« Academic Norman Finkelstein Expresses Solidarity with Hezbollah Terrorists | Main | Arabs Push for Valentines Day Ban »

February 11, 2008

Obama Campaign Workers Display Che Guevara Flag

To get an idea of what this country may soon be in for, look what's hanging on the wall of the Obama campaign workers in this video. It's the flag of the miserable communist dictatorship Cuba, embellished with the face of Che Guevara.

As Fidel Castro's personal executioner, Guevara established himself as one of the most profoundly evil characters in modern history. The flag displayed by Obama's flunkies is no less sinister than a Nazi flag featuring Heinrich Himmler.

Cuban expat Humberto Fontova has background on Che you won't get from your left-leaning history prof. Illustrating just what it takes to get your face on the wall of Obama supporters, here again are some famous Che quotations:

Dismissing the objections of a colleague who understood the importance of trials and proof:

Go ahead and try them tomorrow morning — but execute them NOW!

From his Motorcycle Diaries, which acolyte Robert Redford managed to edit into a cinematic hagiography:

Crazy with fury I will stain my rifle red while slaughtering any enemy that falls in my hands! My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood. With the deaths of my enemies I prepare my being for the sacred fight and join the triumphant proletariat with a bestial howl!

Instructing his Revolutionary Tribunals:

We don't need proof to execute a man. We only need proof that it's necessary to execute him. A revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate.

From a letter to his father:

I'd like to confess, papa, at that moment I discovered that I really like killing.

Summing up socialism, after describing how he shot some poor helpless guy in the head at point-blank range:

He went into convulsions for a while and was finally still. Now his belongings were mine.

To a 14-year-old boy, just before he personally blew the kid's brains out for trying to defend his father, who was also executed:

I said: KNEEL DOWN!

(The kid wouldn't kneel and had to be murdered standing up.)

If the depraved moonbats who admire this fiend get into the White House, they will inflict on America a decline that may not be reversible.

che_guevara_dead.jpg
Che is dead. But evil lives.

On a tip from Byron.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 11, 2008 2:09 PM

certkiller - http://www.certkiller.com/answers/ccna-certification.htm; testking - http://www.testking.com/techking/infographics/a-comprehensive-history-of-computers-infographic/; passguide - http://www.passguide.com/practice/itil-v3-foundation.html; realtests - http://www.realtests.com/admission/sat-practice.htm; test inside - testinside VCP5-DCV

Comments

Can you imagine the uproar if a Republican has put up a Rebel flag in their campaign office?

Posted by: Jim Bowie at The Alamo at February 11, 2008 2:31 PM

Not an American flag, not a Texas flag, but a Cuban flag!

Posted by: Sam Houston at February 11, 2008 2:33 PM

They are taking over from within. Can anyone explain why the people who most benefit from capitalism(movie stars) are the ones most intent on bringing it down? Is it their abject stupidity or do they understand exactly what they are doing?

Posted by: mandy at February 11, 2008 2:49 PM

That's pretty bad. I understand the office manager may be Cuban, but this isn't Cuba and she's campaigning for someone to be a U.S. president. Pretty unbelievable. Any objection to having a U.S. flag? Considering Obama objected to wearing one...

I did a google search and news search, so far no one's talking about it, just a few comments to other posts mention it. I sent the info to Drudge, but they may not think it's that important. Of course MSM will ignore it.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at February 11, 2008 2:54 PM

The true allegiances of those who superficially call themselves “American” is astounding.

And quite sickening.

Anyone wonder why I think liberalism is synonymous with dipshit-ism?

Posted by: Jimbo at February 11, 2008 3:16 PM

Story picking up steam...

Posted by: Davy Crockett at February 11, 2008 3:45 PM

Che Guevara is true hero against American Imerialism! His legacy has been distorted by the vast Right Wing Conspiricy!

JK, I hope he rots in the hot box.

Posted by: conservativeteen at February 11, 2008 3:57 PM

Hahahaha, like this is supposed to hurt Obama???

I'm in the South (in a supposedly conservative area no less), but I see a lot more Che pictures than Confederate flags.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 11, 2008 5:38 PM

Where's an idiot like Hash now? They just can't face conservatives over this issue, even though they continue to idolize murderers like Che amongst themselves.

Posted by: Doug at February 11, 2008 5:39 PM

One can only imagine what the Feminists are hanging on the walls throughout the Clinton campaign offices.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 11, 2008 7:46 PM

When they say "vote for Che-nge!" they really mean it.

