« 7-Year-Old Suspended for Drawing Picture of Gun | Main | "Hypocrisy So Extreme It Warps Time and Space" »

October 21, 2007

Osama Obama Withstands the National Anthem

Barack Obama has moved beyond rejecting flag pins. Via Time, here he is enduring our National Anthem:

obama-national-anthem.jpg

Bill Richardson and even Shrillary have their hands over their hearts, as respect and the United States Code demand. But Osama Abominable doesn't go for that corny stuff.

Hat tip: NewsBusters, on a tip from Cheetah.

Posted by Van Helsing at October 21, 2007 11:02 AM

Comments

this is before the pledge, no one is even paying attention. Lets focus on the issues people.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 21, 2007 11:10 AM

As a non-American, he probably doesn't even know he's supposed to place his hand over his heart.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 21, 2007 11:55 AM

he's got both hands on his cock,does that mean screw america?

Posted by: billfry at October 21, 2007 12:27 PM

What a dickhead. This will play well in the Heartland.

Posted by: Conan at October 21, 2007 2:17 PM

I wouldn't trust Obama to feed my dog, much less run my country!!!

Posted by: the_right_reverend at October 21, 2007 2:25 PM

He has his hands over his crotch. He's obviously running something else up the flagpole!

Posted by: Proof at October 21, 2007 3:01 PM

What a magic negro he is.

Posted by: Corona at October 21, 2007 3:56 PM

Hillary doesn't deserve to have that beautiful flag behind her.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 21, 2007 5:40 PM

What better way to demonstrate his patriotism than by holding onto his nutsack during the National Anthem. He looks more like a patriotic package-handler.

Posted by: bustoff at October 21, 2007 6:40 PM

i hope he feels like a fart in a spacesuit every single time he makes a fool of himself this way.

what a pissant!

Posted by: nanc at October 21, 2007 7:32 PM

Don't question his patriotism!!! lol These Democraps are hilarious.

Posted by: skh.pcola at October 21, 2007 8:21 PM

Unbelievable!

Whats next, a flag burning?

Why doesnt he just admit that he hates patriotism? Oh I get it. Because he knows that he would never be elected president of our great country if he did.

Posted by: Freedom Now at October 22, 2007 12:35 AM

please let him run with billary as vice president, so we can have another republican win.

Posted by: furballz at October 22, 2007 8:29 AM

Is it in bad taste? Sure, considering he wants to be President. But let's be honest, that code isn't worth the paper it's printed on. There's a reason it's not enforced: to do so would be to violate the first amendment.

I'm not a fan of the code anyway, because it attempts to "force" people to "act patriotic," which is:

A) Impossible, and
B) better achieved through social stigma.

But hey, let's gum up the Constitution with asinine, self-negating cruft. Either or, same diff, no big whoop.

Posted by: Phoo Baar at October 22, 2007 3:19 PM

I understand what you are saying Phoo Baar, however the code is not enforced by any legal penalties (although there is an unenforceable section about the desecration of the U.S. flag). You basically want the same thing that we already have… enforcement by social stigma. That is exactly the state that it is in today (However, there obviously isnt much a stigma). The good news is that there are no questions about what is socially acceptable because the Code makes it unmistakable. Clarity is vitally important in an age in which political hacks use Orwellian doublespeak to suit their political designs.

Most importantly on this issue, Obama is being very deceitful about his true feelings.

This proves that the debacle which he created over his reasons for getting rid of his American flag lapel pin was not an isolated incident.

He truly despises patriotism. The man is a liar.

Posted by: Freedom Now at October 22, 2007 4:30 PM

it reminds me of the sixties when women started burning their bras - and here we are 40 years later with millions of women saying, "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?"

yeah, where's your support now?

Posted by: nanc at October 22, 2007 8:43 PM

How Un-American. A slap in the face to every Citizen of the United States. This man doesn't deserve Citizenship, let alone being considered to be President of this Wonderful Land.

Posted by: V (for Vendetta) at October 23, 2007 5:24 AM

Muslims Against Sharia call on Senator Obama to distance himself from al-Qaeda supporters

With the black Islamic flag of war draped behind him, an individual on You Tube that goes by the name Abdul Hakim Khatab has called for people to support Barack Obama for U.S. President in 2008. The video is titled 'Barack Obama 2008 spokenword.' Muslims Against Sharia call on Barack Obama to distance himself from his extremist supporters and to denounce this You Tube video for promoting violence in the name of the Obama for President campaign.

