conservative" or "conservative party", change it to "liberal". It makes a hell of a lot more sense. Liberals running concentration camps, experimenting on people "for the greater good", engineering mass hysteria (costing some people their lives) for power and profit *cough*AlGore*cough*... If you can make that mental leap, it's an excellent film.

Posted by: hiram13pm at June 19, 2008 10:13 AM

Berkeley event at Marine Selection Office this Sat.

Patriots are going to turn out in force.

Posted by: Oiao at June 19, 2008 3:49 PM

Just curious if anyone remembers the movie "The Final Countdown". Just think of the possibilities(sp) of changing the future in the past by wasting the USSR and the middle East back in 1941. No Moonbats for ever!!!

Posted by: Farmer Ted at June 19, 2008 5:22 PM

-Off Topic-

Farmer Ted
I saw "Final countdown", I love stuff like that.
Toa
After watching Red Zone Cuba (The map they used for the invasion plan was HALARIOUS!) I figured out the "two cents and a busted cigarette" thing:
You see, the two cents was supposed to be the QUARTER he had stolen from the gas station (or was it a diner?), but they had to have a cigarette for the scene, so the prop man used the quarter to buy a pack of cigarettes and got back TWO CENTS in change. The movie had that small a "budget"!

Posted by: KHarn at June 19, 2008 6:18 PM

Yeah KHarn, that Coleman "Curly" Francis could make a heckuva movie, couldn't he??? As far as I know, his son is a producer as well. And Mike Nelson is a steady listener and good friend of Hugh Hewitt!
I should've known there'd be a cadre of Misties on this forum:D:D

Adam- what you speculated is a crack-up, but I actually think it's darned accurate! If the shoe fits...
"Space Mutiny" is priceless (golf carts kill!!!!) "Final Sacrifice"...isn't that the Canadian pic with the kid cringing by the campfire and saying "Rowsdower"? And isn't "Final Countdown" where Kirk Douglas commands a carrier that gets caught in a time warp...? Boy, did we ever get off-topic...

Posted by: Toa at June 19, 2008 9:18 PM