Posted by: El Presidente at February 11, 2008 8:11 PM

I`m so sick of stupid, idiot Dems doing this kind of moronic mistake. Captain is a foot soldier of unbridled allegiance to rascism, sexism and fascism, but he has a point that this is not a good sign for a presidendtial candidate. It shows someone who is not prepared, serious, or involved enough to manage an air-tight campaign. America is a fudged-up place, even among Dems.

Posted by: Jymn at February 11, 2008 9:24 PM

Maybe Republicans should start using "Che" tactics on Democrats. Give them a taste of good old socialism in it's purest form. Round 'em up, jail 'em and let 'em rot.
Personally, I want Obama's wealth redistibuted to me. After all, I didn't have any crooked friends to help me buy my house and I deserve a McMansion of my own.

Posted by: retire05 at February 11, 2008 9:39 PM

My son is starting college next year and I explained to him that wearing/using CHE image indicates stupid. He said, "yes, I've noticed that."

Posted by: TomH at February 11, 2008 9:53 PM

I suspect that many young people use the Che image as a symbol of revolution rather than an homage to the man himself. Much like our Republican youth use Ronald Reagan as a symbol of conservatism, even though he raised taxes, killed thousands by refusing to act to contain the AIDS epidemic, and dealt weapons to Saddam Hussein and Iran.

They're symbols, dammit.

Posted by: Mel Gibson at February 11, 2008 10:47 PM

Well I'd say we've heard the last of this, unfortunately. It never appeared on any MSM newsite I've seen. Drudge wouldn't even run the story, I have a feeling they might want Obama to beat out Hillary so they avoid things like this.

Funnily enough, democratic underground is yakking up the story. There seems to be some common sense amongst the rabble, admitting they don't want to be associated with Che, that's too progressive, etc. And some blame Fox, of course, while others try to deny it. Others simply say "oops", and halfway admit "yeah, we're commies but the mask isn't supposed to slip"...

If Obama's smart he won't even acknowledge this, and the MSM will enable him to make it so it never happened by ignoring it completely. If he's moral he'll step up to the plate, but he won't. He's Obama, he'll secretly chastise them for outwardly supporting what he inwardly believes in.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at February 11, 2008 10:51 PM

Van scooped HotAir by hours. Way to go VAN!!!

NGWFJ - How can Braaaaaaack (excuse me) not acknowledge it? This is already out before millions of people - and it's busting at the seams. Braaaack (excuse me) is going to have to denounce and disclaim and apologize for a member of his "base".

But then - you could be right - his "base" isn't smart enough to care or know any difference. And I never heard Hillary apologizing for the horseshit on her base-supported websites.

Never mind.

Posted by: Jimbo at February 11, 2008 11:04 PM

Mel,

You made one huge error in your 'points' above.

Ronald Regan did not "fail to act" to contain the Homo Aids problem, he 'chose' to let it run its course since it was, and mostly remains in the core community of homosexuals in the US culture.

The one exception is where it got out of its bubble is inner city 'who's your baby's daddys' and crack whores. Well, same argument.....

You want to act that way, youse pays the price.

Posted by: Oiao at February 12, 2008 12:26 AM

Let's not forget Che as a Time magazine "Hero":

Posted by: Anonymous at February 12, 2008 5:46 AM

The stupidity of liberals never fails to amaze me. Mel included.

Posted by: Titan Mk6B at February 12, 2008 6:44 AM

Oh please...another "gay" fallacy (pun intended) about Reagan. His administration recommended closing the bath houses in SF, but the gay lobby went ballistic saying that gays would face further prejudice. It was the vocal gays, not Reagan, that allowed the disease to run rampant in the 80's

Posted by: JamesB at February 12, 2008 6:44 AM

Does anyone know how to get this on youtube? If you go to youtube it is full of videos showing Obama in a good light. This need to get out to the general public.

Posted by: shunha7878 at February 12, 2008 7:08 AM

Mel,

It's the incredibly dangerous sex habits of gay men that spread the AIDS virus you fool. Screwing a 100+ men a year where the sun don't shine will tend to increase your chances of spreading a disease like yourself. Reagan couldn't stop that, only homosexuals taking responsiblitity for their lifestyle choices could slow the spread and they weren't willing to do it.

Posted by: Ken at February 12, 2008 7:27 AM

I really hate how popular Che is among ultra- libs who are too stupid and ignorant to know what the bloodthirsty lunatic actually did. I tried explaining this once to my liberal brother, but he said those accusations against Che were lies, using some B.S. excuse that because Che studied as a doctor, he would be conditioned to not seek to bring pain on people. What a crock. I guess my brother forgot that when that failed terrorist car- bombing in England occurred last summer, the terrorist cell's ringleaders were all doctors.

