« Obama's Pastor: God Damn America | Main | Under E.U. Pressure, Sweden Gets Moonbattier »

March 13, 2008

Sarah Mukherjee Defends Caucasians from BBC Bigots

Political correctness has reached the point in Britain that the only people who dare stick up for maligned Caucasians are non-Europeans. The execrable BBC is running a series slandering whites, depicting the white working class as racist, violent, alcoholic, living off welfare, etc. Senior BBC reporter Sarah Mukherjee actually spoke up against the ham-fisted bigotry.

The reporter, who is Asian, made the comments after Richard Klein, the BBC's commissioning editor for documentaries, said that the corporation had been "brave" to make a series of programmes about the "prejudices, alienation, fears and confusion" of the white working class. He said in an interview with the BBC's in-house magazine Ariel that the season should be watched by anyone "who thinks the BBC no longer takes risks".

Mukherjee comments:

I think you'll find that firefighters, ambulance workers and soldiers are brave, rather than filmmakers. And am I the only one for whom this season leaves a nasty taste in the mouth? […L]istening to the patronising conversations in some newsrooms you'd think white, working-class Britain is one step away from anarchy, drinking themselves senseless and pausing only to draw benefits and beat up a few Asian and black people.

If elitist Beebster weenies really want to impress us with their bravery, let's see them risk trying to survive on the free market without subsidies expropriated by force from the people they insult.

On a tip from Ian from the EUSSR.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 13, 2008 2:57 PM

Comments

Let's see them get really brave and do a documentary on the "prejudices, alienation, fears and confusion" of resident jihadists.

Posted by: Beef at March 13, 2008 4:23 PM

I think the key thing here is the description of the attitudes pervasive within the BBC.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at March 13, 2008 5:49 PM

Liberals are abject cowards

Posted by: JamesB at March 14, 2008 6:05 AM

Ian, the BBC seems right in line with the New York Times, but I do take hope in the fact that the Times' subscriptions are waaaay down as are their stock prices... means they are pissing off a lot of Americans and it does my heart good that enough recognize the BS that they are bringing them down. Hopefully many in the UK will realize the worthlessness of the BBC soon.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 14, 2008 6:56 AM

H.A.Mom: If memory serves, the BBC is financed by tax dollars (in part if not entirely). Like all tax-financed organizations, they don't have to worry about public opinion.
The first commenter beat me to the keyboard - real courage would be standing up to the jihadists in England, but we won't see that anytime soon...

Posted by: PabloD at March 14, 2008 9:02 AM

Wow, I didn't realize that Pablo, thanks for the info. That is exactly why healthcare will go down the toilet after it becomes a government thing. No reason to care if the government is paying a fixed rate and paying for the malpractice insurance, eh? I do so feel for our cousins across the pond, and at the same time, worry about the horrors we may be headed for.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 14, 2008 10:21 AM

The BBC, don't get me started on the BBC. Okay, I've started. :)

They're not financed by "tax dollars", they're financed by a television licence. That's right. If you want to watch TV, you have to buy a license. Enforcement is strict. Me, I don't own a TV because I don't want to pay the license. So, I get a constant barrage of letters accusing me of being a license-dodger; rude, insulting, just-legal letters. Then every now and again a nasty little BBC Stasi man turns up to inspect my home in the hope of finding a television.

If you don't pay, you go to jail. Many, many people, poor people who just wanted to watch TV, have gone to jail for non-payment.

People who have a TV (and license) have no idea of the constant harrassment you get from the license enforcement people.

And this money is extracted from us to pay for a nest of gramscian post-marxists working day and night to wreck our nation. That's "Great" Britain for you.

And that, boys and girls, is how little Britain can afford the world's biggest television news gathering agency.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at March 14, 2008 3:13 PM

Sounds more like "propoganda gathering and agenda driven reporting" to me. Thanks Ian for setting it all straight.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 14, 2008 6:33 PM