« California Cracks Down on Homeschooling | Main | Shrillary Photoshoppers Strike Again »

March 7, 2008

Global Warming Hoax Has Been Good to Al Gore

Though Al Gore failed as a presidential candidate, he has succeeded wildly as a con man, milking millions of dollars out of the global warming hoax:

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore left the White House seven years ago with less than $2 million in assets, including a Virginia home and the family farm in Tennessee. Now he's making enough to put $35 million in hedge funds and other private partnerships.
Gore invested the money with Capricorn Investment Group LLC, a Palo Alto, California, firm that selects the private funds for clients and invests in makers of environmentally friendly products, according to a Feb. 1 securities filing. Capricorn was founded by billionaire Jeffrey Skoll, former president of EBay Inc. and an executive producer of Gore's Oscar-winning documentary film on global warming.

It looks like Gore stands to make $millions more — or even $billions, if the media can keep the hoax propped up long enough.

Thanks to global warming hysteria, the Goracle is able to charge a preposterously greedy $175,000 speaking fee. Already his net worth is well into nine figures. Not all of his riches come from the climate change hoax; he's made a mint from his involvement with left-leaning Google and Apple, which are no doubt grateful to him for inventing the Internet. But if Gore surpasses Warren Buffett at the top of the limousine liberal list, it will be through the clever strategy of using Capricorn to invest in products that his own overblown propaganda will inspire our increasingly authoritarian government to impose.

al_gore_thumbs_up.jpg
Thumbs up for history's most lucrative swindle.

On a tip from Byron.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 7, 2008 9:39 AM

Comments

P.T. Barnum was right. I mean, c'mon, how stupid do you have to be to believe it was really about "saving the planet?"

Posted by: V the K at March 7, 2008 10:30 AM

Didn't L. Ron Hubbard say that the easiest way to make money is to start your own religion? Can't say I necessarily blame Gore for taking the easy road to riches.

;)

Posted by: jsingood at March 7, 2008 10:51 AM

Let's not forget why he is being sued... he's been making money off the book but really raking it in selling "Carbon Credits" at big prices to companies around the globe!!! That Goracle, he's some guy!!!!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 7, 2008 11:31 AM

That sonofabitch ....
... and people are dying of hunger ...
All I can say is: There is a place in hell ...

Posted by: Dwaine at March 7, 2008 12:03 PM

"the Goracle is able to charge a preposterously greedy $175,000 speaking fee"

I figured the extra money was spent on the forklift he needed to reach the top of his vertically exaggerated graphs.

Now he's going to need mining equipment to get down to the 2007 temperature levels if he keeps using the same vertical exaggeration.

Posted by: forest at March 7, 2008 12:08 PM

Hey Al !!! Your thumb smells funny...

Thumb up his butt? Probably.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 7, 2008 12:37 PM

I still don't know how you can't see that climate change is upon us. I live in Tennessee where it hasn't snowed more than an inch in 6 years and now in March it has snowed about 5 inches, when just two days ago it was 73 degrees outside. Yep that seems normal.

And even if this climate change isn't actually a problem like you claim, we still only have 1 planet to live,so why not make the best place we possible can. Doesn't this just seem like common sense? Or do you want to live in a place where the sky is covered with smog. I sure as hell dont, but then again you guys will do anything as long as it doesn't negatively affect you personally.

You know I almost became a republican, but then I realized that they don't like it when you think for yourself, they just want you to let them do it for you. Guess that's why they are appealing to you guys.

I know this will do nothing to change your minds, but at least go home and do a little thinking of your own, I promise you will be surprised at what YOU think and believe.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 7, 2008 5:08 PM

Oh, and before you throw a temper tantrum about how the democratic rhetoric has caused me to somehow become delusional, I do not affliate myself with them. I think for myself and those opinions are mine alone. It's actually a pretty sweet gig, you should try it out.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 7, 2008 5:12 PM

Anonymous, take the time and initiative to search the facts on Global Warming. Read books on your own. You evidently know how to read, so do it. Yes, let's get ourselves off foreign oil, but not devastate the economies of the world in doing so. If you are brave enough to check out the facts, you will see how the Carbon Credits fiasco is simply a way for people like Al Gore to rake in money. Think a minute. Imagine someone telling you 20 years ago, that carbon, the basis of life, is a pollutant. You'd think the idiot was nuts. Now move forward.

As for your weather, if you read your facts, you will find Global Warming is a natural cycle. About a 500 - 1500 year cycle and is generated by the sun. Also, your study will show, the rise in CO2 is a byproduct of Global Warming. It follows about 300-500 years after, not precedes it. Studying will also point out, the warming cycle is a period of growth and production. i.e. It is a good thing.

Take the time to find the truth for a change. Don't listen to those who are in a position to make money on this. Simply common sense.

Posted by: Dwaine at March 8, 2008 1:47 AM

Very nicely stated Dwaine, and respectfully too.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 8, 2008 11:39 AM

I agree too, HoosierArmyMom. Also, your post at March 7, 2008 11:31 AM was spot on!

Posted by: KHarn at March 8, 2008 3:49 PM

ZOMG!!1!! IT SNOWED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 YEARS!!1!! THE APOCOLYPSE IS NIGH!!11!!

Get a feckin' grip. Give me your ZIP code so I can do the 2 minutes of research to see how often it has snowed where you live in recorded modern history. Histrionics and juvenile ad hominem aspersions aside, you are the one who seems to be parroting instructions from the Dark Lords of the Leftoids. Are you 15-years old?

Posted by: skh.pcola at March 8, 2008 4:36 PM

Your smug, condescending bullshit is ripe with the over-preening, over-eager hallmarks of a dumbass leftard who couldn't formulate a cogent, original idea if opportunity knocked you upside your empty noggin'. Please. If you actually "think for [yourself] and those opinions are [yours] alone," then why do you sound like every other retarded environmentalist who doesn't have a clue about glowball worming, pollution, GM crops, or any of the other myriad pet issues that you jagoffs push like nuevo-gospel? Nothing that you posted is original in any sense. Idiot.

Posted by: skh.pcola at March 8, 2008 4:42 PM

The global warming advocates' models said it would get warmer this past year. It actually got much colder. Yet they still insist that hard science independent thought is on their side.

It's just hogwash - at true 2+2=5 Ministry of Truth moment.

Posted by: forest at March 9, 2008 9:11 AM

I love it! Check this out:

The Gore is in bed with VC's to invest money in "green" startups. I guess we all know why he is pushing the global warming hoax so hard...

Posted by: BlueScreen at March 10, 2008 7:28 PM