« Moonbats Go After McCain's Teeth, Smashed by Communist Torturers | Main | Japanese Moonbats: Baseball Causes Global Warming »

March 26, 2008

Charlie Crist Open to Paying People for Being Black

Possibly the most preposterous notion to come from the radical Left is that blacks should be given free money expropriated by force from everyone else as a reward for having ancestors who were given a hard time — just like the ancestors of every human being on the planet. I won't insult the reader's intelligence by explaining the absurdity of thinking this unjust and profoundly moronic concept would improve race relations. But someone needs to explain it to Florida's Governor:

The resolution stops short of calling for reparations for descendants of slaves, though Republican Gov. Charlie Crist said after the vote that he was open to the idea "if we can determine descendancy, certainly."

The resolution in question consisted of idiots like Crist wallowing in the neurotic white guilt that is creating monsters like Barack Obama and his circle of America-hating, racist kooks.

Horrifyingly, Crist appears to be under consideration for McCain's VP. There are limits to what conservatives can forgive.

charlie_crist.jpg
Give out your money, Crist. Not ours.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 26, 2008 11:31 AM

Comments

I thought we paid reparations in the guise of a Civil War from 1861-1865, with the loss of nearly 700,000 (2% of the population of the time) lives.

My ancestors on my mother's side were northern abolitionists and my father's weren't even in the country until after the Civil War. If I can "determine descendancy," do I get a "get out of paying free" card?

Posted by: Pam at March 26, 2008 12:22 PM

No doubt they would "determine descendancy" in the same way that they "determined residency" in New Orleans after the hurricane, which apparently amounted to taking the word of any con artist who walked in the door and handing them the cash card.

Somebody remind me, how many billions of dollars from the Katrina disaster funds were estimated to have gone to fraudsters? I shudder to think of the amount of fraud that would occur with this proposed gravy train.

Posted by: ent at March 26, 2008 12:36 PM

Will the descendants of Africans who sold their own people into slavery be required to pay for this too?

Posted by: Kristy at March 26, 2008 12:37 PM

What a shame. As a Floridian, I've been happy with Crist. I guess the infectious disease known as "white guilt" can assail anyone.

These include affirmative action, generous welfare payments, free housing, the default moral high ground on all matters "racial", and the ability to change what what people are allowed to call them whenever it strikes their fancy to do so.

Posted by: Tom at March 26, 2008 12:51 PM

It looks to me like he's left himself an out. He qualifies the statement with "if we can determine descendancy". Since the chances of determining descendancy with any degree of confidence are somewhere between slim and none, his statement amounts to a declaration that he'll support it the day hell freezes over...

Posted by: Rob Banks at March 26, 2008 1:02 PM

By all means let's do a full accounting. As Kristy points out, descendants of the Africans who sold them into slavery will have to disgorge their lucre. Then before disbursing any funds, we need to debit the recipients for the additional costs we incurred in the criminal justice and penal systems, as those arising from welfare, illegitimacy, drug use, gang warfare, and inner city decay, and of course to credit them with Olympic medals and such, and to credit us with improved life span over staying in Africa.

After doing all that, I expect that it'll come out to be roughly a wash.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at March 26, 2008 1:50 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again. We are paying "reprations" It's called WELFARE!

Posted by: Bryherb at March 26, 2008 1:59 PM

I have a win-win soliution for everyone.

Pay the reparations, but inform the blacks that that's the last dollar they'll ever receive from the US government.

As the pastor in Blazing Saddles told the black sheriff - "Son, your on your own!"

Posted by: pocomoco at March 26, 2008 2:31 PM

"In the event more of our "leaders" succumb to this disease and push through something as absurd as coerced reparations, I hope they have the good sense to abolish the numerous existing forms of reparations already enjoyed by the perpetually aggrieved descendants of slaves."

I'd get behind those conditions, Tom.

Posted by: KHarn at March 26, 2008 2:32 PM

(sorry for the typo - re-do)

I have a win-win solution for everyone.

As the pastor in Blazing Saddles told the black sheriff - " Son, your on your own!"

Posted by: pocomoco at March 26, 2008 2:35 PM

don't they already crowd welfare programs?

everybody wants a handout...

well, except for those of u.s. who are doing the handing out!

Posted by: nanc at March 26, 2008 4:33 PM

Reparations???? Oh no, uh uh
No more victim taxes. They had better bring a gun when they try to get that money out of me.

Posted by: Texan at March 26, 2008 5:40 PM

typical racist crap, cause it is reported screwed up, you respond screwed up. two lefts dont make a right, lol.

