« Obama's Communist Mentor | Main | Bureauweenies Go After Energy Drinks »

February 20, 2008

Brainwashed Kids Impose Enviromoonbattery on Their Parents

One of scariest aspects of George Orwell's 1984 is the way brainwashed children impose political orthodoxy on their parents. Likewise, kids indoctrinated by the cult of environmental extremism insist that Mom and Dad toe the line. The Olympian is delighted:

Marika Martin is a vegetarian. So is her husband, Charles Gonzalez, who rides his bicycle to work every day in New York City traffic, rain or shine.
The couple cares deeply about the environment, but if you ask their kids, 12-year-old Sinika and 8-year-old Soren, it's sometimes not deeply enough.
"My hopeless mother is obsessed with plastic bags," said Soren, a third-grader and huge fan of Al Gore's global warming documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."
"A lot of plastic can't be recycled," chimed in his sister, who's in the seventh grade. "The turtles can get suffocated and it can go into the water. My dad gave her a cloth bag but she doesn't use it. Plastic drives me nuts!"
Say hello to Generation Green. They're young, well-researched and mad as heck — inspired by an outpouring of movies, TV shows, books, Web sites and "green classes" at school. They've been learning how to save the planet since toddlerhood, and they're taking on their parents to do more, do better.

In this queasy vignette, enviromoonbattery is combined with an attempt to normalize homosexual "parenthood":

Tiffany Bluemle in Burlington, Vt., knows exactly how she feels. She and her partner, Elizabeth Shayne, drive an environmentally friendly hybrid and live a generally green lifestyle. When their 8-year-old son, Will, wanted a "global warming" birthday party last year, they treated him to a cake decorated as Earth, a bike repair workshop for his guests and a piñata in the shape of a gas-guzzling Hummer that partygoers beat to the ground.
"He's adamant that I drive 55 but I'm naturally a speedster," Bluemle said. "We have a bumper sticker on the car saying '55 slows down global warming.' It's killing me."
Will has begged his parents to buy a new dishwasher to cut down on energy use. He imagines redesigning their house with solar and wind power. Earth, he said, "is a lot of animals' home. If a lot of animals become extinct it would be hard for us to live." Bluemle shares her young eco-warrior's passion but said she's careful not to over-promise while encouraging him to dream big.
"I want to make good on any pledges that I make," she said. "At this point, it's pretty doable, yet we don't use a renewable form of energy to power the house. Very frankly, we don't have the money."

But by all means vote for moonbat politicians who will impose unaffordable and inefficient "alternative energy" on the rest
of us.

Julie Ross, a NYC family therapist, offers tips on how to compromise with the outrageous envirowacko demands of your radicalized tykes. Here's a good one:

Some parents think composting toilets are way too big a hassle, but they're willing to share a flush.

Meanwhile, the ice sheets keep growing, regardless of whether sanctimonious moonbats flush their brimming toilets.

rising-above-global-warming.jpg
Antihuman ideology is instilled in the next generation.

On a tip from El Presidente.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 20, 2008 9:44 AM

Comments

The shrill, idiocy of modern environmentalism indoctrination that passes for learning in government schools may well be the downfall of that generation. Heaven help us!

Posted by: Ed at February 20, 2008 9:59 AM

New York and Vermont are not illustrative of America. My teens regard the eco-nazis as freaks, as do most of their friends.

It's unsurprising that little kids would buy into the indoctrination. *They* don't have to pay for anything, and have *no understanding* of economics.

If their parents weren't dingbats, they'd say, "OK, we're going to reduce our living standards to the necessary level to save the environment. No more toys or video games for either one of you. You get one meal a day and one change of clothes per week. Also, one of you has to die."

Posted by: V the K at February 20, 2008 10:12 AM

Poor Will. Somebody needs to do an intervention, get him a BB gun and dirt bike.

Posted by: Beef at February 20, 2008 10:14 AM

I want to stab these people repeatedly, until I'm tired and then pick up where I left off the day before.

in my hood we had a few SUVs vandalized in the name of ELF.

I caught one of these Environmentalists attempting to modify a neighbors truck. As a group of 5 we took great care modifying his face with Eco-friendly Eston bats made of recycled aluminum cans.

Posted by: furballz at February 20, 2008 10:42 AM

Reminds me of that scene in the 1984 version of Orwells 1984 where Winston Smith fixes a neighbors plumbing and the kid in something resembling a Hitler Youth uniform gives him the evil eye and says "Thought Criminal!!"

Posted by: Anonymous at February 20, 2008 11:57 AM

Most kids change their attitudes once they have to pay their own way

Posted by: JamesB at February 20, 2008 11:58 AM

Tell the spoiled little brat that washing dishes by hand is much more -eco-friendly than dishwashers & put him in charge of washing them.

Posted by: maxnnr at February 20, 2008 12:04 PM

I just had a discussion in my high school chemistry class about the recent ethanol craze. I was suprised that many of them were aware of the limitations of ethanol as a fuel and the resulting increase in the price of food. (Then I made them calculate the heats of combustion for ethanol and gasoline...he he.)You can't fool all of the kids...at least the ones most likely to vote.

Posted by: baldeagle390 at February 20, 2008 12:10 PM

Speaking of too much ice: Apparently polar bears are starving because there is too much ice to find food. Now what?

Posted by: baldeagle390 at February 20, 2008 12:17 PM

I read a book written by a guy who joined the Hitler Jugend when he was a boy. The grief he gave his parents sounds eerily like these kids. If you're interested, the title of the book is "A Child of Hitler".

Posted by: john at February 20, 2008 11:44 PM