« Moonbats Congratulate Themselves on Recruiting Center Bombing | Main | Obama Man Can »

March 7, 2008

Obama Advisor Samantha Power Equates Waterboarding with Genocide

Obama groupie and "senior advisor" Samantha Power has promised that Osama Obama will effect a "restoration of trust" with Britain by pandering to Europe's pacifistic liberal elite with his softness on Islamic terror, and by subjugating American sovereignty to the corrupt and despicable United Nations.

Jabbers the unhinged Power, who is described as "a key member of the Presidential hopeful's foreign policy team":

We have to show that we know we can't do it alone. It matters not just intrinsically that we close Guantanamo, it matters because we need to be credible at the UN. You can't be against genocide on a Monday and for water boarding on Tuesday, then on Wednesday show up at the UN.

The transitory discomfort of waterboarding has been applied to only a handful of top al Qaeda terrorists like 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheihk Mohammed, and has saved not only the Brooklyn Bridge, but many American lives. To compare it with genocide is childish and depraved — though no more depraved than fearing the moral judgments of the United Nations, whose fascistic Human Rights Council recently held a moment of silence for dead terrorists.

Power's qualifications as a presidential advisor include playing basketball with Tinseltown limousine Leninist George Clooney. She'll fit in well with a policy team that includes Merrill McPeak, who holds that the terrorists running Iran were actually our allies until George Bush hurt their feelings.

samantha_power.jpg
Moonbats like Samantha could soon be in power.

On a tip from Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 7, 2008 8:06 AM

Comments

If these moonbats want Guantanamo closed down then forced them all to house the terrorists and make them responsible for their actions.

SaMANtha also need to find a good bra or her boobs will be in the lap when she sits down.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 7, 2008 8:56 AM

I remind everyone that John McCain would also rather see Americans die than pour water up a terrorist's nose for thirty seconds.

Posted by: V the K at March 7, 2008 9:24 AM

Nah, if we shut down Club Gitmo, I say we put those assholes in General Population in Rikers Island. Fuckers will be dead in 24 hours.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at March 7, 2008 9:37 AM

Let get in there. They're finally spark a revolution and we can FINALLY hunt down libs and end their fifth column threat to America.

Posted by: Conan at March 7, 2008 10:24 AM

It now appears samantha has resigned for calling hillary a beast...

Posted by: ttevolla at March 7, 2008 10:40 AM

According to Fox News just now:

Obama Aide Resigns After Calling Clinton a ‘Monster’ in Interview With Scottish Paper

Bye bye, Sammy.

Posted by: rosie at March 7, 2008 10:40 AM

Considering that the UN seems to turn a blind eye to genocide, and that a good portion of the membership actually does torture people in their homeland, I don't see how whatever we do on Monday or Tuesday really affects Wednesday at all.

Posted by: jsingood at March 7, 2008 10:56 AM

I find Malcolm Nance's article on Waterboarding to be very informative and thought provoking. He is a true professional who speaks with some authority since during his training he had to submit to the waterboarding torture, his job is teaching US Military and Intelligence personnel torture techniques and he is considered an authority. Give it a read. Small Wars Journal has an excellent resource section, a magazine and a blog. It has fastenating info.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 7, 2008 1:45 PM

HoosierArmyMom,

I think you need to revise your comment, "...his job is teaching US Military and Intelligence personnel torture techniques and he is considered an authority."

I believe you meant to say that he trained people to survive in captivity if tortured, not to conduct torture. If I understood his commentary clearly, Nance doesn't advocate torture of any form, therefore it would make little sense for him to be training others in the practice, no?

Posted by: tfhr at March 7, 2008 6:11 PM

Samantha Power had been smeared from the beginning with false charges of antisemitism from day one, so it was only a matter of time before the bankers, corporatists, and the right-wing hate machine caught up with her for yet another targeted political assassination.

