« More Pro-Terrorist Fauxtography From Al Reuters | Main | Zionists Oppress With Giant Killer Bulldozer »

January 27, 2008

Janet Greene, the Anti-Baez

Contrary to popular belief, not all folk singers are moonbats like Pete Seeger and Joan Baez. Janet Greene was even billed as the Anti-Baez.

The countermoonbat songs she released during the 60s include the gem "Poor Left Winger." The lyrics tell the heartbreaking tale of a dupe sucked in by moonbattery:

I'm just a poor left-winger
Befuddled, bewildered, forlorn
Duped by a bearded singer
Peddling his Communist corn
In the Café Expresso
Sounds of guitars could be heard
Twanging a plaintive folk song
Spreading the Communist word
Hair hung around his shoulders
And sandals were on his feet
His shirttail was ragged and dirty
Making the picture complete
I followed him off to college
The man that I came to adore
Where student demonstrations
Blocked every classroom door
We led the march on the White House
And forced the cops to come in
We claimed each one was brutal
As we kicked him in the shin
It was all so intellectual
What glorious tales I was told
Of history's certain progress
Into the Communist fold
I fell for those empty falsehoods
But now I know full well
Those little words on the posters
Were all that he could spell
Those dialectic phrases
Made a marvelous spiel
But hidden behind that beard
Beat the heart of a frustrated heel
Now all my illusions are shattered
About the man I admired
I'm just a poor left-winger
Befuddled, bewildered and tired!

A 1966 review listed some of Janet's advantages over her hippie competition:

Janet has a number of unfair advantages. For one thing she looks like a girl. Not many female protest singers can say that. And that may be what they are really protesting against, deep down. Granted, there are plenty of male protest singers who look like girls, but they don't look as good as Janet Greene either. Also, Janet does things that most protest folk singers wouldn't dream of. Like taking a bath. And like wearing clean clothes and dressing neatly and being legally married and having legitimate children and loving her country. You know, corny things like that…

Unfortunately, her qualities were not much in demand during the flower child generation.

janet_greene.jpg
Janet Greene, the Anti-Baez (via Atomic Platters).

On a tip from Bryherb.

Update:

Matt Fitzgibbons offers more contemporary songs with an emphasis on inspirational countermoonbattery.

Posted by Van Helsing at January 27, 2008 2:36 PM

Comments

MP-3 of it here

Posted by: B....... at January 27, 2008 4:17 PM

Is she still around, and if so, could she be persuaded to come out of retirement?

Posted by: James F McEnanly at January 27, 2008 5:48 PM

I guess her career took a nosedive after that nasty little Kent State incident...

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 27, 2008 6:02 PM

Wrong agian, hash. She was still drawing crouds in the EIGHTIES:

PS: Those "protesters" at Kent State had been brought in from OUTSIDE the state of Ohio and had been RIOTING AND LOOTING the day before, which was why the National Guard was called in.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 27, 2008 6:18 PM

That accurately describes any pro-abortion, anti-war, pro-homosexuality, pro-terrorists, etc. Moonbat rally in the modern age.

Thanks for the art history lesson Helsing... Always good to know that the media is not fully conquered by Moonbats, and it never will be.

Posted by: BUUUUURRRRNING HOT at January 27, 2008 6:25 PM

"Those "protesters" at Kent State had been brought in from OUTSIDE the state of Ohio and had been RIOTING AND LOOTING the day before, which was why the National Guard was called in."

Who cares?

It makes you happy, to see Americans killed in cold blood?

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 27, 2008 6:26 PM

It makes you happy, to see Americans killed in cold blood?

There you go again being a dipshit.

You seem to have a corner on reading minds of conservatives and telling us "what we think".

Do you read everyone's mind, or just conservative minds?

Tell me what I'm thinking right now, dipshit.

Tell me what the radical muslim with a belt of C4 thinks of YOU right now, dipshit.

Posted by: Jimbo at January 27, 2008 6:36 PM

Jimbo,

Hashhead is a frustrated little commie who can't make it in a merit based society so he takes it out on those who are successful. Don't bother even responding to his little whiny blather.
Google his name "hashfanatic" and you'll find similar tripe that he's posted all over. A most pathetic little portion of a man is he.

Posted by: ken at January 27, 2008 6:46 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, ken. I'll try to take your advice - it is admittedly very good advice.

But it's so hard to ignore someone who is so fun to play with. :-) I mean - it's so much fun to coax a "I want to spit in your face" out of a liberal. :-) Then EVERYBODY sees their true demeanor. And when they begin showing their racism just at the mention of name like 'Michele Malkin' - I get such a good laugh. And it's all saved for posterity right here on the great WWW (invented by Algore).

But I'll work harder to be nice. :-(

Posted by: Jimbo at January 27, 2008 6:57 PM

Oh guys hey guys you know what guys hey guys guys

I've solved the riddle

Of how come hasfanatic, hashfanaticFAN, Mr.Parker and Anonymous always seem to appear and back each other up and sound like zombie clones

But Helsing never reveals proof that all of them are the same guy playing sock puppets

It is cos THEY ARE ACTUALLY VAN HELSING IN DISGUYZ!!

So he can make us all comment more at their dum liberalness and make more hits for Moonbattery when we check if they replied to our clevur comments all the time!!!

EXPOSE THE TROOF! IT'S A CONSPIRACY LOL!

Posted by: BUUUUURRRRNING HOT at January 27, 2008 7:03 PM

Okay - so it's Van.

It's still fun. :-) I've not laughed harder in my life as I have since Dipshit showed up. :-)

(And I still want to have that beer at LuLu's.)

Posted by: Jimbo at January 27, 2008 7:08 PM

LuLu's?

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 27, 2008 7:28 PM

BH - After further thought - actually, I don't think Dipshit can be Van. From my dealings here over the years, Van's too nice a guy to come up with something like "I want to spit in your face" even in parody.

Now, if he’d said “I want to punch your lights out” then at least we’d know we were dealing with a man – in which case I would more likely consider Van as the “culprit”.

In any case, LuLu's is where we're going to meet for a beer that Steve is gonna buy. :-) Does life get any better than that? :-)

Posted by: Jimbo at January 27, 2008 7:58 PM

Jimbo,

Going by IP address, hashfanatic, hashfanaticFAN and Mr. Parker really are three different moonbats. It's hard to tell them apart when they're all guzzling from the same pitcher of Kool-Aid.

Buuurrrning Hot,

Too bad I didn't think of it! But the real moonbats are much better than I am at making moonbats look ridiculous.

Posted by: Van Helsing at January 27, 2008 8:10 PM

There's always the IP-hider/faker programs...

Posted by: BUUUUURRRRNING HOT at January 27, 2008 8:59 PM

Well I will say I am not hashfantic.

I only like to pick on Jimbo cause he reminds me of Ed Anger. Even Burrrrrning Hot seems more rational and even tempered than Jimbo.

And in real life, I think most of us are a lot more alike than different. And if said this shit in real life I think ALL of us would be in jails or at least hospitals at best.

Posted by: Mr. Parker at January 27, 2008 10:17 PM

Wait! I want to go to Lulu's, too.

Posted by: Mockinbird at January 28, 2008 9:45 AM