« Green Light for Communist Brainwashing in California Schools | Main | Raping the 4-Year-Olds Americans Won't Rape »

March 5, 2008

Michelle Obama: America Is Rotten and Getting Worse

Michelle Obama recently felt proud of her country for the first time, but that doesn't mean she likes the place. The New Yorker reports on her standard stump speech:

Obama begins with a broad assessment of life in America in 2008, and life is not good: we're a divided country, we're a country that is "just downright mean," we are "guided by fear," we're a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. "We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day," she said, as heads bobbed in the pews. "Folks are just jammed up, and it's gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I'm young. Forty-four!"
From these bleak generalities, Obama moves into specific complaints. Used to be, she will say, that you could count on a decent education in the neighborhood. But now there are all these charter schools and magnet schools that you have to "finagle" to get into. (Obama herself attended a magnet school, but never mind.) Health care is out of reach ("Let me tell you, don't get sick in America"), pensions are disappearing, college is too expensive, and even if you can figure out a way to go to college you won't be able to recoup the cost of the degree in many of the professions for which you needed it in the first place. "You're looking at a young couple that's just a few years out of debt," Obama said. "See, because, we went to those good schools, and we didn't have trust funds. I'm still waiting for Barack's trust fund. Especially after I heard that Dick Cheney was s'posed to be a relative or something. Give us something here!"

America has been awfully good to the wealthy corporate lawyer and possible next First Lady Michelle Obama. But moonbats only believe in guilt, not gratitude. Besides, if voters can't be convinced that America is awful, how can you sell them totalitarian Change as an end in itself?

michelle_obama_screaming.jpg
America is "just downright mean."

Hat tip: JammieWearingFool, on a tip from Burning Hot.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 5, 2008 8:01 AM

Comments

The quoted speech ends with "Give us something here!" What a perfect mantra for the Dems. Well, of course, whatever they give one person, they have to take from another... namely, from someone who works.

Posted by: PabloD at March 5, 2008 8:34 AM

Man, she's scarier than her husband....and Barack is downright terrifying.

Posted by: Ed at March 5, 2008 12:07 PM

Gimme-crats is what I call them.

Posted by: ent at March 5, 2008 12:43 PM

What fantasy planet do these (alleged) human beings live on? Just March 5th, and I'm sick to death of the Obamanations already. Worst thing is, they have just begun their campaign to destroy America.

If the people of this country are stupid enough to put this worthless empty suit Surrendercrat in office, along with his shrill, anti-American wife, then they'll get exactly what they deserve. One problem is, I don't deserve it, and I won't stand for it; second problem is, who have I got to vote FOR now that the "mainstream" media have picked the Republican candidate (he sure as Hell ain't mine)?

Posted by: jc14 at March 5, 2008 1:10 PM

"Folks are just jammed up"
If THAT is the problem, America needs Exlax, NOT Obama. Man, she looks angry... I wonder why??? Could it be that she just HATES America???

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 5, 2008 1:16 PM

"just downright mean," we are "guided by fear,"

She should speak for herself - I love it here more every day.

Posted by: Bandit at March 5, 2008 2:23 PM

Doesn't she kind of remind you of Aunt Esther a little bit?

Posted by: Bandit at March 5, 2008 2:46 PM

They studied the lives of the radical communists of the sixties, and learned their lessons well.
They obviously took a close look at neo-radicalism of the ninties and the massive hate that sprang up after the 2000 election and planned for this moment. The time is right for radicalism, be prepared for the "world revolution".

Posted by: KHarn at March 5, 2008 2:49 PM

This bitch makes Hillery look like Miss Congeniality.
BarryO scares me. She terrifies me. She would make us long for the good old days when Hillery was the first lady.

Posted by: steven at March 5, 2008 5:24 PM

"She terrifies me."

GOOD! You should be.

Posted by: hashfanatic at March 5, 2008 6:03 PM

Damn hash you looked pissed in that picture.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at March 5, 2008 6:08 PM

Damn hash you looked pissed in that picture.

Looks like she's all jammed up.

Posted by: Eric at March 5, 2008 7:06 PM

"One problem is, I don't deserve it, and I won't stand for it; second problem is, who have I got to vote FOR now that the "mainstream" media have picked the Republican candidate (he sure as Hell ain't mine)?"

A big amen to that jc14!!! I think the one thing I am keeping in mind... it is becoming more important to vote for and support those in Congress that exercise good judgement. The President has to have them on his/her side in order to enact laws. Many a Congress has kept a President spinning his wheels. It's a government form of "damage control".

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 6, 2008 8:15 AM

HoosierArmyMom,
As I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen, we place too much emphasis on the Presidency. What has gotten lost is the fact that this November America is not only going to elect a new president, but also several governors, the entire House of Representatives and 1/3 of the Senate.
If we can get a solid conservative majority in Congress we can limit the damage that even a naive fool like BHusseinO or an evil witch like Hitlery can do.

Posted by: steven at March 6, 2008 10:16 AM

I am so glad I found this site. Finally, "voices" of reason. At least I'm not alone in thinking that we're screwed if Barry Hussein Obama and his wife get into office, or if Billary gets into office. But like the previous poster said, we've always got the other elections we can concentrate on. FIGHT THE MEDIA!!! THEY ARE NOT OUR VOICES!!!!!

Posted by: m0^aL!&a at March 6, 2008 11:42 AM

steven, the President is more of a figure head and policy pusher. The real power is in Congress, and I am most definately with you on that.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 6, 2008 4:16 PM

HoosierArmyMom,
People talk like we're electing a king instead of a president. The candidates keep saying what they'll do, as if the president has any legislative authority.
We keep hearing how Bush cut taxes, Hitlery and ObamaRama will raise taxes, on and on ad nauseum.
Well, no he didn't and no they won't. The president has no legal authority to do any of the things people keep attributing to him.
As the Constitution clearly states in Article I, Sections 1, 7 and 8, ALL legislative and taxing authority rests in the Congress.
The president can propose anything he wants but unless Congress actually does it, nothing will happen.
The President's authority is spelled out in Article II, Sections 1, 2 and 3. His authority is executive. The word legislative is conspicuous by its absence in Article II.

Posted by: steven at March 6, 2008 8:52 PM

"This bitch makes Hillery look like Miss Congeniality." Combined with the scary picture of Ms. Obama, this is the absolute funniest thing I have heard in the entire campaign.

Posted by: Peter Thorogood at March 7, 2008 11:04 PM

Steven's words - "This bitch makes Hillary look like Miss Congeniality" - have beem immortalized:

Posted by: Peter Thorogood at March 7, 2008 11:46 PM

Peter,
I hadn't seen that picture when I wrote that sentence. Thanks for the link.

Posted by: steven at March 9, 2008 11:44 AM

Hey, I try to keep up with my fellow wingbats, but it's hard and confusing at times.

Isn't what we've tried to do these last seven years:

o to create a "divided country"
o to be "just downright mean" to anyone who opposes us, by torture if necessary
o to promote a populace "guided by fear" of terrorists in every county, every airport, every phone converstaion
o to create a "nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day" by shippiing our jobs offshore, spending the Clinton surplus, and running up a huge debt that will take generations for our children to pay off?

And we criticize rap music, but applaud anyone who calls a woman from the opposition a "bitch"?

Shoot, I know we have the moral high ground and all, but these new nuanced positions of ours sure are COMPLICATED.

Iraq = 52nd State = Free Oil