Posted by: hashfanatic at March 7, 2008 7:51 PM

HoosierArmyMom:
I think if they were practicing 'torture' in SERE they would be wiring soldiers testicles to car batteries, beating them with hoses, cutting and pulling out teeth/fingernails right? which are all actual torture techniques.
I find it ironic how someone could perform "torture" as their job description against United States servicemen in SERE school but be against doing the same technique to people engaged in terrorism against the United States.

Posted by: xantl at March 7, 2008 8:16 PM

Now that doesn't make much sense, does it? hashfanatic, are claiming that a Scottish newspaper that published her words has assassinated Power or are you saying Obama had to kill her off for what she said? Seems to me like its a case of temporary political suicide - accomplished by shooting her own mouth off.

Posted by: tfhr at March 7, 2008 8:26 PM

Hash, that makes even less sense than most of your posts, and that's saying something. No person "caught up with her;" what caught up with her was her own stupidity, and her own big mouth.

Right-wing hate machine? You must mumble that in your sleep. This is Obama v. Hillary Clinton, no bankers, "corporatists" (whatever those are), or "right-wingers" involved.

Here's the quote from The Scotsman:

"We f***** up in Ohio," she admitted. "In Ohio, they are obsessed and Hillary is going to town on it, because she knows Ohio's the only place they can win.

"She is a monster, too – that is off the record – she is stooping to anything," Ms Power said, hastily trying to withdraw her remark.

Ms Power said of the Clinton campaign: "Here, it looks like desperation. I hope it looks like desperation there, too.

"You just look at her and think, 'Ergh'. But if you are poor and she is telling you some story about how Obama is going to take your job away, maybe it will be more effective. The amount of deceit she has put forward is really unattractive."

For that comment Obama threw her under the bus. No one else is to blame for her contretemps but herself (unless, arguably, one wishes to include Obama for not supporting her).

But thanks for playing.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at March 7, 2008 8:54 PM

"right-wing hate machine"

Liberals are such nitwits.

They love making fools of themselves over and over and over and over and over again.

Which defines a lunatic...

Posted by: Jimbo at March 7, 2008 10:28 PM

Whether it's willful ignorance or flat-out deception, it's funny when you useful idiots reveal yourselves for what you are...

Posted by: hashfanatic at March 8, 2008 12:56 AM

Who are you, the friggin narrator? Stay on your meds.

Posted by: Corona at March 8, 2008 7:11 AM

Posted by: tfhr at March 7, 2008 6:11 PM

I stand corrected. It has been some time since I read his article, but I do know it made me question the effectness of most torture techniques and I really change my view. I think you can get more pertinent info via sleep deprivation, etc than by causing pain. Thank you for your correction.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 8, 2008 9:35 AM

"Does that even sound realistic, that this guy thinks its torture but he did it to soldiers in SERE?"

Posted by: xantl at March 7, 2008 8:16 PM

thfr corrected me on that, and he is right. Mr. Nance trained soldier on "getting through the process of being tortured" and studied the effectiveness of techniques by interviewing torture victims such as the man tortured by the Khimir Rouge. I know Mr. Nance's article forever changed the way I view torture as a means to get viable intel. It is not as effective as we might think and isn't worth sacrificing our values for in the end... JMHO.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 8, 2008 9:40 AM

HoosierArmyMom,
SERE does not have a course called "Torture resistance" the course is called 'interrogation resistance'.
Do you not find it odd that the only technique used on the military that is called 'torture' is one that has neither causes psychological, or physical harm? Why do Hippies line up on street corners to demonstrate water-boarding? Do they queue up to have fingernails ripped out? or having their genitals electrocuted? because everyone realizes they're not actually going to be harmed.

Also if it is not effective, why be trained to resist it? I do not see 'nipple twisters' or 'wedgies' resistance training?