Posted by: Adam at February 12, 2008 7:50 AM

Story still picking up steam...

Posted by: Davy at February 12, 2008 7:56 AM

Now at LGF and Free Republic...

Posted by: Davy Crockett at February 12, 2008 8:26 AM

We should all be happy. This is just the first indication of how politically naive Obama's campaign is. He will surely fall on the sword of something this stupid, not now mind you, but during the presidential campaign. And when their savior falls hard, moonbats will RAGE on a scale not seen since the Civil War, I guarantee it.

So get ready for a McCain/Lieberman ticket.

Their slogan?

"NO illegal immigrant or new tax left behind."

Posted by: Doug at February 12, 2008 8:34 AM

Just to prove that it's not a fluke, here's ANOTHER clip featuring Che and the Cuban flag in an Obama Houston office;

Politics/Detail?contentId=5668120&version=1&locale=
EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.14.1

Posted by: Davy Crockett at February 12, 2008 8:42 AM

Geez... What's up with you guys lately? I've been following Moonbattery for about two years now, and I've never seen so many comments on so many different subjects.

As for Che, have you ever noticed how all of the Left's heroes are dead? Think about it: JFK, RFK, Malcom X, Che,....And they all died violently. Why do you think that is? Just askin.'

Posted by: phil at February 12, 2008 9:05 AM

Che/Obama/Cuba discussed on Laura Ingraham show today...

Posted by: Davy Crockett at February 12, 2008 10:35 AM

BO attempts spin control:

Posted by: Sam Houston at February 12, 2008 12:10 PM

Adam, lets not forget Josef Mengele, who was also a Doctor.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at February 12, 2008 12:45 PM

Let's see if I can get this posted without being banned or blocked. [Most wingnut blogs don;t let dissenters post, so I'm hoping you're different].

Let's see. A bunch of rightwing nutbars see a Cuban flag with Che Guevara's iconic mug n it in a Obama volunteer office in Houston, and automatically assume that the 9 million people who have voted for Obama are all a bunch of unreconstructed Marxists, and that Obama himself is secretly planning la revolucion!

Biy...your wingnuts take the cake.

It could very well be that the flag was up because they think it LOOKS cool. They may ot even have any knowledge about Che or the political significance of his image.

Or, it could be an ironic joke about how Obama is an "insurgent" or a "revolutionary" fighting against the Clinton machine. A joke that was, apparently, lost on your humorless sots.

Or, it may even be that someone in the office likes Che Guevara. As if that mattered a single iota! Who cares if they do?

There are, undoubtedly, neo nazis that support John McCain. I'm sure a few of them even have swastikas and Hitler flags up.

Dopes that mean McCain and the entire GOP are a bunch of neo nazis? Of course not.

Obama's said the flag was inappropriate. That means he disapproves of it. End of story.

I recognize that wingnuts will perpetuate this nonsense because you can't win an election on the merits. But, hey, this is going to fail. This is why you are losing elections lately. You are a bunch of patehtic losers.

Posted by: Hesiod at February 12, 2008 3:38 PM

All the right's heroes are dead too. Reagan. Goldwater. McCarthy. Musslini.

Posted by: Hesiod at February 12, 2008 3:39 PM

"They're symbols, dammit."

Really, Mel? Then I guess you have no objection to the KKK marching under Nazi flags. (They "came out" in the ninties)

Posted by: KHarn at February 12, 2008 3:44 PM

Glenn Beck broadcast the whole Return Of The Red Beret debacle just this morning.

I'm one irritated Houstonian. I don't ever, ever, ever blog about serious political issues. Today, I made an exception.

Posted by: elasticwaistbandlady at February 12, 2008 7:57 PM

Hey Hesiod, learn to spell. I'm getting really sick of far- left wingnuts branding everyone who disagrees with them as fascists. You can't make good points, so you falsely claim we admire Mussolini. Typical liberal bigotry.

Posted by: Adam at February 13, 2008 9:21 AM

I'm getting really sick of far-left wingnuts branding everyone who disagrees with them as fascists. You can't make good points, so you falsely claim we admire Mussolini.

Amen.

Posted by: Pauli at February 13, 2008 10:01 AM

This is an outrage. Che Guevarra is Hitler to the Cuban people. If Obama is in favor of his ideology, our country is in trouble. We need to vote for McCain.

