« Socialized Medicine Suffers a Setback in Oregon | Main | Another Envirowacko Calls for Moving Humans Toward Extinction »

November 8, 2007

Jimmy Carter, Cat-Killer

It isn't just Jews Jimmy "the Dhimmi" Carter hates; he's got it in for cats too. But with felines, Carter takes a more direct approach than helping Hamas push them into the sea. Check out this lowlight from a letter he wrote to his own sister-in-law, Sybil Carter, dated 5/13/90:

Lamentably, I killed your cat while trying just to sting it. It was crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders & I fired from some distance with bird shot. It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly with a prayer & that I'll be glad to get you another of your choice.

Maybe he'll say a prayer for Israelis too when his terrorist compadres have killed the last one.

jimmy_carter_killed_cat_letter.jpg
You can't pick your relatives — unfortunately for Sybil Carter. Photo by Mat Honan.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 8, 2007 2:08 PM

Comments

Hi,

Glad you liked the post, and I don't mind you re-posting my image. But could you please give me the photo credit, as per the image licensing requirements?

Thanks!

Mat

Posted by: mat at November 8, 2007 2:25 PM

Let's see if I got this straight. It's 1990, and he's an ex-president. To solve the cat problem, he blows it away with a shotgun. And it's not even his cat!
He could have put up another feeder some distance away, the birds go to the catless feeder. Bird lovers have done that since bird feeders were invented. Birds themselves, have been outfoxing cats considerably longer.

Posted by: mockinbird at November 8, 2007 2:30 PM

Hey Mat, Did you get written permission from The Carter Center Library to post an image of Jimmy's letter?
I thought not.
i'll do the work for Moonbattery.com
So here it is for ya:
HEY EVERYONE, MAT TOOK THAT PIC OF JIMMY CARTER'S CAT KILLING LETTER AND IT'S FROM HIS WEBSITE. SO EVERYONE CLICK ON THE LINK AND GIVE MAT SOME HITS. THANKS.

Posted by: Bryherb at November 8, 2007 2:35 PM

*sigh*

1. The letter isn't from the Carter Center Library.
2. Yes, I did get *explicit* permission to take a photo of the letter from the (private) document collection's curator,
3. As it is now, this image (and thank you for not hotlinking it) violates the terms of my license (the very same creative commons license that's listed on this site, in fact).
4. I don't care about the link, doesn't matter, no big deal. But I would like the photo credit.

I'm trying to be cool about it. I could just have sent a takedown notice to the site's ISP. I own the copyright.

Thanks for your understanding. I'd appreciate the photo credit.

Posted by: Mat at November 8, 2007 2:53 PM

So in this instance, Cater's morality justifies using overwhelming force against a predator to protect the much smaller prey ?

There's an analogy in there somewhere.... what if the cat is the 200,000,000 arabs, Israel the bird feeder, the 4,000,000 Israelis are the birds with Carter being American arms... wait that isn't consistent with his legacy... he should have shot the birds and let the cat have the feeder.

Posted by: iopian at November 8, 2007 2:55 PM

Thanks for the change, I appreciate it.

Posted by: Mat at November 8, 2007 3:00 PM

Mat, thanks for the photo.

Posted by: Van Helsing at November 8, 2007 3:02 PM

Jimmy Schrute Carter

Posted by: Glen at November 8, 2007 3:05 PM

I'm so glad we can all be cool and happy about our photo credits now.

Posted by: Bryherb at November 8, 2007 3:44 PM

He intended to "sting" the cat with birdshot????

Birdshot is a shotgun shell designed to kill birds from a distance. What a moron!

Posted by: ent at November 8, 2007 4:57 PM

Shotgun diplomacy!

Posted by: CharlieDontSurf at November 8, 2007 5:38 PM

Maybe Carter thought it was another killer rabbit...

Posted by: Barry at November 8, 2007 7:00 PM

The first rule of firearms is: "Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to destroy".
The fact that Carter screwed this up too, doesn't surprise me!

Posted by: Proof at November 8, 2007 9:54 PM

Copyright laws sure are strange. It's almost as if Matthew owns the letter that Jimmuh Cahtuh wrote, instead of either Jimmuh or Auntie Sybil. I mean, I could undertsnad if it was a particularly good photograph, but it ain't. It's simply a quotidian, poorly lighted, nearly out-of-focus snap of the written ramblings of the biggest jackass who was ever president.

Mat, props to you, Bro. You own the biggest intertoobs meme in...days. Enjoy your three minutes of fame, Boy Wonder.

Posted by: skh.pcola at November 8, 2007 10:08 PM

Jimmy has got Dick Cheney beat, he actually KILLED his target. LOL!

Posted by: Anonymous at November 9, 2007 6:04 AM