Are you in favor of having our enemies transferred into Police custody, and issued a lawyer? Here is a similar list of techniques the left believe to be torture:
Stress stances.
Exposure to cold / heat.
Isolation.
prolonged exposure White noise / loud Music
Sleep depravation

Here is a video of what our current enemies do to captured U.S Troops if you can stomach it:
Hint: it isn't standing them against walls, or dripping water down their throats. sacrificing our values indeed.

Posted by: xantl at March 8, 2008 1:53 PM

Sleep deprivation is also oftentimes listed as torture, which is kind of odd. It does generally produce good results compared to waterboarding as I understand it. Sleep dep and drug regimen I thought were considered the best methods, since when you waterboard someone, you can get them to admit assassinating Abraham Lincoln if you want.

I will say that I too find it odd that Mr. Nance talks about waterboarding our own men, yet is squeamish about using it on captured enemies. At the same time, I'm not sure I want it considered SOP, else the Cops are gonna start using it.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at March 8, 2008 9:04 PM

Hey, I've got an idea...maybe Americans should stop the demonization of people who don't share their political views. Maybe if we took a little bit of time to stop all of this partisan bickering and name-calling, we could rationally dissect a problem like the torture of possible terror victims, which, like so many of society's big problems, has no easy right or wrong answer.

Seriously...liberals calling conservatives Nazis, conservatives calling liberals terrorists...it has to stop. We live in the greatest country in the world, and our downfall won't be at the hands of some shadowy terrorist threat - it'll be at the hands of a population who can't stop infighting long enough to realize how much damage we're doing to ourselves.

In the interest of the integrity of this country, I urge all of you, conservative or liberal, to pull your heads out of your asses and take a moment to reflect on what really matters in our day-to-day life. The waterboarding argument is yet another way we've found to distract ourselves from far more important questions.

Posted by: Logic at March 9, 2008 11:27 AM

xantl, it is not considered effective because "simulating the feeling of drowning" does not stress out the person being waterboard. Quite the contrary, once they go into the panic state, they tend to "tell you anything" to get you to stop, whether it's truthful or not. THAT is what I mean by ineffective. Don't get me wrong, if someone planning to kill innocents was in custody, you would probably have to pry my fingers from around "it's neck", but I don't consider what you mention torture. Maybe deprogramming techniques, maybe other things, but unless it involves pain and disfigurement, I don't see a problem.

Stress stances.
Exposure to cold / heat.
Isolation.
prolonged exposure White noise / loud Music
Sleep deprivation

But as to whether some scumbag will tell info of value, I'm not convinced. If anything, I fully admit, I'd like to think this country is above risking harm or death to others. Maybe that isn't possible, but I would like to think it. I think even denying someone protein to "zombiefy em" isn't unreasonable.

Logic, what you say would be wonderful if you didn't have so much negativity going on. Our "leftist trolls" have come on here wishing us all death, and there is even one who likes to ask me if my son serving in the military is dead yet. When you can figure out a way to make them agree to disagree and discuss issues without personal insults, please, let me know.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 9, 2008 1:03 PM

HoosierArmyMom:
Likewise, re: inflicting harm, or damage. In fact I don't believe the enhanced techniques should be used against any Soldier, or anyone covered by the Geneva Convention. Most of our enemies are considered unlawful combatants / belligerent are not soldiers, or abide by the laws of war. fair game if they have intelligence.
re: the other techniques I discussed, the "European Court of Human Rights" already struck them down in the 1978:
The five techniques were: wall-standing; hooding; subjection to noise; deprivation of sleep; deprivation of food and drink. In 1978, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) trial "Ireland v. the United Kingdom" ruled that the five techniques "did not occasion suffering of the particular intensity and cruelty implied by the word torture ... [but] amounted to a practice of inhuman and degrading treatment", in breach of the European Convention on Human Rights.
Which of course, meant they got banned for use in interrogation.
That is my point -- its a slippery slope in which the liberals will ensure interrogation becomes no more stressful than a Police arrest regardless of the situation.

Posted by: xantl at March 9, 2008 7:48 PM