« Brace Yourselves… | Main | Obama's Pastor: God Damn America »

March 13, 2008

School Sued for Waking Sleeping Student

The moonbattery paralyzing all productive activity has come to this:

Danbury [CT] officials have been notified they are being sued by a student who was awakened in class by a teacher who made a loud noise.
Documents filed with the Town Clerk, a prelude to a lawsuit, claim that a sleeping student suffered hearing damage when his teacher woke him up by slamming her hand down on the boy's desk in December.

Next time a student starts snoring in class, the teacher will know to speak more softly, so as not to disturb him.

sleeping_student.jpg
Education in the age of moonbattery.

On a tip from Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 13, 2008 10:08 AM

Comments

Tell the kid to get to bed earlier on school nights; tell his moronic parents to "you know what - off;" tell the teacher, next time, take a yardstick upside the sleeping student's head -- that'll wake him up without damaging his precious hearing.

Oh, wait! It's Connecticut -- already Moonbat Heaven, so any sort of rationality will not find root there. Too bad!

Posted by: jc14 at March 13, 2008 10:23 AM

I dont have a tip for ya fellow comrade

But if you want to stand up and find out for yourself there is a serious problem with doctors insurance premiums being too high in NY

Do some research for yourself, take a stand like Lincoln and find out whats goin on ;)

Posted by: wiz at March 13, 2008 11:20 AM

Moonbat Heaven? Not too long ago a fellow cut off his trigger finger to protest a proposed gun control law. Crazy, to be sure; but far laeft out of touch with reality crazy?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 13, 2008 11:41 AM

I heard of a teacher who was known for waking sleeping students in one of two ways:
1. breaking a ruler on the student's desk. The sound wakes them up in a hurry.
2. Spraying the student with a water gun.

Posted by: Adam at March 13, 2008 11:43 AM

I slept through most of my classes and turned out potato

Posted by: Hashfanatic(Parody) at March 13, 2008 11:44 AM

The teacher should have just punched him in the head - it might have knocked some sense into him.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 13, 2008 11:53 AM

I prefer to kick the desk leg...may have to reconsider in light of this.

Posted by: baldeagle390 at March 13, 2008 11:58 AM

This kid wouldn't have survived Catholic school circa 1964

Posted by: JamesB at March 13, 2008 12:48 PM

And then these people (who instigate frivious lawsuits against schools) wonder why thier little precious child can't read or write at graduation time???? And of course teachers aren't allowed to defend themselves when someone's precious child pulls a knife on them or decides to beat the crap out of them. No one in their right mind, in this day and age, would want to be a teacher because moonbat parents won't support discipline in the classroom. Our system of education is going downhill and will continue that way because of this crap.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 13, 2008 12:51 PM

Slaping the desk with a hand, book, or ruler has been the approved method of waking a sleeping student for decades. Very effective, gets the student's attention (The other students' attentions as well), causes then no harm and saves the time that would have been taken up for a lecture or minor punishment.

HASH
I also slept in school and I came out just pajama potato too!

"wiz at March 13, 2008 11:20 AM"

I'm not sure what you mean, did you post in the wrong topic?

Posted by: KHarn at March 13, 2008 1:57 PM

My dad was a secondary math teacher. One of my friends told me that one day in class a kid fell asleep. So my dad, who was a strapping guy, picked up the desk, student and all, and dropped it from a height of about 2 feet.

My dad took an early retirement at age 55 and I breathed a sigh of relief that his old-school discipline never landed him in legal soup.

Posted by: KGB at March 13, 2008 7:01 PM

Don't bother to wake the student up...
Simple fail them on the next test or assignment for lack of participation.

Posted by: ttevolla at March 14, 2008 8:49 AM