Posted by: Mr. Parker at March 27, 2008 12:09 AM

"monsters like Barack Obama and his circle of America-hating, racist kooks."

...unbelievable.

Posted by: Zulu at March 27, 2008 4:47 AM

My governor said that? I'm so disappointed.

Posted by: Adam at March 27, 2008 4:51 AM

My grandparents all immigrated (legally) from Germany in the early 30's, received no welfare, no help, had to learn English, became productive citizens, fiercely patriotic Americans, staunch Republicans, never owned a slave, had nothing to do with slavery, worked hard every day of their youth and adult life for every penny earned. They passed their work ethic on to their children, who passed that on to myself and my siblings. Why in the hell should I pay one more penny than I already do to people who are so far removed from "slaves" that they don't even know who their descendants are or where they're from, other than to say "I'm black so I must be a slave descendant"?! Get off your lazy ass and get to work!!

Posted by: JJ at March 27, 2008 6:07 AM

Two of my relatives were killed during the Wilderness Campaing fighting to free the slaves. Will I be compensated for their deaths?

Posted by: Bill at March 27, 2008 7:17 AM

I'm with Rob Banks.

Sounds like the gov has no intention of supporting such lunicy.

I don't hear Polish Jews belly aching over all the crap that was taken from them. And they are still alive!

If you don't or haven't contributed to welfare, you shouldn't collect.

Posted by: UCA at March 27, 2008 7:33 AM

Haven't people like Michelle Obama with a $400K/yr no-show job already received reparations?

Posted by: Fiberal at March 27, 2008 10:09 AM

It was announced today that Crist APPOLIGISED for "Florida's part in slavery".
WHO THE H**L GAVE HIM PERMISSION TO DO THAT? NO ONE has the authority to appoligise for anyone else, they can only appoligise for THEIR OWN misdeeds and since Chuck(lehead) Crist's grandfather wasn't even born durring the slave era, he is NOT GUILTY of slavery!

I'm not either, so shut up.

PS: As part of the "reperation deal" (You know it's comming) I demand that they:
1} Can make no further demands.
2} Can no longer call themselves "oppressed".
3} Are no longer eligable for special benefits or treatment.
4} Must identify their heritage by TRIBE or REGION, rather than the generic "Africa".
5} Can not claim that "whitey is keeping (them) down".
6} They must admit that they are not being treated any diffrent as a group from other ethnic groups (Unless they can PROVE that they are as INDIVIDUALS).
7} Violent or "non-violent" acts used to sway public oppinion, or influence government decisions, will be delt with as if they were "white people".
8} Having dark skin will not be an excuse for violating the law.
And finally, the icing on the cake:
9} Everybody else gets to call them NIGGERS, but they can't.

Posted by: KHarn at March 27, 2008 4:12 PM

"NO ONE has the authority to appoligise for anyone else, they can only appoligise for THEIR OWN misdeeds..."

Yeah. How dare Konrad Adenauer apologise for Germany's treatment of its Jews! And compensating the state of Israel - that's beyond the pale! After all, he wasn't even a menber of the SS! Er...

I think your argument needs a LOT more work.

Posted by: Down and Out of Saigon at March 27, 2008 4:49 PM

Call AND email the Governor, like I did and tell him what a lunatic idea this is and that we won't stand for stupid remarks like this from a guy who works for US!!!!!

Posted by: joe hump at March 27, 2008 5:25 PM

Okay, who are you and what have you done with the Charlie Crist I voted for?!?

Posted by: Carl at March 27, 2008 7:03 PM

KHarn,

I once loved you as the embodiment of the TRUE CONSERVATIVE spirit.

I once would defend your vicious opinions to the death so they could be more widely heard.

I once would rub my face in your excrement to get a taste of your wingbat knowledge.

But no longer.

You are a racist. A racist bastard. And racist bastards don't belong among TRUE CONSERVATIVES.

Goodbye. You are banned from this site.

WRITE IN QUAYLE '08 -- DECENT ENOUGH TO KNOW HATE SPEECH

Posted by: Dan Quayle at March 27, 2008 8:34 PM

"I think your argument needs a LOT more work."

OK Down and Out of Saigon, let's hear you appoligise for slavery RIGHT HERE.
Go on, say how sorry you are for buying and selling humans. Tell us how awful it is to own slaves. Tell us how terrible a person you are for owning and operating a slave ship.
What was that? YOU didn't do ANY of this? Then you don't have to feel guilty about slavery.

"Dan Quayle at March 27, 2008 8:34 PM"

Why do you insist on writing stupid posts? That's not a retort, I really want to know.

Posted by: KHarn at March 28, 2008 2:12 PM