Posted by: SCM at February 13, 2008 10:26 AM

There is nothing funny about putting the picture of Che on the Cuban flag. It is offensive. It is more than offensive. It has made me sick in the stomach to think of all the pain that man has caused for the Cuban people. For someone to put that up in the campaign office of a future president only tells me that they want a revolution. It is a clear sign for those who are educated and understand Che Guevarra. If you don't know what Che Guevarra has done....educate yourself on it please. I pray to God that Obama has no link to the demonstration of the Cuban flag and Che's picture on it. If he does, Lord help us all.

Posted by: SCM at February 13, 2008 10:31 AM

So you're saying that liberals are stupid? Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: Crush Liberalism at February 14, 2008 5:47 AM

Most people who wear Che clothing are dumb, simple as that. However despite his many flaws, and I mean many, the man was originally something great.

He came from wealth, gave it up, and decided that the world didn't have to be unequal. When the time came, he fought alongside the Cuban peasants to overthrow the U.S. backed regime that had been exploiting and torturing them. That is why the revolution succeeded, because the peasants backed the guerrillas.

Of course, once they were in charge it was a series of failures and heinous acts. Originally, a skilled and noble solider and revolutionist. Eventually, piece of shit leader and person once another leader realized that communism doesn't work with human nature.

As for all this crap about Obama being a Marxist supported by Pinkies, grow up. You've suffered through 8 years of having your rights taken away by a fascist crew of neo-nazis while they poison the land, steal the money, destroy the countries global reputation and run it like a bunch of alchy's who broke into a liquor store.

Now you're complaining about the fact that some of Obama's supporters are stupid? You need a democrat to show the world you're serious about being a real country again. Or at least get a conservative party that isn't a corrupt piece of trash 'cause yours is broken.

By the way, what the hell does moonbat mean and where did some a stupid combination of words come from?

Posted by: Smith at February 14, 2008 10:31 PM

The actual chances that Senator Obama had anything personally at all to do with said flag hanging in that Houston Office are nonexistent. Come on people.

Posted by: The Weesel at February 16, 2008 9:45 PM

My sister is a precinct captain in Houston and she reports that the flag was taken down weeks ago and it wasn't an official Obama office, just a group of volunteers. Senator Obama called it "inappopriate" probably because inflaming the issue by dramatically denouncing it to make conservatives happy would have just given it more importance than it deserves. There are more important things to worry about than whether or not there WAS a Che flag in a non-sanctioned, volunteer office.

I'd also like to make some points, since I have this nice little box to write in:

1. "Ultralibs" do not worship Che. What kind of idiocy is that? I amd the first person to place my hand on my heart when saying the pledge or singing the national anthem and I would be easily considered an "ultralib". It's so laughable to read that but it also frightens me that Americans can be so provincial and lack such a sense of proportion or reason.

2. As a true liberal, I believe that the government should stay out of my personal life and that of my fellow citizens(yes, that includes our right to choose, Libertarians) but many conservatives believe it's ok for the government to dictate what happens in our homes. How is that NOT Communism??? How are cameras in public places and reduced civil liberties NOT communism? You can thank President Bush and his cronies for pushing that on us.

3. As a liberal, I do believe we need the government for various reasons. During the civil rights era, it was the federal government that forced the states to stop treating blacks like subhumans. It wouldn't have happened otherwise. I don't trust "the market" to take care of health care. Has private insurance done a good job so far? No. EDs are shutting down and insurance premiums are sky-high. Will "market forces" take care of building roads and paying firefighers or Border Agents?? No. That is why we have taxes and a government. Go to any country with higher taxes and you will find a healthier, far better educated society, while we sit on our fat, entitled asses in our McMansions and SUVs, screaming "God Bless America! Damn right, I hate taxes!" You can't have it both ways.

3. Socialism is alive and well in America, whether you want to believe it or not. In fact, please go tell my father-in-law, who was an Air Force Colonel, and my BIL, an Air Force Lt Col., that their pension and free health care for the rest of their lives is Socialist. YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT WITH YOUR TAXES!!! How dare they mooch of our system!!??? Didn't they draw a salary while serving? They should have saved like the rest of the country, gol' durn it! Now we have to subsidize them for years and potentially decades to come! Plus, my nephew wants to attend the Air Force Academy-what?! a free education?! My best friend from high school went to West Point, got a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford and a PhD from MIT-on the Army's dime. Who is paying for it? WE ARE-VIA TAXES. Of course the conservatives reading this would think taxes are ok in these circumstances.

Thank you very much for letting me vent.

Kim from Texas
ps Under Clinton, the federal government shrank, under Bush, it has grown to it's largest size ever.

Posted by: kim at February 20, 2008 8:01 AM