Posted by: Muslims Against Sharia at October 23, 2007 5:13 PM

What a slap in the face of our military. We have people dying for this flag and this wanna-be dosen't even have the decency to place his hand over his heart to show his love of this country.

Mr. Obama's actions speak louder than his words!

Posted by: no name at October 23, 2007 5:37 PM

You are all wrong. You are the reason America is looked down upon by the rest of the world. You have the right to your own opinion, but your vulgarity is God-awful. You should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to "love thy neighbor" and "forgive those who upset you"? You think you are the upholders of our integrity, but my dog has more integrity than all of you put together. You are the unpatriotic ones. Yes, Obama's actions speak very loud. He is working for world peace; at least HE has the dignity and the decency to be respectful of others. Whether you agree with him or not the very least he deserves is your respect. Most Christian denominations support him. The country is waking up to the fact that the current disunity is ruining our nation. If you really love this country, you should play clean.

America doesn’t deserve to have people like you defending it. This nation is too good for you.

Posted by: Samantha at October 27, 2007 9:00 AM

OK, no name. Thats nice.

So how 'American' does one have to get in order to speak out against an unpatriotic man who is being considered for THE PRESIDENCY?

Does one have to be in the military?
Check.

Does one have to have lost friends overseas?
Check.

Does one have to have citizenship?
Check.

Oh, but lets see...now someone will likely call me an ignorant american/imperialistic baby-killer, right?

Oh. damn. Well I guess the fact that I was born and raised in a third world country and have more world-experience than most people in the bloody city I live in doesn't cover that either does it?

My point. Is that some people are just too foolish and dead-set in their beliefs that they will not listen to anything.
People like that are not worth talking to.
But I will say this for those who are willing to hear;
Someone who is not willing to so much as place their goddamed hand over their heart for whatever country they call home, isn't worth a dime.

Posted by: Peacecraft at October 29, 2007 9:48 AM

Correction,
my last comment was directed to Mrs. Samantha.
Apologies, no name. read that wrong.

~Cheers

Posted by: Peacecraft at October 29, 2007 10:02 AM

I am not entirely sure if this man is unpatriotic or not, but I am suspicious that he might be slightly daft and not hypervigilant of the things that go on around him (and I'm quite sure I DON'T want another such person in the White House right now...OOooyyy!)

Minded, I do wish for our next President to be Patriotic; that goes without saying...however, the base of the matter is that it is certainly not a good sign when a person who is in the actual "running" exhibits such a stance in such a situation. It simply denotes either one of three things (or any combination thereof): 1) Lack of patriotism, 2)Mindlessness, or 3) Rebelliousness.

Numbers two and three, in the general public...I do find some appreciation for at SOME times...but when it comes to a person who is running for the most major of U.S. political offices? Give me a break!!!

Even if Obama is patriotic and we are presently misjudging him....this photo clearly shows that he is not exactly "quick on his toes" AND/OR that he is simply rebelling in some misguided way....and, for whatever the reason.....the fact that he is not exceptionally astute enough to "walk the walk and talk the talk,".......well, this is reason enough not to take him at all seriously.

Posted by: Nel Vintage at October 30, 2007 10:57 PM

Being patriotic means showing vigerous support for your country. Personally, I'm embarassed at my country. I'm embarassed that we still believe that we're better than everyone else. I'm embarassed that we think peace can come from violence. I'm embarassed that the people no longer have a voice. I'm embarassed that we'd spend billions of dollars every day on everything EXCEPT making our country better. Why support a country, or its politicians if they won't even take care of my? Why support a country that lets millions of people go without a home, or a goverment that wont wont change things so that I can get an education. Oh.....I forgot, I should support this government because it gives me the right to speak freely, unlike most countries right? SHUT UP!! What's the point of speaking if no one LISTENS?

Putting your hand over your heart is NOT the only way you can show that you love your country. It's sad that most Americans believe that though.

Posted by: Sandman at November 2, 2007 12:43 PM

The video clip is great! I saw it on the news. As the anthem is playing, he starts swaying back and forth. What a douche bag! Who wants a non-patriotic baby killer for President?

Posted by: Josh at November 2, 2007 7:57 PM